Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 11:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms

Did you ask them to change the engine oil or is it a normal practice with Maruti ? BTW what is the service interval for SX4 D?
Old 4th October 2011, 18:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Did you ask them to change the engine oil or is it a normal practice with Maruti ? BTW what is the service interval for SX4 D?
It is a normal practice to change the engine oil at the 1st service. What I asked them to change is the Oil filter.The service for SX4 D is as follows -
- 1000 kms or 1 month
- 5000 kms or 6 months
- 10000 kms or 1 year whichever is earlier

Thanks
Varun
Old 5th October 2011, 10:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
It is a normal practice to change the engine oil at the 1st service. What I asked them to change is the Oil filter.The service for SX4 D is as follows -
- 1000 kms or 1 month
- 5000 kms or 6 months
- 10000 kms or 1 year whichever is earlier

Thanks
Varun
1000 km is pretty very low on KMs for a first oil change. Well, really depends on the manufacturer. Maruti recommends a semi/full synthetic oil or its you who went for synthetic?
Old 12th October 2011, 16:36   #34
BHPian

A marathon review! Really very useful for persons like me looking for a sedan. Thanks Powertrain.

The interior leather work done is awesome! I don't think even the ZDI+ gives this NEAT LOOK, which costs 40K more than the ZDI.

How about the stereo quality? Did not find it too good in comparison with the new Swift. I found the bass level is better than that of SX4. Whereas, it is said that the systems installed in both the cars are of the same make and standard.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:56   #35
BHPian

Nice review here Powertrain! Congrats on your purchase

The oil is 5WD40...synthetic. Could you find out which brand was used please? My Swift VDi is due for 10,000 km service and I want the oil to be synthetic...hence asking.
Old 13th October 2011, 14:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
1000 km is pretty very low on KMs for a first oil change. Well, really depends on the manufacturer. Maruti recommends a semi/full synthetic oil or its you who went for synthetic?
Yes i think he opted for synthetic oil, thats why the bill came around 3k, otherwise its only 1k for the 1st service .
And yes maruti recomemds engine oil change in the 1st service .Not sure if they advise switch to synthetic that soon .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post

The oil is 5WD40...synthetic. Could you find out which brand was used please? My Swift VDi is due for 10,000 km service and I want the oil to be synthetic...hence asking.
Yes its a synthetic. I guess MASS usually put Servo , i might be wrong also .
You can cross check with your SA when you go for the service.
Old 13th October 2011, 20:55   #37
BHPian

Being an SX4 lover, it would be unjustified on my part not to congratulate you for being a proud owner of the "MAN AMONGST CARS".
An excellent review. Nice choice of seat covers you have made. i especially liked the plastic sheet lamination part. had never heard about it.
I am a proud owner of a black SX4 petrol 2008 ZXi. There are bowlers like richard hadlee and batsmen like Don Bradman...But there are only few all rounders like Sachin. SX4 is Sachin of cars. This is the best car that maruti has produced till date and probably will so in the near future. someone who hasnt owned SX4 may not understand what i am talking about. Yes!! it has its problems, but then car magazines have been known to criticise even a Merc for rear seat space and what not.
Anyways, My cars going to complete 30 thousand kilometers very soon and there would definitely be a 30k ownership review. Enjoy the ride , my friend.
Old 15th October 2011, 11:11   #38
BHPian

My answers in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
A marathon review! Really very useful for persons like me looking for a sedan. Thanks Powertrain.
Glad top help buddy !!!
The interior leather work done is awesome! I don't think even the ZDI+ gives this NEAT LOOK, which costs 40K more than the ZDI.
You said it !! I'm very happy the way the seat covers have turned out !!!!
How about the stereo quality? Did not find it too good in comparison with the new Swift. I found the bass level is better than that of SX4. Whereas, it is said that the systems installed in both the cars are of the same make and standard.
Buddy, I'm not much of an audiophile. Also, I have'nt checked out the audio system of the new Swift. So I'm not the right person to comment on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post

Mobil 1 Synthetic was used
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Yes i think he opted for synthetic oil, thats why the bill came around 3k, otherwise its only 1k for the 1st service .
And yes maruti recomemds engine oil change in the 1st service .Not sure if they advise switch to synthetic that soon .
You got that right dude. I insisted on synthetic oil - Mobil 1 !!
Yes its a synthetic. I guess MASS usually put Servo , i might be wrong also .
You can cross check with your SA when you go for the service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Being an SX4 lover, it would be unjustified on my part not to congratulate you for being a proud owner of the "MAN AMONGST CARS".
An excellent review. Nice choice of seat covers you have made. i especially liked the plastic sheet lamination part. had never heard about it.
Thanks ,Brother!!!
I am a proud owner of a black SX4 petrol 2008 ZXi. There are bowlers like richard hadlee and batsmen like Don Bradman...But there are only few all rounders like Sachin. SX4 is Sachin of cars. This is the best car that maruti has produced till date and probably will so in the near future. someone who hasnt owned SX4 may not understand what i am talking about. Yes!! it has its problems, but then car magazines have been known to criticise even a Merc for rear seat space and what not.
Very well said. This car is indeed an allrounder.
Anyways, My cars going to complete 30 thousand kilometers very soon and there would definitely be a 30k ownership review. Enjoy the ride , my friend.
Congrats on completing 30k clicks, waiting for your report.
Thanks & Regards
Varun
Old 15th October 2011, 23:33   #39
lsp
BHPian

Hi powertrain
Hope you are enoying the Beige brute!!

Did you get a chance to find out more about how to deal with any possible water seepage in the plastic sheet??
Old 16th October 2011, 01:31   #40
BHPian

Congratulation Powertrain for owing Macho man's car.
& Thanks for Excellent details sharing, which'll come out to be a much helpful for new car seekers, like me.
SX4 is really a best Maruti Suzuki till to date in India & Diesel one is even better with its 90PS high torque engine, which inturn drives a way better than its 1.6 Petrol counterpart.

Do update us regularly on its Reliability & Fuel efficiency from time to time.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:24   #41
BHPian

Great man...Those seats look awsome. I have an SX4 Petrol myself and was looking for good quality (and within budget) seat covers. Where did you get that done in Mumbai.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Great man...Those seats look awsome. I have an SX4 Petrol myself and was looking for good quality (and within budget) seat covers. Where did you get that done in Mumbai.
Glad you liked them!!! I found them very VFM too. Here's the address -
THAMBI SEAT UPHOLSTERY
F-3, MULUND MITRADHAM,NEAR JAIN TEMPLE,SARVODAYA NAGAR, J.N ROAD,MULUND WEST
CONTACT PERSON - P.JEBAMANI
CELL NO. - 9323048468
Although, I must say, he does not have too many designs on offer.Dont blame me if you dont like what you see!!! But I'm very satisfied with his work. Also where in Mumbai do you reside?

Hope this helps
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - 5000 kms Update

My SX4 D had it's 2nd service done on 15/11/2011.

Service Station - Fortpoint, Thane

Kms Completed - 5150 Kms.

Problems reported - Just one. Since past few days, the horn is acting up. The SX4 comes with twin horns. But in my car, only 1 seems to be working. And in a city like Mumbai, a horn is as important as brakes. Conveyed the same to my S.A.

Diagnosis - My S.A tells me that the horn's OK, but the connectors seems to have gone loose. Screw tightned, Problem Solved !!!!

Experience - Very Good. Had some small scratches on the bumpers & left fenders. He did a full polish of the exterior at no extra cost !!!!!
He wanted me to do a "Silencer Coating". Basically,an Anti Rust coat on the Silencer, to prevent it from rusting. Did not opt for it, at the end of the day, cause the dealer was not giving any warranty over it. In hindsight, Should I get in done in the next service? Please advice. Overall, I'm impressed A - 10/10 !!!!

Mileage - Consistently delivers about 13kmpl with 100% AC in city. Highway figures are around 18.5kmpl with 100% AC.

Mods - Kindly add to the Title - 5000 Kms Update.

Thanks & Regards
Varun
Old 8th January 2012, 22:15   #44
BHPian

Hi Varun,

Have you taken your SX4 ZDi on steel slopes? Came across this video of a Manza which has the same 1.3 MJD engine which seems to show that the engine could not pull the car up on steep gradient (though not really 45 degree gradient as the guy claims).

Is the SX4 better behaving in such situation? Or is it true that one has to use half clutch and high revving of engine to take it up steep slopes?

SX4-Diesel is still on my list, may be this year I will go for it, but I want to know from existing owners about this issue, as this is not covered in any test drives. I had done a brief test drive but had not taken it on steep slopes.

- Mohan
Old 9th January 2012, 00:41   #45
BHPian

Hi mohan
I've had no such issues with my ZDi.
A few months back, had taken the car where the roads were non existent and it was a hilly terrain.
I drove on quite a steep slope then.
(I've got a few pics of my car uploaded in my gallery, which were taken at the hilly spot)

One just has to keep the engine in the correct rpm band, so that the right amount of torque is delivered at the front wheels.
Remember this is a diesel engine, coupled with a tourbo..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks