Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 18:07   #46
BHPian

Re: My New Tata Manza comes home !

Update is that there are no updates ! Many plans of long drives thrown out of the window because someone or the other falling sick, at home. Jinxed, me thinks. Hopefully, the Kollur trip will materialize.

Car is doing fine. Poor guy is restricted to daily office commute, which is some 35 km per day. To those who ask, 'how is the car' I say, good so far. Steering became tight, I guess. I get a shoulder strain after my daily office drive. Need to try another car to compare.

Make love, not war.
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:09   #47
BHPian

AC Compressor blown out !!

I was all happy and satisfied with my Manza. Untill today.

When I was driving to office today, there came a noise from the front, and a foul burning smell from the AC vents. Upon getting it inspected from prerana old madras road, they said that the compressor has blown out and its better the HVAC system, be replaced. The problem is that the spares are not readily available, and it would take a week to get that. And we are just 2 days away from that ever-illusive kollur trip. I called up the GM of Prerana and he said he'll do all he can to make it by 25th.

Two thing are extremely dis-appointing:

1. I believed that Tatas have finally come up with a quality product. Apparently, not yet. I was convinced about the quality of Manza, even though some opposition from my family. Now I have to cut a sorry figure in front of them. What if a critical part fails, on a long drive, they say.

2. We are going on a much anticipated long-drive, on 26th Jan. Our first one in the new car. All arrangemets have been made, hotel bookings, some other relatives are joining us, and also a function at Kollur temple. I don’t think it will be as enjoyable as it should be.

Any thoughts, guys?
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to know the about issue with your Manza compressor. I think this is a one off case, which can happen to any car, but then you would ask "why me" or "why only my car". Don't let the problem of your car mar your pre-planned trip. You can exercise any one of the following 3 options:
1. Ask Prerana Motors for a loaned vehicle (none other than Manza), while you car is in their garage getting fixed.
2. You can hire a car & drive yourself
3. You can hire a car with a driver & enjoy the time that you can spend with your family.

Thank your stars that this happened well before you had embarked on your much deserved trip & you still have some time at hand to plan out for other options. Had this happened in the middle of your trip, it would have been all the more frustrating.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd January 2012 at 19:10.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:40   #49
BHPian

Thanks for your words, AutoIndian. I've decided to go ahead in my car, without A/C. Its unlikely to rain, and not that hot. So we should be ok.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Thanks for your words, AutoIndian. I've decided to go ahead in my car, without A/C. Its unlikely to rain, and not that hot. So we should be ok.
That's the spirit

Bon Voyage for your trip & hopefully you would be able to come back with sweet memories of your trip & your car.
Old 24th January 2012, 21:37   #51
BHPian

I am keeping vigil on this thread. On some other thread Iam finding hard to decide b/w manza and the classic fiesta.

Regarding the a/c, now this is the third Tata product which I know whose a/c went kaput in no time. Two other vehicles are my relatives Sumo and Indica respectively.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about the compressor, well my white whale is under the weather as well after the accident on 8th Jan, parts were not available and hence the delay in fixing, but now the parts have arrived at Tafe Reach Ltd, Chennai and it should be fixed by this weekend (Finger Crossed). Well i guess its a one off case since my car covered some 8200kms till date and not faced a single issue except for that "Jerking" problem which was fixed by Prerana.

But good spirit to drive your car, i was going to suggest that as well, since its not that hot now, the western ghats should be pleasant.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:34   #53
BHPian

Good news, Folks ! I've just took the delivery of my car after the repair.

On monday, I escalated the matter to GM of Prerana, and Tata Customer service manager. They assured me they'll do everything they can, but I was not convinced. I was all set to go without the A/c. On Tuesday, I get the call from GM Prerana, asking to bring the car to the service centre asap. I gave the car by 6pm on tue, and got it back by 4pm today. The commitment and eagerness was very obvious. Good job by Mr Ravindra and team at Prerana OMR service centre. Car is as good as new now. BTW, not a single angry word was exchanged.

Last edited by vrvarier : 25th January 2012 at 18:44.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On monday, I escalated the matter to GM of Prerana, and Tata Customer service manager. They assured me they'll do everything they can, but I was not convinced. I was all set to go without the A/c. On Tuesday, I get the call from GM Prerana, asking to bring the car to the service centre asap. I gave the car by 6pm on tue, and got it back by 4pm today. The commitment and eagerness was very obvious. Good job by Mr Ravindra and team at Prerana OMR service centre. Car is as good as new now. BTW, not a single angry word was exchanged.
That's indeed a good news. If there is a will there is a way & Prerana guys here have shown that they were really concerned. Kudos for their prompt action. You can now have a peaceful trip. But I would advice, before embarking on the trip take her for a long spin, at least 50 odd kms & make sure that all the systems, especially the AC is working fine & once convinced only then start your journey.

All the best for your trip.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats vv, it was a prompt response from Prerana, can you please PM me the GM's number or contact details. Like Autoindian said, perform a short drive and then go, but i guess by the time i am writing this post you have already reached Kollur, all the best for the trip
Old 29th January 2012, 17:34   #56
BHPian

Hi vrvarier,

Even I have booked the same version same colour from same dealer for 2012 model, can you let me know SA who dealt with you and how was your booking and delivery process? and did you went to their the stock yard for doing PDI

Regards
Old 30th January 2012, 08:49   #57
BHPian

Great to hear that TML and Prerana were able to address your issue on time. Great to see the commitment levels in ensuring your satisfaction (surprising to say, considering their pathetic reputation specifically around addressing issues). Will keep hooked on to your ownership experience.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:31   #58
BHPian

Quick update, folks: We had a good trip to kollur and back. Manza did extremely well, on some of the most terrible stretches (we lost our way :-) ). A short travelogue coming up. Thanks for all the wishes.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Hi vrvarier,

Even I have booked the same version same colour from same dealer for 2012 model, can you let me know SA who dealt with you and how was your booking and delivery process? and did you went to their the stock yard for doing PDI

Regards
Hey, welcome to the manza club and best of luck. My sales guy was Raghavendra of lalbag road office. He was a nice guy, but can't say highly knowledgeable, though. But he did'nt tell me any non-sense. I got my car in 2 days, after full payment. They brought the car to the showroom and I did the PDI there. Before that they msg'ed me the chassis number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Great to hear that TML and Prerana were able to address your issue on time. Great to see the commitment levels in ensuring your satisfaction (surprising to say, considering their pathetic reputation specifically around addressing issues). Will keep hooked on to your ownership experience.
True. I did'nt expect this to happed before my trip. But apparently they are very keen on customer feedback. I called the customer service manager of TML, and just told him my name, he had all the details.
Old 30th January 2012, 13:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick update, folks: We had a good trip to kollur and back. Manza did extremely well, on some of the most terrible stretches (we lost our way :-) ). A short travelogue coming up. Thanks for all the wishes.
Congratulations on completing a successful trip. Hope you would have enjoyed it to the fullest given that your car performed flawlessly. Looking froward to go through your travelogue.

Most Viewed