Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 00:10   #16
BHPian

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

congratz akshay. looking forward for more pics especially the interiors. happy miles ahead.

Last edited by M124 : 9th October 2011 at 00:13.
Old 9th October 2011, 00:38   #17
Team-BHP Support

re: Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats Akshay1234! The color is stunning on the 3. I love it!!! If you won't mind, how much discount did you manage to extract? 320d is in my radar too, probably within a year.
Thank you buddy. Will send you a PM on the price. Within a year? Are you considering the new 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
congrats akshay.one of my all time favorite.did you consider 330?i guess you are used to 5kmpl.
Didn't consider the 330i, one petrol was enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
So it is finally here! Congratulations on the purchase! Looking forward to some more pics
Thanks, pics coming tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
congratz akshay. looking forward for more pics especially the interiors. happy miles ahead.
There are some nice interior pics too, hang on till tomorrow.

BMW Performance
Besides the M division BMW also has something called BMW Performance, which sells accessories to pimp up normal Bimmers. Everything from seats, to steering wheels, to suspension and brake upgrades, to power kits, to air intakes. Its all there. They have some awesome looking kits too.

Now some of the cosmetic mods are offered by BMW in India in the form of that performance kit which includes the steering wheel, carbon fibre splitters for the front bumper, CF mirror covers, a spoiler, different M rims, and a rear diffuser. To be honest some parts look a bit tacky. But to each his own.

The interesting thing is that they now offer a Power kit for the 320d which takes the power from 185bhp to 205 odd bhp and the torque from 380nm to around 420nm. That is a nice bump and the power to weight ratio is now higher than a C250cdi owing to the lighter weight. I'm sure with this kit the 320d would beat the C in a straight line and this is on my mind for sometime next year. The best part is warranty does not get affected at all with these kits. And they will be reliable. In the power kit, the full ecu is changed and a more powerful fan is added, along with some minor parts.
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-kennfeld_lowband.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW Performance Accessories(1).pdf (311.5 KB, 1306 views)
Old 9th October 2011, 02:29   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Akshay,I own a Monaco Blue 320D and I must say you have made the right choice.The driving pleasure is unmatched,however my family feels hamstrung by the amount of space inside and there is constant complain about ride quality.I am not bothered because I am the one driving!

Did you not consider the X1 or A4 3.0TDI Quattro though?
Ascari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 08:50   #19
BHPian

Congrats buddy!! Awesome choice. Can't wait for some interior pics. If you dont mind, can you post some videos (NVH outside, NVH inside and driving experience)?? I hope this isn't too much to ask.

Anyway Congrats once again!! Happy mile crunching!!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 09:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Akshay: Congrats on the BMW 320D Exclusive. Looks great. How about a 'baptism by fire' TBHP style trip to Leh and Ladakh in it? I was just joking, enjoy the drive.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 10:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

Here are the first few pics, many more to come. Also one interior pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1236-copy.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1237.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1238.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1239.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1243.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1246.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1260.jpg  

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-dsc_1263.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 11:51   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
Congratulations Akshay,I own a Monaco Blue 320D and I must say you have made the right choice.The driving pleasure is unmatched,however my family feels hamstrung by the amount of space inside and there is constant complain about ride quality.I am not bothered because I am the one driving!

Thanks bud. I think yours runs on 16s, so the ride on this is a bit stiffer.

X1 wasn't in contention. And the A4 3.0 is a CBU which is almost 50l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Congrats buddy!! Awesome choice. Can't wait for some interior pics. If you dont mind, can you post some videos (NVH outside, NVH inside and driving experience)?? I hope this isn't too much to ask.

Anyway Congrats once again!! Happy mile crunching!!
Thanks alot, yes I'll certainly try and get some videos, don't know how the sound will turn out. But the engine is quite silent, and negligible NVH levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
@Akshay: Congrats on the BMW 320D Exclusive. Looks great. How about a 'baptism by fire' TBHP style trip to Leh and Ladakh in it? I was just joking, enjoy the drive.
Haha I think twice about taking this car to the Mumbai suburbs and here your asking me to take it to Leh
Old 9th October 2011, 12:31   #23
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Great review of a mighty car, specially the performance part.

I had a question: when driven in sports mode, does the engine redline?

The alloys look great. They have the 7 series element in them. However here is another design of Beemer alloys which I really liked, thought to share!

Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23-06082011790.jpg

Last edited by dot : 9th October 2011 at 12:32.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again. Much to my surprise the grey looks good ! Just that you might have to break your back maintaining that lustre. Then again, after black you might have a fair idea of the Do's and Do nots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post

Apart from what akshay mentioned about the price , the A4 3.0 tdi is also not easily available though Audi claims that it is officially on sale. When i recently inquired, there is still no A4 3.0 tdi in Mumbai apart from mine and Audi India's blue car. Infact there seem to be no more than 4 to 5 in India. Even if he had booked it, he would probably have a waiting period of 6 months as quoted by Audi which translates to 8 months real time ! who wants all those headaches ?
Old 9th October 2011, 12:56   #25
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Akshay I see the BMW has made you change your avatar picture too. Truly smitten, isn't it?

The color suits the Car really well and the alloy wheels are smashing. Please post an interior picture too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Even if he had booked it, he would probably have a waiting period of 6 months as quoted by Audi which translates to 8 months real time ! who wants all those headaches ?
The Swift walas waiting an eternity for thr Car, beats me still.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. Great review of a mighty car, specially the performance part.

I had a question: when driven in sports mode, does the engine redline?

The alloys look great. They have the 7 series element in them. However here is another design of Beemer alloys which I really liked, thought to share!
Thank you dot, glad you like the rims. Those Y spoke rims are my favorite kind of design. BMW has some really great designs, and some terrible looking ones. lol.

In sports mode it upshifts at 4500rpm, almost at the redline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Congrats once again. Much to my surprise the grey looks good ! Just that you might have to break your back maintaining that lustre. Then again, after black you might have a fair idea of the Do's and Do nots.
Thanks bro. Its quite a nice colour actually, shows off the lines well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations Akshay I see the BMW has made you change your avatar picture too. Truly smitten, isn't it?

The color suits the Car really well and the alloy wheels are smashing. Please post an interior picture too.

The Swift walas waiting an eternity for thr Car, beats me still.
Yes I can't get enough of driving this car. More than 200 kms done in 3 days. Running in at this rate will be over pretty quick.

Man I don't know how the Swift guys wait for their car so long. The one week I had to wait for this car was hell.

Anyway my next post will contain a bit on BSI and Secure, at least what I've understood of it. Oh and I forgot to mention, the delivery of my car was delayed by an hour but we were already at the showroom. So I got to drive an X6 diesel for about 30 minutes. If you guys are interested I can write down my impressions of that too.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:49   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Anyway my next post will contain a bit on BSI and Secure, at least what I've understood of it. Oh and I forgot to mention, the delivery of my car was delayed by an hour but we were already at the showroom. So I got to drive an X6 diesel for about 30 minutes. If you guys are interested I can write down my impressions of that too.
Thanks Akshay, information on the BSI will be great. And do share the driving impressions of the X6 diesel
Old 9th October 2011, 15:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, Akshay! She's looking gorgeous
The rims, the Space grey exteriors and brown interiors all complement each other perfectly!

Congrats again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looking forward to the write up on the much spoken about BSI. And yes, please also write about your impressions of the X6.

Last edited by anekho : 9th October 2011 at 15:41.
Old 9th October 2011, 16:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay! Only one word: majestic!

Do please post the X6 driving impressions; and update the thread with some "spirited driving" stories (one the run-in period is over of course).
Old 9th October 2011, 16:20   #30
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Akshay! Nice review as well.
The grey shade looks good on the car. Isn't the shade the same as the one on insideman's supercharged M3 ?
Are you going to continue with the run-flats or will you be opting for tubeless tyres in the future?
Also your cars always have good looking number plates. Where do you get your plates done from?
Waiting for more pics. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks