Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 08:52   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
I plan to get the under-body rust protection done from the ASC right after delivery. Do I really need to get it done? I am also thinking about getting some paint protection treatment? Any suggestions?
Congrtas on the owning car!
Underbody coating is not necessary to be done. Get the paint protection done by 3M and more professional and guaranteed to last.

Cheers!
Old 13th September 2012, 08:56   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Read this article on CarToq regarding Maruti fixes Swift braking problem! which coherently present in lower version of it. The fix is related to an ECU update.
The complaints about the Swift brakes that can be seen on this forum, including the official review of the Swift, is that the brakes themselves are weak, and have inadequate stopping power. The problem that is officially reported and being fixed by Maruti (as per this linked article) is quite different- i.e. low speed braking is inadequate, including braking while half clutching.

I have a VXI and have felt that the brakes could definitely be much better with stronger bite (though have not yet experienced the low speed braking problem).
Old 13th September 2012, 11:36   #1533
Distinguished - BHPian

Will this 'fix' benefit LDI/VDI owners as well? If I understand correctly, this idle RPM fix is only to compensate the less-than-ideal vacuum boost for the LXI and VXI. This has less to do with the braking system and more the inadequate 'brake assist' from the booster

However, will the LDI/VDI will continue to suffer from 'inadequate' braking? Don't think they suffered from inadequate vacuum strength.

Is my assumption correct?
Old 13th September 2012, 13:38   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The complaints about the Swift brakes that can be seen on this forum, including the official review of the Swift, is that the brakes themselves are weak, and have inadequate stopping power. The problem that is officially reported and being fixed by Maruti (as per this linked article) is quite different- i.e. low speed braking is inadequate, including braking while half clutching.

I have a VXI and have felt that the brakes could definitely be much better with stronger bite (though have not yet experienced the low speed braking problem).
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Will this 'fix' benefit LDI/VDI owners as well? If I understand correctly, this idle RPM fix is only to compensate the less-than-ideal vacuum boost for the LXI and VXI. This has less to do with the braking system and more the inadequate 'brake assist' from the booster

However, will the LDI/VDI will continue to suffer from 'inadequate' braking? Don't think they suffered from inadequate vacuum strength.

Is my assumption correct?
As far as I know (courtesy my friend who is facing the same life threatening problem in his new Dzire VXi) the issue is with the brake booster, which does not create the pressure enough at lower RPMs (in L & V variants) due to which the brakes do not get applied & the brake pedal becomes hard/ jammed for some moments. MS A.S.S. have recommended to maintain the car above certain RPM to make sure that the car brake booster works & car stops properly in any situation.

But, shouldn't MS recall the cars to replace the boosters which are faulty in this case.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:53   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As far as I know (courtesy my friend who is facing the same life threatening problem in his new Dzire VXi) the issue is with the brake booster, which does not create the pressure enough at lower RPMs (in L & V variants) due to which the brakes do not get applied & the brake pedal becomes hard/ jammed for some moments. MS A.S.S. have recommended to maintain the car above certain RPM to make sure that the car brake booster works & car stops properly in any situation.

But, shouldn't MS recall the cars to replace the boosters which are faulty in this case.
Seems that Maruti-Suzuki is discreetly attending the problem. Here is an article on what is being done:
http://www.cartoq.com/maruti-fixes-s...aking-problem/

For those on the forum, facing the issue, please get it rectified ASAP & update on the improved brakes for benefit of others.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 15:59   #1536
BHPian

Good to see Maruti rectifying the brake issue at last. However, I do not support the idea of Maruti doing this discretely. There are several users who would be facing this issue but not knowing about the ECU update fix. Maruti as a responsible car manufacturer should recall all Swift owners and offer to fix this. Or atleast do this when the cars arrive for service. And not wait for customers to report the problem.
Old 14th September 2012, 16:17   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
I am getting a squeaky noise from the left side of my 6 months old swift zxi,it comes when we drive over rough patches and bad roads.It surfaced when the car was just 2 weeks old,when we asked the service guys to check unfortunately no noise at that time,even during my second service the same happened.
I have done 6376 km,this noise is so irritating in a new car,I feel as if its coming from left ORVM or may be from the plastic molding that covers the seat belt of the front passenger seat.Also one weird thing that I noticed is that during rain there is no noise even on the worst roads,experienced this in last two weeks.
Your inputs guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
I have taken the delivery of my new Swift VDi in Oct' 2011. I am facing the same issue as GullwingGT, a squeaky noise from the left side of the car while going thru bad patches of the road. I feel that it is coming from somewhere near the glove-box.
The noise has just showed up for a past couple of months, after the car had completed around 14k kms. Will check with the SA in the next service interval.
Mine ZDI had developed very similar rattling noise within few weeks of ownership. Initially I thought it was due to some thing kept inside Glove Box or Left door. Actually the noise was coming from leftside of the black color plastic assembly ( where windshield washer nozzle is placed near left wiper arm). This was corrected by placing some hard sponge padding below that black cover. But lately the same noise has resurfaced.
beast_within is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 16:25   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Mine ZDI had developed very similar rattling noise within few weeks of ownership. Initially I thought it was due to some thing kept inside Glove Box or Left door. Actually the noise was coming from leftside of the black color plastic assembly ( where windshield washer nozzle is placed near left wiper arm). This was corrected by placing some hard sponge padding below that black cover. But lately the same noise has resurfaced.
Last week had been to Service Centre,met the service GM and he sent a mechanic and he drove it on rough surfaces and after sometime the sound emerged,I was convinced that they will fix this time.However the GM quoted the same plastic issue and said it has been fixed,but next day itself the problem resurfaced.Have spoken to their GM and he has asked me to get the car to Service centre again,will let you guys know whether it gets solved or not.
Old 14th September 2012, 19:36   #1539
BHPian

Same happened in my ZDI too. There were some rattling from front right side. SE told it was due to loose wiring from front tweeter(infarct i told him to check if that is the issue).
I took the car out two days after service and the same issue came back again. Even though it is a small noise it is irritating one for me. Some BHPians had faces rattling in steering assembly. I need to check if that is the problem. Taking the car tomorrow to service center.
Old 19th September 2012, 10:58   #1540
BHPian

Carblog India claims braking problems in Swift rectified by and ECU update

http://www.carblogindia.com/new-maru...roblem-solved/
Old 19th September 2012, 21:53   #1541
BHPian

Need help:

Hit a pedestrian and lost the mirror on LHS RVM. Everything (electrical motor, indicator) is working fine. Just the mirror has fallen off and shattered.

Has anyone replaced this part or any idea if ONLY the mirror is available as a part or should I buy the whole assembly?
Old 19th September 2012, 22:27   #1542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
...Hit a pedestrian and lost the mirror on LHS RVM. Everything (electrical motor, indicator) is working fine. Just the mirror has fallen off and shattered.

Has anyone replaced this part or any idea if ONLY the mirror is available as a part or should I buy the whole assembly?
I have the same problem. I have the prev gen Swift though. Guess the dealerships sell it as a pair. I checked with a Maruti genuine spares shop and they have the left piece alone for Rs. 1000/- [black]. I hope gen 2 also would be similarly priced. If you want to paint it, might have to shell out another 500-1000/- on it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th September 2012 at 22:29.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 23:05   #1543
BHPian

How long is the puc valid for on the new swift? I have completed 6 months and wanted to know if I should get one or is that new cars need not have puc for one year.
Old 19th September 2012, 23:46   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
How long is the puc valid for on the new swift? I have completed 6 months and wanted to know if I should get one or is that new cars need not have puc for one year.
One year AFAIK.

Anyone got the ECU update to solve break issue. I checked with pratham motors last week and they were unaware of this.
Old 20th September 2012, 01:58   #1545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
New cars have PUC valid for on year, from the company. After that you need to get the checking done every 6 months. I suggest you get the checks done on Jan 01 & July 01 every year. Helps you remember the schedule.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks