Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 21:17   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ But think on the other way also. Once green tax is implemented, price of all diesel cars will be up by a minimum of 1LK. So someone who had a plan to buy a car will start looking at base models of diesel or go for petrol. Demand for diesel cars may hit slightly but not to a big extend. Your thoughts?
If the tax is a percentage of the ex showroom price, obviously the model with highest cost will have bigger price tag! If the diesel tax is implemented, then as you said, people might go for a lower variant depending on their budget. One interesting thing I noted over the years is that, a lot of people DON'T mind the initial premium for diesel, irrespective of their running, but want to smile when they pay the bill for a full tank diesel! So I have a strong hunch, the larger portion of the customer base will stick on to diesel, but a lower variant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I strongly beleive maruti's margins are better on VDI and hence they concentrate more on manufacturing VDI's rather than ZDI's. Period.
Could be! Again I am sure Maruti has a higher demand for ABS kits than any other manufacture in India, hence a bigger shortage. I remember having a longer waiting time for a ZXi also, another part of Kerala, and the reason given was limited availability of ABS kits! This is the same reason I got from the regional office, stating they get a fixed number of kits every month leading to the shortage. The ABS kit doesn't have any Bosch reference on it, rather a different "Abs" logo ! Could NOT find anything matching it on the net though.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:15   #1022
BHPian

Bosch is making ABS unit or it is an imported one?

About diesels cars, It got the cheaper to run car in common mans mind. But these modern cheaper to maintain turbos are making it the favorite among middle class man. As long as diesel is regulated and petrol is rich mans fuel, diesels will rule
Old 5th March 2012, 22:32   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Can't believe the country's biggest manufacturer can have an problem with shortage of ABS kits. As far as I know these kits are locally manufactured by bosch, so no reason why maruti its continuing to give this lame excuse.

Does any of maruti's petrol models experience this ABS shortage? That may answer the question.

Even giving them the benefit of doubt, why have they not done anything to improve the situation for more than 6 -7 years now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Could be! Again I am sure Maruti has a higher demand for ABS kits than any other manufacture in India, hence a bigger shortage. I remember having a longer waiting time for a ZXi also, another part of Kerala, and the reason given was limited availability of ABS kits.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:10   #1024
BHPian

^^ Your reasoning on higher margins with VDI seems valid. ZDI in Chennai costs Rs 7.8L OTR, almost 90,000, more than VDI (6.9 Lakhs OTR) but one gets
1) ACC
2) Alloys
3) Electrically operated ORVM
4) Rear defogger
5) Rear wiper
6) OE music system with front components, rear co-axials, steering control
7) ABS with EBD
8) Air bags
9) Wider and better tyres(MRF/Good year Duraplus over JKs)
10) Brake booster?
11) Key less entry
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 17:33   #1025
BHPian

Got a call from dealer saying my car is in transit and will be delivered within 20 days. I will be making payment before 16th hoping that revised price after budget is not applicable for me.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 19:45   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
3) Electrically operated ORVM

You get that in VDi as standard too.
livyodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 20:27   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Got a call from dealer saying my car is in transit and will be delivered within 20 days. I will be making payment before 16th hoping that revised price after budget is not applicable for me.
Awesome man! Finally! Guess your mail had stirred up things! Its your preferred color right?
Old 6th March 2012, 21:01   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Awesome man! Finally! Guess your mail had stirred up things! Its your preferred color right?
Yes. Finally got it and made enough enemies from the dealership
Its my preferred color white. Now i need to make the payment before budget so that i can get it at current price which is 7.36 . It was 7.04 when i booked on September 26th last year
Old 7th March 2012, 09:05   #1029
BHPian

congrats @devil_klm.

On a similar note, I too have FINALLY got myself allotted a car

The car has reached Maruti stockyard and will be in the dealer stockyard in a couple of days. They have agreed on me doing a PDI. Fingers crossed until it becomes mine. You won't believe the ups and downs we went through during my 5 month wait, not to mention the 3 bookings that I have at present

Planning to pen a detailed story later. Had to make a compromise on the color, this one is T-Blue instead of my favorite white color. Life's a compromise, after all...

Can someone share the details of the OTR for ZDi in Bangalore? Mine is coming to Rs.8,16,XXX with Rs.5000 handling charges and Rs.1200 basic accessory kit. Mentioned to the dealer about the recent court order about the handling charges, but no use. (I don't have much of an option for negotiation anyway)
Old 7th March 2012, 13:55   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr

Can someone share the details of the OTR for ZDi in Bangalore? Mine is coming to Rs.8,16,XXX with Rs.5000 handling charges and Rs.1200 basic accessory kit. Mentioned to the dealer about the recent court order about the handling charges, but no use. (I don't have much of an option for negotiation anyway)
Its correct, Zdi costs 8.16L and Vdi costs 7.19L on the road in Bangalore which has highest road tax structure un the country.

I am still thinking to book new diesel swift or go for pre-owned one. Meanwhile can anyone let me know what is the recent waiting period fir vdi in Bangalore? Read zdi waiting is 8-9 months.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:09   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Had to make a compromise on the color, this one is T-Blue instead of my favorite white color. Life's a compromise, after all...
Trust me, you will be extremely happy when you park your car in a ground for a function and when you find your car easier among a pool of white Swifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I am still thinking to book new diesel swift or go for pre-owned one.
I suggest you don't go for a pre-owned one. Sky high prices & you still will find only the previous gen in the used car market. The new ones will be better as an overall package, it will reflect in your re-sale 5 years down the line too.
Old 7th March 2012, 17:42   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT - Swift (Diesel) in the pre-owned market is actually an appreciating asset

I sold my 2008 swift VDI with around 39k on the odo for 4.65 lakhs in chennai sometime in Aug 2011. Similar model is now quoted for 5 - 5.25 lakhs in the used car market, thanks to MSIL's price revision of the car.

I could have gotten much better rate if I had sold my car now compared to what I got 6 months back, what an irony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I suggest you don't go for a pre-owned one. Sky high prices & you still will find only the previous gen in the used car market. The new ones will be better as an overall package, it will reflect in your re-sale 5 years down the line too.
Old 7th March 2012, 20:00   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Slightly OT - Swift (Diesel) in the pre-owned market is actually an appreciating asset

I sold my 2008 swift VDI with around 39k on the odo for 4.65 lakhs in chennai sometime in Aug 2011. Similar model is now quoted for 5 - 5.25 lakhs in the used car market, thanks to MSIL's price revision of the car.

I could have gotten much better rate if I had sold my car now compared to what I got 6 months back, what an irony!
That's quite an interesting thing you mentioned especially since we can expect the price of a car at a given point in time to not just depend on the price trend but also the negotiating skills and most important the buyer ready to pay a good price. It's quite difficult to believe Swift VDI 2009 would now be sold at a price of 5.25-5.5 L while their on road pricing was if I am not wrong around 5.6 L so that would mean in effect in 3 years car had no depreciation.
Old 7th March 2012, 20:00   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
congrats @devil_klm.

You won't believe the ups and downs we went through during my 5 month wait, not to mention the 3 bookings that I have at present

Planning to pen a detailed story later. Had to make a compromise on the color, this one is T-Blue instead of my favorite white color. Life's a compromise, after all...

Every Swifters has a bad story to tell about their waiting period.
I guess you got through wipro corporate booking which ahd a waiting period of 2 months.
What are the basic accessories?
Mine will reach dealer between 18-20th.

ZDI owners.
Any one tried a 16GB pendrive with stereo.
Is it working fine? I am planning to buy Sandisk Cruzer fit 16GB

Last edited by devil_klm : 7th March 2012 at 20:18.
Old 7th March 2012, 20:27   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi

That's quite an interesting thing you mentioned especially since we can expect the price of a car at a given point in time to not just depend on the price trend but also the negotiating skills and most important the buyer ready to pay a good price. It's quite difficult to believe Swift VDI 2009 would now be sold at a price of 5.25-5.5 L while their on road pricing was if I am not wrong around 5.6 L so that would mean in effect in 3 years car had no depreciation.
The prices in Bangalore for pre-owned swift is too high. I have been to few if the dealers, diesel swift of 2007 cost 4.5L, 2008 4.8 L - 5L, 2009 5.2 L - 5.5 L The demand is much that we cannot negitiate, Dealers simply say take it or leave it.

To buy new one vdi has poor brakes and even dzire vdi has same brake issue. Dont want to go for zdi as its 97 K more expensive than vdi and I donot like stock audio HU and stock alloy wheels. Planned for after market alloys and ICE.

Last edited by HighOctane : 7th March 2012 at 20:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks