Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 15:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT

Congrats on your car. Your review is to the point and business like, just like your car! The Altis is one complete peace of mind product from Toyota.

If the new CVT gives 11-12 kmpl then it makes for a very good case for itself in our choked cities. Toyota service is good but they need to expand their service infrastructure. Here in Bangalore getting a service appointment with Ravindu Toyota is a task in itself.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:59   #32
BHPian

The toyota after sale service has quoted 11.5 K + taxes for replacing the mirror. I would be checking out outside areas if the existing one can be fitted back, what do you guys suggest?
Old 15th September 2011, 17:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
The toyota after sale service has quoted 11.5 K + taxes for replacing the mirror. I would be checking out outside areas if the existing one can be fitted back, what do you guys suggest?
11.5k just to reattach the existing one? Or for a new one? If its the latter one, cant they reattach the existing one or is it damaged beyond a point of reattaching?
Old 15th September 2011, 17:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
11.5k just to reattach the existing one? Or for a new one? If its the latter one, cant they reattach the existing one or is it damaged beyond a point of reattaching?
11.5 for the new one, i got the quote on phone, would have to take the car to their service center and see if existing can be fixed.
Old 15th September 2011, 18:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the Altis! It is quite a beauty.

Btw, how can one remove the OVRM? Isn't it bolted from inside?

I've experienced something very similar - the antenna was flicked off my ANHC when it was barely 2 months old; from the society itself.

Anywho, hope the existing mirror fits.

Have a great ownership period now on!
Old 15th September 2011, 19:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the New Corolla Jaxy. The T brand will gradually grow on you as you will get no-nonsense service from the vehicle day after day. Sorry to hear about the theft plight. Corolla reviews are a rarity on TBhp. Wonder why? Seeing that it is selling about 1000 cars every month. Maybe most aren't TBhp members... lolz. Some nice shots (interiors and exteriors) with a good camera would be most appreciated.

You wont miss the Rear A/C vents when the AC is such a chiller. Though you opted for the AT probably due to your mostly bumper to bumper drive but the 6 speed manual is an absolute thrill.

Some queries-
- Where is the Mic for the Bluetooth Placed? Is it on the stereo itself or somewhere near the steering?
- Does the Bluetooth support A2DP profile to stream music from your phone to the music system?
- Did you try out the headlamp washer system? Is it any use?
- Does the power seats have memory? If yes, how many?
- Are the BT Phone controls missing on the steering?
- Is there a MID? If yes, what all does it display?

There are some grouses which I feel Toyota needs to wake up immediately and STOP shortchanging the Indian customers -
- GPS is a must in it's touchscreen systems like it provides in Thailand
- Rear camera Support too is a must aka its Thai models
- BT Phone controls on steering also like its Thai models

Best of driving pleasure on the "World's Best Selling Car". You can't go wrong with it, from one (past) Corolla owner to another...

Last edited by dkaile : 15th September 2011 at 19:30.
Old 15th September 2011, 22:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Some queries-
- Where is the Mic for the Bluetooth Placed? Is it on the stereo itself or somewhere near the steering?
its on the stereo, i have been using it without any issues so far, i am quite audible to the reciever

Quote:
- Does the Bluetooth support A2DP profile to stream music from your phone to the music system?
yes it does, i regularly play music on my phone via Bluetooth

Quote:
- Did you try out the headlamp washer system? Is it any use?
i did use it, just for fun though , it is useful when you have muck or slush on our headlamps during rainy season but not entirely as it does not have a wiper to wipe off the spray

Quote:
- Does the power seats have memory? If yes, how many?
Nope no memory

Quote:
- Are the BT Phone controls missing on the steering?
yea they aren't present

Quote:
- Is there a MID? If yes, what all does it display?
yes it has MID, which shows KMPL, avg. range (distance to empty), economy driving, time, outside temp, there are more i will update you as I am still figuring it out
There are some grouses which I feel Toyota needs to wake up immediately and STOP shortchanging the Indian customers -

Quote:
- GPS is a must in it's touchscreen systems like it provides in Thailand
i agree the GPS system and DVD player unit of OEM toyota costs 35k , don't think it's worth it

Quote:
- Rear camera Support too is a must aka its Thai models
this is another thing which costs upwards of 20k and is available as accessory at toyota

Quote:
- BT Phone controls on steering also like its Thai models
don't really miss this feature

Best of driving pleasure on the "World's Best Selling Car". You can't go wrong with it, from one (past) Corolla owner to another...[/quote]
thanks a lot for wishes my friend.

Guys, i will be uploading the snaps on saturday, as i am waiting for a camera

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th December 2016 at 10:07. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 17th September 2011, 17:56   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on , a 16 lac car deserves better pics,Jaxy.

On the mirror issue,please check outside , you should get it in grey at approx half the price
Old 19th September 2011, 01:19   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Good pics Jaxy ; what is the status of the new mirror?

For all that you know,the same mirror might be available in your city's chor bazaar
Old 19th September 2011, 08:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics Jaxy. On my visit to Galaxy Toyota yesterday, one thing I noticed with the music system was that you cannot turn it off once the car has started while driving. It keep on displaying Audio Off on the screen. Is that case or can it be turned off fully?
Old 19th September 2011, 10:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Good pics Jaxy ; what is the status of the new mirror?

For all that you know,the same mirror might be available in your city's chor bazaar
The mirror was recovered underneath a car parked in our colony itself, waiting for the new bracket to arrive. Thankfully there wasn't any damage to it's internals. The wires will be reconnected.
Less den't on my pocket
Old 19th September 2011, 10:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Nice Pics Jaxy. On my visit to Galaxy Toyota yesterday, one thing I noticed with the music system was that you cannot turn it off once the car has started while driving. It keep on displaying Audio Off on the screen. Is that case or can it be turned off fully?
yes you can, you need to press the "Display" button on the right hand side of the screen and then select the "turn off display" option.
Old 19th September 2011, 22:27   #43
BHPian

the OEM music system does not support IPOD via USB neither does it have a navigation system, what do you suggest guys should i go for OEM Navigation system which is around 35k or look around other products?
Old 19th September 2011, 22:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
the OEM music system does not support IPOD via USB neither does it have a navigation system, what do you suggest guys should i go for OEM Navigation system which is around 35k or look around other products?
I found the sound quality of these aftermarket units (which are very versatile) like Caska/MegaAudio not up to the mark of the OE units and nowhere as good as the Pioneers etc. GPS can be purchased separately if very necessary, otherwise all good phones (especially large screen android's) provide excellent if not more features than a dedicated GPS system. Ipod can be played through Aux-In port.
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Jaxy, nice pics! Does the touch screen offer any other function as to display the car information or is it ONLY used for music and DVD playback? Also, if you were to get a reversing camera, can the OEM display be used for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks