Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 23:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat Fan , bought Hyundai Once AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on the new i20.

Rain Sensor? Cool! Have you tested this rain sensor? Where is it located in the car? Can you please post a pic of it? Mine is a May 2011 model and hasn't got one.

This is on the lower side. Hope it increases after the service. I'm easily able to extract 19-21 kmpl with sedate driving.

Is gear shift indicator present in your car? I read in some thread that its not present in the new 5-speed CRDi.
Thanks mite: I have not got an oppurtunity to test the rain sensors , neither do i know how to do that. Its located on the dashboard, Pics can be posted however the quality wont be that great (NO DIGICAM).
The gear Indicator is not there, I guess it was given only for 6 speed driving .
I am loving every bit of the car however one thing just not getting into my head. " You have to change the whole front bumper to have FOG LIGHTS fitted" . Thats not fair on HYUNDAIs part.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Thanks mite: I have not got an oppurtunity to test the rain sensors , neither do i know how to do that. Its located on the dashboard,

The gear Indicator is not there, I guess it was given only for 6 speed driving .

" You have to change the whole front bumper to have FOG LIGHTS fitted" . Thats not fair on HYUNDAIs part.
Are you referring to the small round thing which is near the windshield at the centre of the dashboard? If I'm not wrong, its the temperature sensor. According to my knowledge, there is no rain sensor in i20.

They are providing gear shift indicators on EON too. No idea why they took it out from i20. But once you get used to the gear ratios, the indicator hardly matters to you.

I too wanted to fit fog lamps but got the same reply from H.A.S.S.
I need to look into some after market options but it may void the electrical warranty.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 16th November 2011 at 08:49.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:05   #33
BHPian

Yes. That's the temperature sensor. Also how do you know the gear shift indicators are not provided? If you go past 2000K on 2nd gear, it'd prompt you to upshift promptly. The indicator would only suggest gear changes based on the RPM. If you're changing gears properly, it would just keep it's mouth shut.
Old 17th November 2011, 06:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Are you referring to the small round thing which is near the windshield at the centre of the dashboard? If I'm not wrong, its the temperature sensor. According to my knowledge, there is no rain sensor in i20.

They are providing gear shift indicators on EON too. No idea why they took it out from i20. But once you get used to the gear ratios, the indicator hardly matters to you.

I too wanted to fit fog lamps but got the same reply from H.A.S.S.
I need to look into some after market options but it may void the electrical warranty.
@ guyfrmblr: Yes I am referring to the same thing, I didnt know if that was the temprature sensor, might be. I will check with H.A.S.S they seemed to be knowledgeable. As far as the shift indicator is concerned I am yet to see any signs of it. I have tried pretty high RPMs.
I drove an asta in night time with Fog Lamps on and Off and believe me , it doesnt make any difference , so It did not make sense to me get the Bumper changed just to fit those useless fog lamps. However I am thinking of upgrading the Bulbs, any suggestions..?

Also friends , the FE I am getting is only 11 to 12 KMPL. First service is done and the car has done around 1600 KMs, Please let me know if there is anything i can do to improve that. I drive in city and mostly under 70 to 80 KH/H or even less than that. Do i need to get the ECU remapped..? or Oil change , because H.A.S.S refused to change the oil and said that the warranty will be affected if I did change the Oil.

Last edited by garry.brant : 17th November 2011 at 06:15. Reason: Spellings
Old 5th December 2011, 00:15   #35
BHPian

HI friends , update:
I had applied for registration on our own in the court , once applied there has been a strike since then , now its been more than 2 months and the strike has not ended and I am driving on Temporary Number since then , Please let me know what can I do in this scenario , as My Temp was valid for only one month. What if some cop wants to do challaan or something, what if I want to drive the car out of the state. Like I am planning my trip to delhi soon.
Please help people .
Old 5th December 2011, 05:25   #36
BHPian

Technically speaking you are driving your call illegally after 1 month. Do you have that slip that shows you have applied for registration ?

If yes you are safe but not sure how other states police will react. avoid it I has say . within State you are safe .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 19:19   #37
BHPian

ICE is done for my I20.
Got the bulbs changed to 90/100 Philips , costed 1.4 including Philips Relay.
Steering cover done, Costed 500.
Will post the pics very soon.

Most Viewed