Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 10:41   #1171
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have finally got a call from dealer that i will be getting the car in 2 weeks. The car has been allotted and is in transit. the dealer doesn't know the vin number though and he says he will inform me the vin once he gets the car to his yard. The car is torque blue zdi as per my bookings.

What about you guys when did you get your vin number?
Congrat geeash. Personally I feel, the blue is the best looking color for the new Swift. Where did you book your car in Chennai? What is the OTR price?
Old 26th April 2012, 17:28   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

Congrat geeash. Personally I feel, the blue is the best looking color for the new Swift. Where did you book your car in Chennai? What is the OTR price?
Booked at vishnu cars chrome chennai. Otr 7.97
Old 26th April 2012, 20:49   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
I have finally got a call from dealer that i will be getting the car in 2 weeks. The car has been allotted and is in transit. the dealer doesn't know the vin number though and he says he will inform me the vin once he gets the car to his yard. The car is torque blue zdi as per my bookings.

What about you guys when did you get your vin number?
Congrats geeash. I didnot got the VIN number but they give me engine and chasis number when my car was dispatched from plant
Old 27th April 2012, 15:35   #1174
Senior - BHPian

The harassment starts now !!

The car has left the factory only a couple of days before and the dealer wants me to complete the monetary formalities within 2 days now. the dealer had told me that the car would take 12 days time to reach chennai. i have just applied for car loan and is on the process of negotiation of the loan rates with various banks. Now today when i went to the dealer the SA was not there but another man in told me that the formalities has to be finished in couple of days. i bluntly refused and gave them left and right and asked them why it was not communicated earlier. They are saying that it is the rules to complete all the car loan process and make payment of the rest of the money once car has left the factory

They are also not willing to give me a vin, engine, chassis number saying it will be given only when monetary formalities are finished? what a shocker again !!

guys can you help me out? can you guys tell me what you did with your car loan and other payments? what about this vin number, chassis number, engine number? how am i supposed to know that it is my car that has left the factory and they are not routing someone else car? is there any other way to contact msil and ask them if there is any protocols in monetary formalities and to put up a word of harassment of the dealer to keep them in check?

please do reply

Last edited by geeash : 27th April 2012 at 15:37.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:44   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Booked at vishnu cars chrome chennai. Otr 7.97
Congrats Sir. If the vehicle is allotted to you or in transit, then they should have the VIN number and not wait for the vehicle to arrive at the yard. It may take a few more follow ups to get the VIN.

BTW, I am still waiting for my red swift booked a few days after yours. Perhaps there is more demand for red than blue.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:48   #1176
BHPian

Quote:

The car has left the factory only a couple of days before and the dealer wants me to complete the monetary formalities within 2 days now. the dealer had told me that the car would take 12 days time to reach chennai. i have just applied for car loan and is on the process of negotiation of the loan rates with various banks. Now today when i went to the dealer the SA was not there but another man in told me that the formalities has to be finished in couple of days. i bluntly refused and gave them left and right and asked them why it was not communicated earlier. They are saying that it is the rules to complete all the car loan process and make payment of the rest of the money once car has left the factory

They are also not willing to give me a vin, engine, chassis number saying it will be given only when monetary formalities are finished? what a shocker again !!

guys can you help me out? can you guys tell me what you did with your car loan and other payments? what about this vin number, chassis number, engine number? how am i supposed to know that it is my car that has left the factory and they are not routing someone else car? is there any other way to contact msil and ask them if there is any protocols in monetary formalities and to put up a word of harassment of the dealer to keep them in check?

please do reply
geeash, this is the usual procedure with all swift deliveries. Once the car has left the factory, you can start off with the finance formalities. You can get your loan approved but do not dispense the payment. Instead, you can opt to wait till the dealer gives the VIN number.

The usual say from the dealers is that, they will do a PDI and will give the VIN number to the customer only after the car passes the PDI. I feel their stand is correct as there is a possibility that the car might get damanged during transit.

Dont worry much, wait for your swift to arrive, make the payment and enjoy driving it. Just make sure we get the basics right to keep the dealer in check. Do update us your delivery experience.
Old 27th April 2012, 20:34   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Congrats Sir. If the vehicle is allotted to you or in transit, then they should have the VIN number and not wait for the vehicle to arrive at the yard. It may take a few more follow ups to get the VIN.

BTW, I am still waiting for my red swift booked a few days after yours. Perhaps there is more demand for red than blue.
Sridhar when did you book your Red Swift? Is it a ZDI or VDI? Demand is more for VDI & thus their production volume is higher. White is the most sought after color for Swift, thereafter other color comes in.

I have also booked a red Swift ZDI still waiting for a confirmation of Delivery date, though expected delivery date is one month after i booked Swift with Lease Plan Guys.
Old 27th April 2012, 22:07   #1178
BHPian

Quote:

When my car had left the factory, i was called by the SA and asked to make payment asap. He said nothing about making it in 2 days flat, although they did push payment. I think thats normal for any sales guy.

I was given the engine and chassis number that very day. VIN no. wasnt available with them though.

Hope this helps
Old 28th April 2012, 11:51   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Sridhar when did you book your Red Swift? Is it a ZDI or VDI? Demand is more for VDI & thus their production volume is higher. White is the most sought after color for Swift, thereafter other color comes in.
I booked my red ZDI on 9th of Jan. At that time, the official wait time was 6 months and was told that they could get me one in 4 months. The dealer has been offering me a VDI instead every month but I chose to wait for the ZDI due to the break issues reported on this forum.

BTW, For people wondering whether the Indian Swift is as good as the Euro one which has good rating may find the below interesting

My friend's new swift ZDI was rammed by a lorry head on at least 40 kmph (could be more) in a two lane road. My friend after seeing the oncoming lorry on his lane tried to shift left as much as possible and got the vehicle to almost stand still but the lorry driver did not make any attempt to slow down, hit the swift and banged against a tree and stopped. The front right portion caved in almost till the A-Pillar but fortunately both him and the other front passenger survived with very very minor injuries.

The vehicle was repaired by MSM Chennai and took a month for the spares to arrive apart from their work load there. The MSM guys mentioned that the new swift has a more modular construction than the old one and it was a learning experience for them to restore the vehicle. There were minor damages to the chassis but the dash, the steering column etc. had to be replaced. My friend who usually wears seat belt did not do this time and the air bags did not deploy which could have prevented the minor injuries though.
Sridhar K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 12:09   #1180
Senior - BHPian

As others have suggested, please get your loan approved and provide the loan approval letter/confirmation to the dealer. The payment doesn't have to be disbursed. This proof is enough for them for the time being and you can ask the bank to release the payment upon completion of PDI and you checking the car.

If the dealer still continues to behave in a unprofessional manner with you, Just register a complaint with MSIL on dealer behaviour and that should fix them for good. Do let us know how it goes.

Quote:

The car has left the factory only a couple of days before and the dealer wants me to complete the monetary formalities within 2 days now.
He would have definitely learnt his lesson, but just wanted to clarify, deployment of airbags have nothing to do with wearing of seat belt. In this case, going by the description, the impact of the collision was more towards the right side of the car which didn't activate the collision sensors which are placed on the front bumpers (usually on either side of the license plate).

Quote:
My friend who usually wears seat belt did not do this time and the air bags did not deploy which could have prevented the minor injuries though.

Last edited by bala80 : 28th April 2012 at 12:14.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:39   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
They are saying that it is the rules to complete all the car loan process and make payment of the rest of the money once car has left the factory

In my case, Delaer informed me that car is on the way. After it arrived at their Yard, they gave me the option to check the car, do a PDI etc. Only after I saw the car in person did I start my formalities for Loan etc. It was my right of first refusal whether to take the car or not.

This is not an acceptable phenomenon at all. After you have booked and waited for so long this kind of treatment is just harassment. End of the day they have never guaranteed you delivery on a particular date for you to keep the Funds ready. So they do not have any right to force you pay until you have seen the car. And which bank will give you the loan without even knowing car details. Ask them show their rule book first Sometimes Maruti Sales team seems to testing the patience just because they are over booked. This kind of behavior is not good for any organization in the long run.

Surprised to see that Majority of you have been asked to make payments the immediately after car left the factory. In my case, I was leaving the town on Sunday. My loan got approved on Saturday but check was not ready. The dealership gave me the car even before they got final disbursement. Looks like I should have been very happy with that experience.

Last edited by indian21r : 28th April 2012 at 12:49. Reason: Commenting on others post
Old 29th April 2012, 09:28   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

He would have definitely learnt his lesson, but just wanted to clarify, deployment of airbags have nothing to do with wearing of seat belt. In this case, going by the description, the impact of the collision was more towards the right side of the car which didn't activate the collision sensors which are placed on the front bumpers (usually on either side of the license plate).
Thanks for the clarification. Isn't there a feature in some cars where air bags won't deploy if if seat belts are not worn? If yes, does it apply to the new Swift?

Yes, you are right, the collission was on the right side of the car and he was complaining that the air bags did not get deployed which he wants to take up with MSIL. I will try to get the photos posted here once I receive them from my friend
Old 29th April 2012, 18:11   #1183
Senior - BHPian

In some high end cars - yes. There is usually an sensor to detect if the seat has been occupied or not depending on the weight and in the case of it not being occupied, the airbag's dont deploy. There is a link in the forum which discusses this in detail, cant find it now, will post it here if I manage to find it.

On all other cars which doesnt have such sensors, there will be a passenger airbag on/off switch provided, which we can manually control the passenger side airbag. It is a given that when the vehicle is in motion the driver airbag will be active and hence no such seperate control for driver side airbag. I haven't seen the new swift but this should have been mentioned in the ownership manual. I have the maintanence manual for the old swift and will find out about the airbag off switch from there and let you know.

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Isn't there a feature in some cars where air bags won't deploy if if seat belts are not worn? If yes, does it apply to the new Swift?
Sorry for the back to back posts, I couldnt edit my previous post now since the time limit has elapsed. If possible, please merge this with my earlier post.

@Sridhar K - Please find the link to the posts that discusses the airbag deployment mechanism in great detail. Hope you find this useful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2288317

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th April 2012 at 09:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged on request. Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 23:23   #1184
BHPian

Guys have booked a blazing red metallic zdi with Motorcraft ghaziabad and have been given OTR of 754,918/-. Breakup as follows:
1. Ex showroom- 676,933/-
2. Extended 3rd yr warranty- 3,620/-
3. Road tax ghaziabad - 48485/-
4. Insurance(3rd party- bajaj)- 19,249/-
4. Other charges(handling)- 4,500/-
5. Basic kit ( mud flaps etc)- 1800/-
No freebies and delivery period of 6-8 weeks.
Need a review if above is not a cheat of a deal. Also the sales rep refused to let me go for insurance outside (wanted zero dep) stating it to be maruti policy . I have asked him to issue me a letter for the same .
Please advise .
Old 30th April 2012, 09:30   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Need a review if above is not a cheat of a deal. Also the sales rep refused to let me go for insurance outside (wanted zero dep) stating it to be maruti policy . I have asked him to issue me a letter for the same .
Please advise .
Not sure about the deal (others from NCR can advise). Regd. Insurance, you can definitely get it done on your own from outside - I also went with Tata-AIG to get a 0% depreciation policy. The SA was unhappy, but i explained to him the features and that i am going to pay more than what Maruti insurance costs
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks