Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 13:33   #61
BHPian

re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post

I love my SX4 and congratulate all the owners on a wise decision. If you look at the statistics across forums, more than 90% of SX4 owners ,across all the variants, are very happy with their choice. I don't hesitate to recommend this car.

Give it a try if you need a sedan.
Very well said that Gavin

My SX4 ZDi is 1.5 yrs old and already nearing the 30K km mark.

Due to its high GC, I've taken this car at places where Jeeps ply.

Zero problems! Great Mileage! A very peppy car to drive too! Low on maintenance, compared to its European competition.
Highly recommended!
Old 30th August 2012, 16:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
A fantastic review of your SX4 ZDi. I too plan to upgrade from a Santro to a diesel sedan. While I was not initially considering the SX4, I am now thinking about it for the following reasons :-

1) High seating - I find the Santro seating quite comfortable and want something similar
2) GC - Bangalore has killer speed bumps and a number of cars scrape their bottoms on them
3) Basic sedan features - Airbags, alloys, ABS, 90bhp, boot space are all available

I like driving on the highways and if the road is capable of it (like the GQ roads between B'lore and H'bad) I like to take the car to 140kph. The Santro allows me to do this (very noisy though), but the FE gets affected badly. I wanted to check with you if you have driven at such speeds for extended periods of time and what kind of mileage you have got from your SX4 with such drives?

Also, is the AC truly auto? For example, if I set the temperature at 24, will it adjust the blower and cooling automatically?

Any regrets, especially when comparing it to the Vento/Rapid?
Hello Anoop, really sorry for the late reply.Was neck deep in work I too have a Santro & believe me the SX4 is a perfect upgrade from a Santro!!
My BIL drives a Linea 2010 & he curses the car due to its low GC. Just crossed 15,000 kms & it's been a great ride!!

I do Mum-Pune E-way, at least once a month. I maintain an avg. speed of 120km/hr. And it's as solid as a rock at that speeds. The ride is supple enough. Although, handling could have been a little more tight. But I guess,that's the trade off for high GC! Overall I'm a happy man.
Mileage-
City - Around 13.5 kmpl
Highway - 21 kmpl (Speed - 70 to 90 km/hr)
Highway - 17/18 kmpl (Speed - 110 to 130 km/hr)
The ACC in the SX4 is one of the best bits of the car. The only problem I've come across is that, there is no screen to display the temp that you have set. The old Dzire had this feature. Strange!!

Regrets - Absolutely none!! My experience tells me that if you want Reliability, go to the Japanese!
Regards,
Varun Nair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi Powertrain!

Hope you are enjoying your car. Have you got the reply to the above query posted by aaggoswami? I think by this time you must have experienced the highway capabilities of your machine.
Hello Pradhan,
Please find my views in the above post.
Regards
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Very well said that Gavin

My SX4 ZDi is 1.5 yrs old and already nearing the 30K km mark.

Due to its high GC, I've taken this car at places where Jeeps ply.

Zero problems! Great Mileage! A very peppy car to drive too! Low on maintenance, compared to its European competition.
Highly recommended!
You said it ,buddy !! You can use the SX4 pretty much like a Jeep. A Jeep with Japanese reliablity!!
And I did not see your ownership report on T-bhp. Time for a long term review,what say?!
Regards,
Varun
Old 31st August 2012, 09:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I too have a Santro & believe me the SX4 is a perfect upgrade from a Santro!!
You signature says that you have an etios diesel also. How does the suspension of sx4 compare with etios in city speeds particularly in back seats?
Old 31st August 2012, 11:05   #64
BHPian

Apolgies to all for stealing the thread for not so relevent querry. However this is one of the very few active SX4 threads henceposting it here. Mods may pls remove / relocate to appropriate thread if required.

I am owning SX4 ZXi for over 5 months now. She was bought pre owned. The first owner did not buy extended warranty then. Recently I enquired with local sai service and they quoted upward of 10k for 2 years extended warranty. I later realised that it was Sai Service warranty which is way too expensive. I contacted Maruti which sent a tyecast mail to contact the dealer.

Now my question is if anyone has bought this extended warranty? If yes how much did you pay for? Also what would be pros and cons of buying extended warranty from a dealer in another city where due to multiple dealers there are cheaper choices.

Rgds.
Old 31st August 2012, 12:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
You signature says that you have an etios diesel also. How does the suspension of sx4 compare with etios in city speeds particularly in back seats?
Hello sups,saw your pm just now,apologies for replying late.
I believe that a suspension has 3 major functions. I will compare the Etios & SX4 suspensions in these functions.

Ride - Definitely SX4. The SX4 has a softer suspension than that on Etios. It's not to say that the Etios has a bone jarring suspension. It's just that the SX4 is a little better on it.

Handling - Definitely Etios. Due to slightly stiffer suspension & comparatively lower CG, the Etios handles a little better than the SX4. The Etios also corners better than the Sx4 & is much more eager during lane changing.

GC - SX4,SX4 & SX4!!! With the SX4 ,you can forget about your car hitting it's underbelly. I've personally driven the car with 5 passengers & boot full of luggage over non existent roads & failed to hit the underside. If you travel a lot on bad roads, the SX4 is as close you can come to an SUV in a sedan avatar.

Hope this helps,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Now my question is if anyone has bought this extended warranty? If yes how much did you pay for? Also what would be pros and cons of buying extended warranty from a dealer in another city where due to multiple dealers there are cheaper choices.

Rgds.
Hello sindabad.sailor,
I brought the Ext.Warranty on the same day that I brought my car. I guess I paid around 8K's for 3rd & 4th year warranty. I will check & get back on it.
I the meantime,check out this link. It might help you:-http://www.marutisuzuki.com/extended-warranty.aspx

Hope this helps,
Varun Nair

Last edited by powertrain : 31st August 2012 at 12:29.
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 13:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I brought the Ext.Warranty on the same day that I brought my car. I guess I paid around 8K's for 3rd & 4th year warranty. I will check & get back on it.
I the meantime,check out this link. It might help you:-http://www.marutisuzuki.com/extended-warranty.aspx
Many thanks powertrain. Checked the mentioned link. I don't think I will buy extended waranty for a car from maker known for reliability for 12k additional. I would rather take safe chance as my running is quite low. Only 3k in last 5 months and only 500km in last 2 months.
Anyways apologies for breaking in your thread.

Coming back to the thread, yes it is an awesome car. Had a chance to travel in Verito recently. The difference in head room is stark. However the suspension tuning makes low speed ride on rough patches unpleasant. On the same patches at higher speeds ride quality is quite composed. The best thing about this car is the tyres which give her imposing stand. Since my car had only 10800 on ODO at the time of purchase, it wasn't wise to change the stock tyres. Instead I would change to yokos after couple of years.

Have fitted a few accessories. Only 1 accessory is causing me some problem. I had aftermarket illuminated door sills fitted. They are supposed to glow after doors are opened. However, on the contrary, they are glowing after doors are closed. Currently have disconnected from the battery. Would be glad for pointers from someone who has done it in the past.
Old 31st August 2012, 13:20   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I believe that a suspension has 3 major functions. I will compare the Etios & SX4 suspensions in these functions.

Ride - Definitely SX4. The SX4 has a softer suspension than that on Etios. It's not to say that the Etios has a bone jarring suspension. It's just that the SX4 is a little better on it.
Thanks a lot Varun. I was mainly interested to know about the ride part. I will be upgrading from Hyundai Getz to either SX4 ZDI/Etios VD/Sunny XL in this October. The car will be mainly used by my wife and son at the back seat inside City. Since my wife is not tall, back space provided by SX4 is enough, though etios/sunny has more space. However, ride is the most important criteria for me. I would prefer a carper ride to the extent possible for them.

Need to start extensive TD.
Old 8th September 2012, 15:44   #68
BHPian

Re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi : Update - 1 Year & 16500Kms

One year to this day, that the SX4 came into my life!! And never in 1 year have I regretted my decision.
Some Stats –
Kms covered – 16500 kms
Squeaks & Rattles – None
Unscheduled visits to A.S.S – Twice.
Scratches - Quite a few. It's a Mumbai car, what do you expect

First– http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ter-issue.html

Second - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2667376

Service Costs -
1st Service @ 1000 kms - 3113.00
2nd Service @ 5000 kms- 0.00
3rd Service @ 10,000 kms- 4941.00
4th Service @ 16400 kms - 4136.00

Wheel Alignment & Balancing @ 16500 kms - 750.00

The Avg.cost per km comes to Rs.0.75/- per km.

Fuel Costs -
The total amount spent on fuel is 43,494/-.
Avg. price of Diesel - 46.00(Source - http://www.mypetrolprice.com/3/Diese...1&LocationId=3)

Total Diesel Consumed - 946 Ltrs (Approx.)

Avg. kmpl - 17.44 kmpl (Approx.)

Avg Cost per km - Rs.2.63 (Approx.)

Total Cost per Km(Service + Fuel) - Rs 3.50 (Round off)

What I like -
+ GC - A Jeep in a Sedan's clothes!!!
+ High Seating - My Dad's got a weak back. So this is the best car for him.
+ Brakes - Simply put, AWESOME. Literally stops on a dime!!
+ Ride - Rides very well. Big wheels play their part very well.
+ Engine - A real gem of an heart. Fast & economical

What I dislike -

- Space - For a car as large as the SX4, the interior space is at a premium
- Handling - The side effect of having a high GC. Not as planted as my Etios.
- Lack of features - The cheaper Dzire has more features like MID,which this car lacks.

Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

Hope this helps,
Varun.

Last edited by powertrain : 8th September 2012 at 15:47.
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 21:59   #69
BHPian

Re: My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms

@powertrain, a very nice review indeed,
I am looking out for a petrol variant, mostly ZXI but your review does complete justice to any person interested in a SX4,
just to add one point based on my experience after visiting the showroom, the car is quite roomy and thanks to beige color feels well lit during day time, and one point (whichyou might have noticed more as you own the car) is the width of the seats, they are nice and comfortable and shoulder room is still better than a verna and fiesta, indeed they could have planned more in detail to utilize the huge dimensions of the car but they still did a good job
For a change, i like the 10 spoke design more than the older one, just my point of view though and in fact the best could be the 16 " alloys from fiat linea which will go in very well with these big tyres
I have one question though, how about the blind spots and handling of the car in tight traffic, because i plan to use my car more in city
Old 30th December 2012, 18:22   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
I have one question though, how about the blind spots and handling of the car in tight traffic, because i plan to use my car more in city
I own a petrol zxi. The blind spot is an issue but is something that you get used to. Because it is a big heavy car the steering feels heavy at low speeds and requires more effort as compared to other cars. Again something that needs getting getting used to. Drivability in the city is not an issue unless you need to go into very narrow roads. For the petrol mileage is an issue as you cannot expect more than 10 in city.
Apart from these minor things I am very happy with it.
Note: my sx4 is a preowned car. If you are ok with preowned you should be able to get a good car at a great rate if you are keen on getting the sx4. As a new purchase not sure if it makes sense to buy since it is already dated and is low on sales.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 18:25   #71
BHPian

Hey man i am myself planning to buy a Sx4 ZDI, but i am confused whether to buy ZDI leather or the normal ZDI.
What do you suggest i should go for because there is a difference of around Rs.40,000. Is the leather actually worth the extra price, since leather covers don't cost more than Rs.7000 from MGA in my opinion.
Old 9th March 2013, 20:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey man i am myself planning to buy a Sx4 ZDI, but i am confused whether to buy ZDI leather or the normal ZDI.
What do you suggest i should go for because there is a difference of around Rs.40,000. Is the leather actually worth the extra price, since leather covers don't cost more than Rs.7000 from MGA in my opinion.
Hi Buddy,

Sx4 Zdi is perfect package, i would suggest don't opt for Leather option. Its not worth. When i bought my ZDI, i did evaluate going for leather option, but its simply not worth it.

In next couple of weeks new version of SX4 will be coming out, i would suggest wait for that. It has also In Dash NAV device. But yes, no discounts will be offered on the new one, where as the previous one has loads of discount.

Trust me Sx4, has true gem of a vehicle. Simple, practical, no nonsense car

Amit
Old 9th March 2013, 20:38   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi Buddy,

Sx4 Zdi is perfect package, i would suggest don't opt for Leather option. Its not worth. When i bought my ZDI, i did evaluate going for leather option, but its simply not worth it.

In next couple of weeks new version of SX4 will be coming out, i would suggest wait for that. It has also In Dash NAV device. But yes, no discounts will be offered on the new one, where as the previous one has loads of discount.

Trust me Sx4, has true gem of a vehicle. Simple, practical, no nonsense car

Amit
That is true the sx4 is a true vehicle and doesn't hide anything. As for the new model, on asking kiran motors in Ahmedabad they said the new sx4 will not be coming very soon.

It might not come till May and further I am getting the Zdi at a good price from them, because I had purchased my Dzire from them too.

They are quoting a price of Rs.10 lakhs, which is quite good. This is also a reason why I gave up the idea of buying an amaze. It is a pure VFM at that price. What do you suggest?
Old 9th March 2013, 21:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
That is true the sx4 is a true vehicle and doesn't hide anything. As for the new model, on asking kiran motors in Ahmedabad they said the new sx4 will not be coming very soon.

It might not come till May and further I am getting the Zdi at a good price from them, because I had purchased my Dzire from them too.

They are quoting a price of Rs.10 lakhs, which is quite good. This is also a reason why I gave up the idea of buying an amaze. It is a pure VFM at that price. What do you suggest?
Buddy,

Take my word, launch is very soon. My company is vendor for one of the components.

I think 10.0 lacs is still high, what kinda of discounts they are offering?

To best of my knowledge, discounts are even going upto +1 Lac on Sx4 Zdi, plus also dealer needs to clear the old stock. So bargain for more.

Amit
Old 9th March 2013, 21:55   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Buddy,

Take my word, launch is very soon. My company is vendor for one of the components.

I think 10.0 lacs is still high, what kinda of discounts they are offering?

To best of my knowledge, discounts are even going upto +1 Lac on Sx4 Zdi, plus also dealer needs to clear the old stock. So bargain for more.

Amit
Wow are you sure that it is 1 lakh discount. I will surely talk to my sales executive about this.
And do you have any idea about the difference in the current and new model.

I mean If the dashboard is not changing the facelift doesn't matter to me. Since I like the current look.

They are giving me loyalty bonus of Rs. 33000.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks