Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2012, 16:44   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

Spot on, polished a no. of times & after a while the scratches re-appear. A service advisor at the dealership advised my friend to go in for dashboard paint. He said its a special thing for dashboards. I stopped my friend from getting any such thing done. I've never heard of any such paint previously.

Ok. For an HU install, is the whole dash opened up or just the faceplate?

Could'nt have agreed more, the interiors of Swift are of poor quality. Light materials are used & shiny plastics on top. I've come to the conclusion that Swift is not a great car but just selling due to Marutis sales/waiting gimmicks & Indian herd mentality. Many other cars I test drove in the segment are of better quality. Also with Maruti, its now all about quantity & quality has suffered drastically. There is absolutely nothing in the Swift that makes it superior to the competition. These are the words of a Swift owner.

Maruti dealers are a whole new chapter, customers are not treated well & dealings are poor. An appeal to all those who have booked a Maruti or waiting to get one, please check out the competition once again, there are better choices.
Yours looks like an isolated case of poor dealership. I wouldn't go that far and apply that rule to all Maruti dealerships. If you have complaints, you can talk or write to Maruti directly. It may not help in getting scratches off the dashboard but will affect the dealer's reputation. In your case, Maruti should replace the entire dash if you had brought this to their attention at the time of delivery. My ZDi had a missing AC luver slider which was notified to the dealer at the time of delivery. I got it fixed the very next day.

Sure, there are betters quality cars in the market but they fall short in other areas. The Swift ticks most of the right boxes. It does have it share of cons but that does not make it a bad car. The herd mentality would not last for 7 years if the car was so bad. Mind you, the earlier Swift had poorer interiors and was quite a rattle box. In that respect, the new Swift is much better.
Old 15th July 2012, 16:56   #1457
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I'm running on the same tyre specs and have been maintaining 31F 29R. Either this or you can go with 30 in all 4 tyres.

That's a sweet deal. I did the upgrade just like you way back in Jan but paid 9K. And there was no Swiss knife offer either.
thanks! i had got this deal back in march when i got delivery.

I had been running 30 all round, but a couple of people have suggested running 33 up front and 32 at the rear.

Also i see you are in mumbai. whats the driving condition for your swift and what mileage do you get? i drive in bumper to bumper almost 80% of the distance, but am getting only 13.5 kmpl tank ful to tankful.
Old 15th July 2012, 17:27   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

thanks! i had got this deal back in march when i got delivery.

I had been running 30 all round, but a couple of people have suggested running 33 up front and 32 at the rear.

Also i see you are in mumbai. whats the driving condition for your swift and what mileage do you get? i drive in bumper to bumper almost 80% of the distance, but am getting only 13.5 kmpl tank ful to tankful.
33F 32R will be too bouncy for the car. Even the stock 65 profile ZDi tyres have lower recommended pressures.

My driving is 90-95% in city conditions, mostly bumper to bumper. I consistently get around 14-15 as per the MID (I reset the avg FE reading after every tank full). Manual calculations based on tankfull method yield around 13-14. It is fairly acceptable IMO with the traffic conditions here.
Old 16th July 2012, 11:24   #1459
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
If you have complaints, you can talk or write to Maruti directly.In your case, Maruti should replace the entire dash if you had brought this to their attention at the time of delivery
My friend has written to Maruti about the dealers poor customer support. The woes are many:

- During billing of the vehicle a break-up of costs was not given(temp
regs, no. plates, etc).
- No receipts for temp. no., no. plates, etc.
- 3rd. yr. warranty was pushed for.

- Bumper scratches
- Dash scratches
- Bule lines allover

- Blower making strange noises.

My friend brought the dash scratches thing to the notice of the dealer immediately after delivery but the dealer just polished the surface & said could not do anything more. Now after a week or so, he's written to Maruti & the dealer contacted him to bring the car for a check. He took the car, the delaer again maintained that nothing could be done about it. The service advisor asked my friend to sign a customer satisfaction form, he declined because the issue not resolved. The exec. took 2 days time from him to ask for approval to change dash from GM/Owner. My friend is still waiting for a revert back, today is the 2nd day.

Now if the dealer doesn't change the dash, what options does my friend have?

Regarding my car, its done ~50km & ~ 25days old now. Received a call today to bring in the car for 1st. service in a couple of days. Should I get the 1st. service done so early or drive 1000kms. first?
Old 16th July 2012, 12:38   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

33 fronts and 32 rears are too high, especially the rears. Go for 32 upfront and 29 rears. The ride will be less bouncy and more comfortable along with better performance. Unless you are a mileage freak

I keep the pressures as mentioned above and also fill nitrogen. I have realized that the performance during high speed drives remains the same with N2 and also maintains throughout the drive. No fear of tyre bursting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
My friend has written to Maruti about the dealers poor customer support. The woes are many:

- During billing of the vehicle a break-up of costs was not given(temp
regs, no. plates, etc).
- No receipts for temp. no., no. plates, etc.
- 3rd. yr. warranty was pushed for.

- Bumper scratches
- Dash scratches
- Bule lines allover

- Blower making strange noises.

My friend brought the dash scratches thing to the notice of the dealer immediately after delivery but the dealer just polished the surface & said could not do anything more. Now after a week or so, he's written to Maruti & the dealer contacted him to bring the car for a check. He took the car, the delaer again maintained that nothing could be done about it. The service advisor asked my friend to sign a customer satisfaction form, he declined because the issue not resolved. The exec. took 2 days time from him to ask for approval to change dash from GM/Owner. My friend is still waiting for a revert back, today is the 2nd day.

Now if the dealer doesn't change the dash, what options does my friend have?

Regarding my car, its done ~50km & ~ 25days old now. Received a call today to bring in the car for 1st. service in a couple of days. Should I get the 1st. service done so early or drive 1000kms. first?
It's good to know that your friend has brought it to Marutis notice. Has he received a response yet? The problem here is that the delivery was taken before this issue was recognized. Changing the dash is not at all advisable. Very very susceptible rattles in the near future. Was a PDI not done properly? My suggestion is to leave it as is unless it is very very bad. Wait for a direct response from Maruti before you let the dealer do anything if it has to be replaced.

I agree that the interiors are not top notch for the swift but its not that pathetic as well. I find it quite adequate. I will not agree with your previous comment about the Herd mentality being one of the reasons for high sales. Swift ticks too many boxes to overlook it only for the interiors (which I again say are not premium but very close to it).

DO NOT miss out on the first service. It has to be done within a month or 1500 kms if I am not wrong and whichever is earlier. MASS will just get a reason to void your warranty if you miss out on a scheduled service. Make sure you do the service. It will cost you nothing other than topping up the wiper fluid with the additive which I believe as about 13 odd rupees.

Last edited by Shome : 16th July 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Incomplete answer
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 12:48   #1461
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
It's good to know that your friend has brought it to Marutis notice. Has he received a response yet?
DO NOT miss out on the first service. It has to be done within a month or 1500 kms if I am not wrong and whichever is earlier. MASS will just get a reason to void your warranty if you miss out on a scheduled service. Make sure you do the service
Yes my friend has brought the dash scratches issue to Marutis notice. He emailed Maruti. Maruti forwarded the mail to local dealer, after which the dealer called him & asked him to bring his car for a check. He took the car, dealer said nothing could be done to remove the scratches from the dash, my asked them to fit a new dash insted. Dealer has asked him to wait for 2-3 days for them to take necessary approvals. Friend says he's not very confident that Dealer will replace the dash.

Thanks on the service advise. I was thinking of driving the car for 1000kms. & then taking it for service. Never knew Warranty could be voided if 1 month schedule is not adhered.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:59   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Yes my friend has brought the dash scratches issue to Marutis notice. He emailed Maruti. Maruti forwarded the mail to local dealer, after which the dealer called him & asked him to bring his car for a check. He took the car, dealer said nothing could be done to remove the scratches from the dash, my asked them to fit a new dash insted. Dealer has asked him to wait for 2-3 days for them to take necessary approvals. Friend says he's not very confident that Dealer will replace the dash.

Thanks on the service advise. I was thinking of driving the car for 1000kms. & then taking it for service. Never knew Warranty could be voided if 1 month schedule is not adhered.
The problem is, Maruti would say good-will gesture but there is no good will in replacing a damaged dash. Can you please let me know which city you are from? and which dealer your friend had approached.
Old 16th July 2012, 13:09   #1463
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Maruti would say good-will gesture but there is no good will in replacing a damaged dash
Maruti could say that but the fact of the matter remains that my friend paid the entire amount to buy a new car. The car delivered had scratch marks on the dash. Now its both Dealers & Marutis duty to rectify that mistake. Problem is that what are the options if the dealer doesn't do the job?
Old 18th July 2012, 16:11   #1464
AWD
BHPian

No word from Dealer or Maruti on Dash change on my friends car.

My car is showing wrong time. How to change it? Also how to get correct FE & Range throught the meter?

Car's done ~115kms now, nearing 1 month of ownership. So should I take it for 1st. service or wait till it hits 1000kms. mark?
Old 18th July 2012, 21:32   #1465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

My car is showing wrong time. How to change it? Also how to get correct FE & Range throught the meter?
There should be a reset knob for the time and fuel efficiency distance measurement. The next time you tank up, just reset the fuel efficiency figures and it should measure the FE from then on, for the distance you accumulate from the reset reading.

Quote:
Car's done ~115kms now, nearing 1 month of ownership. So should I take it for 1st. service or wait till it hits 1000kms. mark?
It will be a 1000km or 1 month type of service deadline, whichever is earlier.

If the 1 month date arrives earlier than you hit 1000km, you should get it serviced now (by date rather than by odometer reading). The same holds good for the next services also - the free service coupons will expire if you wait till you hit only the odometer reading . Some dealers will not entertain a free service coupon even 1 day after the period mentioned on the coupon.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 22:30   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

To adjust the time, you need to press and hold down both the stalks in the MID till the time displayed starts blinking. Then turn the right side stalk slowly to adjust the hour, then press the right stalk to move to the "minute" adjustment and repeat the procedure.

115 km in 1 month is seriously low running. You need to take the car out more often ;-). You will need to get the car serviced after 1 month even if you haven't done 1000 km. The dealers will allow some margin on the 1 month schedule but don't stretch it too far.
fuel_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 23:08   #1467
Senior - BHPian

When I had my previous gen Swift VDi, I conveniently skipped the 5k service and went in for the 10k service. The manual states that it's an inspection service, so did the inspection myself! Done likewise with my Ertiga too.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:39   #1468
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Some dealers will not entertain a free service coupon even 1 day after the period mentioned on the coupon.
Yes the dealer here is like that I guess. Will get the service done.

Quote:
To adjust the time, you need to press and hold down both the stalks in the MID till the time displayed starts blinking.
115 km in 1 month is seriously low running
Will try to fix the time the way you said.

Yup running is low mostly as I had mentioned earlier, did not like the the car initially, even thought of selling but then felt I should give it a chance to actually show its potential. Now Im using it on a regular basis, coming to terms with some short-comings but the FE displays still shows ~ 7.5kmpl.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:12   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

Yup running is low mostly as I had mentioned earlier, did not like the the car initially, even thought of selling but then felt I should give it a chance to actually show its potential. Now Im using it on a regular basis, coming to terms with some short-comings but the FE displays still shows ~ 7.5kmpl.
Did you not do a TD of the car before buying? Looks like you got a lemon in many respects. Shame on the dealer for this. I hope you can have the issues fixed. Selling a car so early is not advisable. You will lose big time on depreciation.

7.5 kpl is low but with more usage it should improve. It certainly will.
Old 23rd July 2012, 08:48   #1470
Senior - BHPian

XtraPremium in 1.2VVT

I've started using XtraPremium in my VXI for the first time since Friday and i've found that there is a cosniderable difference in the way in which engine behaves. Engine feels smoother and then low end pulling has increased. My cousin who has the older 1.2 Swift used to tell me how the low end torque lacked in the VVT compared to his Swift but now after driving with xtraPremium he has agreed that it pulls better compared to before. Earlier the engine used to feel a bit lethargic below 2.5k rpm in third and 4th gear but now its more eager to pick up the pace in 3rd and 4th below 2.5kRPM with AC on and 2 onboard.

I used to put XtraPremium in my AStar and has noticed better performance and smoother engine but i never tried it in my Swift until now. The car has done only 2k kms so far and i think i will stick with xtraPremium or Power for as long as i can afford it.

Is the Kagu 3D mat available for the new Swift? What the dealer showed me was for 2005-11 Swift and it wasn't a perfect fit.

Last edited by Sankar : 23rd July 2012 at 08:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks