Old 13th February 2012, 23:18   #61
BHPian

Re: Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Glad that this has been sorted out.
Old 5th August 2012, 15:33   #62
BHPian

Updates after driving over 8000 Kms.

I have been intending to provide regular updates on the Jazz but after taking over as the Branch Head for the newly opened office for my company (a General Insurance company) at Indore, life has been extremely hectic and hence this contribution after a long gap.

Recently got the 1st paid service done: Other than the routine checks, cleaning inside and outside nothing much was done and no oil change was done. Oil change was done as part of the previous service.

Over these 9 months, have driven it to few places within M.P. Travelled to Ratlam, Bhopal, Sendhwa, Ujjain. From Indore to both Ratlam and Sendhwa is about 160 kms each.

Over the highway, the drive is really good what with the terrific 'cockpit' view that the driver gets. It is neatly complemented by the great rear view. As always, the space availability within the car is amazing and is a big boon. In each of my travels, occasionally crossed the 100 kmph mark but otherwise kept around the 80s zone since I was neither going to reach my destination very quickly nor I was in a Formula 1 racing track.

What I have observed is that (not only in this car but also others) is that when the acceleration is smooth, then the vehicle likes it and returns a good mileage - otherwise it immediately impacts. Over the highways, she has been returning an average in the range of 18.5 to 21.5 (measuring tank to tank). I did keep the readings for a faithful reproduction in this forum, but as mentioned earlier, just did not have the time to complete the task. But going forward will do it in an organized fashion.

Within the city, she is very good. But there are few points that do not the car any favor:

a. Low end torque - you have to shift the gears in the stop and go traffic
b. It would have been good to have the ACC - however, it is not a deal breaker
c. Now that the car has has gone through the rains that visited Indore, I felt that wiper should clean the right side of the window even more - at the current position, there is sizeable area which accumulates water droplets and can blur the vision.
d. They should have given the 2nd trip meter.
e. Instead of the orange colored background light in the console, they should have provided the luminous white - to me that always looked better.

Other notes:

a. Had a tyre puncture about a month back. It was my 1st experience in changing a tyre. Did not have any issues in doing so. A huge nail was the culprit.
b. Right under the body / door frame on the sides (and not under the door), Honda has provide a covering protecting the body from scratches from the various items on the road. This covering is body colored.
c. I normally clean the car myself and in the process clean the underside of the car itself and in doing so, I felt some "rough" patch on the underside. Thinking that it was mud, I vigorously cleaned it only to find the "roughness" not going anywhere. And then I knelt below to see what is causing this roughness, I discovered the body protector. This is kind of very neat on the part of Honda.
d. The noise levels percolating inside the cabin is very less and on smooth highways such as the one when I drove to Sendhwa or the road patch from Badnawar to Ratlam, the car was noiseless.

There was a question from Coolmel regarding the Reclining factor in the rear seats. Am attaching photograph which hopefully will clarify the issue.

Finally, the issue that was dogging the Honda: Replacing the Honeycomb grill with the Grill meant for "X" variant and the spoiler. After I served a notice to Honda Headquarters in India, initially they agreed to provide the refund but within 2 days of this 'agreement' they informed me that the parts had arrived and that they would replace them.

Now, with Supreme Court going hammer and tong on the issue of removal of sun films I guess it is a matter of time that the investment that I made on this goes down the drain. Strange are the ways. I believe that the companies, the distributors and the end sellers who are involved in this should also be taken to task. Let me what happens.

My thanks to fellow BHPians, RavenAvi, Mehul, Suhas and Adimicra for the support that they have provided.

Photographs - mostly taken at Vanvihar at Bhopal and few at Indore.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00009.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00028.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00029.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00037-copy.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00038.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00039-copy.jpg

Not sure what this insect is but boy, this one could dance and run like crazy !!

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00042.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00063-copy.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00055.jpg

This is the best that I could manage in getting a photograph of the under body protection.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0422.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0424.jpg

One seat fully reclined. The other part in the normal position.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0427.jpg

Scratches acquired while reversing a bit carelessly.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0431.jpg

Some careless person on the road made these scratches.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0436.jpg

A panoramic view of the Lake adjacent to the Vanvihar at Bhopal.

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-pict0293pict0295_c.jpg

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-bhopal00064.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-img_0426.jpg  

Last edited by aaren : 5th August 2012 at 15:40.
aaren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 15:56   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear your update after a long gap, my friend. And really glad that the Jazz has been sprucing up your life with it's melodious music throughout this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Over the highway, the drive is really good what with the terrific 'cockpit' view that the driver gets. It is neatly complemented by the great rear view. As always, the space availability within the car is amazing and is a big boon. In each of my travels, occasionally crossed the 100 kmph mark but otherwise kept around the 80s zone since I was neither going to reach my destination very quickly nor I was in a Formula 1 racing track.
Indeed, it's all about sedate driving in the Jazz. Not only that, the roads in MP/CG don't permit going crazy with the speeds either.

Quote:
What I have observed is that (not only in this car but also others) is that when the acceleration is smooth, then the vehicle likes it and returns a good mileage - otherwise it immediately impacts. Over the highways, she has been returning an average in the range of 18.5 to 21.5 (measuring tank to tank). I did keep the readings for a faithful reproduction in this forum, but as mentioned earlier, just did not have the time to complete the task. But going forward will do it in an organized fashion.
Great FE figures, I must admit. Yes, near-constant acceleration & speeds help immensely. The Jazz could have benefited with the "ECO" indicator IMO, and Honda should have introduced it in the launch last year (seeing as they provided it in both the Brio and the 2012 City).

Quote:
Within the city, she is very good. But there are few points that do not the car any favor:

a. Low end torque - you have to shift the gears in the stop and go traffic
A problem with the City as well. Low end torque is almost non-existent.

Quote:
c. Now that the car has has gone through the rains that visited Indore, I felt that wiper should clean the right side of the window even more - at the current position, there is sizeable area which accumulates water droplets and can blur the vision.
That could actually turn out to be a serious problem. The City's right wiper (the longer one) does quite a neat job of cleaning the windshield.

Quote:
e. Instead of the orange colored background light in the console, they should have provided the luminous white - to me that always looked better.
Mostly to do with carrying over the original instrumentation of the older Jazz, rather than integrating the newer one.

Quote:
b. Right under the body / door frame on the sides (and not under the door), Honda has provide a covering protecting the body from scratches from the various items on the road. This covering is body colored.

c. I normally clean the car myself and in the process clean the underside of the car itself and in doing so, I felt some "rough" patch on the underside. Thinking that it was mud, I vigorously cleaned it only to find the "roughness" not going anywhere. And then I knelt below to see what is causing this roughness, I discovered the body protector. This is kind of very neat on the part of Honda.
Nice! I haven't checked my City yet for this. Great to know!

Quote:
The noise levels percolating inside the cabin is very less and on smooth highways such as the one when I drove to Sendhwa or the road patch from Badnawar to Ratlam, the car was noiseless.
Suspension is butter smooth. I am sure the tyres contribute to this as well. MRFs?

Quote:
Finally, the issue that was dogging the Honda: Replacing the Honeycomb grill with the Grill meant for "X" variant and the spoiler. After I served a notice to Honda Headquarters in India, initially they agreed to provide the refund but within 2 days of this 'agreement' they informed me that the parts had arrived and that they would replace them.
Great! I see from the pics that they have added them. Look classy!

Quote:
Now, with Supreme Court going hammer and tong on the issue of removal of sun films I guess it is a matter of time that the investment that I made on this goes down the drain. Strange are the ways. I believe that the companies, the distributors and the end sellers who are involved in this should also be taken to task. Let me what happens.
Don't remove them by yourself just yet. The police here haven't stopped me (or anyone for that matter) over this. I suggest continuing with the sunfilms unless someone actually stops you and tells you to take them off.

Quote:
Not sure what this insect is but boy, this one could dance and run like crazy !!
Looks like a praying mantis. They are found all over the Van Vihar park.

Quote:
Scratches acquired while reversing a bit carelessly.

Some careless person on the road made these scratches.
Look quite prominent in that Red color. Take it to the dealer's and get some touch-up paint work done. A coat of nice body wax over the touch-up job should cover them up pretty good.

Enjoyed the pics. Thanks for the update, aaren. Keep revving and drive safe!
Old 5th August 2012, 16:13   #64
BHPian

@aaren

Hi, I am also from Indore and I am planning to go for Honda City CE. Can you please update me about your service experience with Abhikaran Honda?

A little OT : Where do you work in Indore?
Old 5th August 2012, 20:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Good to hear your update after a long gap, my friend. And really glad that the Jazz has been sprucing up your life with it's melodious music throughout this time.

Suspension is butter smooth. I am sure the tyres contribute to this as well. MRFs?

Don't remove them by yourself just yet. The police here haven't stopped me (or anyone for that matter) over this. I suggest continuing with the sunfilms unless someone actually stops you and tells you to take them off.
Thanks !! Tyres are indeed MRF ones - have not faced any issues. Regarding Sun Films, am not going to remove it myself. Will wait and watch.
Old 26th May 2013, 09:44   #66
BHPian

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP

Updates on ownership of Honda Jazz

Over the last 17+ months of ownership, the following are the maintenance costs:

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-service-record1.jpg
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-service-record2.jpg

Summary:

a. Sometime back a funny vibrating noise started emanating. Could not figure what it was and why. One day removed all the items from the car and took it for a short ride. Major part of A.B. Road in Indore is concretized and this minor rumbling noise was audible clearly when I was driving in concrete roads and not on tar roads. The noise was not from the steering. Checked for anything that could be loosely fitted. Nothing.
b. In Jan. 2013 gave the car for repairs as it had some ugly gash due to the joker in the cycle who crashed on the right side of the car.
c. This got repaired and painted but realized that the garage did not do a professional job:
o The rear fender became misaligned and was jutting out slightly.
o The paint job – the rear right window had light traces of paint
o The rear right window at the bottom had some greasy smudges that refused to go away on cleaning

d. Just after taking out the car after Janurary repairs, there was a minor fender bender and the bumper in the front became misaligned.
e. In May 2013 service, as always, got the following points checked:
o Underbody check
o Getting the fenders to be aligned
o Asked if the stock head lamps can be upgraded and also the cabin light change without impacting the warranty
o Engine oil replacement
o Also the plastic cover of the Fog Lamp that got broken due to my missing out some stone while entering the office. Am told replacing that will lighten my wallet by Rs. 950 or thereabouts. I ask why is it so expensive? Am told that it is because the stock covers come in black and has to be painted. Then I visualize how will the car look with Black Fog Lamp cover? In my opinion it will look terrific. Anyways, I drop the idea of changing the covers.

After the last service in May 2013, the observations:
a. Garage informed me that the underbody was perfectly all right.
b. They did remove the smudges and the light spray of paint from the window. However, the alignment of fenders has been done only about 95%.
c. Finally, got the issue of rumbles / vibrations solved. There were 2 offenders: (i) a ball that had gone / or put through the front grills near the cooler in the front; (ii) a broken clip resulting in the bottom part of the front grill. Combination of these led to the “Rumble in the Bronx” situation. Over the past few days, not hearing the “Vibrations”
d. The garage guys tell me that I would have to get an outsider do the replacement of Headlamps. It appears that the lone garage at Indore do not have the latest accessories list. At Mumbai, it is not an issue to replace the stock Head Lamps at all.

My driving experience: This vehicle is a beauty, in one word – almost comprehensively.

Driving comfort: In terms of driving comfort, it has been a very good experience. On good tarred roads, between 2000 to 2300 rpm and between 60 to 70 kpm within the city – this is one smooth Jazz. Not a whisper can be heard (unless you happen to pass by one of the Baraats). The seats are ergonomic and my wife does not complain.

NVH Levels: May be the Windows of the software variety open ups to your connectivity, but the windows of Jazz, barricades all the exterior noise. What you do get is the pure hiss as the car glides away taking you to your destination.

Sounds of Music: The music comes clean, clear, crisp and with lots of fidelity.

Storage space: I guess by now this is kind of legendary. Anyone having questions, one only needs to look at the photographs of Suhaas.007 great photo of the luggage stored in the boot in his Jazz for a holiday to Goa.

Air-conditioning: No complaints on this quarter.

Mileage: Within city. on a consistent basis it has given me 15 kmpl at the minimum. Off late, because of the BRTS implementation the mileage has taken a hit, however. If I were to take the instant fuel meter it gives anywhere between 16 to 17kms. On highways, it hits 19 kmpl easily. It is my observation that when the Tacho reads around 2200 rpm and a speedo at 60 to 65 km / hr gives the fuel consumption and the vehicle is super smooth. Yes – one more factor, she has to be slowly taken to this point and not abruptly.

Seat covers: I have not put any seat cover. May be I should put one that will protect the original seats from damage with the upcoming monsoon season.

Underbody anti rust coating? Would be wonderful if someone in Team-BHP provides their suggestion.

True there are some minor irritants.

1. The biggest one being the low end torque. If only, it could have a bit more torque so that one does not need to change gears, that would be it in terms of driving pleasure.
2. Full ACC would add to the driving pleasure.
3. Hope the next variant gives the option of 1500 cc engine.

This update has been long overdue and here it is.

Any questions / comments / suggestions are most welcome.

Last edited by aaren : 26th May 2013 at 09:48.
Old 13th December 2015, 16:21   #67
BHPian

Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP @37544 Kms

Few days back got the vehicle serviced. She has run 37000+ kms with a service becoming due as also the 2nd coating of 3M. Did the service at Patwa City Automobile -Abhikaran Honda service at Indore.

Service cost was a total of Rs. 2600/- as under:

a. 35k paid service - Rs. 876
b. General Repairs - Rs. 114
c. Engine Oil - Rs.1403
d. Engine oil filter - Rs. 157

The airbags also got replaced as part of the Airbag product recall.

After the last trip to Chittorgarh, have not gone on any long trips with the vehicle. Probably might travel to Gujarat around Makar Sankranti time - this has been in the works for some time but have not done it yet. Lemme see.

The vehicle has been running quite well - no issues to report. Within the city mileage is around 15 kms to a liter - highways around 19 to 22 (such as when I travel to Ujjain).

Thinking of replacing the stock bulbs with Philips Xtreme vision which do not require any wiring to be tinkered with. I have seen some threads on this topic but have not taken any call. The local Honda guys says that any change to the bulb will require cut outs and then the bulbs can be replaced. Any thoughts ??

Also, as a precaution have ordered for Autoshine as a protection against Rats since I have been seeing some paw marks in the Engine bay.

My frequenting of this site has reduced on account of work-life imbalance !!

Some photos as the Jazz completes 4+ years:
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-front_left-profile.jpg
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-front_resize.jpg
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-jazz-left-fender.jpg
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-jazz_rear.jpg
Playing Smooth Jazz…Radio Team BHP-jazz_right_profile.jpg

Last edited by aaren : 13th December 2015 at 16:43. Reason: Updates - as Jazz completes 4+years of ownership
aaren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 10:38   #68
BHPian

My journey with Jazz has now completed over 5 years. It seems like y'day that I bought the vehicle and no idea as to how the time has flown by !!!!

On the November 17th, I gave her for a paid service at the Authorized Service Center. Now, Honda is giving apparently only Synthetic Oil whose prices have been reduced. As per the bill, they have charged Rs. 1711 for 100 ML of Engine Oil Synthetic - kindly let me know whether this is ok or not.

Over all bill as under:

Battery Testing Rs. 46
Paid Service Rs. 1810
Washer Plug / Oil Filter Cartridge Rs. 187
Element Assy. Air conditioner Rs. 473
Element Filter Rs. 862
Engine Oil Rs. 1711
Total Labor Rs. 1620
Total cost Rs. 5097/- inclusive of Service Tax and VAT.

In terms of drives, the car is going great. Am also told that the underside of the car is perfectly OK. Diagnostic Tests have revealed nothing and that the Engine is doing good. No issues.

With unregulated traffic on the rise, everywhere, am getting a feeling that even in Highways to drive at more than 100 Kmph is not a safe idea. In roads, where there are 4 lanes, such as between Indore and Bhopal or Indore and Ratlam (for a major part), it is better to stay in 80s to 90s zone. Yes - there are times when I do drive at 100 but rarely more than that.

During the recent drive to Bhopal, the car returned an average of 19.90 km / litre, which I think is pretty good.

But I seriously wish that the engine would have been 1.5 litre engine with more torque at lower gears. Higher Ground Clearance with ACC would have made this car into a near perfect car for anyone !!!

Otherwise there are no complaints. However, am thinking of getting a Tyre Inflator and few other accessories that should be in the car when driving on highways. If anyone can assist me in the process, it would be wonderful.
aaren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks