Team-BHP - Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/108667-chevrolet-beat-diesel-lt-tcdi-sandrift-grey.html)

I was driving a TN registered 800 in Bangalore & I wasn't really looking to change my car. All this thought process sank in to my mind; when my brother-in-law gave me July month's AutoCar & Overdrive books when I was at Coimbatore. This was in the first week of August. I read about Beat TCDI was launched and learnt a little more about the car. Then i was on t-bhp reading GTO's review and some Youtube videos.

The car interested me and I called just dial to find out about Chevy Dealers in Bangalore. Some one called me from Kropex, was polite and answered all my questions. After one test drive, I decided on Beat LT Diesel and car loan papers were thru in 2 or 3 days. All of this was done by first week of September and I told the dealer that I would pick up the car on 16th September.

9th September the car landed in the yard and I went for a quick check. All looked and felt alright except for the shabby exteriors. I checked the VIN, some stickers under the seat, stickers on a/c plumbing pipes under the hood, stickers on the rear parcel tray and was sure it was a Aug 2011 manufactured car.

About the Sales Representative & Dealer:
- The sales rep who handled me was Rohan. Pretty an alright chap; if not with a lots of automobile knowledge, but with right attitude. He was very helpful since the beginning till the end.
- There weren't any model or color changes from my side, so I couldn't comment how accomodating they are.
- On a satisfaction rating scale I would give them a 8 out of 10.

About the car:
- When I took the test drive, I felt the engine was alright and would suffice my needs. I do 40 KM a day and alternate weekend trips to Coimbatore. My average running is more like 2000 kms plus.
- I liked the very funky exteriors and interiors too.
- I drove their test drive UV-A which was about 2.5 years old. It was holding up alright at about 45,000 KMS on the odo. So I thought, GM's build quality seems fine.
- I like diesel clatter and it's music. My email address is dieselclatter@XYZ.com, so you can imagine how much I love the clatter. May be because I grew up around diesels- Matador, Trekker, ISUZU, XD3P & TUD5.

Good Bits:
- The quality of plastics are good.
- No rattling a bit.
- I do like the interior theme. Grey, Grey and black. Spreads on the dash and seats too.
- The gear shift feels good.
- Engine is peppy till 3000 rpm. Did not rev beyond.
- Not much cabin noise, but it still intrudes.

Bad Bits:
- It really is a major pain to drive this damn thing in the city. The front visiblity is super poor for my standards. I am 5.7"
- There should've been a seat height adjuster.
- The OEM horn is just weak.
- The OEM speakers are just write off.
- Thought it's 15k Oil Change intreval, regular Service Intrevals are 5 k. So frequent visits to service stations.
- The power window switches don't glow in the dark. It's difficult some times.

The car has run 1600 KMS.
Mileage:
Only Highway: 20.33
Only City : 16.4
Tankful method. Aircon always. It's pretty satisfying.

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_7964-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8078-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8206-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8209-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8210-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8214-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8234-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8235-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8237-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8238-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8245-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8246-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8268-large.jpg

Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey-img_8269-large.jpg

Congrats dude.. Now for the moolah. How much did you pay for it and what was teh emi and stuff? PM me in case its not to be disclosed publicly.please:

Congratulations for your new Chevy Beat. Nice review and pictures.

I hope you will be satisfied with Chevy A.S.S.

Wishing you happy and safe mile crunching!

Stunning pictures, especially the last one. I must say, the Beat looks superb in this particular colour (never seen it before on the Chevy). You've got yourself a nice, high mileage city car. Not a fan of it's highway performance though, runs out of breath easily.

Congrats & drive safe.

Congrats on your latest buy nevertouchme. Guess this colour is slowly but surely growing on me !! :)

Since you have driven few kms on a Highway, how is the engine performance. Does the car struggle at higher speeds (say 80) though you have not revved beyond 3k ?

@nevertouchme, Congrats on your Beat D!
great set of pictures! Liked the steering wheel pic with the golden chevy logo..
My petrol LT does not have the golden logo..

Wish you happy miles ahead on your Sandrift beauty! :)

@nevertouchme

Congratulations on the Beat Diesel. The colour looks absolutely gorgeous on the car. For some time I was admiring the pics taken rather than the car. Enjoy the ride and happy mile crunching. Drive safely.

Is there nothing you can do to improve the visibilty in the front? Seat adjustments etc? Did yout not notice it during the Test drive? Were you comfortable with the "supposed to be" cramped rear?

Are any mods planned?

Congrats. Nice pics. Love that chunky steering wheel :) Wish you many happy miles with it.

Congratulations, a quick and crisp review. The color looks fantastic on this car and the pictures have come out good. Although its too early to measure but getting fuel efficiency 16 and 20 in city and highway are very good figures.

Ok here goes, Congrats Nevertouchyou, well, this is one place where I did not expect you to put up such a crisp review, good job.

As usual great pics, by now I know your penchant for tilted photography, speaks so much about your nature :D.

Ok, so does this congratulatory message earn points for the long pending treat too?

Congratulations NTM.. The one color that I felt I have missed out on, since this was not available when I got my vehicle last year..

Stunning pictures.. Wish you a happy and safe drive ahead..

Congrats nevertouchme on your new Beat D.
Great pics:thumbs up. I like the pic with zen from the rear side.
Wish you a safe and exciting drive with your Skidsclap:.

Congrats on your new oil burner. Brilliant color. Looks a million bucks and brilliant pics too:thumbs up.

Happy motoring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adg_andy (Post 2525082)
Congrats dude.. Now for the moolah. How much did you pay for it and what was teh emi and stuff? PM me in case its not to be disclosed publicly.

PM sent Andy.

Thanks Blue Volt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2525094)
Stunning pictures, especially the last one. I must say, the Beat looks superb in this particular colour (never seen it before on the Chevy). You've got yourself a nice, high mileage city car. Not a fan of it's highway performance though, runs out of breath easily.

Congrats & drive safe.

thanks GTO. Glad you liked the pictures. This was the only color that I considered. I always buy blue cars, unfortunately BLUE on the beat was some how too loud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 2525095)
Since you have driven few kms on a Highway, how is the engine performance. Does the car struggle at higher speeds (say 80) though you have not revved beyond 3k ?

Thanks Vik0728. While i did an 800 KM drive on the first 2 days with 3 pple on board. It felt alright. you feel underpowered or struggling to move forward or anything like that. For a sedate driver like me, i think it does the job. But please test drive it before if you are deciding.

While i did not push it beyond 2.5 k rpm. It settles at 80 kmph exactly at 2k rpm. so I think it will run out of steam by 3k - 3.5 k. I should be able to post more accurate figures when i do 5k kms.

Thanks Auto freak!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2525151)
@nevertouchme
Is there nothing you can do to improve the visibilty in the front? Seat adjustments etc? Did yout not notice it during the Test drive? Were you comfortable with the "supposed to be" cramped rear?
Are any mods planned?

I am not sure what could i possibly do to improve the visibility in the front. indeed it is actually a pain. may be i should get used to it.

I did not notice this very keen as i did not test drive in tight parking spots.

and please take it from me- an honest opinion, rear is NOT cramped.

got the full floor mats done from Coimbatore. NVH further reduced.

Thanks Kimified

Thanks mayankjha1806

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2525264)

As usual great pics, by now I know your penchant for tilted photography, speaks so much about your nature .

Ok, so does this congratulatory message earn points for the long pending treat too?

thanks Hari na. Sure, sure - treat on the way.

thanks much informmaha

thanks salbin. The zen from rear side is my fav too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinj12 (Post 2525439)
Congrats on your new oil burner. Brilliant color. Looks a million bucks and brilliant pics too:thumbs up.

Happy motoring!

Thanks Sachin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevertouchme (Post 2525460)
PM sent Andy.

I am not sure what could i possibly do to improve the visibility in the front. indeed it is actually a pain. may be i should get used to it.

Hi Jai,

I suppose I saw a bhpian add spacers to the front seats to raise them by respectable amount. Not sure who though stupid:. You can also try the same