Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 21:19   #1036
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
ZDI owners.
Any one tried a 16GB pendrive with stereo.
Is it working fine? I am planning to buy Sandisk Cruzer fit 16GB
As per owner's manual there is limit on number of folders and files that can be recognized( maximum of 255 folders). I have used 4GB usb drive with around 40 folders in it. The player is unable to read around half of the folders for unknown reasons. I checked the file format, bitrate and sampling paramenters of all tracks in those folders and they are Ok as per compatibility list given in owner's manual. Also you cannot navigate/browse the floders if a track is playing without interrupting the play.

On a positive note it works like a breeze with iPod (I'm using iPod Nano 5th gen). Again as per owner's manual my iPod model does not figure in compatibility list.
You can navigate folders/tracks while the music is playing without interrupting it.
beast_within is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 10:09   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Every Swifters has a bad story to tell about their waiting period.
I guess you got through wipro corporate booking which ahd a waiting period of 2 months.
What are the basic accessories?
Mine will reach dealer between 18-20th.
Surprisingly, no. I got the confirmation from another dealer in Bangalore. Nothing comes free, I have to pay 1020 for basic accessory kit. I am thinking of buying a car cover and may be an anti-rust coating (need to check with 3M also for this)

Just FYI for all prospective swift buyers, when I checked there was a huge difference between the insurance amount which the dealer was quoting and the one given by Royal Sundaram directly. In my case, it was as much as 19500 vs 13500 for a normal comprehensive insurance. I've decided to take the zero-dep one, final cost will be around 17k.

Last edited by jingaboysr : 8th March 2012 at 10:10.
Old 8th March 2012, 12:16   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

The prices in Bangalore for pre-owned swift is too high. I have been to few if the dealers, diesel swift of 2007 cost 4.5L, 2008 4.8 L - 5L, 2009 5.2 L - 5.5 L The demand is much that we cannot negitiate, Dealers simply say take it or leave
cool so Swift can be as of now a very good investment where you drive it for some years and sell it back at a very good price. No wonder why people choose Maruti especially Swift which is Value for Money in true sense. I have May 2008 Swift done about 60000 Kms so can expect if I sell it to get a price of 3.5 L :-)
Old 8th March 2012, 14:48   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
May 2008 Swift done about 60000 Kms so can expect if I sell it to get a price of 3.5 L :-)
One wont get a used swift VDi of above criteria below 5L in bangalore. I bought a new one after searching for months and not finding a single sensibly priced VDi.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:07   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Mine was a may 2008 VDI too which I sold for 4.65 Lakhs back in Aug 2011. When I was enquiring for one of my colleagues a month back, the asking price is nothing less than 5 Lakhs for 2008 model - irrespective of the odo.

One another reason behind the high prices in places like bangalore and chennai is also due to the road tax which is high compared to other states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
cool so Swift can be as of now a very good investment where you drive it for some years and sell it back at a very good price. No wonder why people choose Maruti especially Swift which is Value for Money in true sense. I have May 2008 Swift done about 60000 Kms so can expect if I sell it to get a price of 3.5 L :-)
Old 8th March 2012, 20:38   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm

ZDI owners.
Any one tried a 16GB pendrive with stereo.
Is it working fine? I am planning to buy Sandisk Cruzer fit 16GB
My 320 GB external hard disk works fine with the ZDi stereo. So 16GB pen drive should work like a charm. There is of course some limit on the number of sub folders the HU will read. I am not very sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

To buy new one vdi has poor brakes and even dzire vdi has same brake issue. Dont want to go for zdi as its 97 K more expensive than vdi and I donot like stock audio HU and stock alloy wheels. Planned for after market alloys and ICE.
The stock audio has been praised by most music enthusiasts too. An aftermarket HU is also prone to thefts, the thieves generally don't care about OEM HUs. The 97K additional cost is well justified even if you leave aside the HU. The safety kit alone is worth a lot more than the 97K.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th March 2012 at 20:40.
Old 9th March 2012, 19:59   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The 97K additional cost is well justified even if you leave aside the HU. The safety kit alone is worth a lot more than the 97K.
Absolutely correct. In fact the extra amount that we are paying is for saving our life. Though we can fit ABS aftermarket, its not possible to fit airbag.Its worth to go for ZDI than VDI.

After market HU will not gel well with the curves on dashboard.
Old 9th March 2012, 20:46   #1043
Senior - BHPian

I agree with your point on safety however one small correction - ABS cannot be fitted aftermarket.

Quote:
. Though we can fit ABS aftermarket, its not possible to fit airbag.Its worth to go for ZDI than VDI.
Old 9th March 2012, 21:08   #1044
BHPian

Thanks Bala for giving the insight. I was under the impression ABS can be retrofitted but at a higher cost. So in case of any accident which damages ABS unit, we wont be able to replace it?
Old 9th March 2012, 22:16   #1045
Senior - BHPian

What I meant to say was ABS can't be retrofitted in non-ABS cars at any cost. Ofcourse it can be repaired/replaced in the event of any fault on the cars which sport this feature though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
Thanks Bala for giving the insight. I was under the impression ABS can be retrofitted but at a higher cost. So in case of any accident which damages ABS unit, we wont be able to replace it?
Old 9th March 2012, 22:26   #1046
BHPian

i was asked by the dealer if i would take a red ZDi instead of the blue i have opted for. Maruti had dispatched the red and the dealer could not get it changed to blue in time.

However, was not too keen on the red. asked him what the price hike quantum would be post the greent tax and he said there are indications from maruti that it will be in the range of 20-30k.

I decided to take my chance on the hike and stick to my choice of colour. Lets see when the wait ends..
Old 9th March 2012, 23:15   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
ABS cannot be fitted aftermarket.
Well, it can be [Google can throw you a bunch of search results in this regard]. I remember having the same belief some time back and we had a long discussion on it. Some one had infact given some links too that it can be done; can't remember which thread was that.

Quote:
Thanks Bala for giving the insight. I was under the impression ABS can be retrofitted but at a higher cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
What I meant to say was ABS can't be retrofitted in non-ABS cars at any cost.
It is very complicated job to retrofit ABS. I don't think there is a single garage in India which does this job still. But abroad, some tuners do aftermarket ABS as well. It should cost quite a lot too [Maruti charges extra 20,000/- for ABS equipped variants].

So the point is it can be done, the question is of capability of tuners to do this job.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th March 2012 at 23:17.
Old 10th March 2012, 18:14   #1048
Senior - BHPian

I should have worded it better. Actually it is possible in places like US & Europe albeit very expensive. In India, there is practically no way to get this done. There is a seperate thread in the forum that discusses this.

Either ways, earlier maruti was offering optional ABS in VDI/VXI for 20k extra which I thought was really terrific, unfortunately this doesnt hold good for the new swift as they have removed it altogether. Just imagine, how many VXI/VDI owners would have opted for this at an 20k extra, especially with its reported mediocre braking capability. Bad move by maruti, very bad move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, it can be [Google can throw you a bunch of search results in this regard]. I remember having the same belief some time back and we had a long discussion on it. Some one had infact given some links too that it can be done; can't remember which thread was that.
Old 10th March 2012, 18:18   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
i was asked by the dealer if i would take a red ZDi instead of the blue i have opted for. Maruti had dispatched the red and the dealer could not get it changed to blue in time.

However, was not too keen on the red. asked him what the price hike quantum would be post the greent tax and he said there are indications from maruti that it will be in the range of 20-30k.

I decided to take my chance on the hike and stick to my choice of colour. Lets see when the wait ends..
Is it still available with shivam? I might pick that for wifey..
Old 10th March 2012, 18:27   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe

Is it still available with shivam? I might pick that for wifey..
I am not sure.. You can call an check. If they have someone with a waiting for red it would have gone by now..

Most Viewed