Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:36   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so

Guys, Yesterday I got the vehicle back from Om sai motors, Kandivali (E). This time the service experience was much better and I did not have any major issues. The quality of work done for dent-removal and repainting was satisfactory, only thing is, I got a new badge for my 90HP (see the pics in next post). Overall experience was nice and will open a new thread under dealership reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinin View Post
@quickdraw,

Rest assured, the plastics are just fine. I myself own a July'10 GP 90HP and after nearly 14000 Kilometers everything is fine. No rattles, nothing has fallen off and no discoloration (I have made sure that the Dealer/Service station does not apply that ghastly shiny varnishi thing).

Problem areas:
  1. Interior - any place where the light grey meets the dark grey (read alignment issues) and the gap in the steering column.
  2. Exterior - The black band in between the bonnet and the windscreen that houses the wind screen washer nozzles (do not know what it is called technically).
However, trust me; you will forget all these trivial things when you are behind that stupendous wheel.

Go for a test drive and experience it for yourself.

Regards,

Pinin
Pinin, is this polish on interiors bad? this time it was applied by TASS and I did not know if I should have asked them for not doing it.

I also have issues with the second thing you have mentioned, I will try to get that replaced next time under warranty in my next visit to TASS. But as you have mentioned, these all are trivial things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbashishb View Post
For Wind noise at the highways you can go for 3M Anti-Corrosion Treatments which gives your car the following benefits:

For more power I would say it is better you upgrade to another vehicle which you like.
Thanks sarbashishb for your inputs but I am not too sure how this coating will help with wind noise at high speeds on highways. Btw I already have got done the underbody rust treatment during first service. Also, I have no plans for any performance upgrade as of now. I don't want to touch anything before 50K kms in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
@dj_turbo, really nice review. Have recently booked a 90HP for my dad in Tuscan Wine, awaiting the delivery eagerly.
Your review again confirms that the car is good, though there are negatives also.
Really liked the pics you have clicked, very well presented. Do you take pics with camera or mobile? Just asking out of curiosity.
Thanks jesrani, glad that you liked the pictures. I use my camera for the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hi DJ,

Thanks for taking the time to write down your impressions of the car, we all appreciate it of-course. Now comes the niggling part of asking some questions

I'm in a similar dilemma as you, and have test driven the new Swift and even the Cruze. I however did not get the chance to drive the Punto 90 yes, but I struck it off my list because I had severe problems with interoir plastics quality of fiat cars I've come across, can you share some further information on this with your personal experience?

I remember I had gone for a test drive of a car where I managed to break the seat height adjuster and the front boot opener, the plastic quality was that bad.
Thanks quickdraw.
Regarding the plastic quality in Punto, all I can say that there has been so much discussions regarding it, you always tend to look for issues in FIAT cars and even small things look big, otherwise, I do not feel that plastics are too bad.
For choosing a car, if you are looking for a powerful hatch for highway use, go for Punto 90HP and if urban roads are something you travel more on, then go for i20 D (Jazz if you want a petrol one). In the sedans, you can choose Vento or Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
hey, Nice review there i agree with you in the point that this is one awesome car. Just a query about the front co passenger seat as i am facing similar issues with my punto 90 HP. I have taken the car to TASS 2-3 times for this with no results.
Thanks djkher. The rattling and chhoo-chhooo sound from co-pilot seat is very irritating, this was resolved in my third visit to Gurgaon TASS, I really did not know what did they do, they just told me that they only did some greasing.

Last edited by dj_turbo : 3rd October 2011 at 00:37.
Old 3rd October 2011, 01:19   #47
BHPian

Now, I have a MOTION 90HP car :D

Hi Guys

As per the requests from few comrades, here are few (I am sure there are more than few) pictures of Punto 90HP interiors. These are clicked in my building's parking lot, next time I will try to go to better place for taking pictures.

@Mods, Can you let us know where do you guys go for taking such beautiful pictures in your official reviews.

The national engine badge (nothing interior about it ) but important to start with.
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-mjd-badge.jpg

The Dashboard:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-dashboard-1.jpg

The cockpit:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-cockpit.jpg

The captain seat:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-cockpit-2.jpg

I just love the Blue and Me feature which is a boon for a solo traveler like me.
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-b-me-right.jpg

Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-b-me-left.jpg

And the other important feature, ACC, boon for controlling the inside temperature.
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-acc.jpg

The cog selecting lever:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-acc-gear.jpg

Power-windows and ORVM control:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-front-control-buttons.jpg

Door handles:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-front-door-latch.jpg

Personally I am not a fan of chrome but this goes well with the T.Wine colored chariot:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-chrome-door-handle.jpg

Handbrake and cig-lighter, which is ergonomically placed to satisfy all your mobile charging needs:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-handbrake.jpg

Parking sensor's snap-on type IRVM, people are more interested in this high-tech looking device than ABS and Airbags:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-parking-sensor.jpg

Trip button for changing/resetting the options on the multi function screen:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-trip.jpg

The Right way of control, Wiper control on right side:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-steering-right.jpg

and the left side:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-steering-left.jpg

There are very less provisions for keeping the nick-necks safe, this is one of them at the right side of pilot:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-pocket-swiss-knife.jpg

Rear Seats:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-seats-.jpg

Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-seat.jpg

Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-seats.jpg
(The pics shows the minimum leg space)

There is sufficient space to get in and out at the rear too:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-ingress-back.jpg

Steering height adjustment:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-steering-height-adjust.jpg

High mounted rear indicators:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-indicator1.jpg
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-indicator.jpg

The branding on sear cover (got art leather AUTOFOAM branded seat covers):
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-punto-seat.jpg

The perforation in the covers:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-perforated-seat.jpg

Console in dark:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-console-light.jpg

The macho looking tire:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-tire-size.jpg

The most fragile looking plastic part in the car, driver seat height adjustment lever:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-height-adjust.jpg

During the process of dent-removal and repainting, I got a new badge at the back, wonder if I should change the signature here to "Packed with 90Horses' Motion
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-new-badge.jpg

More to come in next post...

Dj

Last edited by dj_turbo : 3rd October 2011 at 01:28.
dj_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:31   #48
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so

Next lot of pictures:

The cabin lights, these are decently powered and works well, switch quality is nothing to complain about.
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-cabin-light.jpg

Front door, wish these were leather wrapped on this top-end atleast, also the space is not good enough to carry a 1 ltr water bottle:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-front-door-pad.jpg

Rear power window switch, I am never there on rear seat (except one kilometer so far) but looks good enough to last forever:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-power-window.jpg

Same is true for this:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-rear-handle-hook.jpg

Height adjustable front seat belts:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-seat-belt-adjust.jpg

The seat covers, Have I mentioned that I love them :
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-front-seats.jpg

Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-front-seat-cover.jpg

The Customized color combination:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-stitch.jpg

Cockpit under dark conditions, love the color of light:
Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - The Story of 90 Fuel Burning Italian Horses: 9800 smiles so far-cockpit-light.jpg

Dj

Last edited by dj_turbo : 3rd October 2011 at 02:33.
dj_turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 04:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
The seat covers, Have I mentioned that I love them :

Dj
DJ - Lovely photographs. These pics show your attachment and passion for your drive.
Those seat covers look sporty. Is it stock or aftermarket?
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
DJ - Lovely photographs. These pics show your attachment and passion for your drive.
Those seat covers look sporty. Is it stock or aftermarket?
These are aftermarket stuff, from an authorized shop of Autofoam India Autoform, Autoform India, Car Accessories, Car Accessory, Quality Car Covers, Quality Car Seat Covers, Car Upholstery, Designer Car Covers, Designer Covers, No.1 Seat Cover Manufacturer in INDIA. It made my pocket lighter by 6900.

Dj
dj_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 07:59   #51
BHPian

congrats on taking the right decision of buying the best hatch available in India given the choice before us.
Your baby looks gorgeous in tuscon wine color.
happy driving .
praveen singh
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Now, I have a MOTION 90HP car :D

Quote:

During the process of dent-removal and repainting, I got a new badge at the back, wonder if I should change the signature here to "Packed with 90Horses' Motion
Dj
Hey DJ lovely pictures yaar.
And those seat covers looks awesome .Did you put these on top of the existing ones ?

Regarding the badges. i guess you can remove all the of them and trust me it looks good .

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:32   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hey DJ lovely pictures yaar.
And those seat covers looks awesome .Did you put these on top of the existing ones ?

Regarding the badges. i guess you can remove all the of them and trust me it looks good .

Cheers
Thanks Schoudhury, Yes, the seat covers were put on top of the original ones.
A few days before I go back to TASS for getting a new EMOTION badge, I will try to convince myself to remove this one and will see the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
congrats on taking the right decision of buying the best hatch available in India given the choice before us.
Your baby looks gorgeous in tuscon wine color.
happy driving .
praveen singh
Thanks Praveen.

Now I will go thru hemanth.anand's thread for fitting a central arm-rest.

Dj
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:56   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pictures of the beautiful Punto.

I see a lot of punto being sold in the last month.
Eagerly waiting for the sales figures this months to see the actual figures.

Wish you many more smiles on your car

-Hemanth
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:10   #55
h14
BHPian

Hi dj_turbo. Lovely pictures. Many congratulations on your beauty and wishing you loads of trouble free miles.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Nice pictures of the beautiful Punto.

I see a lot of punto being sold in the last month.
Eagerly waiting for the sales figures this months to see the actual figures.

Wish you many more smiles on your car

-Hemanth
You are going to be disappointed. Somebody in the sales figure thread said FIAT has managed to sell only around 900 cars (BTW its total Linea + Punto + Palio)
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:20   #57
BHPian

Congrats and a very nice feedback... when i purchased i20, punto was my other consideration but I let it go only becuase of the poor ***.

Have a safe and happy journey always.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:12   #58
BHPian

Thanks Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
You are going to be disappointed. Somebody in the sales figure thread said FIAT has managed to sell only around 900 cars (BTW its total Linea + Punto + Palio)
Yeah neoonwheels, we are disappointed. This time when I was waiting for my car to be delivered, one elderly guy was talking about which diesel car to buy in the range of 10L. I suggested him to go for a Linea but he said there are mechanical problems in Linea, when I ask what are the problems, he did not have anything to mention, its just that he had heard too many bad things about Linea and Fiat. That's precisely the problem with Fiat, the poor image and perception of being niggle-stuffed. Hope the nice cars achieve the number they really deserve.

Dj
Old 4th October 2011, 15:52   #59
BHPian

Re: Now, I have a MOTION 90HP car :D

Quote:
Parking sensor's snap-on type IRVM, people are more interested in this high-tech looking device than ABS and Airbags:
Dj - thanks for sharing the pictures. The interior attachments look great.

How much did the parking sensors cost (brand ?) and did it come with the special IRVM's ?
Old 4th October 2011, 15:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Yes, Very Sad. I believe it was 900+ for only Linea for the previous month ( not Palio, Punto and Linea combined).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks