Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 12:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Koleos - My driving impressions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is it? My understanding was that the company will be getting more rupee for the same amount of dollars that the car costed them. But then economics is not really my stronghold.
But the cost of importing it has gone up! Renault India will be dealing with INR. They will be importing it into India. Let's say the price is around 40,000 USD. Earlier, they would be paying 18 lakhs. Now, they are paying 21 lakhs. Obviously, their input price has gone up!
Old 17th December 2011, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have seen at least 4 Koleos in various colours in the past couple of weeks - all from close range. It appears to move well etc and the parked ones too looked fine - standing well.
But somehow to my eye there seemed to be something missing - not sure what - may be something of excitement or character in its looks. However everything looks prim and 'propah' sans the zing.
Hopefully should be driving one soon - next week or so.
Old 17th December 2011, 13:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
I have seen at least 4 Koleos in various colours in the past couple of weeks - all from close range. It appears to move well etc everything looks prim and 'propah' sans the zing.
Hopefully should be driving one soon - next week or so.

Could it be the Koleos lacks that intangible element, the awe(?) that your ride inspires, the sheer majesty of the T-Fort's dimensions/stature?

Last edited by RS_DEL : 17th December 2011 at 13:11.
Old 17th December 2011, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Could it be the Koleos lacks that intangible element, the awe(?) that your ride inspires, the sheer majesty of the T-Fort's dimensions/stature?
No sir...not quite that. Not just the girth/dimensions.
I would consider the degree of visual appeal of the old Scorpio (sans shiny Walrus tooth/faux or working scoop etc) high (to my eye !). Yup, slightly more than the Fortuner.
So its that something that strikes your eye which denotes zing/appeal which much smaller vehicles could possess. Ummm...say like the good old jelly bean - the old Zen ?

Last edited by Guderian : 17th December 2011 at 13:27.
Old 17th December 2011, 13:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Is it? My understanding was that the company will be getting more rupee for the same amount of dollars that the car costed them. But then economics is not really my stronghold.
In other words, the price goes up. Exactly what has happened.
Old 17th December 2011, 21:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

They may get more rupees, but they need to convert it back to dollars/euro for remitting it back...that's where they lose if they don't increase prices...
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Today my Dakshin Honda SA smsed/called me and updated that he moved to Renault. On asking about the Koleos he sent me the details of pricing etc. Planning to do a Test Drive on one of the weekends.

The problem i see with Renault is lack of presence in India.

I have no experience or exposure to French automobiles. Are they similar to other Europeans (expensive to maintain and low resale value internationally), or are similar to Japanese (Inexpensive to maintain and long lasting, trouble free generally)?

Bangalore OTR comes to 31 big ones .

Quote:
As a general rule, whenever rupee goes down it helps exporters (they get more Rupees for their exports without change in price), and is against importers (as they need to have more Rupees to get the same about of foreign currency, hence prices of imports go up).

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 3rd April 2012 at 12:53.
Old 24th December 2013, 09:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

India-bound Renault Koleos SUV Facelift could get more powerful.

Renault India could offer a more powerful 2 liter turbo diesel engine on the facelifted Koleos SUV.
The 2014 Koleos facelift’s 2 liter DCi turbo diesel engine is likely to get a more powerful state of tune.
The uprated engine will pump out 172 Bhp-360 Nm, a significant step up in terms of power and torque outputs. A 6 speed automatic transmission will continue to be offered with this diesel engine while the all wheel drive layout will be offered as standard. The visual and feature changes on the 2014 Koleos Facelift are as follows:
  • New grille
  • Revised front bumper
  • Chrome lined side protective strips
  • New alloy wheels
  • R-Link infotainment system with a 7 inch touch screen
  • Revised trim and colour schemes on the interiors
  • Satin finish and wood inserts on the center console
  • New leather upholstery
  • Rear parking camera
  • Blind spot indication system
The Koleos is currently priced at 23.99 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. The facelifted version’s price could go up by a small margin considering the various added features and more powerful turbo diesel engine.

http://www.cartoq.com/india-bound-re...more-powerful/
Old 30th January 2014, 14:10   #24
Team-BHP Support

French automaker, Renault has revealed the pricing of the of the Koleos facelift:
4x2 MT – Rs. 22.32,999
4x4 MT – Rs. 25,13,999
4x4 AT – Rs. 26,18,999

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Renault Koleos - My driving impressions!-koleos.jpg
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks