Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 15:48   #61
BHPian

Re: Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black

congrats for the purchase of German Engineered, Made in India, for India car.
it's absolute pleasure to drive diesel vento.
enjoy the safe driving.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@prabhu,

Thanks for showing me your Vento the other day. I must say with the front seats adjusted to my requirment (6 ft) there was huge space at the rear. Good that you have got the transmission tunnel covered with the matting too. Thanks for the music demo, it sounded too good. Good that you stuck to then same HU instead of changing it.

I hope you will get the Sunfilms done sooner.
Wow, you came all the way to Bangalore to get a demo of Prabhu's black beauty ?
Old 18th October 2011, 19:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
If you have covered parking during the day then I do not think you need the windshield film. When I was in Bangalore few years ago and got my new Logan, I went for the windshield film because I did not have covered parking near my office and when parked for long time even Bangalore heat can make the car very hot n uncomfortable.

Reg my car, well :-( I am hoping to get it back by next week. As of now I am managing with my Baleno.
I have covered parking at home. At office its open but good thing is that the parking faces a huge empty land with lots of greenery. And the open all windows with remote key does the trick. Car cools within 2 minutes. Anyway I visit Chennai quite often and I do need ample protection.

Quote:
@prabhu,

Thanks for showing me your Vento the other day. I must say with the front seats adjusted to my requirment (6 ft) there was huge space at the rear. Good that you have got the transmission tunnel covered with the matting too. Thanks for the music demo, it sounded too good. Good that you stuck to then same HU instead of changing it.

I hope you will get the Sunfilms done sooner.
Thank you ghodlur. It was nice meeting you. Interesting coincidence to have you next door in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
congrats for the purchase of German Engineered, Made in India, for India car.
it's absolute pleasure to drive diesel vento.
enjoy the safe driving.
Nicky, Thank you very much. Yes, its a pleasure indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Ha ha. Good one mate!
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 07:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Well the trip was worth it when I saw the car, looks absolutely stunning in black and all along I was believing that Black colour was too difficult to maintain. But looking at Prabhu's Vento my mindset is going to change. Add to that the biege interiors actually make the car look more spacious from inside. Prabhu offered to let me drive it but knowing B'lore's traffic I opted out.

Prabhu - request you to get the sunfilms done in pitch black if allowed by B'lore RTO. Would look a typical gangsta car.
Old 19th October 2011, 09:25   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Prabhu - request you to get the sunfilms done in pitch black if allowed by B'lore RTO. Would look a typical gangsta car.
Add to it black alloys, and a spoiler , (vento has an accessory) and dark leather seats - you'll have the perfect gangsta car
Old 19th October 2011, 11:16   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Add to it black alloys, and a spoiler , (vento has an accessory) and dark leather seats - you'll have the perfect gangsta car
Guys, guys. Please calm down. I don't want to attract attention in the wrong way
Old 19th October 2011, 12:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And add to that some nasty 205/55 tires, smoked headlights & additional skirts. That should complete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Guys, guys. Please calm down. I don't want to attract attention in the wrong way
Prabhu, this IS the right way to attract attention!! (of course, the attention of wrong people )
Old 25th October 2011, 15:32   #68

Quote:
At office its open but good thing is that the parking faces a huge empty land with lots of greenery.
Prabhu,
A word of caution. Make sure the coconut from the tree does not fall on to your Car. I have a dent on the bonnet of my car when i parked my car in this same huge empty land with lots of greenery

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2012 at 03:16. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 28th October 2011, 20:45   #69
BHPian

Thank god I dont have any trees in the compound.

Since am leaving for Chennai tomorrow early morning, I filled up the tank today. Mileage is 13.5 kmpl in 70% bumper to bumper traffic with AC always on. Pretty good to start with. Set the air pressure to 34.
Old 29th October 2011, 01:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank god I dont have any trees in the compound.

Since am leaving for Chennai tomorrow early morning, I filled up the tank today. Mileage is 13.5 kmpl in 70% bumper to bumper traffic with AC always on. Pretty good to start with. Set the air pressure to 34.
Hey Prabhu , great to see that you are enjoying your car ! Don't you think 32 would be a better pressure for a highway drive ? Especially when the road temperatures now are likely to be on the higher side - IMO 32 would give you a more comfortable ride. On the mileage front , the car is absolutely on a diet - today I got a 20 kmpl in the morning while on my way to work ( figured that half of Mumbai must be on holidays so roads are empty)

Hope you read that Nilesh , Ninja , El lobo and myself met up in Mumbai the other day . We briefly touched upon your passionate love for the Optra
Old 29th October 2011, 01:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Hey Prabhu , great to see that you are enjoying your car ! Don't you think 32 would be a better pressure for a highway drive ? Especially when the road temperatures now are likely to be on the higher side - IMO 32 would give you a more comfortable ride. On the mileage front , the car is absolutely on a diet - today I got a 20 kmpl in the morning while on my way to work ( figured that half of Mumbai must be on holidays so roads are empty)

Hope you read that Nilesh , Ninja , El lobo and myself met up in Mumbai the other day . We briefly touched upon your passionate love for the Optra
Hey Sourav. I will wait for one of you guys to explain about the discussion on my ex love. Ha ha. Good I saw your post now. Have planned a stop at Hosur for coffee. Let me test the pressure to 32 there and see. On a different note its been raining at these parts. So roads are not that hot hopefully.
Old 29th October 2011, 10:59   #72
BHPian

Reached Chennai in 5.30 hrs with a 15 min breakfast break. Significant since I came from north Bangalore and max speed was only 100. Good thing is that have completed 900 kms by now. It was butter smooth and really enjoyed the drive in rain. Also the steering controls are very useful for flipping between radio stations. Got a good mileage of 21 with last 45 min in Chennai traffic and full AC. ACC works like a charm. Finally, am not at all tired and feeling fresh. Only bad thing is the car is dirty now. But it gives a mean look though.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:22   #73
BHPian

Been bit busy driving. Had been to Chennai last weekend and came back last night to Bangalore. Car endured Chennai roads and rains pretty well

* 1450 kms on the odo now.
* I don't find the rain noise that much. I had an esteem before, so I found Vento much better. Not sure why this was raised by few members.
* While slowing down from high speeds, the gear indicator in the MID says (G)-1 when the G is the current gear. Like for instance if am in 5th, but if 3rd is the right gear I get 4 and down arrow first, followed by 3 and down arrow. However, when the speed is too high for the current gear, it directly displays the right gear. Like if am in 2nd, it directly says 4 and up arrow.
* Music system is excellent for long drives. Stock speakers are pretty good for my needs.
* Stock headlamps are okay. High beam + fog lamp helped me last night. It was highway drive in rain. Maybe 90-100 will be good, but I don't think its absolutely necessary.
* Got a microfiber mitt from Shell pump for 139 Rs.
* Birds in chennai love my car
* Wiper is very effective during rains. Had a major problem with Esteem on this. Had to slow down many times during rain.
* In gear acceleration is mind blowing. For many kms I literally did not have to downshift at all.
*With 100 % AC got a mileage of 20.1 kmpl over 900 kms with 700 kms of highway and 200 kms of very bad bumper to bumper city traffic.
*Fuel pump indicator came with 80 kms to DTE. Or I observed then.
*MID 2 got reset around the same time, when the fuel pump indicator comes on. Not sure why.

Some pictures.
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0482.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0477.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0489.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0488.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0474.jpg
Look ma I got my Vento Highline TDi - Black-imag0491.jpg
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 11:49   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Been bit busy driving.
Thanks for the update Prabhu. How much tyre pressure you maintained for the trip?

From the pics, it looks like the black Vento managed a bit of animal attraction
Old 5th November 2011, 12:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures, glad to know you are enjoying your car.

Actually the overhead roof insulation is pretty poor in the vento which makes you hear the noise of rain drops falling on the roof more than other cars. Maruti's are actually worse in this regards and hence you feel it isnt too much. I can relate to what you say, since I was used to a swift earlier!

Agree with you on the HL part and I share the same feedback. Highbeams+fogs are adequate on the highways. But the 90/100's are in a different league altogether and is recommended if you do a lot of night driving in the highways.

Quote:
* I don't find the rain noise that much. I had an esteem before, so I found Vento much better. Not sure why this was raised by few members.
* Stock headlamps are okay. High beam + fog lamp helped me last night. It was highway drive in rain. Maybe 90-100 will be good, but I don't think its absolutely necessary.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks