Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 21:29   #61
BHPian

Re: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT

Back after a really long time. Its been a tough couple of months

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Aurum congrats on your Jetta, excellent choice of colour! Jetta truly is a very good car, sat in one yesterday and was impressed with the rear seat space. We almost decided to trade-in our Octy for the Jetta AT but then sense prevailed, and its now postponed.

Will stay glued to your thread, especially on how the DSG does in the long-run.
Thanks, Shashank. So far so good. Its done around 3000 ks so far (I know, not much, but I've been travelling like crazy). The DSGs been great so far. Just love how it responds. No issues so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Hi Aurum first of all let me congratulate you for your excellent buy. I had been following your thread & am also now a proud owner of a Highline AT - albeit in black colour.

Did you finally get the bluetooth adapter installed?
Congrats! I didnt get the bluetooth adapter installed. The workshop has been extremelt tardy in getting any information on this, and they dont seem very confident of getting it right. Since I've been travelling, I havent really pushed them hard on this either. Plan to pick this up again soon, though I've started realizing that I dont really miss it all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Aurum,
Have you experienced any creaks or rattles in your car?
I keep thinking I am hearing them, but so far, all of them have been isolated to some manageable source, like a bottle or a seat belt buckle hitting against some plastic. There is a irritating one that appears to come from the rear parcel tray, but its very minor, and I have not yet been able to isolate where exactly its coming from.

Will update with my latest experiences in the next few days.
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:38   #62

Hi. How is your Jetta doing now?
Old 8th November 2016, 18:39   #63
BHPian

Hello Aurum. I do hope you have been having a fabulous and niggle-free experience with the beauty. It has been a little over 2 years since the last post. I would love to see some 'long term ownership review'. Please do take some time share your long term experience. It will only help people like me (I'm looking for a pre-owned Jetta) understand how the beauty fares in long term.
Old 9th January 2019, 10:43   #64
BHPian

I haven't really done justice to updating this thread, but here goes a parting shot... Its been more than 7 years, 82k km, and its been an absolute pleasure. The power and DSG always brought a smile. The size and space in the car was perfect. The looks havent really aged. Over the years, I have realized that there is very little that this car doesnt offer. So upgrading has been tough and a nearly 2 year process. The successor is from the same family, a Q5.

A few niggles did come along the way, though nothing major - the speed sensors all had to be replaced within a month of each other a couple of years back, the battery died on me once very inconveniently, but apart from that, its been a pretty hassle free ride. None of the initial worries panned out - DSG, ground clearance etc.

The family is really attached to it but also looking forward to the new vehicle. Thank you, Jetta, for everything! Also, thanks to everyone on this forum, who have contributed generously to every decision I have to make along the way, from small things like getting a bluetooth module to big things like actually finding the replacement.

PS: The car is up on the classifieds if anyone is interested. I would rather sell it to someone on this forum than a general dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-1.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-2.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-3.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-4.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-5.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-6.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Highline AT-jetta-7.jpg  

Aurum is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed