Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:36   #31

re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Did you play the DVD? I played some Yanni and my driver is absolutely taken to it:-)
The blutooth phone connection is a blessing. What I miss is a reading light for the passenger sitting in the rear seat which most often I do. FE - I depend on the FM!!!
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:52   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1951 View Post
Did you play the DVD? I played some Yanni and my driver is absolutely taken to it:-)
The blutooth phone connection is a blessing. What I miss is a reading light for the passenger sitting in the rear seat which most often I do. FE - I depend on the FM!!!
Haha yea Yanni will sound very nice. I quite like the speakers of the car.
No I havent watched a DVD yet. I am not a huge fan of watching movies in the car.

Hey which sunfilms did you get?
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:02   #33

I do not watch movies in the car- just tested the stuff. Really good. Nopes, no sun films. I avoid as I can get caught by Mumbai police any time.
Old 4th October 2011, 01:09   #34
BANNED

Congrats Mohit ! Maybe at 15.3 l you could have considered the TATA Aria - it has all that you were looking for - space, diesel driven, fuel efficient (though lesser than the Altis), superb looks, and a host of other features not available on the altis or Innova too ?

Sandy
Old 4th October 2011, 11:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not watch movies in the car- just tested the stuff. Really good. Nopes, no sun films. I avoid as I can get caught by Mumbai police any time.
Oh ok. But you can always get the RTO approved ones right? In delhi I feel films are very much needed as 7-8 months of the year we have lots of sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Congrats Mohit ! Maybe at 15.3 l you could have considered the TATA Aria - it has all that you were looking for - space, diesel driven, fuel efficient (though lesser than the Altis), superb looks, and a host of other features not available on the altis or Innova too ?
Thanks sandy. We were looking at only sedans as we already have a Innova. Secondly even today if I need to buy a MUV/SUV in 12-14 lac rupees I will either go for another Innova or the new XUV500 ( although I haven't yet checked it out). I am not a huge fan of Tata products. Most of those features do not matter to me if my car starts rattling after some time or keeps having minor niggles. My Innova has been through several different drivers, has gone on highways, state roads, bad stretches and even after 80k kms its as new as the day we bought it.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 4th October 2011, 14:43   #36
BHPian

[QUOTE I am not a huge fan of Tata products. Most of those features do not matter to me if my car starts rattling after some time or keeps having minor niggles. My Innova has been through several different drivers, has gone on highways, state roads, bad stretches and even after 80k kms its as new as the day we bought it.

Regards,
Mohit[/quote]

Congratulations on the excellent and intelligent addition to your fleet. It is a supeb value for money car which will give you trouble free and rattle free service for a very long time indeed.

Infact when it comes time to sell it you will be pleasantly surprised by the high resale value it shall command.

As you are already an existing TOYOTA customer i will not have to tell you about the great after sales service this manufacturer aims to provide. The service costs are also very reasonable. All in all an excellent choice.

I own a Qualis and a Fortuner also and my almost 2 lac KM Qualis is as trouble free and easy to drive as when i got in December 2003.

Please do add a lot of pics to this thread so we may also feast our eyes on the beauty.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Mohit,

Albeit a bit late, but congratulations on the Altis. You got yourselves a fine car, the colour white looks royal on the car.

So finally where did you take the Insurance from, was it from Tata AIG with "return to invoice" option?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely, enjoy your ride.
Old 4th October 2011, 15:09   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Infact when it comes time to sell it you will be pleasantly surprised by the high resale value it shall command.

As you are already an existing TOYOTA customer i will not have to tell you about the great after sales service this manufacturer aims to provide. The service costs are also very reasonable. All in all an excellent choice.
Thanks. I know Toyota after sales is such an amazing stress free experience all the time. Infact my experience while getting my Innova serviced from them played a very vital role in us choosing the Altis over anyother car. Also the Servicing cost is very very reasonable. For the first 10k kms I have to pay only Rs 1500 and this includes everything from oil change to filters and washing and labour charges. Isn't this amazingly cheap? Jetta would have easily costed me around 15k for the 1 year service.

Quote:
Please do add a lot of pics to this thread so we may also feast our eyes on the beauty.
Pics will be put up shortly. I am trying to figure out the proper location and time for the same. Infact I had never thought clicking pictures would be so tough. Its difficult to figure out the proper angle from which you should click the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You got yourselves a fine car, the colour white looks royal on the car.

So finally where did you take the Insurance from, was it from Tata AIG with "return to invoice" option?
I was lucky to get this colour. We had always loved this colour. It adds a lot of grace to the car. The dealer didn't have a pearl white or black(our 2nd choice) and with a heavy heart I had to choose between silver and champaign gold. Decided on the silver and was going to book when the SA called and told that some guy's payment has yet not come and if I want they can give the car to me in pearl white color.

I took Tata aig from outside finally. I still haven't got the policy details. I will surely get back to you with the detail about that feature once I get it. The agent still maintains that its applicable in cases of theft too.
Old 5th October 2011, 03:18   #39
BHPian

drmohitg slightly OT. Just curious as to how you managed to take delivery of your car and get it registered without getting the insurance papers?

I was told that I need to have the insurance papers ready when I go to take the car. They would do only TP as I am under a different RTO.

Also, what is your opinion on SBI's new car loan? Or you feel Tata AIG is better?
Old 5th October 2011, 10:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
drmohitg slightly OT. Just curious as to how you managed to take delivery of your car and get it registered without getting the insurance papers?

I was told that I need to have the insurance papers ready when I go to take the car. They would do only TP as I am under a different RTO.

Also, what is your opinion on SBI's new car loan? Or you feel Tata AIG is better?
Call me mohit mate. I got the cover note mailed directly to the dealer from my agent outside. That is all you need. The exact policy usually comes 2-3 weeks later I guess. Even the Toyota SA said this and this was one of his main reasons to push the dealer insurance as he said that we will get the whole bunch of papers at the time of delivery only so no scope of cheating, bla bla. My understanding is that generally you get the cover note and the policy is then mailed to you in some days ( maximum a month).

I went for loan from Axis bank through the dealer only. My own friendly bank ( esteemed customers) was quoting me a higher rate and the manager there himself suggested I go with the dealer offer as it was decent. We trust his opinion and so went ahead with it.

But I have read across the forum that SBI offers some of the lowest interest rates. So please do try and take the quote.
When are you taking the delivery BTW?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 14:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Call me mohit mate. I got the cover note mailed directly to the dealer from my agent outside. That is all you need. The exact policy usually comes 2-3 weeks later I guess. Even the Toyota SA said this and this was one of his main reasons to push the dealer insurance as he said that we will get the whole bunch of papers at the time of delivery only so no scope of cheating, bla bla. My understanding is that generally you get the cover note and the policy is then mailed to you in some days ( maximum a month).

I went for loan from Axis bank through the dealer only. My own friendly bank ( esteemed customers) was quoting me a higher rate and the manager there himself suggested I go with the dealer offer as it was decent. We trust his opinion and so went ahead with it.

But I have read across the forum that SBI offers some of the lowest interest rates. So please do try and take the quote.
When are you taking the delivery BTW?
Yupp, Mohit, thank you. I have taken the car loan from SBI, and they are also providing the insurance which is bumper to bumper ( I guess its the same as zero depreciation). The sum quoted by SBI for the insurance is just about 1/3 rd of the dealer's quote! And they have assured me that I will have the cover note immediately. So no worries! Now just waiting for magic call from VW to tell me my car is here! *can't hide my excitement!*
Old 5th October 2011, 14:51   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Yupp, Mohit, thank you. I have taken the car loan from SBI, and they are also providing the insurance which is bumper to bumper ( I guess its the same as zero depreciation). The sum quoted by SBI for the insurance is just about 1/3 rd of the dealer's quote! And they have assured me that I will have the cover note immediately. So no worries! Now just waiting for magic call from VW to tell me my car is here! *can't hide my excitement!*
Yea thats the same as 0% dep. Even the quote I got from Tata Aig was exactly half of the Dealers. And knowing VW its no surprise that the dealer quote might be even more inflated then toyota dealer. What was the quote you got outside? PM me the quote. Just for comparisons. It should be only little more then what I got I guess.

Yea its just too exciting to wait for the car to come. But be sure you do the PDI. I didn't do it properly but then with VW I will recommend you do it. Which colour and variant did you book?
Old 5th October 2011, 14:51   #43
BHPian

Congrats Dr. Mohit. A well written review and hats off for choosing the Altis D when there were more powerful cars available at lower prices. But its not always the BHP that matters. The Toyota experience should keep you happy for a long time.

I liked the touchscreen audio system in the new Altis. Looks very much like the one in the Jetta. The only grouse I have is about the front end of the new Altis diesel. It looks bad IMO. The earlier diesel Altis grille looked a lot nicer. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Hi!
Congrats!
I live in Mumbai. I bought the petrol version of the new Altis on July 27th after I sold the Honda City that I had for the last 4 years. I did a comparison of all the equivalent models and just fell for the car. I am still not able to get the fuel efficiency of the car as the monsoon has created a mess of Mumbai roads and steady driving speed is just not possible.
With the petrol price increase I need to watch the fuel consumption :-(
Cheers
Sriganesh
Quote:
FE wise I am not sure if the petrol one will return you more then 11 in city traffic. I have driven mine for 300 including some tense bumper to bumper traffic and I am getting an overall FE of 16 till now according to the MID.
Anything more than 9 kpl in Mumbai is a bonus. I doubt you can ever achieve 11 kpl with the traffic and roads here. Mine is the 2010 petrol and I get 8.5 kpl on an average in city conditions.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 18:17   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I finally decided on vkool and got it fixed today at the Vkool dealer, rajendar nagar. I got VK 70 on the front and H 50 on the sides and VK 75 ( now also known as X 75) on the back. The whole experience at the dealership made me feel really happy and satisfied that I choose VKOOL. The whole fitting was carried out in a professional way by well trained staff who know what they are doing. There was a very minute tear in the film on one of the side windows and without me even having to ask they changed it instantly.
Small glitch did happen when I took the car out of the shop and after driving for 2 kms my car's ABS light came on. Got anxious and called Deepak ( Vkool manager) and he told he is sending someone at my location. I just re-started the engine and the light went off. Deepak also confirmed after talking to Toyota that it is just due to some moisture and is nothing serious. Drove the car for around 40 kms after that and everything worked fine.

Rating: 9.5/10
Old 7th October 2011, 22:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I finally decided on vkool and got it fixed today at the Vkool dealer, rajendar nagar. I got VK 70 on the front and H 50 on the sides and VK 75 ( now also known as X 75) on the back. The whole experience at the dealership made me feel really happy and satisfied that I choose VKOOL. The whole fitting was carried out in a professional way by well trained staff who know what they are doing. There was a very minute tear in the film on one of the side windows and without me even having to ask they changed it instantly.
Small glitch did happen when I took the car out of the shop and after driving for 2 kms my car's ABS light came on. Got anxious and called Deepak ( Vkool manager) and he told he is sending someone at my location. I just re-started the engine and the light went off. Deepak also confirmed after talking to Toyota that it is just due to some moisture and is nothing serious. Drove the car for around 40 kms after that and everything worked fine.

Rating: 9.5/10
hey, congrats buddy on the sun film, can you share the cost breakup & any noticeable changes?

Most Viewed