Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 11:19   #91
BHPian

Re: My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT

Hello All,

Thought of updating the thread.
The Car went for 40k service last month.
It's been smooth ride so far with no issues at all.
The 1st Paid Service Bill came to around 12K

The "Dealer" extended warranty is now being offered for 2 years for the sum of 17k. Thinking of going for it.

On the other hand, God has been kind and a tree has fallen on my car twice (same tree, different branch) in span of 1 year.
The 1st time, it left a minor dent on the bonnet.
This time, it was Diwali, me and my dad were sitting on the terrace in the evening enjoying the Dunkin' doughnuts and the holiday when suddenly, "zing kazap thud", "Electricity Pole wires tangled, sparks flew", no breezy winds blowing no monkeys jumping on the tree's branches, the tree's big heavy branch says "TIMBERRR" and landed right on my car.
Dad wished my Happy Diwali Son, this is sure gonna be a memorable one for you.
Front windshield, Dent on A pillar & Driver side ORVM gone.
I guess God was teasing me, the tree barely missed the bonnet and was balanced just slightly on the adjacent wall. 2 inches here and 2 inches there it would have smashed the car's bonnet as well.

Rest everything is fine.

Did my duty as a citizen, Complained to Horticulture department again.

Should be getting my car back in 2 - 3 days time.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-1.jpg  

My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-2.jpg  

My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-3.jpg  

My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-4.jpg  

My new Corolla Altis 2011 - 7 speed CVT-5.jpg  

Jaxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 12:25   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
Hello All,

Thought of updating the thread.
The Car went for 40k service last month.
It's been smooth ride so far with no issues at all.
The 1st Paid Service Bill came to around 12K

The "Dealer" extended warranty is now being offered for 2 years for the sum of 17k. Thinking of going for it.
Even I have opted for that warranty. Thought it is better to have that peace of mind.

That is quite some running in 3 years for your car. Mine has also covered 46k kms as of today. How come 40k service was the first paid service for you? It should have been the 30k kms one right? Also do you mind sharing the cost of the service? 12k seems a little high to me as mine costed 7k for the 40k km service and even lesser for the 30k km service, both of which were paid services ofcourse.

Lastly how have your brake pads been holding? Surprisingly mine is still doing good on stock ones.
Old 26th November 2014, 15:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I have opted for that warranty. Thought it is better to have that peace of mind.

That is quite some running in 3 years for your car. Mine has also covered 46k kms as of today. How come 40k service was the first paid service for you? It should have been the 30k kms one right?
Thanks for pointing that out, i got the 1st paid service done from my trusted garage. Since my trusted garage owner was not in town for few weeks i took it to Toyota Service this time around. Hence, i mentioned 1st paid service from Toyota.
Quote:
Also do you mind sharing the cost of the service? 12k seems a little high to me as mine costed 7k for the 40k km service and even lesser for the 30k km service, both of which were paid services ofcourse.
I'll check the bills and confirm you on it.
Quote:
Lastly how have your brake pads been holding? Surprisingly mine is still doing good on stock ones.
I got the brake pads changed last time around 32k
Old 6th June 2016, 16:29   #94
BHPian

Hi Jaxy,

I just drove the 7 speed Altis 2011 model and I wanted to ask you something I noticed with the transmission. When floor the pedal slightly, the revs build up and say around 3000 RPM (not necessary it has to be 3k but I didn't rev it more), if you lift your foot off the A pedal, isn't the gearbox supposed to shift up? The one I drove, it was holding the gear (I could see the engine holding the rev to 3k) for a second or two and not shifting up immediately. Now I have the 4 speed Altis at home and I don't experience this in my car. So I was trying to understand if there's some issue with the gearbox or that's how this 7 speed one works. Rest everything was smooth with the transmission, the car was picking up speed well and the rubber band effect is almost non-existent.

And like you mentioned as well, in your opening post, the steering is heavier in the 2011 post Altis. My car has a lighter steering at low speeds and then weighs up once you pick up speed. But I liked the one in this updated model.

Do let me know your thoughts on the transmission thing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th June 2016, 15:00   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hi Jaxy,

So I was trying to understand if there's some issue with the gearbox or that's how this 7 speed one works. Rest everything was smooth with the transmission, the car was picking up speed well and the rubber band effect is almost non-existent.

Hi Aston,

That is how the 7-speed one works, it will rev upto 3K-4K if you hard press the pedal. It will generally change gears around 3K when you see the "ECO" mode light on. If you turn off the ECO mode it will rev further more before changing the gears.
Nothing wrong with the gearbox. Works like a charm. I'm satisfied customer.
Have belted 62K Kms so far on this and loving every bit of it.
Jaxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 15:24   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Aston,

That is how the 7-speed one works, it will rev upto 3K-4K if you hard press the pedal. It will generally change gears around 3K when you see the "ECO" mode light on. If you turn off the ECO mode it will rev further more before changing the gears.
Nothing wrong with the gearbox. Works like a charm. I'm satisfied customer.
Have belted 62K Kms so far on this and loving every bit of it.
Ahh okay. How do you turn off the ECO mode? I have actually shortlisted a 2011 Altis that has clocked around 51k kms. Till now I've just taken it for a short spin but I plan to take it for a longer run if I decide to finalize the deal. Post 2011 model definitely feels a lot smoother, the engine and the transmission both work really well together.
Old 15th June 2016, 03:20   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Ahh okay. How do you turn off the ECO mode? I have actually shortlisted a 2011 Altis that has clocked around 51k kms. Till now I've just taken it for a short spin but I plan to take it for a longer run if I decide to finalize the deal. Post 2011 model definitely feels a lot smoother, the engine and the transmission both work really well together.
use the lever on the instrument panel which switches to ODOMETER. push it until you reach '"ECO ON", then keep it pressed for about 5 sec. it will show ECO OFF.
Economy mode will be set to OFF now and car will change gears in even higher revs
Old 27th August 2016, 00:02   #98
BHPian

Dear Jaxy,
I've wanted to buy the Altis ever since I read your thread & drove a friend's CVT.
Now I'm getting a 1st owner, 2012 CVT model 60,000 kms driven for 9 lakh asking price.

Would you recommend the purchase at this price?
Old 8th September 2017, 19:50   #99
BHPian

The car has covered 81000 KMS as of now and has been running fine.
Got my 80000 Service done, total bill damage 15K.

The steering rack assembly was changed once around 70K because it started to make noise when the car used to run over pot holes.
It might also be due to the fact that I have to drive to Uttarakhand Hills lots of time during my ownership and this meant to ride on some of the best Grade-A1 craters on the roads.
The tyres were changed to Pirelli at 70K mark.
There have been some rattles which had crept up and were duly taken care of in the service.

Other than this, the car has been running absolutely fine. I have been loving the smooth effortless ride of the 7-Speed ALTIS.
Jaxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 23:48   #100
BHPian

Hey jaxy,
Read through your entire thread at one go.
Thanks for putting every detail about the car on the forum.
Great Help
I am thinking of picking up a '13 altis automatic
The car has done 46k kms.
What pointers should i be checking?
Also does toyota maintain a online database for service history of its vehicles??
If Yes, Will they provide me information regarding service history of the vehicle if i ask them ?
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
I am thinking of picking up a '13 altis automatic
The car has done 46k kms.
What pointers should i be checking?
Also does toyota maintain a online database for service history of its vehicles??
If Yes, Will they provide me information regarding service history of the vehicle if i ask them ?
Yes. Toyota may tell you about the previous maintenance and service history. You should be inspecting regular wear components like battery, suspension, tyres, clutch systems of an Altis which has run 46000 kilometres. As an Altis owner (not an automatic one though), I can assure you that it is a fill it, shut it, forget it type of car.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 10:59   #102
BHPian

In which year did Toyota upgrade from the 4 speed AT to the 7 speed CVT in the altis?

I inspected the car but found too many faults so rejected it.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
In which year did Toyota upgrade from the 4 speed AT to the 7 speed CVT in the altis?
Should be late 2010 alongside this facelift that got officially reviewed.

I own a March 2010 Altis that is 4-speed and I also shopped a late 2011 Altis that was a 7 speed CVT.

Additionally the petrol engines were updated from the 1ZZ to the 2ZR series in the same time period.

The Corolla AT is quite hard to come by, especially with low miles. I found hardly 3-4 examples out of over 300-400 Corolla ads over a span of 1-2 months. Good luck with your shopping
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 19:59   #104
BHPian

Same here .
Looked up several classifieds , enquired at various pre owned dealers.

I found 3 examples for 2013 altis which had done between 20000kms to 30000kms.

First , dealer owned was quoting a price of 9l , the car had a high idling rpm (2-2.5k) and an overcoat of paint recently done.

Second, directly dealing with the owner , car done 22000kms asking price , 10l non negotiable,

Third , directly dealing with the owner, completed 28000kms , Owner never returned calls or replied to any texts.

I really need the good luck
Old 2nd December 2022, 19:11   #105
BHPian

Quote:
The car has covered 81000 KMS as of now and has been running fine.
Got my 80000 Service done, total bill damage 15K.
Jaxy, do you still own this car? I am looking to arrange a HID bulb for mine as it conked off today and now my car is running only on one lowbeam bulb. the original HID bulb would cost me a whopping 12k+.

Can you advise if there is any alternative to it? all I can think of sourcing it from some old car but its very hard to find in Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks