Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 18:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
So this was because they felt bad about the music system or a general gesture?
It's a general gesture I suppose as I remember many in the forum have got, like our great man Ninja

Noopster. Welcome sir. Let me try at 34 next. Last 500 metres is very very bad near my house.

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 11th October 2011 at 19:01.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

I got it as compliment when I was taking delivery of my car and I beleive cost you around Rs450 if you want to buy it as accessory. It looks good, but the problem is the key fob of the vento is pretty compact and feels quite nice without needing to have a seperate key chain on it. A key chain would then beat the whole objective of having a folding key fob, isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Just went to VW downtown and got the music system activated. It was a 2 min job which got delayed as the internet connection was not working at the service area. Service people were courteous and the experience was good.

Also got this
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So did I.

Feels awesome having that keychain!
Old 11th October 2011, 21:13   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car, the black is fast growing color in today's ventos !
90BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 11:58   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I got it as compliment when I was taking delivery of my car and I beleive cost you around Rs450 if you want to buy it as accessory.
Wow - all I got was two plain vanilla key chains having the name of the dealer. I got mine from the land of VW - a colleague was returning back from there. In fact I got the key long back before the car was delivered
Quote:
It looks good, but the problem is the key fob of the vento is pretty compact and feels quite nice without needing to have a seperate key chain on it. A key chain would then beat the whole objective of having a folding key fob, isnt it?
+1 to that.

The key chain is for a temporary period - there is a leather cover (key chain) available in the market (yet to find one in pune!)

But there are times when I just drool at the VW badge on the key - unfortunately I can't make myself stop doing that
Old 12th October 2011, 13:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I got it as compliment when I was taking delivery of my car and I beleive cost you around Rs450 if you want to buy it as accessory. It looks good, but the problem is the key fob of the vento is pretty compact and feels quite nice without needing to have a seperate key chain on it. A key chain would then beat the whole objective of having a folding key fob, isnt it?
True. No need to tie it to the chain. As Ninja said the logo looks excellent and its so nice to keep looking at
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Congratulations on your new car, the black is fast growing color in today's ventos !
Thank you 90BHP. Nice handle BTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Wow - all I got was two plain vanilla key chains having the name of the dealer. I got mine from the land of VW - a colleague was returning back from there. In fact I got the key long back before the car was delivered

+1 to that.

The key chain is for a temporary period - there is a leather cover (key chain) available in the market (yet to find one in pune!)

But there are times when I just drool at the VW badge on the key - unfortunately I can't make myself stop doing that
Totally relate to you. I keep doing that too. I look forward to the opportunities so that I can go to the car parking and look at the car as well

Today's update:
Managed to figure out where the button is hidden for activating/deleting MID2.
Both the clutch and car getting smoother.
Music system is pretty decent.
Read in the manual that when you are starting the car, press the clutch completely. Tried that today and car is even more smooth. Not sure if it was @souravc or @oxyzen who mentioned this sometime back in the test drive thread, or was it in the quirks thread?
Ride quality is getting better.
Initial few days had this abrupt jerk happening whenever I released the clutch in 2nd and 3rd. But now got used to releasing the clutch sloooowly and the jerk is gone. Consciously doing it now. Hopefully over few days this will go away, and I get used to it as a good habit.
Stylishly tried last night to open all windows using the remote and ended up letting in an army of mosquitoes inside the car
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 13:54   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the great acquisition. Welcome to the club!

i am a little lost on the music system that you have in your car. Can you please put some pictures of the same?
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 13:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congrats on the great acquisition. Welcome to the club!

i am a little lost on the music system that you have in your car. Can you please put some pictures of the same?
Thank you miharbe. Vento TDi highline comes with RCD310 these days. I will upload the pictures over the weekend. You can have a look at ninjatalli's thread for detailed pictures.

Also which model you own? Have you started your thread yet? Please do.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you miharbe. Vento TDi highline comes with RCD310 these days. I will upload the pictures over the weekend. You can have a look at ninjatalli's thread for detailed pictures.

Also which model you own? Have you started your thread yet? Please do.
Ok thanks. Seems like VW havent advertised this change at all. Nothing on the website as well!

I own a White Vento TDi Highline bought in Dec '10 after almost a 4 month wait (had booked in Aug). i have been meaning to write a long term ownership review of my eventful 11 months with the car. Hopefully shall write one soon post the 1st service.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:13   #39
BHPian

Took the car on NICE road today. I had some work on Bannerghatta road. Used that as an opportunity to take the NICE Road and come to North Bangalore via that route

* Driving at 90, makes me feel I am driving at 40. Cant feel a thing about the speed.
* Car is super smooth.
* Discovered the 900 RPM fun whilst driving at lower gears in bumper to bumper traffic. No acceleration required. Pretty useful.
* Mileage of 18 kmpl with 20 kms of heavy traffic and 40 kms of highway with full AC.
* Need to put the sunfilms ASAP. Sathya from EVO recommended 3M SP 50. Will go for side+rear windows on Monday.
* Used to the side view mirrors and also the central one.
* Rear sensors are excellent. By habit I turn back, but the system is very effective.
* Very rarely I hear a 'jal jal' kind of sound towards the left door. Need to observe more to see what it is all about.

Most important thing that I have been wanting to tell for past 1 week. I never get tired after driving these days. Not sure if it is new car excitement, but the 1 hour bumper to bumper traffic twice every day used to make me exhausted. Especially in the evenings. But I am feeling quite fresh nowadays. Hope it lasts.
Old 14th October 2011, 19:17   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
* Need to put the sunfilms ASAP. Sathya from EVO recommended 3M SP 50. Will go for side+rear windows on Monday.
Congrats on the Vento, it is one car whos diesel engine I really like.

As for the sunfilm, I can't understand why he would recommend that? If you are sticking to 3M then get either the CS or RE series, which are one level above the SP series. I think in Bangalore cops aren't that strict about film so even CS35 or RE35 will do. RE is slightly greenish while CS is black.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 19:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the Vento, it is one car whos diesel engine I really like.

As for the sunfilm, I can't understand why he would recommend that? If you are sticking to 3M then get either the CS or RE series, which are one level above the SP series. I think in Bangalore cops aren't that strict about film so even CS35 or RE35 will do. RE is slightly greenish while CS is black.
Interesting coincidence. I was just reading your thread. Rather, I was ogling at your 320D. Is RE the reflective type? I will look at the CS one.
Old 14th October 2011, 19:51   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Interesting coincidence. I was just reading your thread. Rather, I was ogling at your 320D. Is RE the reflective type? I will look at the CS one.
RE is reflective, but IMO it looks kinda nice on white and black cars. If you see my garage my Innova and my Getz had it. The heat rejection of the RE film is superior to CS.
Old 14th October 2011, 19:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
RE is reflective, but IMO it looks kinda nice on white and black cars. If you see my garage my Innova and my Getz had it. The heat rejection of the RE film is superior to CS.
Cool. I will look at your garage. My wife is not a big fan of reflective type. It might need some convincing
Old 14th October 2011, 20:08   #44

Congrats Prabhu on acquiring a black vento tdi..its looks classy. Just inquisitive about how are you going about the initial run in period in relation with speeding above 80 and other stuff like maintaining low RPM etc for first few hundred kms which is the most difficult part especially with so much torque to play with
Old 14th October 2011, 21:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane
Congrats Prabhu on acquiring a black vento tdi..its looks classy. Just inquisitive about how are you going about the initial run in period in relation with speeding above 80 and other stuff like maintaining low RPM etc for first few hundred kms which is the most difficult part especially with so much torque to play with
Thank you. You are right. It's making me a better person with self control. The 30 km ride on NICE road below 2500 RPM was very difficult. But on week days its not much of an issue as Bangalore traffic does keep me.in check. Anyway, 300 gone only 1200 to go before I run wild.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks