Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 17:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!

I suspected the noisy clutch on the day I took delivery. So I went to the VW service center today to have the auto lock activated, also asked the head mechanic to take a look at the clutch feel & noise.

A short test drive & he confirmed my suspicion. The clutch in the Vento being hydraulic, there is oil under high pressure in the line. VW had already sent out a circular to say that a few cars may have the noisy / pulsating clutch when depressed. They are already prepared with the remedy. The pipe which carries the clutch fluid will be replaced with one of another design / length / bend - they would also fix a bracket to ensure no pulsating is felt when the clutch is depressed.

So I will get a call in around a week to have the same replaced. They do have the pipe but the bracket does not yet have a part number - hence it can only be ordered once that is done.

I just wish the PDI was more thorough so one did not have to go for such things even before one has done 250 kms on the new car.

But the VW service was impressive & prompt.

Look forward to the replacement. Will also post a report on the same. Hopefully with pictures..

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 7th October 2011 at 17:04.
Old 12th October 2011, 18:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

I was at Reliance Autozone at Ambience Mall today & was pleasantly surprised at the variety of stuff they have for the car !! Pretty much everything you will need & genuine stuff.

I am already thinking seat covers for the Vento. So I looked at options. Did not find anything that I particularly liked but they do have a vast range. They are also ready to get them custom made (which is nice)

I want to go essentially for the 2 tones in the dashboard, but need to figure out if that goes with the Silver exterior !! The safest would be black with perforrated center piece as I had on my Grand Vitara. Looks classy, BUT here the insides are dark brown & off white / beige....hence the confusion.

Guess the Vento will have to go there, put some of the colour options on the car & see for myself..any suggestions ??

Cheers
Old 12th October 2011, 18:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I want to go essentially for the 2 tones in the dashboard, but need to figure out if that goes with the Silver exterior !! The safest would be black with perforrated center piece as I had on my Grand Vitara. Looks classy, BUT here the insides are dark brown & off white / beige....hence the confusion.
Don't go for black. I think the the dark brown colour of the dash is the best option to go for seat covers. That will look really good. The light shade is not preferred as then it starts looking like a sea of beige. The dark brown seats will suit perfectly.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th October 2011 at 19:00.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 19:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't go for black. I think the the dark brown colour of the dash is the best option to go for seat covers. That will look really good. The light shade is not preferred as then it starts looking like a sea of beige. The dark brown seats will suit perfectly.

Hmmm...so you are saying the single color brown ?? No beige hint anywhere ? I was thinking strictly from the POV of being in tandem with the interior color scheme.

Thought it's a good idea Maybe just a piping of beige to say yes it belongs to this car interior..I was going to use perforrated center panels & solids on the side. Like I had in the GV. Looked very nice.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it !

Cheers
Old 12th October 2011, 19:13   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmmm...so you are saying the single color brown ?? No beige hint anywhere ? I was thinking strictly from the POV of being in tandem with the interior color scheme.

Thought it's a good idea Maybe just a piping of beige to say yes it belongs to this car interior..I was going to use perforrated center panels & solids on the side. Like I had in the GV. Looked very nice.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it !

Piping is ok but I don't like those dual tone interiors which have the centre in one shade and sides in another. Looks like a chess board. I've not seen in dual tone on any premium car Audi, BMW or Merc. Plain simple one tone leather.

Perforated will look better and a perfect match to the dark shade is a must. The colour is like greyish brown.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th October 2011 at 19:14.
Old 12th October 2011, 19:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Piping is ok but I don't like those dual tone interiors which have the centre in one shade and sides in another. Looks like a chess board. I've not seen in dual tone on any premium car Audi, BMW or Merc. Plain simple one tone leather.

Perforated will look better and a perfect match to the dark shade is a must. The colour is like greyish brown.

No no - I have not intention of using dark & light panels on the seats they do look bad. The perforated bit I am very clear about.

Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 20:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Just have not had the time to get the seat covers put on. Got some Shaldan Lime for the Vento though...

A little pampering is in order.

Cheers
Old 17th October 2011, 21:22   #38
BHPian

Ricky_63 you can get your seat covers custom made from Autocraft who is manufacturer for seat covers . Just check out them , i got swift vdi seat covers fitted from them . Seat covers are still in the same condition , every single stitch is still intact after 1.5 years of usage . Here is the address of Autocraft india below .

Auto Craft India
Plot no : 36 Rama Industrial Area , Moti Nagar New Delhi
Opposite Mahindra showroom
Contact No : 9910048583 , 01145049333

I am attaching some snaps of my swift seat covers for your reference . Hope you like it .
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!-picture-090.jpg  

VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!-picture-092.jpg  

Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 09:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Ricky_63 you can get your seat covers custom made from Autocraft who is manufacturer for seat covers . Just check out them , i got swift vdi seat covers fitted from them . Seat covers are still in the same condition , every single stitch is still intact after 1.5 years of usage . Here is the address of Autocraft india below .

Auto Craft India
Plot no : 36 Rama Industrial Area , Moti Nagar New Delhi
Opposite Mahindra showroom
Contact No : 9910048583 , 01145049333

I am attaching some snaps of my swift seat covers for your reference . Hope you like it .

Appreciate the lead. For me it is quite a distance though. There are great seat covers available at Reliance Autozone & at Suri Auto Accessory Store here in Gurgaon.

But thanks any way

Cheers
Old 1st November 2011, 20:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Kitna deti hai ?? Well - I was surprised when I tanked up the other day. 18 kmpl....all city driving (super sedate) with A/C

Thought this update was in order !!

Cheers
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:38   #41
BHPian

Ricky,

congrats on your vento. I have booked the TDi Trendline (Breeze edition) and waiting for its delivery. Stock tyres in trendline read 175/70/14" with steel rims. I am planning to upsize to 185/60/15" with alloy wheels (basically the stock tyres in Highline).

Given that the trendline lacks ABS, do you think it would make sense to upgrade to 205/55 Yokos for a better grip on highways ( I know that it wont fully compensate for the lack of ABS but might make some additional stability with the bigger profile). Are the 205's too bumpy for the passengers (rear passengers especially) ?

Last edited by krish.sathish : 3rd November 2011 at 18:40.
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
How it all started :

Old habits die hard !! This is a habit I have had since I got my second car.

From the Showroom (Frying Pan) straight to the Tyre Shop (Fire) !! So it was no different this time around. Got my Apollo Accelere 185/xx/15 changed with Yoko S-Drives 205/55/15, nearly 0% OD error, and a way better tyre contact patch. Having used the same tyre of the same size I know what they felt like - N I R V A N A...

Cheers
Congratulations on your new VW Vento ! Looks impeccable inside out ! wishing you a million miles in it and a trillion smiles with it .

Had a query. What is 0 % OD error you have mentioned in your post? Is it the Speedo calibration error which occurs due to change in dimension of the new tires?
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
Ricky,

congrats on your vento. I have booked the TDi Trendline (Breeze edition) and waiting for its delivery. Stock tyres in trendline read 175/70/14" with steel rims. I am planning to upsize to 185/60/15" with alloy wheels (basically the stock tyres in Highline).

Given that the trendline lacks ABS, do you think it would make sense to upgrade to 205/55 Yokos for a better grip on highways ( I know that it wont fully compensate for the lack of ABS but might make some additional stability with the bigger profile). Are the 205's too bumpy for the passengers (rear passengers especially) ?

In my book that would be the right approach...safety first. Obviously a 205 will have way better grip than 175's...that is one upgrade that I do on all my cars (tyre upgrade) Logically speaking the only contact of the car with the road is the tyre patch x 4 - the wider - more the grip.

No the ride is not bumpy at all..Run 32 psi all around & you will be happy with better braking as well as the ride. Let us keep in mind the excellent suspension on the Vento or for that matter most German cars.

Look forward to your car joining the ever-growing tribe of the Vento TDI's

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 3rd November 2011 at 20:41.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:55   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suspected the noisy clutch on the day I took delivery. So I went to the VW service center today to have the auto lock activated, also asked the head mechanic to take a look at the clutch feel & noise.

A short test drive & he confirmed my suspicion. The clutch in the Vento being hydraulic, there is oil under high pressure in the line. VW had already sent out a circular to say that a few cars may have the noisy / pulsating clutch when depressed. They are already prepared with the remedy. The pipe which carries the clutch fluid will be replaced with one of another design / length / bend - they would also fix a bracket to ensure no pulsating is felt when the clutch is depressed.

So I will get a call in around a week to have the same replaced. They do have the pipe but the bracket does not yet have a part number - hence it can only be ordered once that is done.

I just wish the PDI was more thorough so one did not have to go for such things even before one has done 250 kms on the new car.

But the VW service was impressive & prompt.

Look forward to the replacement. Will also post a report on the same. Hopefully with pictures..

Cheers
any update on this?

Also could you clarify exactly when does the clutch make this noise?

Btw a very belated congrats for your car missed out on your thread !

Last edited by ninjatalli : 3rd November 2011 at 21:56.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:31   #45
BHPian

Thanks Ricky. Will keep you posted once my is delivered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks