Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 15:20   #361
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The awful brakes are a big concern in the new swidt V DI. I got a chance to drive one at chandigarh and they brakes just didn't work as they were supposed to. Absolutely no feel, and the car's stopping time is alarmingly long. The brakes in the new swift L and V are just plain atrocious.
GTO too mentioned it in his review. This is a cause for serious concern.

On a lighter vein, this could be strategy of MSIL to get the cars back to the workshops often! I am sure the dealerships were unhappy that cars once sold did not come back often for repairs.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:25   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
50K advance is too much for an uncertain delivery period. MSIL should insist all dealers to collect 10k as booking amount.
I agree, 50K is on the higher side for swift.
It is possible that because of the uncertain waiting period the dealers are taking in a higher booking amount so that they can retain the customer.

In most of the cases the dealers have been taking 10K for booking and I even came across one dealer here in Kolkata who was taking just 5K for the booking of the new swift.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:46   #363
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
I agree, 50K is on the higher side for swift.
It is possible that because of the uncertain waiting period the dealers are taking in a higher booking amount so that they can retain the customer.

In most of the cases the dealers have been taking 10K for booking and I even came across one dealer here in Kolkata who was taking just 5K for the booking of the new swift.
The advance is fully refundable. Whatever the amount, if the customer wishes he/she can cancel and get back the amount.

Just an approx calculation -
1,00,000 X 50,000 = Rs. 500,00,00,000 is the total customer money which is shelved.
Old 19th October 2011, 08:50   #364
Senior - BHPian

Finally cancelled the booking of the swift as it seems to be never ending. The dealer couldnt even give me a proper timeframe for getting the car.

so cancelled the car and got the cheque back !!. back to square one of hunting car again !!
Old 19th October 2011, 21:18   #365
BHPian

Still waiting with the strong belief that the strike will end soon.
Was waiting for this car from the time i saw a thread about Gen2 Swift tn T-Bhp.
May cancel only if it became necessary or any quality issues for the future cars.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:35   #366
RGK
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleague got the car delivered (VDI from ABT chennai) on last friday. He booked old Swift in July and was automatically upgraded to the new one after confirmation.

He was informed by the dealer that "no one knows about future delivery time lines".
Old 20th October 2011, 22:14   #367
BHPian

Need some advice. Got an unexpected call today from a maruti dealer informing that the "old" swift Vxi ABS and Zxi are available for immediate delivery. Was surprised to hear this. I am wondering how can a car whose production stopped 4-5 months ago still be available, and what would it's condition be. Planning to call him tomorrow to get the VIN and price.

Background is that want to replace Alto. First choice was Jazz, but lack of even display/TD vehicles and insane waiting periods are driving me away from it. Second choice Ritz was TD (at same Maruti dealer), but had trouble with the high clutch position, so was rejected. Then came this unexpected info today.

My concerns:

1. Could these be damaged pieces or something - Should i even consider this or walk away ? Has anyone else also got similar offers ?

2. Went through first few and last few pages of this thread. Read that new swift (euro version) was rated 5-star in Euro NCAP - what was it for the older swift ?

3. Based on this thread, there seems to be improvement in ride quality, major improvement in interiors, lesser boot space and some nice touches like electrical ORVMs, better looking alloys. Will read up more, but is there any other major difference because of which should not consider older swift ?

Fairly confused right now, looking for some inputs. Hope this is not off-topic to this thread.
Old 20th October 2011, 22:44   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
1. Could these be damaged pieces or something - Should i even consider this or walk away ?
Yes. Damaged most probably. During hunt of a new car, I saw several damaged Maruti cars at stockyard of dealers waiting to be repaired and be sold to customers. If you are good at analyzing a second hand car then you can check yourself otherwise stay away.

Quote:
2. Went through first few and last few pages of this thread. Read that new swift (euro version) was rated 5-star in Euro NCAP - what was it for the older swift ?
4 stars.

Quote:
3. Based on this thread, there seems to be improvement in ride quality, major improvement in interiors, lesser boot space and some nice touches like electrical ORVMs, better looking alloys. Will read up more, but is there any other major difference because of which should not consider older swift ?
No. Older Swift is much better and safer, IMO (brake issues).
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 09:40   #369
BHPian

Strike has ended in maruti manesar plant , get the new swift its better then old one in all aspects . I think the decision which has been taken is a long term one . Both the parties has reached the agreement . Just wait for new swift for peace of mind .

Quote:
Need some advice. Got an unexpected call today from a maruti dealer informing that the "old" swift Vxi ABS and Zxi are available for immediate delivery. Was surprised to hear this. I am wondering how can a car whose production stopped 4-5 months ago still be available, and what would it's condition be. Planning to call him tomorrow to get the VIN and price.

Background is that want to replace Alto. First choice was Jazz, but lack of even display/TD vehicles and insane waiting periods are driving me away from it. Second choice Ritz was TD (at same Maruti dealer), but had trouble with the high clutch position, so was rejected. Then came this unexpected info today.

My concerns:

1. Could these be damaged pieces or something - Should i even consider this or walk away ? Has anyone else also got similar offers ?

Fairly confused right now, looking for some inputs. Hope this is not off-topic to this thread.
Old 21st October 2011, 09:51   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Strike has ended in maruti manesar plant , get the new swift its better then old one in all aspects . I think the decision which has been taken is a long term one . Both the parties has reached the agreement . Just wait for new swift for peace of mind .
Yes, hopefully this agreement will last and no more strikes again. Found this link about the strike ending:

Strike at Maruti Suzuki ends; 1,200 workers to be reinstated - NDTV Profit
Old 21st October 2011, 09:57   #371
BHPian

Thank God, the strike has ended. I just hope that no more trouble comes in future.

We now have to wait and watch, how the waiting periods for new swift are taken care of.
Old 24th October 2011, 16:39   #372
BHPian

Hi,

What is the booking amount for new Swift ? I am planning to book Zdi, but dealers here in Hyderabad were saying booking amount was 50K . Is this same across the country or varies according to the dealer ?

However checking on Maruti toll free number, they say its 10K only. Can I take up this issue with Maruti Suzuki ? I plan to book the Swift if the amount is 10K. Waiting period is ok for me :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 24th October 2011, 17:55   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi,

What is the booking amount for new Swift ? I am planning to book Zdi, but dealers here in Hyderabad were saying booking amount was 50K . Is this same across the country or varies according to the dealer ?

However checking on Maruti toll free number, they say its 10K only. Can I take up this issue with Maruti Suzuki ? I plan to book the Swift if the amount is 10K. Waiting period is ok for me :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Yes, the booking amount is 10 K only. At least that's what the dealers in Bangalore were quoting before the strike started . After the strike began some dealers stopped accepting bookings altogether. Maybe it is the dealers' strategy to discourage more bookings and more backlog by quoting a high booking amount?
Old 24th October 2011, 20:00   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Can I take up this issue with Maruti Suzuki ?
Sure you can. These are the greedy attitude of dealers.Is it the same with all dealers in the city?
I paid 10K for mine. Booked on September from Kerala.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:01   #375
BHPian

nri199, devil_lkm,

Thanks for the responses, yes all dealers were quoting 50K. I have called the Maruti Regional office in Hyderabad,but no one is picking up the call from Sales dept.

- Srinivas.R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks