Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 23:01   #16
BHPian

Re: My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT

Hi bluevolt, i don't live in rohini, i was there visiting relatives.

The mirror got stolen few hours back, i live in safdarjung enclave.
Old 14th September 2011, 23:26   #17
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new drive Jaxy. Corolla is a brilliant car and in its latest avatar is absolutely smart. Wish you a million kms of safe and enjoyable driving experience.
Old 15th September 2011, 00:06   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jaxy ; looks like the first 7-speed Altis on the forum.

Condolences on the loss of mirror ; agony after ecstasy, which I guess is every new car owner's experience.

When even petty badges can be stolen ,this is no surprise.

When you get over your grief , do post a detailed review on various aspects of the car and also please include some shots of the engine bay,interiors,exteriors,boot.

Enjoy your drive !!!!
Old 15th September 2011, 01:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy
• Passenger side seat belt chime is irritating, sometimes if I keep a heavy item on the seat the sensor starts detecting it and rest is “beep beep” for 90 sec
This is a safety feature. The passenger seat comes with weight sensor. If a child is sitting on front passenger seat or the front passenger seat is vacant, the sensor will deactivate the passenger airbags as a safety measure. If sensor senses more than certain weight, it activates the passenger airbags, this is the reason when you put heavier stuff in passenger seat, it turns the airbag on and seatbelt chime comes on and it it goes off after 90 seconds but there is no way you can stop seat belt warnings as it is safety requirements in so many countries where same model is sold.

Hope this explains. BTW, congrats on your new purchase. You will not regret your decision. I own 2 pre. generation Corollas, 1 in India and 1 in USA and both just go on and on without any glitches.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 15th September 2011 at 01:36.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 04:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, finally someone bought an Altis and has put up the thread. Seriously new Altis threads are a rarity on the forum. Please post more pictures of exteriors and interiors, also not sure but i did not see does the DVD player plays only DVD's or it plays DivX/Avi from pen drives as well?

How did the drive felt, did you test drove the Civic and Laura and as compared to them how was the feeling?
Old 15th September 2011, 07:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Very sorry to hear about the mirror theft. As someone who has lost my logos more than once, I can relate to how frustrating it must be, especially since mirrors are such a useful accessory. Hope you find the crook and bring him to justice.
Old 15th September 2011, 08:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
Thanks guys for your wishes.
as luck would have it, new car is bound for its owner's 1st heart burn, in my case it happened today.
A thief has stolen my side mirror with the mechanism completely.
God knows how to prevent this.
Anyway, it sure is a heat burn but i have made sure i launch an FIR and our resident welfare association is going to take this with SHO and lets see where it goes from there.
By the way got to know its 4th theft in last week for side mirrors.
I am just happy he hasnt left nasty lines on my car, what do you suggest guys should i claim insurance or just buy it off the market?
Side mirror stolen. Its just one or both sides?
This is really shocking to know. Looks like its a new racket. After badges its time for mirrors. No sooner we will have missing tires.
Some where on forum I saw some guys tires got stolen.
What I would suggest is you compare the cost of mirror and the value of your no claim bonus and then decide what to opt for.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:56   #23
BHPian

quick update:

Our guard found the mirror along with 6 other mirrors of different cars, they were kept under a unused car in our colony.
chori bhi ki, risk bhi liya but na khaaya na pacha paya

anyway, it was the driver side mirror which got stolen

Will update the pics and other details soon, please bear with me until i get this mirror replaced
Jaxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 11:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the 4-speed A/T Altis and your FE figures make me green with envy. The 7-speed is 50% more fuel efficient, impressive !

Surprising that you say that the steering is heavy. My Altis steering is super light and smooth which makes it a boon to zip around in traffic. Although it does weigh up when you gain speed.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 12:07   #25
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
quick update:

======the driver side mirror which got stolen

Will update the pics and other details soon, please bear with me until i get this mirror replaced
Good to hear that the mirror was found. I hope Toyota A.S.S is able to fix the mirrors. Awaiting more pictures, especially the interiors.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th December 2016 at 10:03. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th September 2011, 12:31   #26
BHPian

One more key feature which i missed out earlier is:

I don't have to take out the key of my pocket, the door has a sensor which opens up all the doors as soon as i press my thumb against it, also the boot can be opened by giving a gentle push upwards as long as the key is in my pocket
Jaxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 12:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, finally someone bought an Altis and has put up the thread. Seriously new Altis threads are a rarity on the forum. Please post more pictures of exteriors and interiors, also not sure but i did not see does the DVD player plays only DVD's or it plays DivX/Avi from pen drives as well?

How did the drive felt, did you test drove the Civic and Laura and as compared to them how was the feeling?
HI mayank,
Personally overall Laura wins, the drive of the DSG gearbox is pure evil . I had booked the Laura AT ambiente earlier but backed out of the deal due to N number of mechatronic failures reported, besides in Delhi traffic how often would a DSG be used to its full potential.

Civic bottomed out on the speed bumps and did not like the low driving position, neither did my dad who has slight knee problem. He found it pretty difficult to sit in the civic's back seat.

Then i heard the corolla has new CVT - I gearbox which is not the conventional type or as they say so. Test drove it, it was fab.
Easy to drive, lots of goodies only downside is its petrol but i can still live with it.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:57   #28
BHPian

Congrats Jaxy, Good car with fantastic CVT.
is there any accessories upgrade you have planned? do share the thoughts.

Sad to know about the side mirror theft.
Enjoy the miles churning
Old 15th September 2011, 14:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Congrats Jaxy, Good car with fantastic CVT.
is there any accessories upgrade you have planned? do share the thoughts.

Sad to know about the side mirror theft.
Enjoy the miles churning
No accessories planned besides a decent sunfilm.
Accessories which i got fitted from the showroom are:
front chrome grill upper / lower
boot chrome insert
side wall mouldings chrome inserts
muffler cutter chrome
Old 15th September 2011, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Corolla Do post more of your interior shots. Also, do put up your experiences with the built in DVD player as its the new addition to the segment overall (except for the unit in the Civic which was introduced after this).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks