Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 14:52   #31
BHPian

Re: An ownership review - Hyundai i10 Automatic Asta NextGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I got my i10 automatic about 6 months back.
- despite being the highest end model, no alloy wheels
- severely undertired which makes highway driving somewhat of a pain
Congratulations on the new buy and enjoy many miles of happy driving.
You can upgrade to 175/70R13 or 185/60R14 which will improve driveability a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Congrats on your buy. FE should improve by 10-20%, once the engine / tranny run-in period is over. If it is of any consolation, many manual i10 owners (including me) are also complaining of poor FE.
Same here. My i10 AT gives 9-10 kmpl in city with 100% AC while the manual Kappa2 variant is giving 7.5 kmpl under similar condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats - even if it is a little late to say so.
I am a bit skeptical of the 2nd key - it looks like a cheap duplicate. When i got my i10 Asta gen1 - I got both keys with remote lock integrated in keyfob (there were no flippy keys then). Request you to clarify this issue with other gen2 i10 asta owners in the forum (Harbir has recently got one for his better half).
Safe driving!
Yes that's what they are giving - one remote and one cheap key, signs of cost cutting I believe.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Yes that's what they are giving - one remote and one cheap key, signs of cost cutting I believe.
If it is again any consolation, Honda has this practice for all their cars. 1 remote key and 1 'valet' key.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:47   #33
BHPian

Part not available in Hyundai part manual ! Pls help!

I have a Hyundai i10 Asta. During one of my trips the lower side of the running board near the passenger side was dented due to a probable running over a stone. There are 6 pastic drain plugs on each running board (i.e. driver side and passenger side). As a result of the dent 2 of these plugs were damaged.

I visited Trident Hyundai on Airport Road to order these plugs. Mr. Kamal, an employee of theirs in Spare Parts opened their online parts catalogue for the i10 and started hunting for the part. Though I cant believe it myself, he could not find the part (I checked on the i20 and the part is the same there also).

Then he ordered some other drain plugs from the parts manual which were not under the running board, and when they arrived, they wouldnt fit. Now he is saying that the part is not available - no part number.

Since I have two holes under without a drain plug to cover them, I am in a quandry. Emailing Hyundai also has had not success - i get the standard email response.

Would any BHPian know of any other contact number within Hyundai where I can escalate this? Also would anyone know any parts dealer in the Bangalore area where i can call?

I have attached a photo below where you can see the drain plugs.
Attached Thumbnails
An ownership review - Hyundai i10 Automatic Asta NextGen-photo0003.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2012, 14:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Part not available in Hyundai part manual ! Pls help!

All I can see is the incompetence of Mr Kamal and Trident Hyundai. :(

Motorguy, I do not know the part number of the drain plugs, but, I'd advise you to get it fixed or covered atleast temporarily, till the part arrives. As the running board is the quickest to rust, and without the drain plugs, it just accelerates the issue.

Please contact any other A.S.S, I'm sure you can figure it out.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:26   #35
BHPian

Latest development - Mr. Kamal told me he will check with their Body Shop on the part no. I cannot figure this out - he should call their contacts at the main parts distribution center in Chennai and check.

Wait and watch....
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:30   #36
BANNED

Quite often the independents are able to get spares from the OE list - cheaper as well (typically 15-20 below list). If you have a trusted spare vendor seek his help.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Quite often the independents are able to get spares from the OE list - cheaper as well (typically 15-20 below list). If you have a trusted spare vendor seek his help.
If I could get hold of a spare parts vendor, it will probably help . However I have no clue of any Hyundai spare parts vendor. The problem with parts such as drain plugs is that they are slow-moving and many vendors will probably not stock them readily.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:45   #38
BANNED

@motorguy; I am talking of general (not Hyundai) parts dealers. They may take two to three days, but can get these.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

Check with some other A.S.S. or probably an independant mechanic (Sejal Motors or like).

It might just be that the software that Trident is using isn't updated or the person in charge isn't aware of the correct part no. Also ask a mechanic to check; generally they know part numbers better than the fellow sitting at the counter.

And it's a rather strange co-incidence but I faced the same issue for my Corsa with Trident Chevrolet. They couldn't source a particular part because the part no. that they thought was necessary for my Corsa was actually a part for Astra. After a month when my SA kept saying he couldn't source the part, I got in touch with the Workshop Manager and the part arrived within a week.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:00   #40
BANNED

Quote:
I have attached a photo below where you can see the drain plugs.
It will be either of these part numbers

wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
It will be either of these part numbers

@wildon - thanks. Checked with Mr. Kamal at Trident. Both of these are not the parts - they are drain plugs at the center of the chassis.
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@wildon - thanks. Checked with Mr. Kamal at Trident. Both of these are not the parts - they are drain plugs at the center of the chassis.
Would you know where I can access an online parts manual for the i10? thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

These are rubber-plugs, right ? If so, why even bother with manual, A.S.S etc ? Any auto-parts store should have them. And if the neighborhood store does not have it, in Chennai we would go to GP-Road (a street lined with mostly auto-parts stores on both sides). No idea about an equivalent place in Blore.
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
These are rubber-plugs, right ? If so, why even bother with manual, A.S.S etc ? Any auto-parts store should have them. And if the neighborhood store does not have it, in Chennai we would go to GP-Road (a street lined with mostly auto-parts stores on both sides). No idea about an equivalent place in Blore.
@supremebaleno- thanks. Thought of that. will do that if the A.S.S. doesnt get it for me . Will make a trip to JC Road in Bangalore and start hunting there.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:02   #45
BHPian

Congrats on your car. I also drive an i10 Automatic (Asta) and has just crossed 1 year and 10,000km on the odo. It has been a journey of ups and downs -

* the downs being horrible experiences with the dealer during delivery despite knowing all the sales guys, knocking all over till about 2 months back which got rectified after an ECM upgrade.
* the ups are more so it eventually brings a smile - reasonably good fuel efficiency - I drive light-footed and have managed to get upto 12 kmpl in city (!!!) and that too before the ECM upgrade was done. The engine is butter smooth after the upgrade and gives 10kmpl comfortably even with a few minutes of spirted driving. I must admit that this isn't any less from what I expected of a fully automatic hatchback under 7 lakhs. With some planning and avoiding the sudden push on the accelerator expecially while overtaking, its more or less predictable. We just have to get used to the dynamics of the engine - I switch off the music and listen to the engine and the feel of the gear shifts to get a clue of the patterns. This I do with my Elantra as well - there for sheer pleasure of the feeling of torque and the grunt!

Will post a detailed ownership experience soon.

Have 2 questions for the fellow bhp-ians -

1. How does the Ignition Key reminder and Battery saver work?
2. Electric heated outside mirrors - how do they work? Automatically heat when there is mist?
convivial is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks