Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 23:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Fluidic Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Infact the sales figure dropped for the august month; most probably because people took TDs and went away due to the obvious reasons.

Both Ford and Hyundai disappointed me with their game changer models i.e. the Fiesta and Verna.

Fluidic is definitely missing on handling front and Fiesta is over priced (at least for now).
The recipe for a perfect diesel sedan:
Engine: Verna's 1.6 CRDi mill
Body Shell: Linea
Steering, Features, Driving Dynamics: Fiesta/Linea
Interiors: Vento
Pricing: SX4
Utopian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 23:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
The recipe for a perfect diesel sedan:
Engine: Verna's 1.6 CRDi mill
Body Shell: Linea
Steering, Features, Driving Dynamics: Fiesta/Linea
Interiors: Vento
Pricing: SX4
One more to this list - Company badge : HONDA.

Anyhow I think TS should have complained to higher Hyundai authorities so that they could take a note of complaints and rectify them soon.

Also may be the car was a defective piece by chance?

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th September 2011 at 00:01.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 00:09   #18
BHPian

Hey, thanks for the information.

1) First issue: You picked up a car without a Test drive. very bad buddy, this is not T-BHP culture atleast, always drive the car first only then go for it.

2) Good that you like the chevy optra, but bear in mind this car is due a replacement soon.
Chevy Cruze is a much better option for you in my honest opinion, also TD the renault Fluence once.
Since your a Ford fan i would say stick to the new fiesta, it might be a lakh expensive, but end of the day you will be happy for 3-5 years.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2011, 00:21   #19
Team-BHP Support

Very honest & unbiased impressions, thanks for sharing Good handling Cars spoil you & you tend to over-look acceleration & top-end for a Car's dynamic ability.

Did you test-drive a Cruz? How is the handling when compared with the Magnum?

Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 00:24   #20
BHPian

I am not surprised at your decision of dumping the car in a month. I am not even surprised at you buying the car without TDing it. The Fluidic Verna has drawn some polarizing reactions, but none as extreme as this, to the effect where the car is sold off with 1000 clicks on the odo.

For tall people, especially three of them on the rear seat, it isn't the best place to be. As far as steering response is concerned, you have come from the ultra-involving ford territory! This light steering is for people who like effortless driving, where they would rather be transported from point A to B without fuss, rather than enjoy the drive itself. It is a boon in the city, but a deadpan on the highways.

Ground clearance has raised quite a brows, but suspension is not as suspect as people bring it out to be. I talk out of experience - of 17,500+ kms on the fluidic. On terrains as smooth as billiards table, and on roads with potholes straight off the moon's surface. It is lived it through all, and survived to tell the tale. No rattles, no iffy handling. It isn't very confidence inspiring at 120+, but then the tail does go off and nor does it 'float'.

Cruze and Fluence are very good options for you, if I may have the liberty to suggest some! New Fiesta has a very dose of trade-off, just for great dynamics. And the trade-off reflects in the slightly underpowered engine, dubious rear interiors and boxy/heavy boot styling. Of course, it is over-priced.

To conclude, to each, his own. I hope you find your true love, and I wish you many a miles of happy motoring.
mathranik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 04:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

lol!!.. Two grave mistakes.
  1. Never buy a car without an elaborate TD.
  2. Never expect more or same from a Korean, after 6 years of owning a brand which handles only 2nd to the Beemers.
That said, the Optra keeps its line better than the Verna in a straight stretch. Body roll is controlled, but no where near the Ford's.

What you will enjoy the most in the Optra:
  • Plush interors
  • Plush and awesome rear seats
  • Addictive turbo kick
What you wont:
  • Might not turn heads as the new Verna or Fiesta.
  • Handling not up to Fords.
Old 20th September 2011, 05:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Also may be the car was a defective piece by chance?
My guess would be that this was not a problem with the piece, its a general Verna thingy. When i drove the car the only way i can describe the handling is Twitchy and sure it does not inspire confidence in the driver about the cars intentions.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:11   #23
BHPian

The Optra is a Suzuki designed car... I share the same feelings about the Hyundai sedans. The Optra feels much better to drive or to sit in than the Accent or the Verna or even the Fiesta (not the latest one - didn't test it yet!) though the Fiesta 1.6 is a different beast to drive in!

Last edited by MotoKris : 20th September 2011 at 07:12.
Old 20th September 2011, 07:31   #24
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I have owned a Fluidic CRDi SX for the last three months and covered more than 3000 kms. This is one of the best cars I have ever owned and handling has not been a major issue. With soft suspension and tuned to city conditions there are bound to be some compromise on the handling at highways. Hence you need to be sensible when you drive on the highways. This is a family car and not a rally car though the engine is capable of high speeds. The maximum speed I have hit is 150 kmph but this is not very exciting because you are always scared that some animal or human will be crossing the road. Driving at very high speeds in India is still very risky. However have you seen how the car behaves on high speed braking?? It is spot on when breaking and you never loose control even for a second. If a car fish tales easily you will have severe problems whilst braking.

However I too have experienced the "twack" sound in the front when you hit a bad pot hole, it can be very disturbing as you feel that some thing might have fallen off

Some times you just may not feel good about a car however good it may be. For example I did not feel good with my i20 CRDi Asta though the car was good as a package. Hence I sold it and bought the Verna.

I am a very happy owner of the Verna and my extended family who have traveled in/driven the car appreciate the overall package.

The first Verna on Team BHP has run more than 17500 kms and has been trouble free.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...=Verna+Fluidic

Cheers

KPS
Old 20th September 2011, 07:50   #25
BHPian

Hi, I can imagine the pain when getting a new car and finding out its not quite you wanted. I appreciate the effort of putting your experience down - i'm sure it will be an eye-opener to a lot of folks on the TBHP forum. In fact, even I was planning for a Verna, but your post really opened my eyes. I was looking at bother the Verna and the Vento , but I had kind of decided on the Verna, as soon as it was released. Now, I guess, I will have to a little more research and seriously TD both cars again to make a final decision.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

That has to be one of the boldest decisions I have seen. Thanks for sharing the info on the Verna FLUIDIC.
The car has to inspire confidence at high speeds, if it doesn't all the power is of no use. I have not driven a Verna FLUIDIC, but I am trusting your feedback.

Optra diesel is the most underrated car in the market. The other day I and MonaroCV8 were discussing about OPTRA, and how it could have set the sales charts on fire had it been sold my maruti.

You have proven what BHPians are ! True car enthusiasts, where handling come first and creature comforts are secondary.

Awaiting more ownership review information on the OPTRA.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Respect your decision to get rid of the fluidic verna. however, i think that optra magnum may be worth a second look.

Magnum is a great car to chauffeured in, but not so great for driving pleasure. Since you have not taken delivery, perhaps you can look at alternatives.

Cruze would be a great option for you.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend trying the Honda City if driving pleasure is what you are looking for. Cruze might be a bit out of your budget, but Optra is a pretty neat car too.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:33   #29
BHPian

It's so good to see someone considering SAFETY and HANDLING as most important than anything else.

In a 'kitna dehti hai' country, you have got yourself a better handling car, even if it meant a loss of money. Kudos!!
Old 20th September 2011, 09:46   #30
BHPian

Verna is a great package but booking it without a TD is a mistake. Good decision in the end to go for Optra IMO. If you can stretch your budget, then Fluence and New Jetta can be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I would recommend trying the Honda City if driving pleasure is what you are looking for. Cruze might be a bit out of your budget, but Optra is a pretty neat car too.
I don't think Honda City can be termed as Driver's car. Its a good package but not a driver's car IMO. A TD of ANHC earlier this year left me utterly disappointed. The drive is not confidence inspiring especially at higher speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks