Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 10:18   #1096
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Finally the wait is over.
Got our white swift delivered 2Hrs before.
Some snaps for now
Congrats! It looks fabulous in white. Do get the mud flaps as soon as possible. They complete the looks of the rear.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:02   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does it come when the A/C is completely switched off as well? Otherwise, when the A/C is running, usually there will be a humming noise. Also when your engine is HOT and when you idle, the fan starts working for 5-6 seconds giving that sound. You hear this sound with windows rolled up ?
I hear this only with the windows rolled up. I got my first service done and mentioned this to the SA. But could not show it to him as this is a very very faint sound, that comes occasionally. May be I'm being too paranoid.

I did a 1200 trip this weekend and my odo reads 1858 now Kept the revs to around 2.5 until 1000kms, and now revving occasionally until 3k. Will go beyond 3k after 2000 kms.

I noticed that the hissing sound of fuel being pumped is pretty audible when the car gets hot after a long high speed drive. I just need to stand near the silencer and I can hear it. Again, reported to the SA, and we took a look under the car. The sound comes from the fuel tank and the SA says that this is normal in the new model swift, since the fuel filter is bigger than the previous gen. Has anyone else noticed this? You can hear this anytime by putting your ears near the silencer.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:09   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I noticed that the hissing sound of fuel being pumped is pretty audible when the car gets hot after a long high speed drive. I just need to stand near the silencer and I can hear it. Again, reported to the SA, and we took a look under the car. The sound comes from the fuel tank and the SA says that this is normal in the new model swift, since the fuel filter is bigger than the previous gen. Has anyone else noticed this? You can hear this anytime by putting your ears near the silencer.
Its quite audible in my car too. Even my SA told its normal.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:25   #1099
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter vein, Putting your ears near the silencer? The folks at maruti service station would be pulling their hair apart!

Dont bother too much about these, just enjoy your car. Look at it this way - Your swift isnt rattling (or is it?) and hence you are hearing all these sounds. If so then hats off to maruti for fixing one of most annoying issues from the earlier generation swifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
You can hear this anytime by putting your ears near the silencer.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:48   #1100
BHPian

Guys from Mumbai and around, avoid servicing your beloved car at fort point thane, my relative's 6month old new swiftvdi was stolen from their workshop while it was given there for second service. Worst part is they are not taking up the responsibility . Hope they loose some business and realise what it means to loose something.
Old 27th March 2012, 01:09   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Guys from Mumbai and around, avoid servicing your beloved car at fort point thane, my relative's 6month old new swiftvdi was stolen from their workshop while it was given there for second service. Worst part is they are not taking up the responsibility . Hope they loose some business and realise what it means to loose something.
Hope your cousin has the customer copy of service sheet acknowledged by the SM, that the car is given for service. Have you guys filed an FIR? Also please make sure you keep Maruti informed about the issue thru mail. I guess it's better to get the FIR filed and then mail Maruti with the reference number.
Old 29th March 2012, 22:49   #1102
BHPian

Finally looks like i am getting my Zdi.. Made the payment today and the car is to go for registration tomorrow. I hope it can be registered by 31st and i save on the 4% extra tax being introduced in mumbai..
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 09:56   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Finally the wait is over.
Got our white swift delivered 2Hrs before.
Some snaps for now
Congrats for the new car. Looks amazing in white.

I certainly doubt, but by any chance did you get any freebies from the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Guys from Mumbai and around, avoid servicing your beloved car at fort point thane, my relative's 6month old new swiftvdi was stolen from their workshop while it was given there for second service.
Did you relative filed FIR for the matter?

What about MSIL, did they contact the company and lodged complaint against them?

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 30th March 2012 at 09:59.
Old 30th March 2012, 11:20   #1104
BHPian

Guys for my (new) Swift diesel, I have felt that within the city in slow moving traffic that the 2nd gear is too low & the third too high so i end up having to keep shifting the gear between the two whenever there is a gap OR in cases like if there are multiple speed breakers with about 100 ~ 200 meters in between & i am in 2nd, but can't keep it in that slot till the next as it's too low & slow but when i shift up & accelerate i know i have to shift down again for the next bump & that's where the confusion comes to hold on to 3rd riding the clutch or back to 2nd. Hope the question came out clearly

advise.
Old 30th March 2012, 13:52   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Guys for my (new) Swift diesel, I have felt that within the city in slow moving traffic that the 2nd gear is too low & the third too high so i end up having to keep shifting the gear between the two whenever there is a gap OR in cases like if there are multiple speed breakers with about 100 ~ 200 meters in between & i am in 2nd, but can't keep it in that slot till the next as it's too low & slow but when i shift up & accelerate i know i have to shift down again for the next bump & that's where the confusion comes to hold on to 3rd riding the clutch or back to 2nd. Hope the question came out clearly

advise.
I've faced the problem between 1st and 2nd gear in slow moving traffic, when you are almost coming to a halt, but not quite stationary, I sometimes have to stop and slot into first, otherwise I tend to ride the clutch a little in second.

Coming to your problem, I feel the second and third gears are sufficiently far apart so that you don't have to frequently shift back and forth. What rpm are you shifting? I tend to hold on to second until 2300-2500 rpm if I know I have to slow down a few meters ahead. I'd always advise you against riding the clutch.
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 22:21   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Finally looks like i am getting my Zdi.. Made the payment today and the car is to go for registration tomorrow. I hope it can be registered by 31st and i save on the 4% extra tax being introduced in mumbai..
An update. I had spoken to the dealer in the morning and was set to take delivery tomorrow. However, i received a call late in the evening and my heart skipped a beat. My luck with getting a car has not exactly been great.

But, all was not lost. The tax for the car has been paid and I have managed to save the 4% hike in duty (the only good news i have heard since i last started the process of buying a car last june!), but the number will be given only on Monday. So I will have to hold on until then to get my hands on the beauty.
Old 1st April 2012, 16:37   #1107
BHPian

Went to the dealer workshop to get a glimpse of my car before i get to bring her home. Couldnt stop feasting my eyes, and now even after having waited over 8 months for jazz and swift, i am finding it difficult to wait another day!

heres a glimpse
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_0746.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2012, 00:02   #1108
BHPian

Congrats! It's raining blue swifts lately! Mine's too a Zdi. I'm just back from a first drive of my friend's blue vdi
Old 2nd April 2012, 00:50   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19

Congrats for the new car. Looks amazing in white.

I certainly doubt, but by any chance did you get any freebies from the dealer?

Did you relative filed FIR for the matter?

What about MSIL, did they contact the company and lodged complaint against them?
Maruti is helping him. They have asked the dealer to bear the difference amount after insurance claim for a new car. The glitch is time being taken. Dealer has given him a loaner car till he gets his new one.
docaxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:53   #1110
BHPian

Yesterday after the car was in the bright hot direct sun of Pune from morning till about 2 in the afternoon, when I got into the car & switched on the ac, there was a whirring sound from the left hand side vent area like that of an old laptop fan or that hand held fan which was real irritating at low speeds & even after i increased the speed of the fan/ac it still remained through out the about hour long drive.
It didn't happen in any of the later drives that day nor during the drive from Pune back to Mumbai. Anyone know the reason for such a sound? Should i get it checked immediately or wait for the 5k service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks