Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 16:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti - Initial Ownership Review

Congrats Contessa! I am a big admirer of the Yeti and the soon to be launched 110bhp yeti is a strong contender for my next purchase provided the pricing is right.

There are a couple things I need answered and I it would be great if you could;
Could you post some interior pictures as well?

Is there any difference between the MFD (multi function display) of the ambiente version and the elegance?

How is the fuel efficiency of your vehicle?

Also, i was reading the long term review of the Yeti on carwale, they mentioned that the tyres of the yeti are strictly made for onroad purposes. Going off-road leads to tyre degradation. What are your views on this?
Old 5th November 2011, 19:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
Thanks Pramod. I will check with my local dealer regarding this...and hopefully i can get mine upgraded as well. I picked up my Yeti in Aug...so there is a chance, the firmware is latest.
thanks for your pm. i did a TD of the yeti today. the TD lasted for about 45 minutes. got a FE of 16.7 on the MFD during the 15 km Drive. Vehicle Felt quite like a Sedan. hope to have a żeti'within the next 15 days!
Old 5th November 2011, 20:07   #33
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
hope to have a żeti'within the next 15 days!
Advance congratulations, Sunilrj. Please share your experience in your ownership thread.

Old 5th November 2011, 20:25   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay
Congrats Contessa! I am a big admirer of the Yeti and the soon to be launched 110bhp yeti is a strong contender for my next purchase provided the pricing is right.

There are a couple things I need answered and I it would be great if you could;
Could you post some interior pictures as well?

Is there any difference between the MFD (multi function display) of the ambiente version and the elegance?

How is the fuel efficiency of your vehicle?

Also, i was reading the long term review of the Yeti on carwale, they mentioned that the tyres of the yeti are strictly made for onroad purposes. Going off-road leads to tyre degradation. What are your views on this?
Hi Dekay,
Yes, regarding the tyres, I have so far covered 13,300 kms on my Yeti and the tyres are not going to last more than another 7k kms. The tyres are road tyres and not good at all for rough use. I am also planning to change the tyres as soon as I am able to get good AT tyres in the stock size.

You can read Pramods, Sushils and my Yeti threads for the detailed ownership reviews.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 6th November 2011, 07:32   #35
BHPian

Dekay, Behemoth has already provided his feedback regarding tyres. The GoodYear tyres are defintely good "road" tyres. But atleast two of our forum members have damaged tyres within a few months. Even i'm planning to upgrade my tyres (which i had done for my previous two cars as well)

Regarding the MFD, yes, there is a difference between the two model. The display in Elegance allows you to change a few configurable parameters.

I get a mileage of around 17-18 on highways (when driving at speeds in excess of 100) and around 12-13 in city.

Last edited by contessa : 6th November 2011 at 07:36. Reason: added extra information
Old 6th November 2011, 10:04   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi contessa
which dealer did go to?
could you PM me?
am thinking I might pick up this vehicle soon
cheers
sb

also look at this link - a comparo between the Yeti and Duster - in some Eastern European Lingo though.
Dailymotion - DACIA DUSTER vs.SKODA YETI Test - a Auto-Moto video

Quote:
Kontoo,

I bought the car when they offered around 1.6-2k Lakh discount. Not sure if those offers are still available. There were no freebies though.

Saw the announcement regarding the 4x2 on NDTV few days back. Guess it will be available in Nov.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th November 2011 at 10:12.
Old 6th November 2011, 10:45   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Dekay,
Yes, regarding the tyres, I have so far covered 13,300 kms on my Yeti and the tyres are not going to last more than another 7k kms. The tyres are road tyres and not good at all for rough use. I am also planning to change the tyres as soon as I am able to get good AT tyres in the stock size.

You can read Pramods, Sushils and my Yeti threads for the detailed ownership reviews.

Regards,
Behemoth
Hey Behemoth, is this something to do with the car as such, or with the stock tyres? Almost all of you have reported issues with the tyres, and even more - not able to find the right replacement.
Old 6th November 2011, 10:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey Behemoth, is this something to do with the car as such, or with the stock tyres? Almost all of you have reported issues with the tyres, and even more - not able to find the right replacement.
I don't think it is anything to do with the car. The softroader tires are just not up to speed on Indian roads. At least one member has also sustained similar damage on the tyre of his BMW X1.

While A/T tires in the stock size are available abroad, they are not available in India. I am told Indian tires manufacturers are reticent to import these in stock size due to low demand and that there is some issue with only ISI tires being allowed for import into the country.

So at the moment, it is wait and watch.
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 11:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
I don't think it is anything to do with the car. The softroader tires are just not up to speed on Indian roads. At least one member has also sustained similar damage on the tyre of his BMW X1.

While A/T tires in the stock size are available abroad, they are not available in India. I am told Indian tires manufacturers are reticent to import these in stock size due to low demand and that there is some issue with only ISI tires being allowed for import into the country.

Michelin Has the Tyre Size of Yeti. with a V rating. Primacy LC. Soft tyres but have a very good life

@Shankar have PM'd You.
Old 6th November 2011, 11:21   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post

Thanks Sushil. Oh yes, I remember seeing an X1 owner also mentioning about sidewall cut (I think it was in your thread).
Old 14th November 2011, 12:17   #41
BHPian

Thanks to updates from Behemoth and Pramod, I got my firmware upgraded last weekend. The only update that was required was for the engine. Rest of the modules - including (A/C) - did not require any update.

This update did make a big difference to the engine's behaviour. Can't say the car's performance was bad earlier. This updates makes the car better for city driving (low speed is much more manageable now). Plus the engine noise is slightly low and accelaration is more linear.

However there is an exception - for overtaking other vehichles quickly on highway, i think i liked the performance prior to this update.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to updates from Behemoth and Pramod, I got my firmware upgraded last weekend. The only update that was required was for the engine. Rest of the modules - including (A/C) - did not require any update.

This update did make a big difference to the engine's behaviour. Can't say the car's performance was bad earlier. This updates makes the car better for city driving (low speed is much more manageable now). Plus the engine noise is slightly low and accelaration is more linear.

However there is an exception - for overtaking other vehichles quickly on highway, i think i liked the performance prior to this update.
Great news Contessa!
You will feel a huge difference also in the AC cooling in peak heat conditions and in heavy traffic.
Regarding the change in engine response, even I noticed the same, and now it requires a harder push to the accelerator to take it to the power zone. This has improved the FE for me by around 5% - they have probably tweaked the accelerator input to a higher level so that better FE is reached in city driving. But as soon as you push the accelerator further, it willingly shows the power that it carries. It has also made the acceleration more linear like you said.

One more query which was regarding Michelin Primacy LC tyres - I checked with Michelin Area manager and he told me that Michelin Primacy LC will not be suitable for the Yeti, even in the stock size as Yeti is a heavy vehicle and built for rough use, and tyres in offroad use will wear out / get sidewall damaged. The right choice will be Latitude Tour HP, which as of now is not available yet in the India market in the stock size.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th November 2011 at 15:03.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:45   #43
BHPian

Yes Behemoth, I did notice a improvement in A/C under hot Sun - compared to before (especially then the air is taken in from outside).

I was finding it difficult to believe, because there was no update to A/C modules. But it is related to the engine anyway !!
Old 14th November 2011, 15:51   #44
BHPian

Can we have have a group buy and import the tyres (Michelin Latitude Tour HP or similar) ourselfs. I think it will be a while before any company stocks this size...due to the new ISI regulation.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:53   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Behemoth, I did notice a improvement in A/C under hot Sun - compared to before (especially then the air is taken in from outside).

I was finding it difficult to believe, because there was no update to A/C modules. But it is related to the engine anyway !!
Yes, this firmware, even though it was for the engine ECU, addressed the load handling response of the Engine. In previous conditions, it used to cut off the AC compressor load at low rpms to prevent engine stall. Now the engine idling torque has been increased to prevent this and the AC compressor is not reduced. Hence even increased load on engine at low rpms does not trip the cooling.

The current ISI marking issue has made it very difficult to import tyres into the country and almost all manufacturers are struggling. Even Grey market supplies have almost disappeared. There is a chance that some of the manufactures will start making / importing tyres for the Yeti soon (I know at least MRF will, starting December - however don't know yet whether they will make Wanderer / ZLO for the Yeti) - will keep you updated in case I come across any better options. Other closest option which I was able to find was Pirelli P6 Cinturato in 225/55 R 16, which are available at 10k per tyre. Though these are also road biased tyres and subject to sidewall damage (one BMW X1 owner did confirm this).

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th November 2011 at 15:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks