Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 09:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
any update on this?

Also could you clarify exactly when does the clutch make this noise?

Btw a very belated congrats for your car missed out on your thread !

Hi

Thanks for the belated wish !! You are obviously way too involved in your Vento to bother LOL

As for the noise in the clutch line. It comes only when clutch is depressed. I am told by VW that there was a design flaw in the hydraulic pipe length calculation, so what they have done is re-designed the pipe and are replacing them on all cars, that have this problem...

According to the VW workshop there is no problem even if one drives as is, infact they were surprised I even noticed the sound. But then me being me - I may not notice if my heart skips a beat BUT I would notice if the car does not sound right

The pipe has to come from Singapore or something...so I have been asked to wait for about 2 weeks (which I found weird) There are daily flights from Singapore to Delhi !! Anyway, as long it is replaced / fixed. I am ok with the wait.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 09:48   #47
BHPian

Ricky,

Forgot to ask you one more thing regarding the 205 Yokos. Does the steering get too very stiffer with this upgrade (given that my wife will also be driving this car) ?
Old 4th November 2011, 10:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
Ricky,

Forgot to ask you one more thing regarding the 205 Yokos. Does the steering get too very stiffer with this upgrade (given that my wife will also be driving this car) ?

The Vento has a light steering at low speeds & weights up at high/er speeds. So heavy steering would not be an issue at all.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 11:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Ricky,

congrats on your vento. I have booked the TDi Trendline (Breeze edition) and waiting for its delivery. Stock tyres in trendline read 175/70/14" with steel rims. I am planning to upsize to 185/60/15" with alloy wheels (basically the stock tyres in Highline).

Given that the trendline lacks ABS, do you think it would make sense to upgrade to 205/55 Yokos for a better grip on highways ( I know that it wont fully compensate for the lack of ABS but might make some additional stability with the bigger profile). Are the 205's too bumpy for the passengers (rear passengers especially) ?
even i've booked a tdi tl breeze and waiting for delivery. looking forward to upgrade to 15" alloys. do let me know if you find some nice designs for your car. mine is white color. yours?
Old 4th November 2011, 11:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
even i've booked a tdi tl breeze and waiting for delivery. looking forward to upgrade to 15" alloys. do let me know if you find some nice designs for your car. mine is white color. yours?
I have booked the "RED" one I know there are no too many takers for this color in this forum but I just love it! White is available for immediately here in Chennai with the dealer but I decided to wait 3 Weeks for red. Regarding Alloys, yes, there are very few designs. Found one (attached) to my liking so far (brand: AVA). Yet to complete my search though.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:31   #51
BHPian

Forgot the attachment (alloys).
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento Highline TDI comes home !!-img_0046.jpg  

Old 5th November 2011, 11:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the "RED" one I know there are no too many takers for this color in this forum but I just love it! White is available for immediately here in Chennai with the dealer but I decided to wait 3 Weeks for red. Regarding Alloys, yes, there are very few designs. Found one (attached) to my liking so far (brand: AVA). Yet to complete my search though.
Quote:
Forgot the attachment (alloys).

Wow the Red one looks nice there are no two ways about it. Your choice of rims is nice. Check out Graphite colored ones as well. They look very nice with Red. My Swift has similar alloys albiet from Hi-join & they are not multi pcd. Check those out too.

Cheers
Old 14th November 2011, 10:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE :

Tankfull to tankfull checked today. Returning 17 kmpl. City running only. A.C 100% Odo at 695 kms..

Clutch pipe still not available

Cheers
Old 14th November 2011, 12:59   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi

Thanks for the belated wish !! You are obviously way too involved in your Vento to bother LOL

As for the noise in the clutch line. It comes only when clutch is depressed. I am told by VW that there was a design flaw in the hydraulic pipe length calculation, so what they have done is re-designed the pipe and are replacing them on all cars, that have this problem...

According to the VW workshop there is no problem even if one drives as is, infact they were surprised I even noticed the sound. But then me being me - I may not notice if my heart skips a beat BUT I would notice if the car does not sound right

The pipe has to come from Singapore or something...so I have been asked to wait for about 2 weeks (which I found weird) There are daily flights from Singapore to Delhi !! Anyway, as long it is replaced / fixed. I am ok with the wait.

Cheers
Congrats on the car Ricky. She looks awesome!

I am relieved that this is indeed a genuine problem and not a figment of my imagination I took delivery of my Vento TDI on 11.11.11 and immediately felt that something is wrong every time I enter the Turbo zone on any gear and then depress the clutch to upshift. It makes a pulsating sound and is hell irritating. This is my first diesel car and was wondering whether all the diesels would have a pulsating clutch.

Also good to know that driving with the old clutch is not going to cause any harm barring the irritating noise. I have 700 kms on the odo already and will call up the dealer right away to report the problem so that they can order the parts if they do not have it handy.

Will start an ownership thread soon once I have around 2-3k on the odo. It shouldn't take much time
Old 15th November 2011, 09:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratroy View Post
Congrats on the car Ricky. She looks awesome!

I am relieved that this is indeed a genuine problem and not a figment of my imagination I took delivery of my Vento TDI on 11.11.11 and immediately felt that something is wrong every time I enter the Turbo zone on any gear and then depress the clutch to upshift. It makes a pulsating sound and is hell irritating. This is my first diesel car and was wondering whether all the diesels would have a pulsating clutch.

Also good to know that driving with the old clutch is not going to cause any harm barring the irritating noise. I have 700 kms on the odo already and will call up the dealer right away to report the problem so that they can order the parts if they do not have it handy.

Will start an ownership thread soon once I have around 2-3k on the odo. It shouldn't take much time

Thanks for the wishes & Congratulations to you too - on yet another VW Vento TDI joining the forum, look forward to your thread, enjoy the brilliant car.

Do update when the clutch thing gets sorted...I am still waiting for the pipe to arrive.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th November 2011 at 09:36.
Old 15th November 2011, 09:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Cheers
Hey Ricky , thanks for the update on the clutch thing. In fact during a recent Mumbai-Nasik-mumbai highway drive , I found out that the clutch if depressed a bit ( like if someone is resting the front half his feet on the clutch ) gives a pronounced shudder . Is that also caused by the flawed hydraulic pipe ? During my recent 15 K km servicing , the SA also mentioned that they would be replacing the door beads in all the doors of my car which would zeroise door squeaks . It seems that they have found it to be a problem in quite a few cars and VW has decided to do that under warranty for those who complain
Cheers. Incidentally there also they gave me a timeline of 2 weeks !
Old 15th November 2011, 09:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hey Ricky , thanks for the update on the clutch thing. In fact during a recent Mumbai-Nasik-mumbai highway drive , I found out that the clutch if depressed a bit ( like if someone is resting the front half his feet on the clutch ) gives a pronounced shudder . Is that also caused by the flawed hydraulic pipe ? During my recent 15 K km servicing , the SA also mentioned that they would be replacing the door beads in all the doors of my car which would zeroise door squeaks . It seems that they have found it to be a problem in quite a few cars and VW has decided to do that under warranty for those who complain
Cheers. Incidentally there also they gave me a timeline of 2 weeks !

The clutch in my car works fine but makes this funny sound when depressed, the issue you have may be similar, but really cannot say.

As for teh door beadings needing replacement in such a short span of time that is certainly surprising. Maybe they are sourcing the rubber parts locally ?? Maybe not ? I have never had a problem on the door beading front on any of the German machines in my garage, and they are all old - some really old !!

Cheers
Old 15th November 2011, 10:07   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Hey Ricky , thanks for the update on the clutch thing. In fact during a recent Mumbai-Nasik-mumbai highway drive , I found out that the clutch if depressed a bit ( like if someone is resting the front half his feet on the clutch ) gives a pronounced shudder . Is that also caused by the flawed hydraulic pipe ?
IMO, the slight vibration on the clutch when the foot is rested on the clutch is a common thing in Ventos and it was even mentioned in the test drive report by GTO. But if it makes an audible noise then the hydraulic pipe could be the reason. Though a better hydraulic pipe design could make the vibrating clutch a little more smooth, what I (and Ricky too maybe) experience is a very pronounced sound when we depress the clutch to upshift above 2000 rpm (something similar to the sound that you get when you start an old diesel generator and it fails to start and dies down. The sound is similar to the dying down part of the generator)
Old 16th November 2011, 15:53   #59

Quote:
UPDATE :

Tankfull to tankfull checked today. Returning 17 kmpl. City running only. A.C 100% Odo at 695 kms..

Clutch pipe still not available

Cheers

I spoke to my dealer this morning regarding the clutch pipe and he seemed clueless about the solution to the problem although he acknowledged that the sound is common in all the Ventos. He asked me where I got this source of info from.
Could you please give me the dealer name and place? I can refer that to him so that he can get the circular from VW and act upon it.

Thanks!
Old 17th November 2011, 09:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratroy View Post
Hi Ricky,

I spoke to my dealer this morning regarding the clutch pipe and he seemed clueless about the solution to the problem although he acknowledged that the sound is common in all the Ventos. He asked me where I got this source of info from.
Could you please give me the dealer name and place? I can refer that to him so that he can get the circular from VW and act upon it.

Thanks!

Dealer for Gurgaon, Frontier Auto Pvt. Ltd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks