Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 01:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms

nice car,nicer colour and nicest interior make over ; good show.

I saw this plastic sheet lamination in an Innova in Trichy a few weeks ago ; looked very "stock" indeed.

My personal feel is that just good custom built oversize size mats should suffice ; the carpet will barely see muck if the mats cover almost all the carpet surface.
Old 27th September 2011, 09:03   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the SX4 Diesel. Its indeed a very good choice when it comes to choosing a sedan which has economy and reliability.

Feel really sad that you had to let the Scorpio go. Or are you planning to get the scorpio as well?
Old 27th September 2011, 10:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely description powertrain. Especially your honest unbiased opinion of the car. SX4 would have been the car I might have purchased if the Vento's engine hadn't blown me away.
Amazing (ACI) info provided by you - didn't know that SX4 was that fast! Maybe someday when I land up in Mumbai, and you have the free time - we could test it out

Btw could you share the contacts of the seat cover shop you used?

Also a honest feedback - lose the blue(?) dotted floor mats - they look horrible - get better ones that complement your seat covers & interiors.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:06   #19
BHPian

My answers in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) One of the best SX4 Diesel review on TBHP IMO. Nice.
Thanks buddy !!!
2) Do update us on how is the car behaving on highways when it comes to long high speed stretches.

Like I said, I did'nt get a chance to stretch her legs. Will go for a long drive sometime next week. Give you the feel ASAP.

4) How do you find suspension noise ? SX4 is one of the few Japanese cars that is below Rs. 10 lakh and has a more silent suspension and not as if its breaking on bad roads. Do update on this also.
Suspension noise is very good. Does not crash into potholes.
5) Lastly, how is NVH as compared to others ?
NVH ranking according to me -
- New Verna - 1st
- Fiesta - 2nd
- SX4 - 3rd
- Linea - 4th
- Vento - 5th

No offense meant to owners.

Enjoy one of the most practical sedans in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
nice review dude and you look really happy in the delivery photo
you said initially that your budget was 16 lakhs for 2 new cars which was upped to 18 lakhs by selling the indigo so which car did you buy which the remaining 8 lakhs?
The answers will come by tommorrow !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Nice review Powertrain!!! Loads of pics too... just how I like it.

About the lamination of the carpets, I think I saw on Tbhp itself about similar thing being done in Kerala where the trend was prevalent. Didnt know it was catching up in Mumbai. you sure it is 5 mm. Seems less than that.
Thanks a lot buddy. It is 5mm thick.Measured it with a Vernier Caliper.
did you happen to ask the vendor what happens if water enters through some small nick or crevice and wets the carpet. How would that be fixed?
Now that you mention it, Will ask ASAP !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
nice car,nicer colour and nicest interior make over ; good show.

I saw this plastic sheet lamination in an Innova in Trichy a few weeks ago ; looked very "stock" indeed.

My personal feel is that just good custom built oversize size mats should suffice ; the carpet will barely see muck if the mats cover almost all the carpet surface.
Thank you for your appreciation. I believe mats will not cover all the corners. Dust & grime have an amazing ability to lodge itself in the tightest corners !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Congratulations on the SX4 Diesel. Its indeed a very good choice when it comes to choosing a sedan which has economy and reliability.

Feel really sad that you had to let the Scorpio go. Or are you planning to get the scorpio as well?
No buddy, the Scorpio's gone for good
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Lovely description powertrain. Especially your honest unbiased opinion of the car. SX4 would have been the car I might have purchased if the Vento's engine hadn't blown me away.
Amazing (ACI) info provided by you - didn't know that SX4 was that fast! Maybe someday when I land up in Mumbai, and you have the free time - we could test it out
Anytime dude,anytime. Just buzz me when you're here!!!

Btw could you share the contacts of the seat cover shop you used?
Will upload it soon. Sorry

Also a honest feedback - lose the blue(?) dotted floor mats - they look horrible - get better ones that complement your seat covers & interiors.
Point taken my friend !!!
Thank you for all your feedback
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 27th September 2011 at 11:09.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:19   #20
BHPian

I simply love the seat covers. They blend with the exterior very nicely.

New car parts already rusted. In your case it is not much of a concern. But just being picky, did you get a chance to check with Maruti Showroom regarding the rusting piece?
Also did you check the engine bay area, under the doors etc for rust?

Also do let us know what service interval is. My guess is, it should be same as the swift.

The old 5 spoke alloys looked nice IMO as well. They looked very similar to the Old corolla's alloys.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:23   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

A great review. Congrats on your new SX4. I myself recently bought a pre owned SX4 (petrol one) and am totally satisfied. I personally think that the number of new cars in this segment have created too much of a negative bias against the SX4. It still does a lot of things better than the new launches.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:18   #22
BHPian

Powertrain,

Congrats on the purchase of your brute, its good to see another DDIS SX4 addition to the Team Bhp family.

Its indeed a great car and will definitely bring a smile everytime you open her up on the highways.

Yes the car has no low fuel warning light , myself leanr it the hard way... was assuming that there would be a visual alarm but nothing happened and was stranded in the middle of a signal at Vikhroli , should have seen my face then !!!

As for the Ash tray please insist for one as its a common practise at the dealerships not to give one to the customer at least in my experience cause when I went to receive the car there was none , only when I made a ruckus did I get one saying that someone may have removed it from the Car , that too mine is a VDI.

Cheers and drive safe
Old 27th September 2011, 15:48   #23
BHPian

Great review of the SX4.
Love the road presence and grip of he SX4. Had a 07 VXi some untill some time back now have just finalized on a Pre-Owned 2010 Zxi.

You Should Collect your ashtray from the dealership. I am pretty sure it is standard even on the VDi. My friends SX4 did not have the cigar lighter and the ashtray at the time of delivery . But the same when brought to the notice of the Sales Executive, they apologised and installed the same immediately. I suppose these things comes separately and are fitted during PDI.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:10   #24
BHPian

Awesome review powertrain, You have helped me a lot and I have finally decided to go for a SX4 zdi for myself also. I have been looking at this car from the time it had been launched and always longed to have it and finally I am going to get it. I guess I will be following your thread more closely now since yours is the latest SX4 on team bhp so keep updating this thread with regards to service costs, and any issues (I hope you never ever have any problems with the car) you face and their solutions.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:48   #25
BHPian

Brilliant review man! I think I spotted two Sx4 threads recently in the test drive section. Good to know about the increasing ownership threads given that I own a Sx4 petrol version. I noticed in one of the pictures which showed the scruff plates. I think the petrol version has different (metallic sort of) finish. I do not know if its the picture quality but my Sx4 does have different scruff plates. I will try to post a picture of it.

Even I did not get an ash tray with Sx4. Although it is not required but still - The SE should atleast inform me. You are right that while using ACC one cannot see the exact temperature but from the dial you can get an approximation. I am hearing about the Plastic sheet lamination for the first time! Does it behave like the plastics of the seats! Dont you think that the plastics are sort of a nuisance? I mean do they make some sort of noise whenever someone goes into the back seat?

P.S - I really enjoyed reading your thread man! Where do you stay in Bombay?
Old 28th September 2011, 11:03   #26
BHPian

My answers in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
But just being picky, did you get a chance to check with Maruti Showroom regarding the rusting piece?
As it was not a matter of concern, I did not pursue the matter.
Also did you check the engine bay area, under the doors etc for rust?
No rusting anywhere else.
Also do let us know what service interval is. My guess is, it should be same as the swift.
Service Intervals -
1000 km or 1 month
5000 km or 6 months
10000 km or 1 year, whicever is earlier. I dont know the service intervals for Swift. Sorry!!

The old 5 spoke alloys looked nice IMO as well. They looked very similar to the Old corolla's alloys.
You said it !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
A great review. Congrats on your new SX4. I myself recently bought a pre owned SX4 (petrol one) and am totally satisfied. I personally think that the number of new cars in this segment have created too much of a negative bias against the SX4. It still does a lot of things better than the new launches.
Rajeev,You're one lucky man.I personally think you got a very good,clean looking car. If you would not have mentioned,it could have passed as a showroom fresh carї !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Powertrain,

Congrats on the purchase of your brute, its good to see another DDIS SX4 addition to the Team Bhp family.
Thanks a lot Buddy !!
Its indeed a great car and will definitely bring a smile everytime you open her up on the highways.

Yes the car has no low fuel warning light , myself leanr it the hard way... was assuming that there would be a visual alarm but nothing happened and was stranded in the middle of a signal at Vikhroli , should have seen my face then !!!
I certainly know what you mean!!!!
As for the Ash tray please insist for one as its a common practise at the dealerships not to give one to the customer at least in my experience cause when I went to receive the car there was none , only when I made a ruckus did I get one saying that someone may have removed it from the Car , that too mine is a VDI.
You are right. I guess it's time to wake up the showroom guys.
Peter, I must say, black looks too good on the SX4. And the alloys look awesome. Where did you get it from?

Cheers and drive safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Great review of the SX4.
Love the road presence and grip of he SX4. Had a 07 VXi some untill some time back now have just finalized on a Pre-Owned 2010 Zxi.

Congrats on your ZXi !! Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Awesome review powertrain, You have helped me a lot and I have finally decided to go for a SX4 zdi for myself also. I have been looking at this car from the time it had been launched and always longed to have it and finally I am going to get it. I guess I will be following your thread more closely now since yours is the latest SX4 on team bhp so keep updating this thread with regards to service costs, and any issues (I hope you never ever have any problems with the car) you face and their solutions.
WOOW !! Never thought my thread could inspire someone to buy this car. I am humbled, my friend. It's a decision you will not regret! Do post an ownership thread. Thanks for all your wishes !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Brilliant review man! I think I spotted two Sx4 threads recently in the test drive section. Good to know about the increasing ownership threads given that I own a Sx4 petrol version. I noticed in one of the pictures which showed the scruff plates. I think the petrol version has different (metallic sort of) finish. I do not know if its the picture quality but my Sx4 does have different scruff plates. I will try to post a picture of it.
Never checked the scruff plates of VXi/ZXi. I guess metal plates look better than palstic ones. Could you post a pic?
Even I did not get an ash tray with Sx4. Although it is not required but still - The SE should atleast inform me. You are right that while using ACC one cannot see the exact temperature but from the dial you can get an approximation. I am hearing about the Plastic sheet lamination for the first time! Does it behave like the plastics of the seats! Dont you think that the plastics are sort of a nuisance? I mean do they make some sort of noise whenever someone goes into the back seat?
I am going to shake up the dealership for the ashtray. I'm a non smoker, but I guess it makes for a great coin holder, what say ??!!! About the plastic sheets, no it does not create any noise. The seat plastic is of a thinner variety. This is quite thick. Since you live in Mumbai too, fell free to check it out sometime.

P.S - I really enjoyed reading your thread man! Where do you stay in Bombay?
Thanks man !!!! I reside in Mulund. What about you?
Thank you for all your wishes
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 28th September 2011 at 11:14.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Didn't see any mention of a reverse camera or parking sensors. I think they are the most sought after accessory for SX4.
My BIL got an SX4-D a few months ago. 160 on Expressway was a breeze as per him. However, that would not be a speed to drive this car on curves.
I have driven the car only for a couple of KM's and the A-pillar could be a problem for some people especially on turnings, etc.
Old 28th September 2011, 14:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your SX4-D. This car keeps tempting me (pampered by the Swift) when I look at its contenders, the Vento and Verna. Takes guts to let that carpet guy rip everything off of your brand new car like that! I wouldn't have the heart to do that, but that's just me! Waiting for updates mate.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:42   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the compliments mate !! I got the alloys from the Michelin Tyreplus Outlet at Vashi Navi Mumbai.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:13   #30
BHPian

1st Service Update

Completed 1000 clicks some time back. Could not update due to hectic schedule.
Sev.Station - Fortpoint Thane
Kms Completed - 1009 kms

Experience - Took an appointment a day prior for the next day. Got the 10.00 am slot.Reached there at 10.30 am. Was allotted a S.E withen 15 mins.

Issues Faced - Just 1. Not an issue per se, but an irritant nevertheless. The SX4 does not have a sheltered parking. So its open to elements. Invariably, it so happenes that by morning the windscreen has some bird droppings. When I start the windsheild washer, before the water comes out, the wiper stats working. There's about a second's delay between the washer & wiper.So what happenes is that, the wiper smudges the windscreen before it starts to clean. Strangely, this happens only the first or second time and not subsequently.
Spoke to my S.E about this,also showed the problem. He was of the opinion that its due to air trapped in the washer pipes & its common to all cars. But agreed to look into it.
Told him to replace the oil filter. He said it was an unnecessary expenditure & advised against it. I told him to go ahead & replace it. The following jobs were done
- Oil Change
- New Oil Filter
- Windshield Washer Motor Checked
My driver was at the service station all the time,supervising the work !!!!
The washer motor was checked. So issues found, so fitted it back.
Got a call at 5.00 pm to pick up the car. Got delivery at 7.00 pm. Overall quite a good experience. Will rate it 8/10. Knocked 1 point because of late delivery. Gave 1 point cause they did not charge labor for Oil Filter change!!!

Post Service Experience - The engine gas got a bit smoother. Pick up is better. Feels good to drive. The washer motor problem is gone for good ,I guess.
Attaching a copy of the final bill -
My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms-sx-4-service-1.jpg

Last edited by powertrain : 4th October 2011 at 11:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks