Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 11:25   #1621
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Initial feedback from my friend:

"the problem hasn't appeared in the drive back to home"... though he was sounding tense as the road he was travelling had traffic, & was fearing problem may reappear. I had to explain him almost everything about the ECU update, including what is an ECU in first place.
Any further update on this? Would be really interesting to know.

I checked with my MASS the service center manager, who, was not aware of such an issue. I have asked him to check with the TSM as suggested in this thread. Awaiting his response.
When I brought this up with the service adviser, he readily agreed that the update would be done as part of normal service - on checking further (and I find this hard to digest this) realised the SA did not know the difference between an ECU update and a diagnostic check!

I have personally never experienced this issue in forward gears, even though I drive in some of the more congested stretches in Bengaluru. But, on a couple of occasions (tight parking on gradients) I felt the breaks going hard. So, was thinking better get the fix, than regret later.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:57   #1622
BHPian

My new gen VVT petrol swift's 3rd free service is scheduled this month. I talked with the SA who says synthetic oil is recommended. Can someone who has got their car serviced tell me if I can opt for mineral over synthetic as my car has not crossed 10k kms yet. Mine is at present 5.5K and many people say synthetic is recommended only after 10k. More over, since my run is around 6k / year, i do not know if synthetic oil really makes sense.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:08   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder
Just completed my 20k paid service from MASS. Total bill was 7k,even though I did alignment and balancing from outside. Is this the norm or Maruti service has become expensive. The major component was engine oil costing 555/ltr. which costed me 1722/-
At 20 k in swift D gear oil, brake oil, diesel filter, oil filter, air filter, coolant gets change so amount mentioned by you is reasonable.
Old 10th November 2012, 15:47   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
NOT costly from a Swift's service point of view. Expensive from a Toyota point of view but. Now you know the reason why I frown when I go through the service details of even a Fortuner at times; or why I am seriously looking at a Toyota as my next ride! When you have a suspension & steering overhaul along with regular service for Swift D, you will be looking at a clean 10K bill!!
It seems Maruti service became costly post Swift. My friend did service of his esteem ( my old esteem ) at 1,15,000 kms and it costed him just 3,900 odd. Service didn't include oil replacement. But, he had one lower arm replaced, welding done on the underside, and alignment as well as balancing was done on the car as well. Service was done at Maruti Service Masters - Autoteam. Maybe because it was a Petrol car. Not sure. But, 3,900 on a 11 year old Esteem seems to be very reasonable.

With regards to the comparison with Toyota service, the main difference seems to be the replacement interval of the parts. It's not that the Toyota parts are cheaper. But, they seem to be designed for a longer life. Have a glance at the bill and we'll understand the difference. The Maruti service bill will contain a huge list of replacements. The Toyota service bill in contrast contains 3 or 4 replacements and that is it. And for the same reason, the service is completed in 2 hours time as well and hence labour cost is saved as well.

The autoteam maruti service masters director Rajan Sir told that Toyota design their cars to be easily serviced as well. In his words, the common service jobs on a car can be done even by a fresher in no time. According to him, this is so in all Japanese cars but particularly is evident in Toyota design.

Last edited by amalji : 10th November 2012 at 15:51.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 16:35   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post

I checked with my MASS the service center manager, who, was not aware of such an issue. I have asked him to check with the TSM as suggested in this thread. Awaiting his response.
When I brought this up with the service adviser, he readily agreed that the update would be done as part of normal service - on checking further (and I find this hard to digest this) realised the SA did not know the difference between an ECU update and a diagnostic check!

I have personally never experienced this issue in forward gears, even though I drive in some of the more congested stretches in Bengaluru. But, on a couple of occasions (tight parking on gradients) I felt the breaks going hard. So, was thinking better get the fix, than regret later.
He isn't satisfied with the brakes overall, but, he has confirmed that the low RPM brakes problem has been solved/ eradicated.
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 22:41   #1626
BHPian

Guys what is the waiting period for the Swift ZDI in Chennai??

Last edited by KINI : 14th November 2012 at 22:43.
Old 14th November 2012, 22:55   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
Guys what is the waiting period for the Swift ZDI in Chennai??
The official waiting period is 6 months. But if you're not colour specific you can get it in a month's time.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:49   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi livyodream,
So what did you do to the RVM got the glass separate or full kit?
Even Toyota gives mirror separately which I bought for my innova a year ago. Do keep us posted.
Got left ORVM for just 300 Rs. Im loving it
Electric motor works just fine

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-131999_4819382120438_630787325_o.jpg
Old 16th November 2012, 08:54   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Got left ORVM for just 300 Rs. Im loving it
Electric motor works just fine
Good to know the mirror is available separately.

What does the safety warning say? Mine reads, "Object in mirror are closer than they appear".
Old 16th November 2012, 15:28   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Good to know the mirror is available separately.

What does the safety warning say? Mine reads, "Object in mirror are closer than they appear".
Checked the bill today and found out that the mirror costs just 180Rs. 90 Rs was charged for labour and rest Tax .
Old 16th November 2012, 20:44   #1631
BANNED

Today, I saw a New Swift VDI with ABS.

Yes I don't think this model is available but clearly it was there.
Now I have seen some false stickers on cars which don't really have ABS but they are all with the wrong fonts and Sizes and wrong location of badge.

But this car was correctly badged with the same font, size and location of "ABS" badge.

This was a brand new car with a Temporary Regn No.
Old 16th November 2012, 23:06   #1632
Senior - BHPian

How much does the rear taillight cost? I managed to put a hole in the reverse light pod by nudging the wall today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Great news if this is true.
Old 17th November 2012, 09:04   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Now I have seen some false stickers on cars which don't really have ABS but they are all with the wrong fonts and Sizes and wrong location of badge.

But this car was correctly badged with the same font, size and location of "ABS" badge.

I too saw one last week, at palakkad. Thought it was a false sticker! This is great news if true.
Old 17th November 2012, 17:40   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari

I doubt if Maruti would be so considerate to offer ABS on the V variants in the Swift. Could be a case of false stickering. I had once seen an Ertiga ZXi with a DDiS monicker at the side. Can you beat that?
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:42   #1635

Mod team note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post

Dear Whitewing,
I own a 2012 SwiftP and have faced the similar issue since Day 1. I am happy that I have got the issue resolved from MASS. They were reluctant on the first note and tried to rub the issue citing it as "non-existent". They test-drove my car and said there is no such issue. They tried their best to deny any such information on "ECU reset". It took me 3 months of hard fighting with them and finally, they broke their silence. Their TSM, who came down from Nashik, had a brief chat with me and promised to resolve the issue. It was quick, almost 20mins. They didn’t allow me see what was going on. A very hard attempt to peep revealed only his laptop partially visible behind my bonnet. Now the whole issue of Hardening of breaks is gone. The icing on the cake was, slight improvement in my Mileage. I am a happy man now.

rgds,
CB

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd November 2012 at 16:49. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Prime is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks