Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 18:05   #286
BHPian

Re: People who booked Swift , "A harrased lot ".

I don"t understand where the "harrased lot " comment comes from , as far as i can make out from your post Maruti has been providing you updates on the status of the car and even offered a replacement
Old 8th October 2011, 18:18   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
I don"t understand where the "harrased lot " comment comes from , as far as i can make out from your post Maruti has been providing you updates on the status of the car and even offered a replacement
Ditto... and they have refunded your money right? So?
Old 8th October 2011, 18:19   #288
BHPian

I had booked my Swift Zdi on 20th Aug. The dealer has told me that delivery would be around 1st week of Nov. I am not sure of that either, it might stretch till Nov end.
Old 8th October 2011, 18:25   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Well I dont know what's your definition of harassment. But have you waited for a vehicle for more than 6 months. Have you visited a dealer for your vehicle for more than 30 times. From the last 2 months I have been given an assurance that I will get my car by next weak. And that next weak never comes. What will you feel after paying 6.5 lacs for you car and still don't get one even after one month. What updates are you talking about , the only letter which I get 6 months of booking and one month after paying the full amount , stating that " I have really co-operated and should do the same for another 2 more months.

Dear I have really paid for the car and not day dreaming . Step into my shoes and hope you might not loose your temper in front of the maruti dealer who is taking me for a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
and they have refunded your money right? So?
Wrong . The manager told me that he will call back after discussing it with the owner.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2011 at 18:53.
Old 8th October 2011, 18:37   #290
Senior - BHPian

Mr.Grewal, can you tell me if you have lodged a complaint with Maruti itself and have received a ticket number against the same ?
I can understand your plight and have been through the same while getting my Swift. I had sent a mail to Maruti at contact@maruti.co.in , and got a response with a ticket number soon thereafter (same day).
I am sure the Chandigarh Maruti office is hand in glove with the dealer, and they are playing around with the bookings. I highly recommend you get in touch with Maruti directly.
Old 8th October 2011, 18:39   #291
Senior - BHPian

I am going to book the Swift ZDI soon, and the news is hardly comforting.

Could it be that the dealer gave the car allotted to you to some other customer?
Dealers are known for this! Waiting for a car for 6 months itself is a huge wait and on top of it to be told to wait an additional 2 months can be very frustrating
Old 8th October 2011, 18:56   #292
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I would advice that remain with Swift ZDI option by asking the dealer to keep the minimum booking amount and refund the balance.

Use your current car and wait out 2011. With the workers on strike again you would have delays as it is not in MSIL's control. The positives will be that you will get a 2012 model and you may not have quality issues as we have read the workers are sabotaging cars.

Following threads are important

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lity-cars.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-30-days.html

Cheers

KPS
Old 8th October 2011, 19:00   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Mr.Grewal, can you tell me if you have lodged a complaint with Maruti itself and have received a ticket number against the same ?
I can understand your plight and have been through the same while getting my Swift. I had sent a mail to Maruti at contact@maruti.co.in , and got a response with a ticket number soon thereafter (same day).
I am sure the Chandigarh Maruti office is hand in glove with the dealer, and they are playing around with the bookings. I highly recommend you get in touch with Maruti directly.
No Dear I have not yet filed a complaint with maruti yet. But you know what the dealer had been maintaining all through the period maruti was having strike is that they are not receiving any swift since there is no production going on . But on the other hand Maruti stated everywhere in the media that They are producing 500 - 700 pcs every day ( which is there usual production ) . But yesterday when I inquired with their regional office , they said that they now are giving vehicles which were booked in February. How can this be possible . Then where did all the swift go which were being produced since 3rd July at manesar before and after the strike began. And secondly I have talked to many New Swift owners who said that they have paid 35k premium to get instant delivery without bothering to book one. I think I will write an e-mail tomorrow to Maruti itself.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:02   #294
BHPian

hi ps grewal at which dealer did you book you swift?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2011 at 19:06.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:10   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Could it be that the dealer gave the car allotted to you to some other customer?
It is happening for sure.
I booked ZDI on 26th September and waiting period is 9 months.
Allotment process should become more transparent as mahendras, where the customer can track his seniority online.
Maruti has a production capacity of 17500 Swift/month now(provided no isues in plant).
They might have started the production 3-4 months before the launch of the car.
In this case also at least half of the bookings they had to be able to clear now(total booking now is 108000).
What is happening to the cars produced at the plant?
Who are getting these vehicles?
Clearly we are getting cheated.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:14   #296

Note from Mod : STRICTLY no SMS language on this forum. And restrict those smilies to only 2 / post please.

My first post i guess. Always used to be an avid reader (only) of TBHP.

Even I would rate the waiting period for the new Swift to be the most irritant part. But not anymore . I got my beauty (white VDi) 10 days ago.

I booked mine on June 1st (older model) from ABT guindy (Chennai) and had been waiting endlessly. I used to nag the ABT Representative every now n then and I would guess, bcoz of that only I got mine.

NOTE: This vehicle is really worth for the wait. I'm really enjoying every bit of it. The new Swift have lost little bit of the monstrous DNA of the earlier diesel and the turbo kicks in little late. But handling is just spot on n it feels very well planted. I'm getting a mileage of 17.9 for city driving. Boot space is a disappointment, but I dont care. IMHO, those who are waiting, please hold on.

Cheers...

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2011 at 13:42. Reason: Note Inline
man_xzone is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th October 2011, 19:19   #297
Senior - BHPian

I was planning for a Swift VDi in June 2011. I was asked to wait about 6-7 months when inquired with the showroom. Dropped the plan of Swift and went for a i20 CRDi. Got it within a month and now I'm enjoying every mile with this beautiful hatch.
Old 8th October 2011, 20:04   #298
BHPian

I feel that the title of this thread is a bit misleading. If a considerable number of people feel same then we can request the mods to change the title of this thread to something milder.

Grewal, hope you have learnt not to make full payment of a car before seeing it in flesh no matter what the waiting time is. This gives the dealer an upper hand and they resort to methods like giving you a VDi which has probably been rejected by another customer after finding some manufacturing fault(s) or like charging more than the written price. In such cases, you are at weak spot since lacs of your money is with them.
Old 8th October 2011, 20:37   #299
Senior - BHPian

Reading the posts , it sure seems that the title is misleading . I for one do not understand why people would just pay the full amount without having a visibility on the delivery timelines of the car - is it to curry favour to the dealer so that "apna number" thhoda jaldi aaye ? Either money is too easy to come by or we sometimes choose to rest the logical part of our mind .

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I was planning for a Swift VDi in June 2011. I was asked to wait about 6-7 months when inquired with the showroom. Dropped the plan of Swift and went for a i20 CRDi. Got it within a month and now I'm enjoying every mile with this beautiful hatch.
With all due respect to i20 which has its features , I would still think that the 5-6 months of incremental wait for Swift VDi is definitely worth it . The Swift's handling is a few notches above i20 and the driving pleasure is something that the i20 would not be able to match
Old 8th October 2011, 20:41   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
My first choice still remains a Swift due to it high resale value and seriously a good product. And The only second option that I feel relevant is I20. But in I20 I do not get many safety features .
I would have surely gone for an i 20 or the polo not waiting for so long for it, reason being A car is a car is a car If it is not available to transport me from one place to another for 6 months it does not deserve me.

With that said it is solely my opinion, you have been very patient till now hats off to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks