Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 22:37   #1651
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does the LXi / LDi also geet the indicator integrated on the mirror? And if so, can we use this mirrors on the previous gen Swift? I like the mirrors with indicator on it, and have a body painted indicator cover on my mirrors now. However, on the mirrors broke & I am having a tough time removing the cover from broken ORVM.

If the new one fits old swift, then I shall as well proceed that way.

Edit: I think only the mirrors which doesn't have the electrical adjustment will make sense, hence the qquestion on the 'L' variants.
For the older gen. swift,painted ORVM covers of all body colors are avilable in the acc. market & these covers have LED blinkers integrated into them & are a simple paste job with double mounting tape.The wire is connected by opening the trims of both the front doors & connecting to the fender blinkers, easy installation. BTW , these are very good quality LED's are are quite bright & absolute vfm.I am having them from past 3 yrs. in my 2006 zxi. Got them for 500 a pair back in 2009.
Old 1st December 2012, 22:47   #1652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78

For the older gen. swift,painted ORVM covers of all body colors are avilable in the acc. market & these covers have LED blinkers integrated into them & are a simple paste job with double mounting tape.The wire is connected by opening the trims of both the front doors & connecting to the fender blinkers, easy installation. BTW , these are very good quality LED's are are quite bright & absolute vfm.I am having them from past 3 yrs. in my 2006 zxi. Got them for 500 a pair back in 2009.
I already have those covers with LED blinkers (Galio brand). However I paid 900/- 4 years back & 2 years back, the price was 1200/- a pair. Between which places do you think have these for 500/- & which brand?

As mentioned, if I can retrofit the new Swift's mirrors, those look much better though expensive. The other one does look a bit cheap, though LEDs are bright, and those wires getting slightly exposed and all.
Old 2nd December 2012, 22:08   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I already have those covers with LED blinkers (Galio brand). However I paid 900/- 4 years back & 2 years back, the price was 1200/- a pair. Between which places do you think have these for 500/- & which brand?

As mentioned, if I can retrofit the new Swift's mirrors, those look much better though expensive. The other one does look a bit cheap, though LEDs are bright, and those wires getting slightly exposed and all.
Well IIRC , the brand is definitly galio, but i am not 100% sure of the price after seeing your quote of the price.
If you plan to swap the entire assembly of ORVM to that of new swift , maybe the mounting points & the bracket et.al. might be different.Also it costs a whopping 4.7k a piece. As for the wires , yes they seem to be exposed & i am living with them, tried to tape them with a clear tape,but is shortlived.
Old 4th December 2012, 16:31   #1654
BHPian

Has anyone installed a armrest in the new swift?

I came across this one http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-universal...#ht_2170wt_906
Would like to know if someone installed the same or a similar one and their experience with it.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:19   #1655
BHPian

I have a few Questions.. what i heard from most of the Swift Owners is Oil change will be done on the first free service(1000 Kms)! i have given my Swift ZDI for servicing today at Indus Motors, Medavakkam, Chennai and Service Representative told me that there is no Oil Change until 10000 Kms. I scratched my head and asked him to check in manual and to my surprise i didn't find any thing regarding the Oil change at 1000 Kms. Guys.. pls help..
Old 4th December 2012, 22:29   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat
I have a few Questions.. what i heard from most of the Swift Owners is Oil change will be done on the first free service(1000 Kms)! i have given my Swift ZDI for servicing today at Indus Motors, Medavakkam, Chennai and Service Representative told me that there is no Oil Change until 10000 Kms. I scratched my head and asked him to check in manual and to my surprise i didn't find any thing regarding the Oil change at 1000 Kms. Guys.. pls help..
Oil change for my Ertiga ZDi is also after 10000kms. Since the engine is the same as that of swift albeit, VGT, I think swift oil change should also be after 10k kms.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 23:42   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat
NO oil change in 1000 kms. Between, you could voluntarily ask them to change it as a good practice, to get rid of chipped off metal pieces that may have come into the oil from new moving parts. Mind you, this will be charged.

And if you have synthetic oil, this is better skipped on account of high cost.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th December 2012 at 23:43.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 08:10   #1658
BHPian

Seat squeaks

My driver seat squeaks and cries every time I go over a hump or pothole. I reported this problem multiple times to the service centre, and each time they oil the railings of the seat. The sounds seem to vanish for a day or so, but comes back with the same intensity.
Does it have to do with the height adjuster by any chance? Has anyone else experienced it?
Old 5th December 2012, 09:29   #1659
BHPian

Yes. Seems like almost all issues related to squeaks and rattles are present in my car
I have reported this to service center and they are least bothered about these kind of work. These are something they need to spent time and not that much in their profits. These can be solved only if you have a friendly SE who can spent time to figure out the actual cause. Now a days i am traveling only with stereo on otherwise the whole dashboard will start singing over potholes and bad stretches. Maruti should make stereo st standard and it should switch on whenever the car starts.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:23   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Hi,
I have the Swift VDi 2011.
While driving the car yesterday I noticed a hissing sound coming from the car. It wasn't the engine but somewhere below the car. It sound like the tyre loosing pressure. But there is no loss of tyre pressure yet.

I am clueless as to where the sound is coming from.
There is no such sound when the car is at a stand still (engine running/off).
Hi ,
Sometimes the hissing sound could be from the radiator fan. Becomes more pronounced in confined spaces - like an enclosed parking area.
cheers
Old 6th December 2012, 16:30   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
My driver seat squeaks and cries every time I go over a hump or pothole. I reported this problem multiple times to the service centre, and each time they oil the railings of the seat. The sounds seem to vanish for a day or so, but comes back with the same intensity.
Does it have to do with the height adjuster by any chance? Has anyone else experienced it?
I was facing rattling issues from car, when driven over bad roads, now as you have told I am getting a similar kind of noise from my driver seat. Even during hard braking I am facing this and the pathetic road conditions adding to the rattling misery of my swift.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:44   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Hi ,
Sometimes the hissing sound could be from the radiator fan. Becomes more pronounced in confined spaces - like an enclosed parking area.
cheers
It could be coming from near the fuel tank. Can you check near under the left rear wheel when the car is idling after warmed up? If it is indeed coming from the fuel tank, no worries, it is normal in new swifts.

Last edited by jingaboysr : 6th December 2012 at 16:47.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:46   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Yes. Seems like almost all issues related to squeaks and rattles are present in my car
I have reported this to service center and they are least bothered about these kind of work. These are something they need to spent time and not that much in their profits. These can be solved only if you have a friendly SE who can spent time to figure out the actual cause. Now a days i am traveling only with stereo on otherwise the whole dashboard will start singing over potholes and bad stretches. Maruti should make stereo st standard and it should switch on whenever the car starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
I was facing rattling issues from car, when driven over bad roads, now as you have told I am getting a similar kind of noise from my driver seat. Even during hard braking I am facing this and the pathetic road conditions adding to the rattling misery of my swift.
Thankfully I do not have any other rattles apart from the seat squeaks. Try moving laterally and back front in the seat, you should hear the sound. Planning to visit the service centre once more this weekend, the sound is quite annoying.
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 00:41   #1664
BHPian

The rattles are back and man in what a way!!! The dash squeaks while going over the slightest of undulations. First it was very faint and when I showed it to MASS, they were unable to figure out where it came from. Actually told me let it increase more and maybe then we can figure out .

Now its quite prominent and I have only done a shade over 13k kms. I am very very disappointed with the Build quality. And the lesser said about the pain quality the better.

Even the slightest touch from my wifes' handbag buckle peels off the paint and the white undercoat is visible. Slight nicks when people touch the car while walking by with bags or umbrellas leads to similar results. Also had an unfortunate situation where an idiot on the road rested his woodlands on the side of the car. The paint in the area where his boot was actually scratched off in the shape of his sole. I have never seen such poor paint quality in any car till date. Being black, it looks even worse and I regret not getting the paint sealant done from 3M.

I hope not all cars are like this and mine is just a one off...considering that I previously owned an A-star and the paint quality and even the Build quality was slightly better but nothing compared to the European brands. This car was manufactured in Jan 12 when the Manesar sabotage issues had already been resolved, which kind of makes me feel that this is probably the last Maruti Suzuki I will ever buy
Old 7th December 2012, 09:57   #1665
BHPian

I concur!

The squeaking was there in the brand new car. Had mentioned in my new car review too. Now there is that tiny something bouncing around somewhere deep inside the left side of the dash. Not a biggie; but an irritant all the same.

The way the console is held together and the materials used - Not a great job by Maruti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks