Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 10:09   #706
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
arindambasu, mind telling how much the alloy and tyre combination costs? Ive gone in for 14inches since i felt 15inch might eat into the FE. How is the ride quality on medium to bad roads?
Hi,
Have sent you a PM with price details. Do post pics of your ride after the wheel and tire upgrade.

For me 15 inchers made more sense because they fill up the wheel well much better than 14 inchers. In fact even 16 inchers would fit on the Swift. As regards the fuel efficiency, the hit would be marginal, hardly anything to deter the decision to go for 15 inchers.

The ride quality is pretty good. A drives are meant for comfort, rather than outright handling like the S drives for instance. However, being 195 section and lower 60 profile, the grip is actually fantastic (from what little I have tested it, still to actually go flat out in the car) and the comfort is great. On bad roads, or potholes, the ride quality is acceptable enough for me.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th January 2012 at 10:14.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:53   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi,
Have sent you a PM with price details. Do post pics of your ride after the wheel and tire upgrade.
Hi Arindam, do you mind sharing with us all? I am sure all of us can benefit with the information.

The alloys look killer! My black ZDi is expected in a month or two. I feel these could be the right set of shoes for mine as well.

The colour looks really good. Nice, subtle yet classy.

Enjoy your drive!
Old 11th January 2012, 11:17   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hi Arindam, do you mind sharing with us all? I am sure all of us can benefit with the information.

The alloys look killer! My black ZDi is expected in a month or two. I feel these could be the right set of shoes for mine as well.

The colour looks really good. Nice, subtle yet classy.

Enjoy your drive!
Hi Shome

Thanks.

The alloys were about 28k for a set of 5. The tyres were about 4.3 k each. After exchange of the stock 14 inchers, I spent around 40k for the entire upgrade, including balancing, etc.

I actually took a long time to decide on the exact alloys that I want. I always knew that they would be Lensos, because I loved their clean yet classy designs. And then after a lot of research I narrowed down on this particular design, and bought them a week before the delivery of the car. But let me tell you- when the alloys were finally fitted and the fat meaty rubber went on, I could not stop staring at Suzie (yea thats what I call her) . It looked way way better than I had actually hoped it would. Especially the silver machined finish on the rims offset and complement the electric blue very well.

And as for the colour, though I had initially booked white, one look at a Torque Blue on the road and I immediately changed my booking to blue. Its really sporty, at the same time not loud at all. It looks the best in the day time, while at night it looks blackish blue. Its actually a brilliant alternative to the white, which has become way too common on Swifts and even other cars for that matter.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 11th January 2012 at 11:19.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:13   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Got my Swift VXi on Jan 3 2012. Here are some pics. Those tasty alloys that you see are the Lenso Samurai series 15 inchers, running Yokohama A drives 195/60 R15. Enjoy!
Hey, your car looks great with those alloys especially after seeing the Before and After images. I am sure upgrading from 165 to 195 patch tyres would feel like a world of a difference.

I suggest you also get the door impact side strips. I just got mine fitted yesterday (the body coloured ones) and the vehicle looks more "complete" from side on now.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 11th January 2012 at 12:15.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:17   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Hey, your car looks great with those alloys especially after seeing the Before and After images. I am sure upgrading from 165 to 195 patch tyres would feel like a world of a difference.

I suggest you also get the door impact side strips.
Thanks man. Yes its definitely a massive change in looks and stance after the upgrade, good example of how a sweet set of alloys can just catapult the looks of a ride many notches up!

As regards the side strips, will consider them for sure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:36   #711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If possible, ask your dealer to show you the waitlisted booking list on the computer. That way you will know your waiting number. The dealers should be able to show you that. This way you can take a call on the cancellation. I had done it in November and was shown the consolidated booking lists. The dealer rightly predicted that my car should arrive by end December.

Again, the number of cars allotted to a particular dealer in a particular city will vary.
I was informed that its 32 for ZDi at the particular dealership(irrespective of colour). This was on Dec 24th.

Can't visit the dealership now since I'm in Chennai (and booking done in trivandrum since car will be used in both states). Will be going February first week to check.
Quote:
Guys,

Got my Swift VXi on Jan 3 2012. Here are some pics. Those tasty alloys that you see are the Lenso Samurai series 15 inchers, running Yokohama A drives 195/60 R15. Enjoy!
Congrats! Tasty alloys indeed!

IMO - it would be even better if you can match the centre caps with body colour. The red looks a bit out of place against that shining blue body colour.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:41   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Congrats! Tasty alloys indeed!

IMO - it would be even better if you can match the centre caps with body colour. The red looks a bit out of place against that shining blue body colour.
Many thanks I find the blue and red combo pretty cool myself, but since you make the suggestion, will definitely give it a thought!
Old 11th January 2012, 12:42   #713
BHPian

Quote:
I was informed that its 32 for ZDi at the particular dealership(irrespective of colour). This was on Dec 24th.

Can't visit the dealership now since I'm in Chennai (and booking done in trivandrum since car will be used in both states). Will be going February first week to check.
If you can, try to get a colour wise classification on the waiting number. If you have chosen the white, chances are you might have to wait longer. Other colours could be available faster according to the dealers here. There is also the possibility of some who are ahead of you in the wait list might not wanting the car now due to price hike or the long delay. So there is always some hope.

I know a friend who booked the Torque Blue ZDi only to shorten the wait period. He was quoted 5 months for Blue and around 7-8 months for the white ZDi.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:39   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
No, Transfer of booking is not possible. Even the transfer of name (within the family) is not allowed As per SA.
Transfer Within the family is possible. I booked under my name but finally took the delivery in my Mom's name.

Swift is always there in the Black market. i was quoted 50k extra for a Vdi, for immediate delivery in October

Last edited by indian21r : 11th January 2012 at 14:41.
Old 11th January 2012, 19:26   #715
BHPian

arindambasu13

There you go basu. Mine are 14 inches. Had exchanged the stocks to 185 70 R14 & HRS H490 alloys. Costed me 16k after exchange of the old tyres & rims

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc03606.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc03604.jpg

Last edited by MutantX : 11th January 2012 at 19:27.
Old 11th January 2012, 20:19   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Not true, I had booking in my previous company name, then when I left that company I got it chagned to my name, then just before taking delviery (2 weeks before) shifted to my spouse name.

Booking was in May 2011, The first transfer was in Oct'11 and second one was Dec'11. Both the times provided relevant documents.
You do not know how happy I am to hear that. Will approach the dealer with more confidence now. Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 21:01   #717
BHPian

Quote:
My position got changed only 1 between one month. 22 in October and 21 in December. But still they are telling i can get it in mid Feb. As you told this is not based on color. You opted for blue i guess. Most of the bookings are for white so the chance for you is 50:50 either early or late. Call to the dealership and bug them frequently

What is the other option in your mind if not Swift
Old 12th January 2012, 11:51   #718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know a friend who booked the Torque Blue ZDi only to shorten the wait period. He was quoted 5 months for Blue and around 7-8 months for the white ZDi.
I have informed them to give me a call if any colour becomes available. I like Pearl white and torque blue though. (Glistening gray is also an option)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
There you go basu. Mine are 14 inches. Had exchanged the stocks to 185 70 R14 & HRS H490 alloys. Costed me 16k after exchange of the old tyres & rims
Looks good (and sporty IMO) on the pearl white car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
What is the other option in your mind if not Swift
I'm not sure, frankly!

Have considered everything below 10L, and I cannot find anything else that makes the whole family happy! Would have picked up Vento/ Scorpio if not for parking difficulties in my area.

If nothing else works - I may pick up the small K10 rocket, and replace WagonR with a bigger car 3-4 years down the line. If only K10 had optional ABS atleast!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th January 2012 at 11:53.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:56   #719
BHPian

Quote:

If nothing else works - I may pick up the small K10 rocket, and replace WagonR with a bigger car 3-4 years down the line. If only K10 had optional ABS atleast!
The Ritz is a good alternative to the Swift. It may not have the FTD factor but does most of the things right. And heck, its more spacious than the Swift. Even the Estilo has ABS option if I am not mistaken.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:20   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Ritz is a good alternative to the Swift. It may not have the FTD factor but does most of the things right. And heck, its more spacious than the Swift. Even the Estilo has ABS option if I am not mistaken.
After 5+ years with the WagonR, my main criteria for the new car purchase is the one thing WagonR was short of - FTD factor. For everything else, its been a very good car and thats why we intend to keep it for atleast 2-3 years.

Ritz makes sense to the head, but somehow I dont think I'll be happy with it. Estilo does not make sense to even the head. If its a petrol, I'll be buying from a segment below (and leave some cash reserves, so I wont get a heart attack everytime i top up the tank) and nothing from that segment catches my imagination like the Alto K10.

Anyways, once I decided Swift ZDi is worth the asking price + 6 months wait. Everything else feels like a compromise now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks