Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:14   #826
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

In light of the above, should I insist on change of oil/oil filter during the first service?
I'm not sure what is the 'right' thing to do, but i didn't insist on the oil change for my new Swift (P) first service. Just asked Maruti service guy to do all the steps mentioned in the manual, and checked later that he had ticked most of the boxes

Last edited by akj123 : 2nd February 2012 at 09:16. Reason: Added quoting the post that was being replied to.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:28   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
I'm not sure what is the 'right' thing to do, but i didn't insist on the oil change for my new Swift (P) first service. Just asked Maruti service guy to do all the steps mentioned in the manual, and checked later that he had ticked most of the boxes
Can you check and tell me whether the oil and oil filter was changed at your first service? If it was done as per the manual, then the change would not have been made. It is mandatory only in case of the diesel, not the petrol, as per the manual.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:33   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Can you check and tell me whether the oil and oil filter was changed at your first service? If it was done as per the manual, then the change would not have been made. It is mandatory only in case of the diesel, not the petrol, as per the manual.
If it's not mentioned in the manual, it wouldn't have been done for me. Besides, i paid only Rs 100/- or so for the service, so pretty sure no oil change happened, as that would have cost much more.
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:52   #829
BHPian

Got my Swift VDi serviced yesterday. Engine oil & filter changed. Bill was Rs. 1222. Good service from Powai Auto Works.
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:21   #830
BHPian

Quote:
A bit of advice needed.

In light of the above, should I insist on change of oil/oil filter during the first service? Or should I stick to what the manual says (i.e. change at 10,000 kms). My driving pattern will bring up the 10,000 kms figure only after a year or so- to me that seems like an inordinately long time for the first oil change.

Please let me have your suggestions
Almost all companies have adopted the principle of oil change at 10K km mark now. I personally do not like the idea. An oil change at the 1K mark and subsequently after every 7.5K-10K mark is the norm. For mineral oil, I would say change the oil every 5K km given the driving conditions in metros.

The choice is eventually yours. Check the colour of the oil and take a call. If you feel its too dark, maybe its time to change. Ordinary mineral oil and filter do not cost much. You might as well insist on changing them during the first service.
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:24   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Almost all companies have adopted the principle of oil change at 10K km mark now.
Thanks. I think I would insist on an oil change at the first service itself. You are right, most companies seem to have adopted this policy recently of changing oil after a year, especially in petrol cars. I definitely dont feel comfortable about it, but at the same time, these companies must have put a lot of RnD into their engines, and therefore must have a sound reason for prescribing the requisite changes at various intervals on their products. Pretty confusing!
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:17   #832
BHPian

Thanks for a great review. I love this car, simply fun to drive.

I already own a 2006 Vxi and 2006 Accent CRDi. Now I'm planning to sell off the CRDi and go for a new one. I drive 60km everyday and now need a cng option (Dont want to go for diesel). I majorly do the city travelling for the office commute, hardly I go on the Highways. In Mumbai there is no issue with the availability of CNG either.

Just wanted to check whether there are any plans for Swift CNG or do the Maruti Autorised guys convert the same into CNG without getting the warranty lapsed of the New swift.

Require opinions of fellow members on whether to get a new swift and get it converted to CNG (w/o voiding the warranty if the option is available) or to get my old Swift Converted. My old one is also in very good condition and had done just 28k on the odo. Or for the CNG any other reliable car option.

Also if the fellow swift owners whom have converted their cars to cng can share their experience. How is the performance and the mileage? Does the maintenance cost increase too much by the conversion.

Please reply as it would be really helpul
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:55   #833
BHPian

Hi all,
Anxiously waiting for my New ZDI. Had booked on the 10th of Sept 11. Local dealer informs that they will recieve monthly quota list from Maruti next week..
Hopefully my magical number/name will be included there
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:31   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411
Hi all,
Anxiously waiting for my New ZDI. Had booked on the 10th of Sept 11. Local dealer informs that they will recieve monthly quota list from Maruti next week..
Hopefully my magical number/name will be included there
Where are you located? I booked my zdi on 10th November and my car has arrived in the stockyard today. My set of wheels will be with me by Wednesday.
Old 4th February 2012, 19:38   #835
BHPian

Hey BHPians, got my ZDI delivered on 2nd Feb 2012. Shall post ownership review in few days, too busy now behind the wheel.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc06592.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc06614.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc06616.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc06619.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc06655.jpg
Old 4th February 2012, 21:35   #836
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Where are you located? I booked my zdi on 10th November and my car has arrived in the stockyard today. My set of wheels will be with me by Wednesday.
Thats surprising indeed! You are lucky!

I booked mine in the second week of september - and I'm 16th in the list for ZDi (as of Jan 29th). Will be getting the car only in March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Hey BHPians, got my ZDI delivered on 2nd Feb 2012. Shall post ownership review in few days, too busy now behind the wheel.
Congrats!

Already 2 team-bhp stickers? Cool. Post the initial impressions atleast in this thread - and ownership experience when you get time.

ON - ROAD PRICE COMPARISON of some competing cars in Chennai. (All prices collected from dealers during this weekend).

Nissan Micra XV Premium - 7,23,679.
Swift ZDi - 7,81,255.
i20 Asta - 8,17,155.
Skoda Fabia Elegance - 8,25,957.
Polo 1.2 Highline - 8,46,647.

Missed out Liva, Punto and Vista prices. Will try to get it soon - may help someone looking for a car frpm this class. Of all the above cars - I loved Fabia for its interiors (Did not test drive this time, as I was just helping a friend shortlist few cars), and was shocked with Polo prices (Have the gone up?).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th February 2012 at 21:49.
Old 4th February 2012, 22:11   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Polo prices (Have the gone up?).
OT : As far as I know, there should be no increase even for 2012 Polo. That's what the dealer told me. VW dealers were offering a cool 50 k off on the ex showroom price of Polo for 2011 make cars.
Old 5th February 2012, 05:36   #838
BHPian

Got delivery of my black zdi yesterday. Had booked in October end. Its an amazingly addictive car to drive. Enjoying every moment of it. Clocked close to 270 kms.

OTR: 7.33 lacs with extended warranty
Old 5th February 2012, 08:14   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within
Congrats. Your looks fabulous in that colour. You are a true BHPian to have the stickers on the car even before the registration number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

ON - ROAD PRICE COMPARISON of some competing cars in Chennai. (All prices collected from dealers during this weekend).

Swift ZDi - 7,81,255.
i20 Asta - 8,17,155.
Polo and Fabia are seriously overpriced for the engine on offer. Does Skoda and VW expect to sell only on brand name? 8.46 for 1.2 Polo!!!

i20 Asta price is very attractive. Are you sure that is the diesel variant price?

Now, what is the difference between Micra XV and XV Premium? Have seen few of them on the roads.
Old 5th February 2012, 08:43   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
:

Swift ZDi - 7,81,255.
i20 Asta - 8,17,155.

Missed out Liva, Punto and Vista prices.
Liva GD(SP)-6,91,000 and VISTA ZX is around 7,20,000

Most Viewed