Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 23:33   #76
BHPian

re: My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yea got a lift once so have sat. Wish I could take it for a spin. His garage includes a A4, Accord, Passat and the Porsche. So its a visual treat everytime I look outside my window.
Thats a great garage indeed,BTW did your car came equipped with HIDs?
Old 17th October 2011, 23:40   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
Thats a great garage indeed,BTW did your car came equipped with HIDs?
No Thats present only in the highline. Mine is the middle variant.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:14   #78
BHPian

Hello Drmohitg

Nice Pics ! Congrats on your New Corolla Altis Diesel

Its one of the best cars in its segment.

I Agree that Diesel Engine is 88.4 PS, but i drove one of my friends and was surprised with its performance / Mileage NVH and comfort. I just love this car

Still i prefer Corolla Altis Diesel over Cruze or fluence anyday

Once again congrats on your spanking New Corolla Altis

Do post some more pics
Hero Puch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 10:35   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Puch View Post
I Agree that Diesel Engine is 88.4 PS, but i drove one of my friends and was surprised with its performance / Mileage NVH and comfort. I just love this car
Yea the Engine is adequate for the city drives. Even I was extremely apprehensive till the day of delivery if I have made a wrong choice due to the lower engine specs. But its an amazing vehicle. FE has been phenomenal. I neevr expected it to be so good. See my earlier posts for the figures I achieved till now.

Quote:
Still i prefer Corolla Altis Diesel over Cruze or fluence anyday
Well out of fluence and Altis I will pick the latter anyday. Fluence diesel is a car which confuses me a lot. What exactly was renault trying to do? Although I read some rumors on the forum that they are coming out with a top variant of the diesel Fluence with all the bells and whistles of its petrol sibling by this year end. If prices are not increased then it will become a very formidable product (although I am sure they will again goof up and price it too high to enter Jetta's territory).

Cruze is a different story. If I was the one driving this car then I would have picked up the Cruze or Jetta over the Altis because they are obviously more fun to drive. It all boils down to your priorities.
Old 19th October 2011, 23:25   #80
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2011 at 11:16.
acsandeep is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th October 2011, 21:40   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Mohit,

So finally where did you take the Insurance from, was it from Tata AIG with "return to invoice" option?
Hey I finally got my policy documents today. It clearly mentions that the return to invoice feature applies to both accidents and stolen vehicles provided they are not recovered within 90 days of the theft and also a police FIR is filed for the same. Hope this clarifies.
Old 26th October 2011, 17:45   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got my set of stickers delivered. Here is a pic of the car with the same. It was a very tough job to decide which one will look the best.

My new Toyota Altis D-4D: The first one on TBHP! EDIT: Sold!-20111026-17.24.46.jpg

Hope to get spotted soon now
Old 27th October 2011, 00:19   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally got my set of stickers delivered. Here is a pic of the car with the same. It was a very tough job to decide which one will look the best.

Attachment 832642

Hope to get spotted soon now
Got bhp? Nope I got only 88PS.

The got bhp? is not the right sticker for this car. lol.

It's like asking the guy behind, do you have bhp? because I certainly don't.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:30   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Got bhp? Nope I got only 88PS.

The got bhp? is not the right sticker for this car. lol.

It's like asking the guy behind, do you have bhp? because I certainly don't.
. I thought the same for the second but this was the only one that gelled with the colour of the car the most.

Maybe I can fox them into believing I have got a pete's box installed.

PS: I love the Live to drive sticker the most. But somehow it wasn't looking very great on the slight off white colour of my car. Do you think it will look better? Also do you think I should may be put it on the left hand side of the rear bumper?

Last edited by drmohitg : 27th October 2011 at 00:32.
Old 12th November 2011, 14:11   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

A surprise gift

Just got a huge courier delivered. I was surprised to see it was from Toyota. They sent me a greeting card with a free car cover of the Altis and a car perfume with a direction compass. The gift is from the Dealership I suppose as the card is signed by CEO, Galaxy Toyota. Although I doubt I will use any of the items much but it does feel nice to receive it. Great going toyota!

Other then that the car has completed the 2000 kms mark and now I have started revving it a little more. Infact from 1500 kms onwards only I gave in to the temptation and revved it a lot. I think this 1.4L engine is one of the most rev friendly diesel engine I have come across. It doesn't send any notes of objection all the way to 4500 rpm ( that is the maximum I have done till now). The engine noise is well controlled and you feel like you are revving a petrol engine.

The fun factor is maximum in gears 3 and 4th. In 2nd I felt the car doesn't respond that well and cries for a gear shift beyond 3500-4000 rpm. The torque delivery is not that great and you feel like it should go a little faster. In 3rd and 4th on the other hand it allows you to redline it if you want and there is ample torque available to play with.
BTW would it hurt a diesel engine in the long run if you take it to higher Rpms?

The FE is a constant 17 even after all that revving in city traffic.

Last edited by drmohitg : 12th November 2011 at 14:15.
Old 12th November 2011, 17:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A surprise gift

Just got a huge courier delivered. I was surprised to see it was from Toyota. They sent me a greeting card with a free car cover of the Altis and a car perfume with a direction compass. The gift is from the Dealership I suppose as the card is signed by CEO, Galaxy Toyota. Although I doubt I will use any of the items much but it does feel nice to receive it. Great going toyota!

Other then that the car has completed the 2000 kms mark and now I have started revving it a little more. Infact from 1500 kms onwards only I gave in to the temptation and revved it a lot. I think this 1.4L engine is one of the most rev friendly diesel engine I have come across. It doesn't send any notes of objection all the way to 4500 rpm ( that is the maximum I have done till now). The engine noise is well controlled and you feel like you are revving a petrol engine.

The fun factor is maximum in gears 3 and 4th. In 2nd I felt the car doesn't respond that well and cries for a gear shift beyond 3500-4000 rpm. The torque delivery is not that great and you feel like it should go a little faster. In 3rd and 4th on the other hand it allows you to redline it if you want and there is ample torque available to play with.
BTW would it hurt a diesel engine in the long run if you take it to higher Rpms?

The FE is a constant 17 even after all that revving in city traffic.
Hey Mohit , great to see you enjoying your car - its really nice of the dealer to send you those gifts . Shows that you are getting exactly what you bought the Toyota for , exacting customer service standards - we are jealous Coming back to you query about the engine health being affected by red lining frequently - I don't think it would. All these modern engines have cut-offs designed which are well within the limits of the engines . Make sure that you use the right grade engine oil and its always above the minimum level and it should be fine. Other spin off impacts would be faster wearing out of the brake linings and shorter life of clutch pads - more so, given the traffic conditions in India.
cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 13:51   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Since taking delivery of the car, almost 2 months now, I somehow forgot to check the tyre pressure. Finally got it checked today and was shocked to see 46 all around when Toyota recommends 33 psi. Got it reduced to 33 psi but since then I am somehow not enjoying the car as much as before. The tyre noise has increased slightly ( although this may be my illusion). Also I suddenly feel as if I am running on deflated tyres. I am not sure how to describe the feeling but the ride has somewhat got a little damp, slow and unexciting.
So I wanted to ask you guys if this is just a momentary feeling since I must have got used to the 46psi in the last 2500 kms?
Also will it be harmful to the car or the tyres if I increase the tyre pressure back to 46 psi? Or atleast 40-42psi? And will this effect the FE of the car?

Is tyre noise related to the pressure in the tyres? In my case I am feeling increased noise at the recommended psi levels.

Looking forward to some inputs. Thanks.
Old 26th November 2011, 14:59   #88
Team-BHP Support

46 is plain dangerous. Please keep it at 32/33 levels only. Infact at higher speeds now you will find the car much more stable. BTW did you check the pressure after a long drive or when you just started driving? Reason being you should always check pressure when tyres are cold.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:02   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
46 is plain dangerous. Please keep it at 32/33 levels only. Infact at higher speeds now you will find the car much more stable. BTW did you check the pressure after a long drive or when you just started driving? Reason being you should always check pressure when tyres are cold.
Hmm well then I will keep them at 33 or may be increase it to 35 if it gets too bothersome. Its more to do with the psyche I am assuming.
No I got the pressure checked after a good & fast 20 km run. Does that mean I got a wrong reading?
Old 26th November 2011, 15:05   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmm well then I will keep them at 33 or may be increase it to 35 if it gets too bothersome. Its more to do with the psyche I am assuming.
No I got the pressure checked after a good & fast 20 km run. Does that mean I got a wrong reading?
It might mean your reading is a bit off. Not a big deal but whenver you just leave your house next time, get it checked. Give it a few days you will like the car at 33 psi much more.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed