Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 11:20   #46
BHPian

Re: An ownership review - Hyundai i10 Automatic Asta NextGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
Congrats on your car. I also drive an i10 Automatic (Asta) and has just crossed 1 year and 10,000km on the odo. It has been a journey of ups and downs -

* the downs being horrible experiences with the dealer during delivery despite knowing all the sales guys, knocking all over till about 2 months back which got rectified after an ECM upgrade.
* the ups are more so it eventually brings a smile - reasonably good fuel efficiency - I drive light-footed and have managed to get upto 12 kmpl in city (!!!) and that too before the ECM upgrade was done. The engine is butter smooth after the upgrade and gives 10kmpl comfortably even with a few minutes of spirted driving. I must admit that this isn't any less from what I expected of a fully automatic hatchback under 7 lakhs. With some planning and avoiding the sudden push on the accelerator expecially while overtaking, its more or less predictable. We just have to get used to the dynamics of the engine - I switch off the music and listen to the engine and the feel of the gear shifts to get a clue of the patterns. This I do with my Elantra as well - there for sheer pleasure of the feeling of torque and the grunt!

Will post a detailed ownership experience soon.

Have 2 questions for the fellow bhp-ians -

1. How does the Ignition Key reminder and Battery saver work?
2. Electric heated outside mirrors - how do they work? Automatically heat when there is mist?
@convivial - is your car a 2010 model ? Am now wondering whether I should ask the A.S.S for an ECM upgrade. Haven't experienced the knocking but my car has run only about 4000 km since Nov. 2010.

Ignition key reminder - no clue how it work. I recall vaguely seeing something in the manual (I could be wrong), but if I recall correctly, the way it was described was quite vague.

Electric heated mirrors - checked with the A.S.S. Apparently it is on all the time. There is no turning the mirror on or off. By that note, it is quite impossible to know whether the heated mirror is even working !
Old 4th May 2012, 11:29   #47
BHPian

Heated side mirrors work along with Defogger. When defogger is turned on outside rear view mirrors also start heating. This can be verified by touching the glass surface. Same applies to rear glass if you need to verify.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:11   #48
BHPian

Re: Part not available in Hyundai part manual ! Pls help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
It will be either of these part numbers

An update - after emailing a complaint to Hyundai (which apparently the manager of Trident Hyundai got), Mr. Kamal of their Spare Parts was really helpful and finally sourced the part by checking with Trident's body shop guys.

@Wildon - The correct part no. is 86825-26000 (Nut Assy-Plug).

Mr. Kamal was very cooperative and I gave him a good feedback for his assistance (even though the value of the plug was just Rs.15/-).
Old 9th May 2012, 19:25   #49
BHPian

Re: Part not available in Hyundai part manual ! Pls help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
It will be either of these part numbers

@Wildon - where can i get access to a Hyundai i10 parts manual (I know it is online) to check on part numbers (as what you have quoted). Also would like to get a softcopy version of Hyundai i10 Service Manual - seen several links on the Net , but none of them work
Old 10th May 2012, 06:43   #50
BHPian

Engine vibration in Hyundai i10

A couple of days back, I noticed a overall vibration from my i10's engine which filters into the cabin - very slight but noticeable vibration. Could this be a loose engine connector or perhaps a problem with the ECU? Car is running ok except for the vibration.

Going to bring it to Trident today but wanted to post it in case any BHPian has any suggestions. - Thanks!
Old 10th May 2012, 07:33   #51
BHPian

Re: Engine vibration in Hyundai i10

motorguy, you will have to give us more info than that. How old is the car, last serviced, usage, did it have an incident before the vibration etc. Only then can you get a satisfactory answer.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:55   #52
BHPian

Re: Engine vibration in Hyundai i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
motorguy, you will have to give us more info than that. How old is the car, last serviced, usage, did it have an incident before the vibration etc. Only then can you get a satisfactory answer.
The car is 2 1/2 years old, run 3700 km so far, used twice a week (but started every day) and no incidents or accidents except a minor dent under the running board caused by a stone.

Update: - went to Trident Hyundai and insisted that they connect their scanner to check. No errors.

The vibrations seem to have reduced quite a bit after running it for about 8 km. Now retrospecting, could be the relatively colder weather in the mornings as well as the cold start. Have decided to leave it for now.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:36   #53
BHPian

motorguy, after starting the car, let it idle for a minute, at least 30 seconds. Then you can move. If you do this every day, the life of your engine will be prolonged.

Also, when was the car last serviced? Maybe the vibration started after the service?
Old 1st April 2013, 13:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
Even my i10 AT with upsized tires gives a FE of 14-16 on Highways. For the office commute (car is never above 2nd gear) its just about 10 and on Ring Roads or when driving to Airport i get 12-14.

I guess being gentle with the pedal is the trick for a decent FE in i10.
Hi Shubham,I have just booked the I10AT. Asta, there have been lots of discussions on I10 AT mileage. Now that you must have driven the car for long enough. do you still get good fuel effecieny
regards
Old 1st April 2013, 13:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi Shubham,I have just booked the I10AT. Asta, there have been lots of discussions on I10 AT mileage. Now that you must have driven the car for long enough. do you still get good fuel effecieny
regards
My recent 400 km highway trip in my Sportz AT this weekend gave me 12.88 kmpl only If driven sedately, this might give you slightly better mileage....but the 4 speed really doesnt help highway drives. In the city expect anything between 9-11, which is about par.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 15:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self
motorguy, after starting the car, let it idle for a minute, at least 30 seconds. Then you can move. If you do this every day, the life of your engine will be prolonged.
Is this something mentioned in the manual ? Asking because this suggestion used to apply only for old-gen cars. New-gen cars don't usually require this idling routine. In fact most manufacturers today suggest that you just start the car and drive off. Just ensure that the initial few kms are driven sedately (till the temp gauge comes to optimal position).
Old 27th May 2013, 06:16   #57
BHPian

Hi
I have a 2013 i10 Sportz AT which has covered 1600 Kms till date. I wanted to know if the Car rocks (whakes) a little when you shift from Park to Drive. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but it does it very often. Some info will be greatful.
Old 29th May 2013, 13:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Hi
I have a 2013 i10 Sportz AT which has covered 1600 Kms till date. I wanted to know if the Car rocks (whakes) a little when you shift from Park to Drive. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but it does it very often. Some info will be greatful.
There is the normal shake from Park to Reverse and Reverse to Drive. But this is pretty normal in all the autoboxes I have driven. Are you referring to this rocking (vibration)?
Old 30th May 2013, 20:12   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
There is the normal shake from Park to Reverse and Reverse to Drive. But this is pretty normal in all the autoboxes I have driven. Are you referring to this rocking (vibration)?
Ya the car rocks (vibrates) , feels as if somebody rear ended the car from behind. I was checking online if generally that's the case, a lot people say its the parking pawl thats causing the car to Jerk and rock, But my other car, Honda Ivtec City AT if pretty smooth from P to D. So i was wondering because this car is built to a price probably its a character of the gearbox. I was wondering if you also face a similar jerk when changing from P to D.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks