Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2011, 01:12   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
You got me all wrong here. Swift isn't VFM (at ZDI price levels) for a lot of reasons . Build quality is one of them.

At the price point of ZDI, I should expect a rattle free experience for atleast 5 years. Besides, I am not trying to defame Swift also. It has a remarkable engine for its category.
Swift is a tad bit overpriced, but if it so matters to you, it also has the best resale value for the segment. You get back a lot more when compared to other cars.

The whole question of whether a car will rattle or no again depends on the kind of roads its subjected to, apart from the build quality. It also depends on how you drive over such bad roads. I'm sure even the cars with exceptional build quality, would start developing rattles if constantly subjected to bad roads and careless driving.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 01:39   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
At the price point of ZDI, I should expect a rattle free experience for atleast 5 years. Besides, I am not trying to defame Swift also. It has a remarkable engine for its category.
That's really the biggest thing which is pinching me, since I booked ZDi back in July2011.
While waiting for it, in the waiting period gifted by MarutiSuzuki on its booking, I'm hugely analyzing another viable options in my budget range but Sadly, till now i'm unable to yield any serious results.

On a lighter note, Book your Swift or Dzire at the moment when you start earning, as by its delivery you'll earn excess of funds to own & drive it.
Old 27th November 2011, 20:17   #513
BHPian

ON VFM ..

Swift is not a winner on that category . but the resale value.. as our frens here said .. is awesome any day compared to other cars.

Heard recently from my cousin that his Polo is developing lots of problems with braking system, he is planning to sell that car soon i guess.

Some times makes and the brand value lets u down too !!

Safe driving and proper care will make any old car look good

Both inside and outside

Cheers
-
Viki
Old 29th November 2011, 15:26   #514
BHPian

Hope this reduces the waiting period for the new swift

Maruti finalises deal to buy 1 lakh diesel engines from Fiat per year - The Economic Times
Old 29th November 2011, 17:17   #515
BHPian

I was let down by the dealer so many times about the deliveries that I have just given up on the car. Wanted to consider other options but nothing touches all the the buttons as swift does:

Punto 90Hp: love the way car drives, but hate the silver dashboard. looks really really cheap. And worried about the service

i20: expecting upgrade sometime so will not touch it at the moment. And experience with a Verna shows that it will not a be cheap to maintain

beat: tiny engine. Looking for a highway performer.

Figo: Did not drive but out of list when the car was launched. Like it in grey but otherwise looks too bland.

Fabia: Not going touch Skoda after experiencing the expensive service.

Polo: Love how the car looks. But keep seeing reports about 1.5 Liter engine. Do want to feel shot changed

Micra or Pulse: Will buy one of them as the second car. It will be for my sister

Swift: Recently launched car in the market. absolutely love the interiors. Amazing resale value. Decent mileage. Hate the way the car behind looks but I will be inside most of the time so not too worried about it. Boot space not a criteria.

Because of the delay in delivery from Maruti, I will be shelling out close to 50K extra due to prise rise and increase in road tax. But will I cancel the booking? only if I am moving away from a Hatch to sedan. otherwise Swift it is. Just hope Maruti can deliver it swiftly.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:25   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
But will I cancel the booking? only if I am moving away from a Hatch to sedan. otherwise Swift it is. Just hope Maruti can deliver it swiftly.
Quite right. Exactly my thought as well. Sometimes the waiting period gets too overwhelming (expecting the car in April next year) and I start looking for an alternative. Unfortunately all my searches lead me back to Swift.

At times am tempted to go for Vento but then hatchback is what I need.

Last edited by anandjha : 29th November 2011 at 19:26.
Old 29th November 2011, 21:20   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Because of the delay in delivery from Maruti, I will be shelling out close to 50K extra due to prise rise and increase in road tax. But will I cancel the booking? only if I am moving away from a Hatch to sedan. otherwise Swift it is. Just hope Maruti can deliver it swiftly.
How did you get a price rise of 50k? How much were you quoted for on-road?
Old 30th November 2011, 04:11   #518
BHPian

Hi Bhpains

Finally i got my swift zdi , here is the link to my thread in test drive and ownership Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports thread .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2594057

Hope you all like it .
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 07:33   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Quite right. Exactly my thought as well. Sometimes the waiting period gets too overwhelming (expecting the car in April next year) and I start looking for an alternative. Unfortunately all my searches lead me back to Swift.
However much I want to look at other cars, there are some or other points that hold me back. At this point except for the delivery period & increasing cost, Swift is no.1 on my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
How did you get a price rise of 50k? How much were you quoted for on-road?
Well approximately 50K. Price rise is due to increase in car price by 10K + increase in the associated taxes.

Road tax for second car in AP expected to go up by a minimum of 4% from tomorrow. That accounts to 30,000. Now the car cost more than 8L. At this price point my dad wants me to buy a sunny but I am looking at Swift. Unless the Auto Expo can provide some surprises

@Safari_Beast, congrats man. Enjoy your new ride. In between others who have booked ZDi, how are the deliveries schedules for you guys. In Hyderabad, the dealer hardly has any zdi bookings. They keep getting only Vdi
Old 30th November 2011, 19:04   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Hyderabad, the dealer hardly has any zdi bookings. They keep getting only Vdi
Not many bookings for the ZDI, with the delaer whom i booked the car from. When i booked he had approx 300 bookings and only 50 were ZDI he said.

Even on the roads i mostly only see VDI's the ratio is almost 1:10 or so. Its good to see more new swift's on road, i ride around 30 kms everyday and spot atleast 1 new swift and at times its as high as 5 in a day.

Also, has the waiting period for anyone reduced with strikes being called off for almost a month now ? I think the benefit of the 2nd production line on existing waiting periods will be seen only in January or Feb 2012.
Old 1st December 2011, 00:53   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Also, has the waiting period for anyone reduced with strikes being called off for almost a month now ? I think the benefit of the 2nd production line on existing waiting periods will be seen only in January or Feb 2012.
I had booked a VDi in September and during the strike period, the dealer wasn't even sure if the car would get delivered by April, 2012. But yesterday, I got a surprise call from them saying that the car has been dispatched from the Gurgaon plant and would arrive within 8-10 days. I even got a confirmation call from the Maruti guys themselves today mentioning the same.
Old 1st December 2011, 02:02   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
I had booked a VDi in September and during the strike period, the dealer wasn't even sure if the car would get delivered by April, 2012. But yesterday, I got a surprise call from them saying that the car has been dispatched from the Gurgaon plant and would arrive within 8-10 days. I even got a confirmation call from the Maruti guys themselves today mentioning the same.
Wow, this was really quick. Feeling jealous of you already

Congratulations bro. Please confirm the VIN number and check the manufacturing date and other details of the car just to be sure that there are no surprises as this delivery is really "Swift"
Old 1st December 2011, 10:20   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Wow, this was really quick. Feeling jealous of you already

Congratulations bro. Please confirm the VIN number and check the manufacturing date and other details of the car just to be sure that there are no surprises as this delivery is really "Swift"
Thanks Shome. I definitely will do that. I had doubts initially, but when the next call came straight from Gurgaon, I sensed that it is actually happening.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:25   #524
Senior - BHPian

I doubt that the same good fortune will be applicable in case of prospective owners in Bangalore. I booked end August, and my delivery time is still Jan- Feb 2012. Full six months wait period
Old 1st December 2011, 15:53   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Woah! You're getting the car in about 2.5 months time and even for a VDI that's quick! Congrats on your car and enjoy it.

The deliveries sure seem to be happening at a fast pace, i see atleast one new swift onroad everyday. I think there's some bias between dealers in south and north. Almost all southern cities have higher waiting periods when compared to cities in north

Last edited by shashank.nk : 1st December 2011 at 16:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks