Team-BHP - Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/109260-meine-m-dchen-2011-new-jetta-comfortline-mt-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 2540383)
You are right about that. The cars do come with a very mild green tint.

I understand and i feel your pain. I can source a RNS510 with the security code but none of the VW dealers will install it for me. And the worst case the warranty will become kaput once we install it outside.

The bluetooth module in Jetta2010 costs around 25k here in VW dealers. I can source them today at 175 usd TO 200usd with the wiring and yet i am not sure if the VW dealership will install the same for me.

I am going tow ork with a mechanic closely to find out how we can get this done so in the worst case, we can remove and move back to old set up in case of warranty issues.

That's a great idea! Do let us in on the secrets once you have a solution. Hate when we have to shell out hard earned money for something, but then we are not pure owners of it to do whatever we want. Tied down to your manufacturer for every damn thing. Always hated the iphone for this alone, and never shall it replace the android in my hands till they go open source. When we are ready to pay them why this adamancy just for the sake of it? If the same cars work well in Europe and elsewhere with these things fitted, I see no reason for VW to deny us.

Well forget it, another thing I discovered today on my visit to the yard to check out my Jetta, ( incidentally, I was carrying out the PDI suggested here at the forum) is that there were puddle lights at the bottom of the ORVMS, in the Comfortline, which again was not mentioned anywhere in the brochure. Also the color Silver Leaf looks simply gorgeous in daylight with the sun shining down in all its glory. Got a few snaps too,.... which I shall post in a few moments....

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2539555)
Lock the car once with your remote, and then press the lock key again and keep it pressed. The ORVMs should shut.

This works only for remote windows up. The ORVMs don't close. (I tried it even after disabling the remote windows up feature but to no avail)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghosht (Post 2540234)
Ideal tyre pressures are mentioned inside the Fuel door in the old Jetta. Perhaps you can check them and let us know if they are still so in the new Jetta.

Yep they are still inside the fuel door! minimum 33 - front and rear. Maximum 44 rear

Quote:

Originally Posted by druk75 (Post 2540748)
Well forget it, another thing I discovered today on my visit to the yard to check out my Jetta, ( incidentally, I was carrying out the PDI suggested here at the forum) is that there were puddle lights at the bottom of the ORVMS, in the Comfortline, which again was not mentioned anywhere in the brochure.

You mean these?:D
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-dsc_4078.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2540770)
This works only for remote windows up. The ORVMs don't close. (I tried it even after disabling the remote windows up feature but to no avail)

Yep they are still inside the fuel door! minimum 33 - front and rear. Maximum 44 rear

You mean these?:D
Attachment 825655

Yupp! (Jumping with joy for the umpteenth time!) Are the lights effective? The light seems to be pointed at the door, going by the photo.

About the ORVMS closing automatically... maybe there is some settings to play around with in the remote. Once you get the owner's manual, things will be clearer. Did you try to download the manual from the net? It could also mean that the said function works only for Skoda cars... Maybe akshay1234, using the Skoda can enlighten us... on whether the car's remote has the glass wind-up feature integrated into the remote along with the ORVM feature.

Quote:

It could also mean that the said function works only for Skoda cars
Works only on Skoda and not on the Jetta.

The long press of Jetta lock button closes all open windows (That can be set up in the MID) as well as the sun/moon roof if its open.

Using VAG one can use the rain sensor to even close the windows when it rains automatically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2540770)

Oh thats a pity. Maybe a third press of the lock button will do it? Try that lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by druk75 (Post 2540797)
Yupp! (Jumping with joy for the umpteenth time!) Are the lights effective? The light seems to be pointed at the door, going by the photo.
Maybe akshay1234, using the Skoda can enlighten us... on whether the car's remote has the glass wind-up feature integrated into the remote along with the ORVM feature.

Those puddle lights will definitely be effective, no doubt.

Well I don't have a Skoda yet, god willing I shall get the Laura Petrol soon enough, which either way does not have power folding mirrors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2540918)
Oh thats a pity. Maybe a third press of the lock button will do it? Try that lol:

Those puddle lights will definitely be effective, no doubt.

Well I don't have a Skoda yet, god willing I shall get the Laura Petrol soon enough, which either way does not have power folding mirrors.

Oh that's alright. My bad. I just assumed that you owned a Skoda since you were authoritatively mentioning how the ORVM folds, and I read somewhere else quiet recently that the Skoda Laura has this feature in the remote. Again, my bad. Hope you soon set your hands upon the Laura you desire. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by druk75 (Post 2540919)
Oh that's alright. My bad. I just assumed that you owned a Skoda since you were authoritatively mentioning how the ORVM folds, and I read somewhere else quiet recently that the Skoda Laura has this feature in the remote. Again, my bad. Hope you soon set your hands upon the Laura you desire. :)

Oh I've read it on briskoda and I've read people mention it here too. Its a feature on the Superb and the Laura.

Thank you, yes hopefully it shall join my other newly acquired possession soon. :D

Congratulations on your car! Lovely color. But what was the reason to book from VW downtown mumbai when you TD the car from VW Thane?
Great car but the only reason I dont like it is because of part sharing with vento! The steering wheel and the audio HU has been picked up from the vento in the trendline

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y@SH (Post 2541027)
Congratulations on your car! Lovely color. But what was the reason to book from VW downtown mumbai when you TD the car from VW Thane?
Great car but the only reason I dont like it is because of part sharing with vento! The steering wheel and the audio HU has been picked up from the vento in the trendline

I think you are jumping into conclusions without actually spending time with the car. There is very little ( If at all...) part sharing and everything you feel is a shared part is actually much larger and better and subtly different. So it has to be built from scratch. The audio is shared across the whole VW range of cars including Skoda.... according to the trim level. Trendline is the bare bones variant and built to a price to compete with entry C+ cars... hence the steering from Vento/Polo. Even then this is actually a much better built car and feels European all the way. A Vento/Polo does outright feel like built by a European, but built in India. To be honest, I stated off looking at the Vento as my next car and landed with the Jetta. More on that in my upcoming ownership thread. I strongly suggest you should take a close look at the cars and reserve your opinion for after a TD. I am sure, once you drive the Jetta, feel it, you wont be having this same opinion. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y@SH (Post 2541027)

Thanks!
Ooops I forgot to mention that. Thanks for pointing it out!
VW Thane was not able to commit a delivery period for Leaf Silver. The SE said that it would take minimum 2-3 months to arrive. (Today I got a call from them that Leaf Silver is now available with them on display.)
Whereas VW Downtown committed that I would get the Leaf Silver within a month for sure.

Hi Lamboguy,
I must say, a very nice and crisp review! and to top it all, excellent pictures as well! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Is it me, or does the gear knob on your Jetta look illuminated? Does it have those tiny red spot lights to light up the gear area on the headliner?

Did you, by any chance test drive the Laura? What do you think is a better buy, The Trendline Jetta or the MT Ambition TDI Laura?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2538288)
Front:In photos and videos the car looks ditto like Vento. In person, it does not.

Rear:The rear is very Audi A4esque. So much so that many a times a few people I know have mistaken A4s to be Jettas.

Congratulations, a little late though, but nevertheless. And a lovely review.

I can totally understand the above comment. The new Jetta in pictures reminded of the nesting doll design. But when I first saw the car in person it was from the rear, my first impression was like, "oh an A4". Then when I saw the front, I was like, "wait a minute, that a VW?"
Then recheck again, "oh it is the new Jetta, man it looks nice"

Quote:

The Trendline Jetta or the MT Ambition TDI Laura?
Both are great. Laura offers a little better package while the Trendline Jetta has better in terms of safety package.

Very little to choose between these two and also depends on the final on road price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 2571310)
Both are great. Laura offers a little better package while the Trendline Jetta has better in terms of safety package.

Very little to choose between these two and also depends on the final on road price.

If one is looking at MT, then Jetta should be a better buy, since the Jetta engine is tuned for 140 hp whereas Laura MT is tuned for 110 hp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 2572479)
If one is looking at MT, then Jetta should be a better buy, since the Jetta engine is tuned for 140 hp whereas Laura MT is tuned for 110 hp.

If build quality is one of the main criteria? Which one should be considered? I have come across many people who say that the Laura is far more better in terms of build quality. But is it so even when these two cars come from the same family?