Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 12:38   #16
BHPian

re: Chill Bill - New Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol - a 50,000 km report

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Vento > Honda City > Fiesta
I have rated the Fiesta lower primarily due to the blue black plastics at the rear and the less visible portions in the front. The dash top and the side door plastics look as if made of quality materials though. All materials used (both front and rear) look built to last.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your buy Hypermiler

It looks fantastic and is amongst the rare breed in these forums. Please do keep updating the thread with your long term ownership report as it will cultivate a confidence in prospective buyers.
Thanks. As the sales are comparatively lower and is more rare to spot the new fiesta, it does gain a lot of attention . Typically response of passer-bys:

- Look at the side and notice that it is a different car
- Go front and look at the logo to see which manufacturer it is from

From this, I guess most people are not aware.

Hopefully, getting heads to turn is a feel-good factor for the short term. It is the volume that helps in providing better service, trained engineers, spare availability in the future.

Will post the service experience shortly as I will be completing 2.5 months, due for the first free service.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:39   #18
BHPian

Few more minor items that I noticed:

- Fuel computer data are for the driver's eyes only, thanks to the hooded dials which restrict the view to the co-driver. This is were the outside temperature is also listed along with distance-to-empty, trip meter, liters / 100 kms etc.

Pity as the same information is not integrated with the central ICE which is primarily used for media information, alerts etc.

+ AC does not have any impact on the engine / rpm. Usually on other cars, I notice a lag or an increase in the RPM to compensate for the additional load. But here, there is no noticeable lag.

+ ICE usually provides feedback when you change the ACC ambient temperature, open any doors etc. This is handy as I need not look at the ACC to see what temperature has been just set or when I change the volume etc.

+ Door open / ajar warning indicates which door is open. Have not tried with multiple doors open though.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:15   #19
BHPian

Nice review mate. Looker or not, I simply love the way the Fiesta drives. It has the best driving position/steering combo for me. Absolutely love this and the erstwhile 1.6S.

Drive safe.
Old 17th October 2011, 23:08   #20
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Hypermiler

I was looking forward to the New Fiesta's Initial Ownership report and i don't know how i missed your thread.

I have booked a Fiesta Trend TDCi and will take delivery in November. I drive a Fusion TDCi and i have felt vast improvements in driving and handling department of the New Fiesta. I understand your comparison and the Fusion's 1.4 TDCi engine seems at least two generations behind the 1.5 L TDCi engine in terms of refinement and NVH.

Please keep your thread updated with your findings.

Last edited by MAS : 17th October 2011 at 23:10.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that is specific to the Fiesta , this typically is more pronounced in smaller engines and bigger engines in general will not give you this feedback , atleast in my experience.

The Wagon R for example gives a shudder but the Ritz is far lesser and cars such as the new Verna , New City , Skoda simply dont show it.

But yes , understand what you are saying , i will be happy not having to deal with a punch back everytime i switch it on!

Quote:

+ AC does not have any impact on the engine / rpm. Usually on other cars, I notice a lag or an increase in the RPM to compensate for the additional load. But here, there is no noticeable lag.

Old 18th October 2011, 12:05   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car.

Do share your experience with the first service.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm so an upgrade(?) from a diesel to petrol.

I'd drive this car and it is just a lot of fun to drive. Though I had some issues with getting used to the electronics like say cruise control. But once I did, it was real fun and useful.

Congratulations on the buy and wish you more happy miles.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
With these figures, I think it is quite acceptable. I would also say that my driving habits (with petrol vehicles) are not the best as most others who own similar cars usually indicate better mileage than me. So, I can safely assume you may be able to get better.
Thanks for the detailed review

I think the FE should be checked after 1st Oil change. You would be able to know exactly how much per kmpl does your vehicle give.
Generally it tends to increase a bit after 1st / 2nd service.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats on your purchase Hypermiler

I was looking forward to the New Fiesta's Initial Ownership report and i don't know how i missed your thread.

I have booked a Fiesta Trend TDCi and will take delivery in November. I drive a Fusion TDCi and i have felt vast improvements in driving and handling department of the New Fiesta.

Thanks MAS. And advanced congratulations on your new diesel car.

I think I will possibly add a link to the main review page so that people do not miss it.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review

I think the FE should be checked after 1st Oil change. You would be able to know exactly how much per kmpl does your vehicle give.
Generally it tends to increase a bit after 1st / 2nd service.
Thanks Ankurvirmani. My service is scheduled in the next two weeks. Looks like I might cross 2.5k before that and will post the service experience shortly.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:00   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your New Fiesta. I quite liked the way you put up the review. Very subtle, honest and to the point.

Please keep updating the thread with your impressions and maintenance costs. I am particularly interested to see how the maintenance costs are vis-a-vis other cars in the same category.

Please post more of the internal pics too.

Happy driving and ride safe.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
...I think I will possibly add a link to the main review page so that people do not miss it.
Congratulations, hypermiler, on the new Fiesta!

Very nice write-up, I read it with great interest. Good photos too, can we have some more?

It is a good thing you linked this post to the main review because I had missed seeing it till now.

We have two excellently written owner-reviews on the new Fiestas now, one diesel and one petrol, Sugeeta's and your review.

It is very indicative to see that both of you have owned the Ford Ikon, Ford Fiesta (old) and have bought the new Fiesta (2011). This shows that in spite of the shocking price, Ford has retained some knowledgeable customers who already know and have experienced the "Ford DNA", which is Ford's chief USP, and they will pay for that special driving experience even if it hurts.

It is high time Ford started a "Customer loyalty" programme to reward such loyal customers. It's the least Ford can do to offset the high sticker price.

But, as a double Ford owner myself, I know if I were in the market for another sedan, it would be Ford or bust. Nothing else will do!

Best wishes for a long and happy ownership of your 3rd Ford!
Old 19th October 2011, 15:10   #29
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks MAS. And advanced congratulations on your new diesel car.

I think I will possibly add a link to the main review page so that people do not miss it.
That is a good idea. I was always checking the main review thread and missed your ownership report.
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:02   #30
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@hypermiler

As i would be driving the car on highways, and assuming the gear ratios for Diesel and Petrol are similar, please let me know at what rpm is the engine spinning when you hit the ton in 5th gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks