Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 12:00   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
I remember there is a metal sump guard for extra protection in Vista VX, which the older Vistas doesn't have. Hope you have noticed that.

Might be a wheel balancing problem. Once I had the same problem and got it rectified.
Hi Arun, Yes, i noticed that metal sump guard the day i got the car home. I guess the Ground Clearance was calculated before this guard was added.

Regarding steering shudder @ 110KMPH, i am not sure if it is balancing issues, but will get them checked once for sure.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bigvishnu,

Thank you for regularly updating your ownership review. Thanks to your thread I booked my Arctic Silver Vista and got the delivery on 28th October. Am simply in love with my new Vista, the handling feel of the materials and the overall quality is a big improvement ( Previously owned a 2003 Indica V2 DLS). So far have completed 500 kms in my daily drive, will take her for long drives after the first service.

Now following are the concerns I am facing so far:

1) The bluetooth paring worked well with my Nokia E63 for the first 5-6 days, but now when I pair the phone the head unit keeps restarting every 2 minutes.

2) Am using a 2 GB Moserbaer pen drive with around 300 songs randomly pasted in one single folder. What is happening frequently is the audio just stops playing and have to restart the unit to continue. Could this be due to pen drive formatting?

3) I have memorised 9 FM stations on the headunit, but when using the steering control to change channels, to the next preset it starts seeking in increments of 10, so I end up pressing the numbers on the HU to change channels, is it supposed to be that way?

4) Also I have noticed the car pulling a lot to the left. Will highlight it during the first service.

Look forward to your replies!
Old 11th November 2011, 13:50   #63
BHPian

Maverick - Congrats on your new car, and glad you are loving it. MY responses to your queries in-line below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hi Bigvishnu,

Thank you for regularly updating your ownership review. Thanks to your thread I booked my Arctic Silver Vista and got the delivery on 28th October. Am simply in love with my new Vista, the handling feel of the materials and the overall quality is a big improvement ( Previously owned a 2003 Indica V2 DLS). So far have completed 500 kms in my daily drive, will take her for long drives after the first service.

500 kms in 12 days is great! good going

Now following are the concerns I am facing so far:

1) The bluetooth paring worked well with my Nokia E63 for the first 5-6 days, but now when I pair the phone the head unit keeps restarting every 2 minutes.

I would suggest that you delete the pairing, and re-pair it to make it the Master. I had this issue with my HTC during the first week, but was resolved after the re-pair. Changed phone to Karbonn mobile (thats a different story) and do not notice any issues.

2) Am using a 2 GB Moserbaer pen drive with around 300 songs randomly pasted in one single folder. What is happening frequently is the audio just stops playing and have to restart the unit to continue. Could this be due to pen drive formatting?

Yes, get a freshly formatted pen-drive, and have songs in folders, and then you can use the keys on the HU to change folders etc etc as well.

3) I have memorised 9 FM stations on the headunit, but when using the steering control to change channels, to the next preset it starts seeking in increments of 10, so I end up pressing the numbers on the HU to change channels, is it supposed to be that way?

My experience is exactly the same as well. so i guess its designed to behave that way

4) Also I have noticed the car pulling a lot to the left. Will highlight it during the first service.

This must surely be checked. if you think its a bit too much, you MUST go for an out of cycle visit to the service station.

Look forward to your replies!
bigvishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 14:01   #64
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Also I have noticed the car pulling a lot to the left. Will highlight it during the first service.
Hi! Maverick - even 100 kms on wheels that are not alligned will kill the misalligned tyres. Pls go to the Service centre ASAP, as you could loose major life from your new tyres in a short time.

Big Vishnu this is becoming quite a detailed thread on the New Vista with lots of neat bits of info.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hi! Maverick - even 100 kms on wheels that are not alligned will kill the misalligned tyres. Pls go to the Service centre ASAP, as you could loose major life from your new tyres in a short time.

Big Vishnu this is becoming quite a detailed thread on the New Vista with lots of neat bits of info.
Thanks for the info guys! Actually am thinking of switching to alloys and 185 cross section tyres, what are your views on it.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:

ACM, thanks! am glad that i am able to add value to this forum.

Getting new floor mats and seat covers (had originally decided to stick to OE fabric, but one long drive with kiddo changed my decision). Fitting hopefully over the weekend, will post pics soon. Colors for the seat covers -Sand Dune + Camel
Old 11th November 2011, 14:34   #67
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys! Actually am thinking of switching to alloys and 185 cross section tyres, what are your views on it.
Since you would now not get much for your existing tyres suggest you stick to them for alteast 10K kms before changing from the stock.

The alloys upgrade though is quite fine and you could do that and go for something that you like. Don't get this done from the Authorized Tata guys as that would be at too high a cost for the same stuff available outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post

Getting new floor mats and seat covers (had originally decided to stick to OE fabric, but one long drive with kiddo changed my decision). Fitting hopefully over the weekend, will post pics soon. Colors for the seat covers -Sand Dune + Camel
The pseudo leather covers that are available in the market start slipping off in a months time- especially for the seat - and the look of the seats becomes quite shabby. Recommend that you instead go for covers that are stiched to the seats. It will cost about 1.5K more but will give the feel of genuine leather and retain shape for much longer. It will be just like having OEM seats in leather. The Car will have to be left with the fitter for 1 day while he does the job. They will normally stick the covers earlier and keep it ready for the day on which they are fitted. So a total of two days are required.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It may be a pain to take care of the seats, but I absolutely love the feel and look of the OE seats. Was thinking of seat covers when the car was delivered, but after using it for a while have decided not to, don't have any kids yet..
Old 12th November 2011, 01:55   #69
BHPian

Quote:
The pseudo leather covers that are available in the market start slipping off in a months time- especially for the seat - and the look of the seats becomes quite shabby. Recommend that you instead go for covers that are stiched to the seats. It will cost about 1.5K more but will give the feel of genuine leather and retain shape for much longer. It will be just like having OEM seats in leather. The Car will have to be left with the fitter for 1 day while he does the job. They will normally stick the covers earlier and keep it ready for the day on which they are fitted. So a total of two days are required.
Quote:
It may be a pain to take care of the seats, but I absolutely love the feel and look of the OE seats. Was thinking of seat covers when the car was delivered, but after using it for a while have decided not to, don't have any kids yet..

ACM, i checked specifically with the vendor (imperial leather inc, bannerghatta road, Bangalore) specifically if the seats will be stuck, he said that they will uninstall all the seats, remove existing seat cover beading and install the new ones, and they will guarantee that it wont slip. so i'll watch that space. he mentioned they would need 3-4 hours.

Maverick, i envy you! .. The seats were so soiled with all sorts of stuff (food, liquids to mud and other tings), hence i had to take the call.
Old 12th November 2011, 02:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. My OE seats have become soiled but the feel they offer me has made me stay away from seat covers. Will be getting them cleaned on my next trip to chennai / b'lore.
Old 12th November 2011, 08:56   #71
BHPian

New niggle update - Back left side door has a mind of its own, looks like. didn't observe this issue so far since the back doors are seldom used. when the central locking is in unlocked mode, no guarantee that the back door is actually unlocked, takes 1-2 iterations of lock-unlock to actually open the door from outside. haven't checked from inside.

did anyone face this?
Old 12th November 2011, 13:00   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Mr.Bigvishnu - hello to you and thank you for sharing your comments on your ownership experience of Vista on this thread. I'll shortly provide some answers to you on the audio issue that you have mentioned. It will be very simple. Can you please PM me some more details as well as your mobile contact number? I too drive a White Vista which happens to have an MH14 registration. Got it? Good! . Please accept my best personal regards, Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr.Bigvishnu - the audio settings are as follows:
Two vehicles have been set with new audio settings & I found better compared to existing Vista infotainment performance.

How to operate within functions?-
Press “Audio”
Press up & down arrow for function selection
Press “OK” to enter into function
Press right or left arrow to set the parameter value
After setting again press “OK” to save & exit

Set the audio settings as per below-

ΨAudio (on front fascia)
oTreble- 7
oBass- 7 ( 5 would be optimized for those who want less bass effect)
oExBass- 3
oE-Advace
§E-Bass- 60Hz, 1.0
§E-Treble- 10.0Khz
§E-Mid- 1000Khz, +7, 0.5
§Ex-Bass- 60Hz, 3

With above settings we can get better clarity, bass effect & overall sound quality.

Please let me know your comments. I'll guide you on the seats and door issue shortly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by GTO : 16th November 2011 at 18:16. Reason: Removing FONT Tags.
Old 12th November 2011, 13:23   #73
Senior - BHPian

@ Dhabhar Behram, could you please re-post the settings? Also could you please help me with the bluetooth settings? I tried deleting device list and re-pairing my Nokia E63, but it keeps restarting.

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 12th November 2011 at 13:33.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:21   #74
BHPian

Quote:
New niggle update - Back left side door has a mind of its own, looks like. didn't observe this issue so far since the back doors are seldom used. when the central locking is in unlocked mode, no guarantee that the back door is actually unlocked, takes 1-2 iterations of lock-unlock to actually open the door from outside. haven't checked from inside.

did anyone face this?
I am wondering if these niggles are part and parcel of every car or is it something unique to just Tata cars? If you read the Aria thread it's pretty horrifying and it has planted solid seeds of doubt in my mind.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
I am wondering if these niggles are part and parcel of every car or is it something unique to just Tata cars? If you read the Aria thread it's pretty horrifying and it has planted solid seeds of doubt in my mind.
i had similar issues with doors with my dad's santro, and my grandpa's wagonR, not to mention my friend's i10, so dont want to blame TATA for anything specific. Its a machine, and machines, sometimes develop issues, that need to be fixed.

Most Viewed