Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 02:32   #16
BHPian

re: Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN

So the above letter explains the story of why a Fiat Fan turned again towards Hyundai for the second time however this time stick to diesel for higher torques which always liked in the Palio.
Sharing few teaser pics , lots more pics coming ahead with detailed sales experience and personal review for the car.

Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111002-17.37.09.jpg

Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111002-17.37.24.jpg
Old 7th November 2011, 00:46   #17
BHPian

Here are some new pics of the baby
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111104-13.31.28.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111104-13.47.48.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111104-13.35.12.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111104-14.00.14.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111104-14.01.27.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-dsc01653.jpg
Old 7th November 2011, 22:23   #18
BHPian

Sorry people , I do not have a digital camera and all these pics are taken from my Cellphone. I will buy one very soon , till then please bear with the Picture quality.
Old 7th November 2011, 23:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Surprise tilt in the story but still confused over the title of the thread.
Anyway congrats on your new car.

Drive Safe.
Old 8th November 2011, 02:58   #20
BHPian

HI MODS,
Please change the name of the Thread to " Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN".
Old 8th November 2011, 04:41   #21
BHPian

Hi Friends ,
Few more pics clicked tonight:
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-11.png
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111108-03.51.33.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111108-03.51.52.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111108-03.52.13.jpg
Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN-20111108-03.52.40.jpg
Old 8th November 2011, 11:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto on the way home

Opened this thread hoping to read another happy story from a Fiat owner like myself. It is unfortunate that the Fiat sales people were not as good as they are elsewhere. I have gone to different Tata Fiat showrooms in Bangalore and Cochin and I was quite surprised by how good they are. Their reputation of being unfriendly and useless was far from true based on my experience. Wishing you many happy miles in the i20
Old 8th November 2011, 22:39   #23
BHPian

First the sale:
As you people would have guessed by now what happened to the Fiat Grande Punto, I would have bought it, but destiny had other plans for me . The PUNTO that was to be delivered to me, had rust on more than few places. It was decided then that I would be buying the 2nd Best Looking Hatch, that was without any doubt: HYUNDAI I20.(Now that is THE BEST LOOKING HATCH AS PER ME).
Sales Experience: The Punto I booked was to be delivered on 2nd of October which was cancelled now due to the neglifence of FIAT INDIA. On 1st Ocotber 11am I did the PDI of Punto and once it was rejected , I took the money in form of a DD . On very same day at 4pm I was in Goyal Hyundai Jalandhar , New construction going on for expanding the showroom however the work was on full flow. Me and my dad entered the showroom and we were greeted by the Sales people and welcomed with water and Tea. The sales person came to us and started telling us about different cars , finance options and features of different cars. We straight forward told him that we are interested in only and only I20 CRDI. He offered a test drive and I told him that we would like to get down to bussiness and book the car and would like to hear the pricing details. I always had I20 Era in my mind, so I ask him about that and he said that he would make us speak to ASM and He called a gentleman Rajpreet Singh who was the ASM in Goyal Hyundai. Rajpreet came and explained us the details of the car , I told him that I would book the car today itself and need the delievery ASAP. He asked which version , I told him ERA , he told me that no body buys ERA hence its only available on Order. I was disappointed because I wanted to take the delievery on 2nd october which also happens to be a Sunday. Seeing my disappointed face Rajpreet understood and told me that ERA will take atleast 10 to 15 days to get here however He has an I20 Magna ready to be delievered if we upgrade to Magna. I asked him which color , He answered SILVER , SILVER is what I always wanted. There we go deal was made then and there, we saw the car on the same day , did the PDI and everything was awesome. I paid 5K booking and went away back to home with my dad. Another dileama while going back to home. Tomorrow is Sunday , how the hell would we get the draft from SBI on SUNDAY .
GOOD NEWS waiting for us when we reach home , Mom tells me that the SBI manager came in and informed that they woudl be working on Sunday 2nd october as there was no work done on Saturday due to some server issues. Whooooaaaa, glad to hear that. Slept good however anxiety woke me up at 3 am , dad was also awake , not due to anxiety he is a god type man , was buisy in worshiping. 9am In the mornign we reach bank , within an hour Draft is ready , 11:30 we call Rajpreet and ask him to get the car ready and we would be there by 2pm. He is shocked too, 2:30 PM we reach Goyal Hyundai , offered Tea and snacks, My Silver I20 Magna is being cleaned , I asked Rajpreet to add door scuffs to the ingress, DONE, added a Body colver geniune Hyundai for 1000K, Since the car came with Central locking hence did not go for any other security at this time.
After some more time usual deleivery ceremony and Tips to workers and Off I go in my new car.
Old 8th November 2011, 23:49   #24
BHPian

Now the Ownership:
Interiors First:
Dashboard: Good looking brown color dashboard which complements the blue lights at night. Beige and brown is a good combination and does wonders to the eyes.
Steering: Good material used on the steering however would have preffered a Leather wrap as it comes in the sportz version. Hyundai are you listening..? Anyonce knows a place to get that done please help.
Stereo: I have not hear any other OEM stereo sounding better than this (Not comparting it with sedans, Cruze OEM ICE is amazing though) , Great sound quality however could have done better with little more HIGHS. Buttons are good and built to last , the Blue lights look amaizing in the night.
Multi Information Display: Its Cool, it can display the Folder name, Name of the Song, Aritst Name, Tripmeter , Timemeter, External Temprature, internal temprature.
Climate Control: Just set the desired Temprature and forget touching the Fan speed knob, Everything is done by the ECU to manage the desired Temprature.
No 60:40 Rear Seats: It doesnt have split Seats , wouldnt have costed much to add though.
Rain Sensor: There is a Rain sensor to automaticaly enable to wipers. Thats a surprise.
4 way Steering Adjustments : You can adjust the steering wheel as per your preference , push it in , pop it out, Slid Up and slid down.
Seats : Seats are good , the fabric from factory is built to last however Seat covers however Good Quality seat covers and recommended.
Dead Pedal : Available.
Theater Affect lights: Sexy touch adding Theater dim lights, however less lighting , they could have provided another light in the Rear.
Controls : Controls on the steering are premium quality and you feel like using them more and more, AC and Switches are a class apart, may be due to CLimate Control.Power window switches are placed on the exact location where they belong , good quality material used there too.
Glove Box : Glove box is deep and practicaly layed out, yes its good cooling too, can store chocolates and pepsi bottle easily however your papers may get moist due to that.
AUX and USB available: Amazingly quick read time from 16 GB USB, 2 Secs to be Precise.
Old 9th November 2011, 01:29   #25
BHPian

The Car Itself:
Fell in love with the car when drove it From the Showroom to My Home For the Very First Time. Amazing vehicle, the car is a rocket.
Few observations since I owned it, its been little more than a month now.
The car drives superbly and can overtake all the vehicles driving ahead of you Including SWIFT Diesels ( Had a hard time overtaking them with my Accent Petrol). Overtaking long trucks is a piece of cake with this one. Once you cross the 2000 RPM the turbo kicks in and the fun starts then. The maximum speed I have been able to achive so far is 180 KM/H, that too without putting much efforts. The car cruises at 140 KM/H with ease and you sitting inside the cabin feel that its doing 110 KM/H. Thats GREAT.
The build quality is so not like Hyundai , it feels like a German car from Inside and Out. The doors close with a THUD as they used to in my Loved and Hated Palio. The three stage closing of the front doors reminds me of the Ford Ikon. Seems like Hyundai is making cars which are built to last. Paint quality is good better than other Hyundai cars I have come across.
The inside cabin noise from the engine is Low , lower than most of other diesel cars, Its not as quite as Swift diesel though. Vibrations on the other side are lower then all other cars.
A lot has been said about the suspension of I20, Yes its soft but thats what does the trick on Indian roads , i just love how it eats big and bigger potholes. I think this car will do wonders in Ladakh like trail.
A lot has also been said about the steering and steering issues however I just love the way it is. Not as Precise as My palio or Accent however its not that bad, Its soft and easy to drive, never gets too hard or too soft. I sometimes wish , they should have taken the steering from Accent.
The car overall is a great package and is a drivers car. I have not been able to get good mileage though , probably things will improve after the first service.
As of now I am getting arround 11 or 12 KMPL. Many add ons pending , next month I would be going to delhi, so Seat covers , steering cover, Stereo additions will be done then. Till then , will try and click more pics to post here.
Old 10th November 2011, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Congrats garry for this fantastic car. you will love every bit of driving this car!!!
11-12 kmpl is a bit on a lower side i feel. Make sure you run in the car properly for the first few thousand kms.
You have got rain sensors? Thats cool!! Is it an addition in the latest versions?
Do keep us updated on the performance of your car. Drive Safe!
Old 14th November 2011, 11:22   #27
BHPian

After 42 days and 1600 KMs got the first service done this sunday.
Service was done Joshi Hyundai Chandigarh. Here is the experience:
Called them at 8:30 in the morning , they told me that since the Care camp is going on there would be a lot of rush today, I asked them what if I come right now, they said how far do you live, 3 Kms I told them , They asked me to hurry up as they would start recieving service orders at 9.
Reached there in 10 mins , was 2nd in the queue, they took exactly 2 hours for the first service , also within that time they did the antirust underbody coating. My car was given back to me at 11am sharp. Nice people to deal with , they were very polite and courteous and sounded knowledgeble too, if they did not know about something , they are ready to accept that and they made sure they checked the details and got back to me , Like the Rheostat controller.
They have got a huge customer lounge from where you can also see the car being handled well.
All in all a very happy HYUNDAI Customer......
Thanks to my wife that she helped me make this decision.
Old 14th November 2011, 12:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats quite a journey Garry! Congratulations on your i20 CRDi

11 to 12kmpl is a bit on the lower side. Maybe the first service and driving at 80kmph will improve it.
Old 14th November 2011, 22:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN

Congratulations on the new i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Rain Sensor: There is a Rain sensor to automaticaly enable to wipers. Thats a surprise.
Rain Sensor? Cool! Have you tested this rain sensor? Where is it located in the car? Can you please post a pic of it? Mine is a May 2011 model and hasn't got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
As of now I am getting arround 11 or 12 KMPL.
This is on the lower side. Hope it increases after the service. I'm easily able to extract 19-21 kmpl with sedate driving.

Is gear shift indicator present in your car? I read in some thread that its not present in the new 5-speed CRDi.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 14th November 2011 at 22:28.
Old 15th November 2011, 23:21   #30
BHPian

Re: Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Wow, thats quite a journey Garry! Congratulations on your i20 CRDi

11 to 12kmpl is a bit on the lower side. Maybe the first service and driving at 80kmph will improve it.
Thanks raVan: The journey has been long , i am happy with teh car, and the service guy told me that FE would not increase after first service and I would only see the difference in 2nd service as there is nothing internal they would do in the 1st service only general checkup and all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks