Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 08:26   #2251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Nice price for the ZXi you have got Akshay.

It is good to have it and no harm in paying. It doesn't mean that the car is unreliable or sort. Just that it will be giving you peace of mind for the next 4 years to come in case there is any issue.

Seems fine though.

Handling is a bit on the higher side and I don't understand why this charged to a customer. Can I know what does' Basic Kit' mean and what does it contain?

One thing I just noticed is the low discount you are getting on the Swift - 5K. Push for more discount or try another dealer.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag.

Basic kit includes accessories like mats, mud flaps, steering cover. I got this quotation over phone and will negotiate with them when I personally meet them.
5000 seems standard across board, all dealers are offering the same. I contacted three of them.
I will be getting the car by end of this month. Torque blue it is!
Old 18th June 2014, 08:40   #2252
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
5000 seems standard across board, all dealers are offering the same. I contacted three of them.
Try and push for discounts or try to get some add-on like parking sensors etc I the deal. Check the VIN and PDI before signing the dotted line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
I will be getting the car by end of this month. Torque blue it is!
Wow. Same as mine.

Congratulations buddy.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 11:52   #2253
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
hi Zigor,

I am an owner of Swift vxi 2013 model and I feel that breaks are not adequate for emergency braking; Swift's braking distance is more than usual and it may hurt more when you're on higher speed.

ps: I have not upgraded my tyres.

Thanks INJAXN,

I value your opinion . I have received same response about 'the inadequate braking' from everyone I meet. Also, your car being a petrol will be lighter than a diesel and this means that the braking in a Vdi should be worse than a Vxi. It is almost impossible not to drive a Swift at higher speeds, as the dynamics and handling is really good. I might have to take a detailed test drive in the new Swift just to check the braking. I'll have to think about my decision again.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Old 18th June 2014, 17:56   #2254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
...I might have to take a detailed test drive in the new Swift just to check the braking. I'll have to think about my decision again...
I suggest you save enough and buy a ZDi. Though expensive, the features are worth more than the difference. While TD, you would NOT feel brakes to be inadequate as you will be getting the ZDi version.

Edit:: By the time you save up, you might also get the new version. So please wait and buy the ZDi version.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th June 2014 at 17:58.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 21:01   #2255
BHPian

Hi swiftnfurious,

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While TD, you would NOT feel brakes to be inadequate as you will be getting the ZDi version.
I was looking for a test drive on a Swift Vdi. In fact one of the guys at Maruti’s agreed for a test drive on a Vdi (I am a regular customer). I hate Maruti for providing such kind of brakes on an extremely popular variant.

Quote:
I suggest you save enough and buy a ZDi.
Thanks to God, finance is not an issue, it’s just that I have a fixed upper limit for budget as it is not the only car in the family. I can go max for 6-6.20 lac, not more than that. So, if the brakes are not good, I guess it’s time to test some of the swift rivals

Quote:
Edit:: By the time you save up, you might also get the new version. So please wait and buy the ZDi version.
If some one can tell me the exact date for the launch ! I know it’s not possible. I don’t understand why any of these companies don’t announce launch dates well in advance (it helps future buyers). As far as we know, it can be any date from July to September. Problem is ‘I require a car now’

Thanks for a quick response.
Old 18th June 2014, 22:06   #2256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
I want to know from the users directly. Friends, please remember:
1. I am looking for Swift Vdi (not Zdi)
2. I will be changing the tyres right away (185/70/r14), I am not looking to upsize to 195 as it is almost unnecessary. I believe 185s are more than enough.
3. Is this issue with Brakes resolved?
Please help me as I am right on the verge of booking the car.
Thanks !
Though I currently own a Swift ZDi, my ex-vehicle is Ritz VDi (non-ABS), I have a daily usage of 108 kms with a mixed set of roads. The lack of ABS did keep in solus twice but majority of my usage I was fine with the braking system. The car was bone stock and riding on 165/80 R14 Bridgestone S248 tyres.

In my 3 years stint with the Ritz I clocked 1.08 lakh kms so I am confident on the braking system.

Since you are going to upsize right away half of your problem is solved and I don't think living with VDi is doing to be that an issue.

Anurag.
Old 18th June 2014, 23:09   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you are going to upsize right away half of your problem is solved and I don't think living with VDi is doing to be that an issue.
Anurag.
Upsizing cannot solve the braking issue as such as ZDi gets better parts in the braking system.
Old 18th June 2014, 23:15   #2258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Upsizing cannot solve the braking issue as such as ZDi gets better parts in the braking system.
I never said that upsizing will solve the issue completely. All I meant was better grip due to better tyres hence better braking.

Anurag.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:26   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Though I currently own a Swift ZDi, my ex-vehicle is Ritz VDi (non-ABS),
In my 3 years stint with the Ritz I clocked 1.08 lakh kms so I am confident on the braking system.
Anurag.
Hi Anurag,
the poor braking issue is only with Swift and Swift Dzire (LXI and VXI variant)

Below quotes are from GTO's official review:

For RITZ :
"Nothing to write about the brakes. Standard fare. Brakes are reassuring and have decent feel. ABS available (and highly recommended) as an option on the VXI / VDI."

For SWIFT:
"Mediocre brakes (LXi / LDi & VXi / VDi). Inadequate for emergency braking conditions"

For DZire
"Mediocre brakes (LXi / LDi & VXi / VDi), just like the mechanically-identical Swift"
Old 19th June 2014, 17:47   #2260
BHPian

I had 2 Swift cars in last 4 years. First one was a swift vdi abs,which was a really a nice car and I had it driven for 75000 kms before selling it .I bought the new swift ZDi just because I loved the new look ,2 years back exchanging Swift vdi.

To be frank,I was a bit disappointed with my car.I had persistent issues with front right side brake.Brake Pads kept worn out every 7000 km on the same side.There was excessive dusting too .After persistent pushing,finally Maruti replaced the whole braking unit on that side including calipers.

I had my new swift's gearbox synchronization units changed twice under warranty in last 1 year.

So I was forced to sell it off, few weeks back and bought a Renault Duster.

Swift is an absolute fun car to drive,but you need to be lucky to get a trouble free car.This is just out of my personal experience.So just keep a watchful eye.

There must be lakhs of happy Swift owners.
Old 21st June 2014, 13:19   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I had my new swift's gearbox synchronization units changed twice under warranty in last 1 year.
Anil,

What was the problem to change synchronization unit? My friend who bought a Dezire had same problem and got it changed under warranty now.
Old 21st June 2014, 14:38   #2262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post

To be frank,I was a bit disappointed with my car.I had persistent issues with front right side brake.Brake Pads kept worn out every 7000 km on the same side.There was excessive dusting too .After persistent pushing,finally Maruti replaced the whole braking unit on that side including calipers.

Swift is an absolute fun car to drive,but you need to be lucky to get a trouble free car.This is just out of my personal experience.So just keep a watchful eye.
Feel sorry that you have faced so many issues with the Swift and Maruti.

May be it was a lemon I guess but my question is didn't Maruti solve the issues completely even after parts getting changed under warranty? Or were you tired with the niggles?

Congrats for the Duster.

Anurag.
Old 21st June 2014, 14:48   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Anil,

What was the problem to change synchronization unit? My friend who bought a Dezire had same problem and got it changed under warranty now.
I had initially difficulty in down shifting from 3rd gear to 2nd gear.This was around 1 year back. The problem was with corresponding synchronization unit.What I understood was ,the synchronizer was not properly engaging.They did show me the part on replacing,when I insisted .It looked like made of cheap material.

2nd episode was 1 month back.This time I was unable to upshift from 1st gear to 2nd gear.They replaced the synchronizer again under warranty.

The service adviser who is known to me since last few years told me that new diesel cars by maruti like swift ,dzire ,ertiga and sx4 are prone for synchronizer issue. He told me not to worry as maruti will replace it under warranty till 60000 Km! I had already crossed 45000 Kms.

Quote:
Feel sorry that you have faced so many issues with the Swift and Maruti.

May be it was a lemon I guess but my question is didn't Maruti solve the issues completely even after parts getting changed under warranty? Or were you tired with the niggles?

Congrats for the Duster.

Anurag.
Thanks.

About your question, Maruti did solve issues to certain extent only,as same problem kept on recurring in different form.Say the case of synchronizer of gearbox.First it was for 2nd and 3rd gear.Later it was for 1st and 2nd.

At the time of selling ,I was having some difficulty in engaging to 1st gear!

Again,I was tired of constant niggles too. Every time they kept the car for around 3 to 4 days. So without exaggeration I can say ,in the past 2 years of ownership ,my car was with service center for around 30 to 40 days altogether.

One last thing,I am impressed with prompt response from Maruti.If you send them a mail they will respond in 24 hours .Service centers do respect customers who contact company directly.

Last edited by Eddy : 21st June 2014 at 18:52. Reason: Merged.
Old 23rd June 2014, 17:49   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the new swift (facelift) is going to be launched in the month of July? I am planning to get it within few weeks.
Old 23rd June 2014, 19:27   #2265
BHPian

Just got the car from 30K service. Had told them about kat kat sound coming from/near rear suspension when on incline or slope taken in an angle (articulation). SA informed that the axle beam needs replacement and will be done FOC as Maruti has already identified as faulty and will be replaced as per recall.

Wondering if it was identified as manufacturing defect, how come no one called me for replacement and waited till I complained?

BTW, Bill came to 6k with 1250 rs as useless add-on work done without prior approval from me, Yet to escalate on it.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks