Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 03:44   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo : Story of a Defective LEMON (1.2yrs of stressful ownership)

Dear All,

My figo was booked in February 2010. The booking process was quite smooth and so was the dealerships attitude(Bhavna FORD) by promising to attach at least some freebies in such a hot selling car and give me the best quote in whole Mumbai/Navi Mumbai area.

The Figo was delivered on time as it was promised, precisely on 1st June 2010. it was a birthday present gifted to me by mom.

The initial excitement of having procured my own car (though as a gift by mom) kept me satisfied with the purchase and me was happy too... albeit for sometime only !

The nightmare soon started. it was after one month of purchase in July few problems started to occur in the car. i was quite unnerved by the overall thought of having bought a car after paying such a huge sum and yet it getting little mischievous in so little time.

Took the car soon to the trusted Wasan FORD (Deonar, Mumbai) and explained them the issues that i was facing after my first month of purchase. Never knew this same "Wasan Ford dealership" would end up becoming my second home with me sharing very good love/hate relationship with their representatives based on my particular interactions with respect to the problems that simply kept on growing along with my aging car (Prematurely though!). sometimes it was cordial and sometimes it did get UGLY. not that much of a problem though, they are not robots hired by Ford, and sometimes they might have not liked their work to be focused around just one car belonging to one person, who just kept on coming with complaints (me).

Enough of the prelude...

Let me make you aware of the problem that are currently making my life much worse than hell, and sometimes also provoking me to file a legal suit against Ford INDIA for selling such a substandard product in the name of 'Value for money' proposition.

In past 18 Months, I have faced most of the complaints that i could have only accrued knowledge about after going through many different threads from T-BHP`s own forum, but in my ONE n only ONE car (FIGO).

let me just brief some here: (i am excluding the common FIGO issues here though, as FORD is yet to come up with solutions for them. for example, Scraping, Headlight low visibility etc.)

1: Squeaking sound from Rear portion of the car --->

it got rectified only after 5 times they performed repairs on it and failing. Replacement worked!

2: Gear Lever being too hard --->

Its still worse than their own test drive vehicle which has already ran for 30,000kms and mine is just 23,200kms old. kindly note i have been complaining about the same from the very first month of purchase. Gear Mass was lubricated last time (dont know what it is though)

3: Mist & Fog composition in Headlamps --->

Was provided replacement for the same.

4: Rattling noises from dashboard, steering area, rear seats, front speaker compartments --->

got it rectified finally but only after repeated attempts by Wasan FORD (with little screw being tightened by FORD on this matter).

5: Mis-Alignment of bumper after accident repair job performed, Paint mis-match, lots of free DENTS as gift from dealership itself, seat-belt lock was broken, pinholes formed on all paint job done, paint peeling off from car`s exterior, paint bubble formation.. they are just too many related to paint especially... --->

whenever these problems occurred and were reported, they were attended to. Some got fixed, and some i am still living with

6: Soft Brakes --->

Dealership is not acknowledging it, cant make them understand.
have left any hope on getting it rectified. may be figo`s are built with dumb brakes.

7: Ac Cooling not Optimally --->

Got it rectified after they did some cleaning etc. I dont exactly know a technical term for that.

8: Hitch Hitch Hitch sound from space between the door and roof on driver side --->

at first, Ford simply didn't acknowledge it. most of it due to interference of Mr.Kalra (regional manager in that time) and his stern warning to the dealership to not to give in to any of my complaints, unless they are way too prominent to becomes a issue for FORD in the later period. but the dealership, at that time still performed the job on my insistence and got it rectified (yeah, wasan helped here).

9: Bad Pickupwas notified --->

ECU was reset, me still not happy with the pickup of the car, but again may be its how FIGO is built.

10: SOUND coming after pressing brakes, clutch and handbrake --->

Still exists and got it acknowledged today itself by ford SA

11: Rear washer failed twice --->

Got it replaced/repaired same number of times.

12: Water Leakage from right rear door-beadings and driver`s footwell --->

Got it repaired after 2 visits at Wasan Ford

13: Horn gone bad (twice) --->

Replaced once, will ask for the same again now

14:
Suspensions making noise, they still do, but FORD said today the source are Handbrakes now --->

This especially happens when 2 or 3 people try sitting in the car and when they get up, somehow exerting and releasing the pressure on the shock absorbers. but still, the FORD`s SA was adamant its a handbrake cable problem and will try to rectify it next time i give my car at dealership (on monday, 3rd OCT 2011), not sure if i should give my car to them now though... also it happened earlier while going over humps..

15: Most CRITICAL one... Handbrake failure (still persists after making complaints in first few months of purchase and again numerous times and yet today it was acknowledged by FORD`s SA on 1st OCT 2011 in writing of still existing) --->

a problem so old and life threatening, somehow still finds its presence in our lives. seriously shame on FORD for this one and the brake issue.

16: Front Driver Seat had loose bolts. lost its position on its own while driving and i was freaking that close to DEATH ! --->

Bolts were tightened and it never happened again. But yeah, it still sends shivers down my spine.

17:
Air Bag Safety Light ON --->

Happened 3 times, still does intermittently. have already sent pictures to Wasan Ford as proof. they did something they say, but still happens sometimes on its own.

18: Foul Smell from AC --->

Cleaning helped !

19: Left rear door making noise when someone sits --->

Was resolved after boiled down to the defective position of the levers in lock and the space provided in the car`s fitment for lock to attach on.

20: KHAS KHAS sound when car starts ALTERNATOR belt issue --->

no acknowledgement of the same when given for rectification, however today the FORD`s SA agreed its an fault with the alternator BELT !!!

21: My car doesn't only scrape but bottoms out the chassis with a nice thud sound --->

The car just used to scrape earlier. Now the lower portion simply hits, by hits I mean a loud thud noise comes from the underbelly of the car making it a daunting task to drive this cars thanks to the deadly combination of pathetic road conditions and ford figo's sub standard quality of suspension system installed. PROVED it to the Ford`s SA and he agreed reluctantly.

earlier he said that the speed breaker is uneven, that's why such a scathing thud on the chassis, later took him to panvel for another joy ride over humps.. he clearly saw a swift and indica filled with lot many people getting over the hump easily.. and ours THUMP`d like a bass machine. it pained me... its my moneys worth that`s getting thump`d from below !

so in his report he writes.. one pothole was uneven (thane belapur and reluctantly write 2 as normal when i persist and ask him logic behind such theory)

21: Front right door lock has failed now --->

Can be opened only from inside, not outside. Tried opening manually and automatically.. FAILED ! Ford`s SA acknowledged today.

There are many more issues.. just please go through the multiupload link attached here at the end of this post.

i have attached a .zip file containing my vehicles history, a set of mails that i`d sent to ford for help, the current issue that my car`s stuck on, the acknowledgement by FORD`s SA as of today etc etc..

somehow after having 6hrs of driving (126kms) today (from vashi to thane, then to JNPT and then to Panvel) to convince FORD`s SA of the existence of issues that i`d raised complaint for, has totally left me drained out and certainly with my above post i clearly have missed on writing with my usual flare, but what to do ? i feel like being brain-dead now !

sorry for the inconvenience guys..

Please Members of T-BHP go through all of it if you can find time and please let me know...

Have I been served a LEMON here ?

please go through my car`s service history etc on this link..

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

i could not attach the whole document as its a 17.5mb Zip file.
i am really sorry if i have broken any rule here, and if i have.. please let me know an alternate method of uploading the file itself to T-BHP itself, keeping in consideration the big size of the same.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 08:59   #2
BHPian

Re: FORD FIGO: Story of a Defective LEMON (1.2yrs of stressful ownership)

Oh boy. Sorry to hear about your Figo Dinesh. Did you try contacting the area Manager/Executive for Ford?
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:48   #3
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@ Dinesh.

Sorry to hear the problems you have faced with your Figo. I own a Fusion TDCI and run 1.22 Lakh kms. No problems as such other than the squeaky noise from the doors.

For sure, you seem to have been served a whole platter of lemon

I would suggest you to drop an email at write2md@ford.com. You should get all the help that you need from here.
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sad that a new car is giving you so much grief!

Squeaks and rattles are becoming increasingly common in our cars. Either that or we are becoming more aware of these issues.

You mentioned that the bumper misalignment was after an accident repair. How serious was the accident?

Also, the driver seat losing its position while driving is one scary incident man! I hope you raised hell with Ford over that.

Just out of curiosity, your Figo is petrol or diesel?
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:17   #5
Team-BHP Support

I'm sure it must be heart-wrenching to list out so many issues with your car.

What is the warranty on your Figo? Reason I ask is, if you pursue this matter very seriously, hopefully you should be able to rectify all the niggles without any cost.

Before everything, had you performed a PDI to ensure a accident-free and non-TD car was allotted to you. There are increasing cases of customers being passed off imperfect vehicles.

It is highly unacceptable for the Regional Manager to ask your dealer not to tend to your problems. You should take this to the higher management and list out the detailed history.

Btw, how severe was the accident? Did any problems (apart from mis-alignment, paint issues) crop up after repair. Maybe, A.S.S. didn't do a good job there.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:28   #6
Team-BHP Support

Really sorry to hear so many issues in the brand new car purchase.

Is your Figo - petrol or diesel? If its a diesel, have you considered selling the vehicle and purchasing another? The high resale value of diesel variants will ensure your loss is less. Much better than hundreds of visits to the SC and the tension for the same.

But, before that - please escalate the issues in detail to their Ford leadership. Dealing only with the service center may not be of help with so many issues in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Squeaks and rattles are becoming increasingly common in our cars. Either that or we are becoming more aware of these issues.
Cars are being built more and more, to offer cheaper price tags- thus affecting the build quality.

In the case of Figo - Ford had to built it to a price tag much below Swift. And that VFM price tag ensured the success of the Figo. But at the same time, it also ensured the quality levels wont be in the same levels - say, as that of a Fiesta which is also built on the same platform.

Somehow, i feel Honda is the only one in the segment to have hit a good balance between quality and VFM pricing (Now!) with the new Brio and Jazz.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

@Dinesh,

Very sorry to hear that you have experience so many issues with the new car. Also very surprised to hear that the dealer was Wasan Ford, I had purchased my Fiesta from them and I had assumed that they would be good in the after sales based on my buying experience which obviously is not the case.

As others have suggested it will be appropriate to raise the issue with the senior most people at Ford. I hope nowhere has your driving style in any way contributed to the above list of problems.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

No your car is no lemon, This is how most figos are today. I have replied to most of your problems. Read my reply below.

Quote:
1: Squeaking sound from Rear portion of the car --->
Have the same problem in my car. Check Bhpian Vinboy's posts. His figo has the same problem. Both of us tried going to the A.s.S to slove this but so far nothing has happened. So called experts from Chennai ford plant were called to fix the rattling sound. Worked for 10 days and then the sounds come back.

Quote:
2: Gear Lever being too hard --->
The gears are slightly hard compared to other cars. I have done a little over 15,000KM and now the gears are getting harder and harder.

Quote:
3: Mist & Fog composition in Headlamps --->
Same problem here, Yet to get this solved.

Quote:
4: Rattling noises from dashboard, steering area, rear seats, front speaker compartments --->
Again same problem here. the steering area rattle is coming from the plastic part sitting on top of the console area. This needs to be removed and re-fixed.

Quote:
5: Mis-Alignment of bumper after accident repair job performed, Paint mis-match, lots of free DENTS as gift from dealership itself, seat-belt lock was broken, pinholes formed on all paint job done, paint peeling off from car`s exterior, paint bubble formation.. they are just too many related to paint especially... --->
I share your thoughts and concerns, I wasn't too happy with the way the body shop handled my car. Had to follow up and point out small details to get everything fixed up. But this is not a problem with the car but a problem with the workshop.

Quote:
6: Soft Brakes --->
The original brake pads had a nice strong/fast braking but these used to make horrible sounds when you brake, the new brake pads are soft and take a bit longer to stop.

Quote:
7: Ac Cooling not Optimally --->
Never had this problem until now (TOUCH WOOD)

Quote:
8: Hitch Hitch Hitch sound from space between the door and roof on driver side --->
Same problem here, No fix offered by the A.S.S

Quote:
9: Bad Pickupwas notified --->
Again car same issue with my car. Never reported it to the A.S.S as there way too many other problems.

Quote:
10: SOUND coming after pressing brakes, clutch and handbrake --->
Could you explain about this a little better?

Quote:
11: Rear washer failed twice --->
Dont have a rear washer and thankfully the front one works fine.

Quote:
12: Water Leakage from right rear door-beadings and driver`s footwell --->
I have water leaking into the cabin from the front windshield!

Quote:
13: Horn gone bad (twice) --->
Thankfully mine still works.

Quote:
14: Suspensions making noise, they still do, but FORD said today the source are Handbrakes now --->
Again same issue with my car. every time someone gets in or out of the car you hear the rear spings making a kar kar kar sound.
No fix for this. Live with it is what the A.S.S tells me indirectly

Quote:
15: Most CRITICAL one... Handbrake failure (still persists after making complaints in first few months of purchase and again numerous times and yet today it was acknowledged by FORD`s SA on 1st OCT 2011 in writing of still existing) --->
This is a bad one.

Quote:
16: Front Driver Seat had loose bolts. lost its position on its own while driving and i was freaking that close to DEATH ! --->
Very very seriously issue! Ask them to replace the driver side seat ASAP.

Quote:
17: Air Bag Safety Light ON --->
No answer to this.

Quote:
18: Foul Smell from AC --->
No answer to this.

Quote:
19: Left rear door making noise when someone sits --->
Thankfully dont have this problem.

Quote:
20: KHAS KHAS sound when car starts ALTERNATOR belt issue --->
Couple of other figo have had this sound coming. It was diagnosed to a faulty tensioner pulley.

Quote:
21: My car doesn't only scrape but bottoms out the chassis with a nice thud sound --->
Maintain a tyre pressure of 34 -36 and drive real slow over speed breakers.

Quote:
Have I been served a LEMON here ?
no I face most of the problems listed by you. I still haven't got time to visit the A.S.S to rectify all of them.
Captain Slow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
No your car is no lemon, This is how most figos are today. I have replied to most of your problems. Read my reply below.
BANG! On Target. Now thats what is called hitting the nail on the ..Err.. Lemon. If you read the figo threads, most of the issues have been reported for the Figo's that came out during the early 2010.

But then I guess you should not compromise on certain issues.
1. " most of it due to interference of Mr.Kalra (regional manager in that time) and his stern warning to the dealership to not to give in to any of my complaints"
2.Handbrake failure (still persists after making complaints in first few months of purchase and again numerous times and yet today it was acknowledged by FORD`s SA on 1st OCT 2011 in writing of still existing)
3.Front Driver Seat had loose bolts. lost its position on its own while driving and i was freaking that close to DEATH

By the was there is an old saying "When 'FORD' gives you lemons, ask for Lemonade". Dont go by that saying, try to get the lemon rectified.
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
As one wisecrack said "Thats what the music system is for - so that you dont hear the squeaks and rattles."
basky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Oh boy. Sorry to hear about your Figo Dinesh. Did you try contacting the area Manager/Executive for Ford?
Thanks for the concern buddy

i have been in touch with FORD from the earliest and also
have maintained proper co-ordination between the regional managers
of ford assigned for western region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Sorry to hear the problems you have faced with your Figo. I own a Fusion TDCI and run 1.22 Lakh kms. No problems as such other than the squeaky noise from the doors. For sure, you seem to have been served a whole platter of lemon

I would suggest you to drop an email at write2md@ford.com. You should get all the help that you need from here.
Wish i could say the same about my Figo. it has been the only problem that`s still is not ready to leave me alone. I already am in touch with write2md and guess what, they have not even sent a formal reply mail towards my current concerns. feels dicey...

Quote:
Sad that a new car is giving you so much grief!

You mentioned that the bumper misalignment was after an accident repair. How serious was the accident?

Also, the driver seat losing its position while driving is one scary incident man! I hope you raised hell with Ford over that.

Just out of curiosity, your Figo is petrol or diesel?
I normally neglect such small niggles and would usually ask for simple repairs of the same. what i fail to understand is their reappearance and that too many times.

i will explain about the accident incident in my next post, it wasn't serious at all and the car was stationary on both times.

its a diesel titanium 1.4tdci purchase on June 1 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm sure it must be heart-wrenching to list out so many issues with your car.

What is the warranty on your Figo? Reason I ask is, if you pursue this matter very seriously, hopefully you should be able to rectify all the niggles without any cost.

Before everything, had you performed a PDI to ensure a accident-free and non-TD car was allotted to you. There are increasing cases of customers being passed off imperfect vehicles.

It is highly unacceptable for the Regional Manager to ask your dealer not to tend to your problems. You should take this to the higher management and list out the detailed history.

Btw, how severe was the accident? Did any problems (apart from mis-alignment, paint issues) crop up after repair. Maybe, A.S.S. didn't do a good job there.
Figo carries 2 year default warranty and 1 year extended. Just thinking what will happen once my warranty lapses :( FORD will then simply ignore me as someone who had purchase their car and is not out of warranty coverage policy. Because most of the issues that i have mentioned keep on recurring on day to day basis.

Yes ! proper PDI was carried and i found the car to be normal condition during delivery.

There is a limit to who you could reach @ford_india in the name of higher management. it`s either the consumer redressal representatives available on their call or at maximum you can come in contact with the Regional Manager. Write2MD never did anything about the Earlier RM then, if you could go through my files attached you can see i`d written a clear email @ford india to help me with the same, but i guess it fell on dumb ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Really sorry to hear so many issues in the brand new car purchase.

Is your Figo - petrol or diesel? If its a diesel, have you considered selling the vehicle and purchasing another? The high resale value of diesel variants will ensure your loss is less. Much better than hundreds of visits to the SC and the tension for the same.

But, before that - please escalate the issues in detail to their Ford leadership. Dealing only with the service center may not be of help with so many issues in the car.

Cars are being built more and more, to offer cheaper price tags- thus affecting the build quality.

In the case of Figo - Ford had to built it to a price tag much below Swift. And that VFM price tag ensured the success of the Figo. But at the same time, it also ensured the quality levels wont be in the same levels - say, as that of a Fiesta which is also built on the same platform.

Somehow, i feel Honda is the only one in the segment to have hit a good balance between quality and VFM pricing (Now!) with the new Brio and Jazz.
Its a Diesel. I know i can sell it off and get relieved of this tension.
but then when i`d paid a price for something that seemed full of wonderful things and now is nothing but a piece of s**t. I dont just want to give in into FORD`s high handedness and accept my defeat. if they are OK with selling substandard products/vehicles in INDIA, they should also be OK with acknowledging the very existence of such defects in their cars and giving a definite timeline for providing resolutions for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Dinesh,

Very sorry to hear that you have experience so many issues with the new car. Also very surprised to hear that the dealer was Wasan Ford, I had purchased my Fiesta from them and I had assumed that they would be good in the after sales based on my buying experience which obviously is not the case.

As others have suggested it will be appropriate to raise the issue with the senior most people at Ford. I hope nowhere has your driving style in any way contributed to the above list of problems.
Nope. that is not the case here. Yesterday i also made the FORD`s appointed SA to closely monitor my driving skills and also drive the vehicle by himself over the affected areas. He had no reservations with regards to my driving capabilities, yet seemed reluctant on even accepting the most common FORD FIGOs problems.

Quote:
Thank you for your reply captain
a little bit of clarification from my side here...

Quote:
Have the same problem in my car. Check Bhpian Vinboy's posts. His figo has the same problem. Both of us tried going to the A.s.S to slove this but so far nothing has happened. So called experts from Chennai ford plant were called to fix the rattling sound. Worked for 10 days and then the sounds come back.
Mine got rectified too a large extent after visiting the dealership over and over again for rectification of the same issue and going through the acceptance/non acknowledgement 'drama' created by dealership and Ford`s RM for western region both.

some sound still there... but Yes ! the music system helps in this case.

Quote:
The gears are slightly hard compared to other cars. I have done a little over 15,000KM and now the gears are getting harder and harder.
mine is hard from day 1. drove a 30000kms driven figo yesterday. its much more precise and smooth. even Ford`s SA acknowledged it and they have been acknowledging the same from past many times, but Yet i await a proper solution of the same.

Trust me they will get more rough and Hard as you reach towards the 30,000kms mark as your`s have already started to get rough now.

Quote:
Again same problem here. the steering area rattle is coming from the plastic part sitting on top of the console area. This needs to be removed and re-fixed.
mine is somewhat fixed Or may be i have simply learned to live with it

Quote:
I share your thoughts and concerns, I wasn't too happy with the way the body shop handled my car. Had to follow up and point out small details to get everything fixed up. But this is not a problem with the car but a problem with the workshop.
Their body shop is the worst. people are unaccountable for their mistakes and most of the times they simply ignore your request for detailed description for the reason such misdeeds occurring at service bay or bodyshop for that matter.

Quote:
The original brake pads had a nice strong/fast braking but these used to make horrible sounds when you brake, the new brake pads are soft and take a bit longer to stop.
mine were never changed. Feels totally uninspiring. I have given up on this issue.

Quote:
Hand Brake sound etc
Could you explain about this a little better?
when i apply brake at a slow speed, it makes sound as if these brakes are of some 10 year old lorry. Hand Brakes especially during monsoon, get stuck on to tyres. its like even if disengage the HANDBRAKE, it would still remain applied on the car`s wheels and would raise the whole back side of the car and only after heavy acceleration, it would let the car loose.

its happening from past 2 monsoons that i have faced with this car.

Quote:
Dont have a rear washer and thankfully the front one works fine.
Good for you. for me its simply not serving its purpose.

Quote:
I have water leaking into the cabin from the front windshield!
did they provide any resolution for the same ?
Quote:

Again same issue with my car. every time someone gets in or out of the car you hear the rear spings making a kar kar kar sound.
No fix for this. Live with it is what the A.S.S tells me indirectly
They say that to me very bluntly. i say i cant accept such things. my friends mock me due to this man.

Quote:
This is a bad one.
repeated complaints and no solution yet.

Quote:
Very very seriously issue! Ask them to replace the driver side seat ASAP.
they simply tightened the bolts.

Quote:
Couple of other figo have had this sound coming. It was diagnosed to a faulty tensioner pulley.
mine was not acknowledged first when i left my car @wasanford for 3 days and only when i showed and proved it to them in person yesterday the FORD`s SA acknowledged the same.

Quote:
Maintain a tyre pressure of 34 -36 and drive real slow over speed breakers.
i maintain 36 front and 41 back as specified in manual. My car is usually filled with more than 3 people onboard and thats best i guess.

Quote:
no I face most of the problems listed by you. I still haven't got time to visit the A.S.S to rectify all of them.
i can only wish that your problems get resolved and you dont end up like a stuck up that i`ve turned after purchasing this FIGO.

anyways though its a really bad car... engine is good though

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2011 at 11:06. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 16:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

That is probably the case but I would like to understand this a bit better. What are the factors that contribute to these rattles? And where do they cut costs that result in a new car rattling?

Just because i am paying less than X.XX lakhs for a new car, means i should accept a rattler? It seems unfair to me. Same is the case for panel gaps too then?

Quote:
No your car is no lemon, This is how most figos are today.
What the what! I dont mean any offense to you Captain. I am just somewhat dazed. How can a product with so many problems be such a huge hit in the market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
As one wisecrack said "Thats what the music system is for - so that you dont hear the squeaks and rattles."
Heh. Yeah but dont go for those cheap chinese imitation sound systems. You might end up signing your death warrant there.
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:28   #13
BHPian

About Accident:

My Figo has faced 2 accidents till now.

3/6/2010

The Dicky and Rear bumper was nudged by a motorist leaving a small 2 diameter dent on the car`s boot door body line and a small deformity in the bumper. The car was parked in the parking area of my residing society and was stationary position. As the accident happened soon after purchasing the car, I instantly utilized my insurance cover to get the deformity rectified.

Second accident occurred when the car was parked at vashi and a bike came out of nowhere and scraped my left front door, fender and front bumper from left side. No dents or anything, but scratches all over the affected parts. The car was again sent @wasanford for rectification of the same.

I or my car has not yet have suffered any major accident. So its very hard for me to believe that it might have caused the issues that I have listed above.

also the rear door noise issue was reported before the accident actually took place, on the day of delivery. SA told it would be rectified and I obliged without having any info about the future that i`m going to share with this lethal purchase
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

So should we gather from the last few posts that the Figo in question is NOT a lemon and shares these problems with all its siblings? Then how come we have so many happy owners here on the forums and otherwise? I have heard guys like anilisanil and ajnagpur positively gush about their Figos at the Pune meets! There's more to this than meets the eye. After all the Figo was Car of the Year 2010 on T-BHP!
Old 2nd October 2011, 18:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
So should we gather from the last few posts that the Figo in question is NOT a lemon and shares these problems with all its siblings? Then how come we have so many happy owners here on the forums and otherwise? I have heard guys like anilisanil and ajnagpur positively gush about their Figos at the Pune meets! There's more to this than meets the eye. After all the Figo was Car of the Year 2010 on T-BHP!
'Car of the Year' Cars cant be called defective ?

Even if it shares this issues with all its siblings, should we just neglect ?

Has only one car ever possessed all the problems listed above ?

Figo is a good car at a good price. Some tolerate its problems though i am done with it after having borne such abysmal service and torture from ford and repeated issues.

you can also check all the files attached in the multiupload link in case you might be having any kind of doubts about me

warm regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks