Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 09:51   #841
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Where are you located? I booked my zdi on 10th November and my car has arrived in the stockyard today. My set of wheels will be with me by Wednesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Got delivery of my black zdi yesterday. Had booked in October end. Its an amazingly addictive car to drive. Enjoying every moment of it. Clocked close to 270 kms.

OTR: 7.33 lacs with extended warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketla2411 View Post
Hi all,
Anxiously waiting for my New ZDI. Had booked on the 10th of Sept 11. Local dealer informs that they will recieve monthly quota list from Maruti next week..
Hopefully my magical number/name will be included there
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats surprising indeed! You are lucky!

I booked mine in the second week of september - and I'm 16th in the list for ZDi (as of Jan 29th). Will be getting the car only in March.
The trend we can see is dealers towards north side are getting the cars soon( within-3-4 months). And dealers towards south are suffering the delay or a lot of malpractice happening with them. I heard that some dealerd are ready to give the car within 15 days if we give the full amount and 30K extra in advance. Yesterday i went to see the new Dezire and the waiting period displayed for Swift was 8 months.
Old 5th February 2012, 10:14   #842
BHPian

Just did a PDI at the stockyard yesterday. I have Goodyear dura plus tyres on the car. Any reviews on the same?? Should I opt for upgrade? My usage will be within Mumbai city limits and rarely highway usage. Which sunfilms to go for V kool or llumar??
Old 5th February 2012, 11:28   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
The trend we can see is dealers towards north side are getting the cars soon( within-3-4 months). And dealers towards south are suffering the delay or a lot of malpractice happening with them. I heard that some dealerd are ready to give the car within 15 days if we give the full amount and 30K extra in advance. Yesterday i went to see the new Dezire and the waiting period displayed for Swift was 8 months.
i am not sure if that the case. i think that the dealers get cars allotted to them proportionate to the no. of booking they have of each model. maybe some of the dealers have found ways to circumvent that by showing more bookings than they actually have. Even here in mumbai, most dealers are quoting 6 months waiting for zdi but this one dealer is saying 3 months!
Old 5th February 2012, 12:18   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
i am not sure if that the case. i think that the dealers get cars allotted to them proportionate to the no. of booking they have of each model. maybe some of the dealers have found ways to circumvent that by showing more bookings than they actually have. Even here in mumbai, most dealers are quoting 6 months waiting for zdi but this one dealer is saying 3 months!
Might be true. My thoughts are dealers are getting cars according to number of booking, waiting period must be same for all. Dealer can book a car on their name and later on transfer it to the owner. The actual person will become the second owner as per records which many will not be willing to. And dealers are not contacting maruti directly. Contact is like this. Dealer > Area office > Regional office > Zonal office > Maruti.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:36   #845
Senior - BHPian

Maruti still hasnt done anything to improve the braking system in Ldi and Vdi , my friend has a tyre shop in punjabi bagh and he had a relative who bought the new Swift VDi come for a tyre upgrade to 185 section, as the VDi isnt available for test drives anywhere with dealers he called me and i urged him to request that guy for a small drive as we both were planning to buy VDi's for ourselves and i had warned him about the brakes citing team bhp review but the guy wasnt listening.

What i heard on the phone was "Boss, your team-bhp was right, the braking is extremely average on this car, the gearbox is butter smooth, the engine is brilliant but this car doesnt stop and you have to drive it to believe it on how mediocre the brakes are, after pushing the brake pedal there is a lag of 0.5-1.0 second"

So now am back to square one - it would be either the ZDi or the VW Polo now, i had planned for a VDi and had my finances ready but then at 7.5 L OTR for a Swift i will give the Polo a try as well.

Those who have booked VDi or Vxi, please guys have a test drive of the same some how after requesting any owner and dont go blindly thinking that the average brakes would do, am a sedate driver etc. Its one brilliant car and with the improved handling you will definitely push it and brakes are something which cant be improved - upgrade to ZDi or seriously reconsider.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 5th February 2012 at 13:39.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 14:42   #846
Senior - BHPian

You are 100% right in your observations. This is true with other manufacturers too (VW, Toyota - threads available on forum), I have no clue for the reason behind this skewed distribution and common consensus is that this is purely driven by market dynamics and not necessarily demand and supply equation.

Related discussion - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ii-cities.html

Quote:

Last edited by bala80 : 5th February 2012 at 14:44.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 15:46   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Just did a PDI at the stockyard yesterday. I have Goodyear dura plus tyres on the car. Any reviews on the same?? Should I opt for upgrade? My usage will be within Mumbai city limits and rarely highway usage. Which sunfilms to go for V kool or llumar??
From my asking around in this forum, GY Duraplus is the better than the MRF ZVTS and JK and at par with Bridgestone B250. Heard it is very durable with decent grip but won't be a XM1+ or BS Turanza ER60.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-swift-96.html
Old 5th February 2012, 19:13   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
From my asking around in this forum, GY Duraplus is the better than the MRF ZVTS and JK and at par with Bridgestone B250. Heard it is very durable with decent grip but won't be a XM1+ or BS Turanza ER60.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-swift-96.html
Mine is the duraplus as well. Have driven close to 400 kms dill date on the new swift and the tyre is pretty much acceptable. Tyre noise is immense when I compare with xm1+ I had on my A star a few months back. But much better and lesser noise than the JK vectras. Handling is pretty good with barely any body roll at about 120 kmph on curves. Thats the max speed I have driven at till now. The tyre life as per GY website is a massive 1 lac kms. I am planning to stick with these till about 40k kms and then might go for an upgrade. For city driving, the stocks are should do just fine imho.

For sunfilms, V kool have quoted about 16k for front sides and back. I went for Garware with 50% heat rejection and 99% IR rejection which set me back by 7.5k. Kept the temperature within the car pretty much the same as the Fluidic verna that we have with Vkool installed. Mind you, my swift is black while the verna is silver. I hope it is the same in the summers as well.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:22   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
For sunfilms, V kool have quoted about 16k for front sides and back. I went for Garware with 50% heat rejection and 99% IR rejection which set me back by 7.5k. Kept the temperature within the car pretty much the same as the Fluidic verna that we have with Vkool installed. Mind you, my swift is black while the verna is silver. I hope it is the same in the summers as well.
Can you please share the Garware model that you have installed? I have ICECOOL shield installed on my Manza's windshield and it is real VFM. Hence thinking about the installing Garware for the sides and the back on my newly booked zdi
Old 5th February 2012, 19:28   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
You are 100% right in your observations. This is true with other manufacturers too (VW, Toyota - threads available on forum), I have no clue for the reason behind this skewed distribution and common consensus is that this is purely driven by market dynamics and not necessarily demand and supply equation.

Related discussion - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ii-cities.html
Maruti is moving to online tracking system . This is to avoid the malpractice by dalers. I heard it from a senior manager at my dealership. As per him it will be in effective from Feb onwards. Online system is done by HP. Did not get a call reg this. Any news Bhpians?

Last edited by devil_klm : 5th February 2012 at 19:29.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:34   #851
BHPian

Quote:
For tyres you will get a good buy back should you wish to change the good years. michelin xm1+ and bridgestone turanza are both good. For sunfilms along with the two you have mentioned have a look at 3M too. Search the forum for sunfilms in modifications thread.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:37   #852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
i20 Asta price is very attractive. Are you sure that is the diesel variant price?

Now, what is the difference between Micra XV and XV Premium? Have seen few of them on the roads.
Yes. i20 Asta with BT - 8,17,555 (including ext warranty).
i20 Asta with AVN - 8,63,727.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Liva GD(SP)-6,91,000 and VISTA ZX is around 7,20,000
Thanks!

Quote:
Yesterday i went to see the new Dezire and the waiting period displayed for Swift was 8 months.
Any plan of changing to DZire? How would you compare it with the Swift? Will they allow a change in booking?
Quote:
Maruti is moving to online tracking system . This is to avoid the malpractice by dalers. I heard it from a senior manager at my dealership. As per him it will be in effective from Feb onwards. Online system is done by HP. Did not get a call reg this. Any news Bhpians?
I think they already have a centralised system. Atleast - thats the impression I got from Popular Motors, Trivandrum.

But - not sure if the end users (us) will be able to track the bookings with the help of this centralised tool. Only then, it will be fully foolproof.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:00   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any plan of changing to DZire? How would you compare it with the Swift? Will they allow a change in booking?

I think they already have a centralised system. Atleast - thats the impression I got from Popular Motors, Trivandrum. But - not sure if the end users (us) will be able to track the bookings with the help of this centralised tool. Only then, it will be fully foolproof.

No. I dont want to wait for another 6 months. Interiors are bright but is prone to get dirt easily. The foru day old display car had lot of fingerprints inside. Personal openion is not looks as good as swift due to the mix of indian and Japanese design but it will not get the nick name pregnant buffalo as the old dezire. Now i am feeling the real pain of waiting for dream machine

You might be correct on the tracking system. End users may not be able to get the benefit of that.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:12   #854
BHPian

Visited a Maruti dealer today to enquire about the Swift diesel. The ZDi has a 365 day wait, the VDi and LDi too 6 months or more. The sales guys deny the brake weakness on L/V variants.

A question about safety : I keep reading about flimsy build of Marutis and the much better build of European cars, the Polo , Punto etc. Aside from the feel/sound , is there any other way to judge the sturdiness of a car ? The Swift is sold in Europe too, and must have passed safety regulations , and I don't suppose the difference between Swift and say a Punto would be vastly different in terms sturdiness if they are meeting regulations ( I am assuming there are relevant and comprehensive regulations ).

Are we simply judging poor build by sounds, rattles , or are there other signs that manifest themselves as weakness of the body shell - like cracks , deformities after x months or km of use , or mechanical parts (rather than cosmetic) needing replacement or actual accident results showing more damage to Swift than other cars ?
Old 5th February 2012, 21:58   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
... Even here in mumbai, most dealers are quoting 6 months waiting for zdi but this one dealer is saying 3 months!
But is there a guarantee that the car WILL be delivered in 3 months? Are they signing any documents? I was told I will get the car in 45 days which eventually become 4 months & that too ONLY because I decided to take the dealers to task & created such a racket!

Quote:
Which sunfilms to go for V kool or llumar??
Depending on your budget. V-Kool is the MOST expensive and the BEST available out there. If I have to give a rough idea on brands, Garware<Llumar<3M<V-Kool. I would any day suggest 3M RE series if I don't have the budget for V-Kool.

Quote:
No. I dont want to wait for another 6 months.
How are things on your end? Any progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Are we simply judging poor build by sounds, rattles , or are there other signs that manifest themselves as weakness of the body shell - like cracks , deformities after x months or km of use , or mechanical parts (rather than cosmetic) needing replacement or actual accident results showing more damage to Swift than other cars ?
See, if you drive your car well, it would look new after years even if its a Maruti. Swift is a car which got 5 STAR safety rating in Europe, but it had curtain Airbags and the likes. The problem [if it is called so] with Maruti cars are they are built pretty light to leverage on the FE. In case of a bad incident, the car will crumble [just try sitting on the bonnet or just push the panels with your palm]. But if you have all the safety equipments, the car should be safe! But in case of an accident, a Swift will definitely show more damage.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed