Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 21:27   #1516
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Gomzy, My car also ran similar to yours. Booked in kerala and driven to Bangalore. My major running till now was in highways. Completed 6900Kms and given for servicing today. I had checked the engine oil color before. It was not so dark and maruti recommends oil change at 10K. Since all the new turbo engines are coming after a run in from company it is not required to change oil at 2nd service.I got the wheel rotation and minor complaints rectified. Cost was a big 0. Next service will cost around 4.5K as per SE.

Well, i was charged with Rs. 1304 for wheel balancing, tyre rotation and nitrogen filling, no top-up's of any oils was mentioned in the service record.

Infact i had asked the service guy not to rotate the spare tyre since it had suffered from a bad cut and i had to make that tyre a tubed tyre. But to my dismay he did not pay heed to my instruction and inserted the spare tubed tyre on the front right side. Got to go again to the service centre and get it changed.

Just one question, do i have to again get the wheel balancing done after the said change? the service record states that all 5 tyres were balanced.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:56   #1517
BHPian

Balancing was not done. He asked for it but i rejected. Even if doing i would prefer to get it done from outside. There is a pattern for rotation. Spare wheel to right back. Right back to front right. Front right to left back left back to front left and that is back as spare wheel. Dont know the theory behind though
Old 6th September 2012, 11:47   #1518
BHPian

I just noticed the disc brake today and found that there is some rusting in the gaps, showed the same to MASS and they said it was normal.

Should i get the same painted or leave it as it is?
Old 6th September 2012, 16:08   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy
I just noticed the disc brake today and found that there is some rusting in the gaps, showed the same to MASS and they said it was normal.

Should i get the same painted or leave it as it is?
Whenever you wash your car, the discs get rusty. So it will be good idea, if you make a 1-2km trip after washing the car.

If your paint the disc brakes, the paint will wear out for one short ride. The brake pads will be in contact with the discs every time you apply brakes. May be you have seen the caplipers painted or rear drums painted.

Last edited by HighOctane : 6th September 2012 at 16:24.
Old 6th September 2012, 16:20   #1520
BHPian

Hi,
I have the Swift VDi 2011.
While driving the car yesterday I noticed a hissing sound coming from the car. It wasn't the engine but somewhere below the car. It sound like the tyre loosing pressure. But there is no loss of tyre pressure yet.

I am clueless as to where the sound is coming from.
There is no such sound when the car is at a stand still (engine running/off).
Old 6th September 2012, 16:43   #1521
BHPian

Since the new gen Swift is now a very popular car in Team bhp and people have done good mileage on their cars, I would like to ask them if they are witnessing any rattling issues as was with the previous generation Swift. This would clear our doubts if Maruti has actually eradicated the problem completely or not.
We can have a poll if mods can help us in having one.
P.S. I own a new dzire and its been 5 months since I have been driving it through some of the worst possible roads. The car is doing rather very well without any rattles.
Old 6th September 2012, 18:42   #1522
BHPian

Got my third service done for my swift today at Pratham motors, Bangalore. Odo reading was 10750.
Got my first oil change done. According to my service advisor, Maruti has issued another circular which states that the customer can choose between mineral or synthetic, even though Maruti recommends synthetic. This came after the curcular which mandated synthetic oil to all cars after a VIN number. Looks like Maruti wants to do away with the perception that swift service is costly.

I opted for synthetic itself. Oil costed me 2500, plus 330 for oil filter. Total bill came to 3300 including taxes.
Total service costs for my car till now
1st service: 0
2nd service: 600 for wheel alignment and balancing
3rd service: 3300

The next service due, according to them is at 15000kms. But the service manual says next service is at 20000kms. Can someone enlighten me?
Old 6th September 2012, 19:25   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Since the new gen Swift is now a very popular car in Team bhp and people have done good mileage on their cars, I would like to ask them if they are witnessing any rattling issues as was with the previous generation Swift. This would clear our doubts if Maruti has actually eradicated the problem completely or not.
We can have a poll if mods can help us in having one.
P.S. I own a new dzire and its been 5 months since I have been driving it through some of the worst possible roads. The car is doing rather very well without any rattles.
Well. I had some rattling problem from the front right side. It was due to loose wiring of tweeter. ACC was taking outside air even if i put in internal circulation mode. both were rectified in the recent second service.
While shifting gear up, it was giving a 'tick' noice. SE told it is common. And this is not happening if i rev the enfine till turbo gets activate and shift. May be i am doing early shifts. No other issues so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Got my third service done for my swift today at Pratham motors, Bangalore. Odo reading was 10750.
Got my first oil change done. According to my service advisor, Maruti has issued another circular which states that the customer can choose between mineral or synthetic, even though Maruti recommends synthetic. This came after the curcular which mandated synthetic oil to all cars after a VIN number. Looks like Maruti wants to do away with the perception that swift service is costly.

I opted for synthetic itself. Oil costed me 2500, plus 330 for oil filter. Total bill came to 3300 including taxes.
Total service costs for my car till now
1st service: 0
2nd service: 600 for wheel alignment and balancing
3rd service: 3300

The next service due, according to them is at 15000kms. But the service manual says next service is at 20000kms. Can someone enlighten me?
I remember you got your car after mine. I did second service this week. So it seems you are enjoying the car very much As per my understanding paid services interval is 10K. May be they are telling according to miner oils intervals. Did you checked if we can be there while they change oil and filter in service bay?
Old 6th September 2012, 20:03   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Same here, my ZDi has done around 14k's and yesterday I received a call from MASS that service is due at 15k. When I asked the lady about the 10k interval, she coolly states that MSIL recommends a service every 5k to keep your car healthy. I said no thanks, and I would get it done only at 20k.

This is nothing but a new way developed by the dealers (I hope MSIL doesn't play any role in this) to fleece unsuspecting customers who are made to believe this crap.

Just for information, my car developed (the much dreaded problem from the i20) steering rattle at around 2.5-3k at Odo. This when the car has been driven on very well paved roads. As usual MASS refused to take any action at the 5k IInd free service stating it as very minor and promised to take care of it at IIIrd free service at 10k, if the rattling sound aggravates. The rattling did increase with each mile, and it was quite prominent at the IIIrd service. But still, the SA refused any such issue and passed it off. I had to approach the GM-service for the same, and only after his deputy took a extensive drive did they acknowledged the problem and promised to replace the steering rack assembly as soon as they receive the part in stock.

Got it replaced under warranty after 15-20 days. The problem seems to have gone for now, and the car has logged around 3k's after replacement but I still suspect it would reappear as I tend to hear a rattle or two once in a while. And mine is not a one off case. I got to know from a friend that the same problem is there in his relative's ZDi even after two replacements under warranty. This could not be passed off as a defective batch of parts/cars, as his is from the 1st lot of August 2011, and mine is a January 2012 make. Must be a case of inferior part quality which MSIL is sourcing from a vendor.

I will wait for some more time and if the rattling aggravates again, will surely write to MSIL and see what best can be done.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:14   #1525
BHPian

I am getting a squeaky noise from the left side of my 6 months old swift zxi,it comes when we drive over rough patches and bad roads.It surfaced when the car was just 2 weeks old,when we asked the service guys to check unfortunately no noise at that time,even during my second service the same happened.
I have done 6376 km,this noise is so irritating in a new car,I feel as if its coming from left ORVM or may be from the plastic molding that covers the seat belt of the front passenger seat.Also one weird thing that I noticed is that during rain there is no noise even on the worst roads,experienced this in last two weeks.
Your inputs guys.
Old 7th September 2012, 22:23   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
I am getting a squeaky noise from the left side of my 6 months old swift zxi,it comes when we drive over rough patches and bad roads.
I have taken the delivery of my new Swift VDi in Oct' 2011. I am facing the same issue as GullwingGT, a squeaky noise from the left side of the car while going thru bad patches of the road. I feel that it is coming from somewhere near the glove-box.
The noise has just showed up for a past couple of months, after the car had completed around 14k kms. Will check with the SA in the next service interval.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:00   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Read this article on CarToq regarding Maruti fixes Swift braking problem! which coherently present in lower version of it. The fix is related to an ECU update.

Do have a look new Swift owners, could be useful.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 20:52   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Read this article on CarToq regarding Maruti fixes Swift braking problem! which coherently present in lower version of it. The fix is related to an ECU update.

Do have a look new Swift owners, could be useful.

Link.
This says break issue with an ZXI too was solved. I will check this with pratham motors this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12th September 2012, 21:58   #1529
BHPian

Hello Comrades!!!

I will be taking delivery of a Swift Lxi for my brother this Sunday and need help of fellow Swift owners. I will take along with me the PDI list given here on T-BHP.

I plan to get the under-body rust protection done from the ASC right after delivery. Do I really need to get it done? I am also thinking about getting some paint protection treatment? Any suggestions?

I will also be really thankful if somebody can tell me the odd but important things that need to be taken care.

I also wish to know the list of accessories (price/manufacturer etc) that I need to buy. Any important long term maintenance/To-Do's list is also welcome.

I request everyone to help me with my queries and I will be really thankful .
Old 13th September 2012, 08:46   #1530
BHPian

Hi IronHead,

First of all congrats to you and your brother on getting the car.Check with your dealer which branded underbody coating they are doing. Most of them are using cheaper ones and charging higher(Infact this is one of money making gimmick SEsy i say). If not a branded one, you can get it done from outside. About paint protection/teflon you can have it after a 6months or so. Since most all cars are coming with a polishing from factory. I would suggest you to get the basic accessories such as mudflap and floor mat from dealer and all other stuffs from outside from a reputed dealer and brand.
Did you took insurance from dealership or outside. Again this is one area where SEs are making money. An insurance which cost 18K from dealer costs 12- 13K outside from same company.(Generally maruti gives sundaram or national insurance i guess.Check the price difference and take a decision if you have not paid the amount)
Next point is breakin of new engine. Check the below thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Most Viewed