Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 14:01   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Now seriously considering whether I should bite the bullet and take the only Dec 2011 Ritz VDI ABS or the buy Punto 1.3 75bHP emotion which is available in max 20 days time. Some part of me and my family is still forcing me to take a bet on prices not increasing and just wait as I can manage without a car for 3 months.
If, I were in your position, I would have gone for the RITZ 2011 VDI with ABS, which I believe is a more practical and VFM package.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 16:46   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now seriously considering whether I should bite the bullet and take the only Dec 2011 Ritz VDI ABS or the buy Punto 1.3 75bHP emotion which is available in max 20 days time. Some part of me and my family is still forcing me to take a bet on prices not increasing and just wait as I can manage without a car for 3 months.
There is a small face lift happening with Ritz. Not sure how much of it is going to be in the interiors or mechanicals. Check the price & features of Punto & Ritz equivalent models and choose the one you think makes more sense. I personally will NOT pick up the 2011 model. As far as I know Ritz VDi ABS is a fast moving vehicle & I don't find a reason why Maruti will ship it after a month ot two after manufacturing! Try & enquire with the other dealers in your town about the waiting periods for a Ritz VDi ABS & also check whether they have any unsold pieces lying around.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th February 2012 at 16:47.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 17:06   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
My November Manufactured Swift VIN is MA3FHEB1S0016XXXX.
This 1000km oil change/synthetic oil @ 10k intervals seems to be applicable for Cars from VIN no. MA3FHEB1S00179480 i,e manufactured around 1st or 2nd week of December 2011. (based on production nos.) Anyway I will check with Maruti *** once.

In between my Swift seems to have settled around 17kmpl mark with 100%AC & City/ORR Runs. Range for full tank Auto Cutoff is around 580 km.
My VDi Vin is 14XXXX and i took delivery on dec 3 2011. 2nd free service is scheduled for tomorrow and I am changing oil this time too (even though not mentioned in 2nd free service). Lets see how it goes.

And yes, regarding FE Even I am getting similar results. Not sure if It is going to improve with the mileage. Takes 39 ltrs sharp from low fuel warning - low fuel warning and gives a max of 700kms inc city n highway.
Old 20th February 2012, 17:12   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is a small face lift happening with Ritz. Not sure how much of it is going to be in the interiors or mechanicals. CHeck the price & features of Punto & Ritz equivalent models and choose the one you think makes more sense. I personally will NOT pick up the 2011 model. As far as I know Ritz VDi ABS is a fast moving vehicle & I don't find a reason why Maruti will ship it after a month ot two after manufacturing! Try & enquire with the other dealers in your town about the waiting periods for a Ritz VDi ABS & also check whether they have any unsold pieces lying around.
Thanks. Have been following wait time for Marutis over the past few months with the dealer since I was confused between Swift ZDI & Ritz VDI ABS. In Jan, the wait time for Swift ZDI was 6 months and Ritz VDI ABS was 3 months and the dealer promised us to give ZDI in less than 4 months. Hence booked the ZDI. Ritz VDI was available immediately which I did not want.

With the imminent excise duty & price hike, was asking the dealer rep what was available immediately for which he offered a Dec 2011 VDI ABS that is in transit from Gurguan for an earlier booking, which he can give it to me in less than a couple of weeks. It is indeed surprising that Maruti has 2011 stock when there is a waiting list. The rep was mentioning that the batches they are getting this months from MSIL have a lot of Dec 2011 cars. We sort of know the rep for a while now as we have got more than 5 cars from him for our family friends. On one occassion in early 2011, he even advised us to wait for a couple of weeks to get a 2011 vehicle instead of taking 2010 ones which were available with him.

Feature wise, the new Punto dynamic is on par/better than the VDI ABS RITZ . 2012 Punto is also available before March 31st and not sure when I can get the new facelifted Ritz before that. If it is beyond March 31st, I can wait for my ZDI itself. The question is more on the financial implication i.e.

1) Is it worthwhile to wait and get my original choice - ZDI i.e pay extra with the price hike and reap later with a better resale value & M.A.SS? or

2) Buy Punto now before the potential hike saving and later loose out on the resale and T.A.S.S

As suggested by you, If I can get a 2012 Ritz VDI ABS from any of the other dealers before March 25th, I may take plunge and let my head win over heart.
Old 21st February 2012, 09:50   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info Swiftnfurious.

However where did you get this PDF file?
Old 21st February 2012, 10:03   #921
BHPian

Quote:
With the imminent excise duty & price hike, was asking the dealer rep what was available immediately
What is the likely price hike for diesel vehicles after 31st March? Any idea? I was told by DSK toyota that LIva & Etios price hike to be about 70K post budget. Is it really that high??
Old 21st February 2012, 10:34   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
What is the likely price hike for diesel vehicles after 31st March? Any idea? I was told by DSK toyota that LIva & Etios price hike to be about 70K post budget. Is it really that high??
When I enquired on the same for Maruti Dzire, they quoted the hike as atleast 40K. All these might even be speculation/rumours used by dealers for pushing their vehicles. We have to wait and watch, but if there is going to be a taxation clause approved, I would assume it would be a tariff system similar to the Road tax (a certain % of car price) and not a fixed value.
cruiser_1982 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:38   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
My VDi Vin is 14XXXX and i took delivery on dec 3 2011. 2nd free service is scheduled for tomorrow and I am changing oil this time too (even though not mentioned in 2nd free service). Lets see how it goes.
And yes, regarding FE Even I am getting similar results. Not sure if It is going to improve with the mileage. Takes 39 ltrs sharp from low fuel warning - low fuel warning and gives a max of 700kms inc city n highway.
Please post what your SA advices. In btwn I filled close to 33.5 liters for Auto Cut off.

Quote:
Quote:
Feature wise, the new Punto dynamic is on par/better than the VDI ABS RITZ . 2012 Punto is also available before March 31st and not sure when I can get the new facelifted Ritz before that. If it is beyond March 31st, I can wait for my ZDI itself. The question is more on the financial implication i.e.

1) Is it worthwhile to wait and get my original choice - ZDI i.e pay extra with the price hike and reap later with a better resale value & M.A.SS? or

2) Buy Punto now before the potential hike saving and later loose out on the resale and T.A.S.S

As suggested by you, If I can get a 2012 Ritz VDI ABS from any of the other dealers before March 25th, I may take plunge and let my head win over heart.
In the middle, we were in a Hurry to buy the car and contemplated on Ritz Vdi or Micra. The Ritz was avialable of the shelf in 3 colors. That was in November 2011. But I am really happy that I did not buy the Ritz. It is just not a Swift. Neither in Looks nor the feel.

I was at Maruti Delarship for Extended warranty last week. When I asked about frequent price rise, they said that there is an even bigger hike expected by March end for the Swift. Be prepared for this apart from any excise duty hike

If you can live with FIAT A.S.S and not too worried about resale, go for Punto. You get latest upgrade, Quick delivery as well as buffer from any price Hikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
When I enquired on the same for Maruti Dzire, they quoted the hike as atleast 40K. All these might even be speculation/rumours used by dealers for pushing their vehicles.
How can they push the vehicles if they neither deliver the vehicles in short time nor give you price as on the booking date.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:54   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
My DDIS SX4 has a periodic service scheduled every 5000km. It consumes only synthetic oil.
Did your car come with synthetic oil or was this changed during one of the service visits?

Quote:
1. The brochure says "new Swift-D". So I take it that only the diesel Swifts manufactured after the mentioned VIN will require synthetic oil.
If MUL is recommending synthetic oil for vehicles beyond a particular VIN no., shouldn't all these cars come with synthetic oil pre-filled during delivery? Makes no sense delivering these cars with mineral oil and then asking customers to shell out 4K+ during first service. What exactly is MUL upto here? My ZDi's VIN number is prior to the cut off VIN number stated above; I was adamant that the service guys replace the oil with normal mineral oil at 1K km mark.

One of my friends recently got his D-Zire ZDi and was not asked to change the oil during first service. Maybe his car came with synthetic oil from day one. The first oil change for him is at the 10K mark. That should be the standard practice if syn oil is the way MUL wants to go.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 21st February 2012 at 15:57.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:22   #925
BHPian

One of my friends has issues covering the new Swift with the OEM body cover as the (highlighted in pic) antenna could not be tilted to get the correct body cover fit. The antenna sticks out like a sore thumb!

I think many would have the same problem; anyone got a solution for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswift2011.jpg  

Last edited by mTorque : 21st February 2012 at 16:23. Reason: Typo
Old 21st February 2012, 16:34   #926
BHPian

Just completed 1100 kms in my 11 day old zdi. Had been to shirdi. Drive was awesome so was the fuel efficiency 5.2lts/100kms. There is some noise from the left rear wheel sounding like an air leak only when the engine is running hope it gets rectified tomorrow on its first service. What's the take on synthetic oil?
Old 21st February 2012, 16:46   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
One of my friends has issues covering the new Swift with the OEM body cover as the (highlighted in pic) antenna could not be tilted to get the correct body cover fit. The antenna sticks out like a sore thumb!

Can't you remove it by turning it anti-clockwise ? That's what automatic car wash people do with My Etios' antenna
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 18:16   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Did your car come with synthetic oil or was this changed during one of the service visits?
The car came with Synthetic Oil & was only replaced at 10000km 3rd free servicing by MASS.
Old 21st February 2012, 20:27   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque

I use a body cover and just allow the antenna to bend while covering the car. The antenna now has a prominent bend but it doesn't affect it's functionality. Other option is to make an incision in the body cover to allow the antenna to pass through. This will however lead to body cover tearing over a period of time from the area where you have made the incision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe
Just completed 1100 kms in my 11 day old zdi. Had been to shirdi. Drive was awesome so was the fuel efficiency 5.2lts/100kms. What's the take on synthetic oil?
I did a trip to Shirdi too before my ZDI's first service and got approximately the same FE. Synthetic oil is a no-no for a car so new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji

Can't you remove it by turning it anti-clockwise ? That's what automatic car wash people do with My Etios' antenna
Can't be done in the Swift. I would really love that feature.
Old 21st February 2012, 21:41   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
However where did you get this PDF file?
I guess this is in the long term Swift D ownership thread from Jaggu! The link is given a couple of pages before.

Quote:
Specuations are ripe that B segment will have around 80K tax. We will need to wait till te budget is over for confirmation though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
All these might even be speculation/rumours used by dealers for pushing their vehicles.
Most of the diesel cars have a waiting period now - so I would NOT think the dealers want to push their product, especially Maruti & Toyota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I was at Maruti Delarship for Extended warranty last week. When I asked about frequent price rise, they said that there is an even bigger hike expected by March end for the Swift.
Maruti is getting greedy day by day! Swift is already overpriced and where do they intend to take it? If there is additional hike in March planned by Maruti [to the diesel tax], I guess they will manage to bring down the waiting list to 2 months max! In another way, they plan to be customer centric!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st February 2012 at 21:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks