Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
I really do not think the dealer would void the warrenty just for a simple bulb change or such, even if done somewhere outside.

Lamboguy, I have just today requested my brother to get the LEDs for DRL from the US when he comes home next month. I hope to fix it up at the dealership itself. Lets see.

Today evening I suddenly thought I had stumbled upon a way to automatically close the ORVMs....

After going through the post about running in the engine in the tdi forum, what would be your take?

Here is the link to the Vento thread, as well as the link to the webpage featuring the ICE:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2583535

VOLKSWAGEN SERIES CAR----ZHUHAI WITSON INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.---Professional Car DVD Player Manufacturer

Witson Car DVD GPS With 8 Inch Screen for Volkswagen Cars (W2-D9235V) - China Car Dvd With Gps,Car Dvd Player,Volkswagen in Car Audio & Video
I am (most probably) going to the VW workshop tomorrow for certain issue(s) with the rear LHS door. Will talk about the warranty issue with the service guy.

Damn I wish you lived in Mumbai, we could have had a Jetta LED DRL meet

Once the mirror dial was stuck in some intermediary position when this phenomenon occurred. Never after that.

VW2010 had once referred the TDi Forum thread to me. I went through it. And hence the conclusion: 'Drive like you own the car'. Do not baby it around. Also do not push it too hard. Just drive it like you normally would.

Blackdiesel mentioned he had to alter the wiring in his Vento to fit the system. I do not know what the case would be for the Jetta!(By now you would have realised I am very cautious about the warranty thing )
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:28   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

Once the mirror dial was stuck in some intermediary position when this phenomenon occurred. Never after that.

VW2010 had once referred the TDi Forum thread to me. I went through it. And hence the conclusion: 'Drive like you own the car'. Do not baby it around. Also do not push it too hard. Just drive it like you normally would.

Blackdiesel mentioned he had to alter the wiring in his Vento to fit the system. I do not know what the case would be for the Jetta!(By now you would have realised I am very cautious about the warranty thing )
I now think this must most certainly have happened to me as well when the ORVMs closed by themselves. ie., it must have stuck somewhere in between.

Regarding the drive in, I today after all had a blast in my Jetta, without thinking what I should do about running it in. Just as you said, drove it like I really owned it!

I wouldn't myself risk all the trouble just to get a nav system which is not that effective yet here in India anyways, and some Bluetooth gizmo attached to my car. I'm very happy with the stock ICE.

But a couple of questions. Would one be really advised to go in for the leather upholstery cleaner, the tyre cleaner, the alloy wheel cleaner, rubbing agent and surface wax.... each costing upwards of 500 Rs, just to keep the car in pristine condition?
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:56   #63
BHPian

Led drl update.

I am at the workshop now. Asked the SA guy about the warranty factor. His initial response was "company doesn't advise LED DRL." then I let him know I had bit of gyaan about CANBUS and all. Then he said that if it is canbus compliant, they would fit in the bulbs and run the car through their scanner and if no error is reported, warranty would be untouched.
lamboguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Led drl update.

I am at the workshop now. Asked the SA guy about the warranty factor. His initial response was "company doesn't advise LED DRL." then I let him know I had bit of gyaan about CANBUS and all. Then he said that if it is canbus compliant, they would fit in the bulbs and run the car through their scanner and if no error is reported, warranty would be untouched.
That's great news lamboguy! So from where are you planning to buy the LED's? If you could post some details about that. How can one before buying make sure that the bulbs are CANBUS compliant?

Also, a friend's cousin in Hyderabad bought a Jetta Highline DSG, and after just 500 odd kilometers on the ODO, a rattle has emerged from the dashboard. Have you faced any such issues?

Last edited by DeKay : 23rd November 2011 at 11:23.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
1) Insert the keys and turn the keys to a point where you can only start the car with the next turn.
2) Now turn the keys backwards or even pull it out.
3) Switch on the viper and the blade will sit in the out positiong for you to clean.
Awesome !! Thanks.. Tried it today morning - works like a charm. Just to add, it worked for me when I pushed it down (de mist) rather than putting it on.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:59   #66
BHPian

Re: 2011 kms update:

Quote:
2011 kms update:

Made a 500km long trip. Mumbai - Nashik - Bhandardara - Mumbai.

On the National Highways, the car drove as if the roads were made of velvet. Since we left Mumbai at the break of dawn, traffic was minimal. So cruising at 120 - 140 kph was easy.

Whenever I used to go on such weekend trips in the Honda City and an Audi or a Beamer would zip pass me, I used to look at the City and think "Some day... we shall!".
And with the Jetta, the day has come! With 138 horses at your command, you really don't have to put in any efforts other than signalling them "Go!".
Awesome pics lamboguy. Thanks for sharing. I totally agree with you. Had similar experience with my earlier Ikon but now just a gentle nudge on the gas pedal & it moves to serious 3 digit speeds even before you realize it. I have the AT & found the torque spread really good to move along rapidly. However if you really floor it, the kick down takes a second to get going but then it just takes off like a JET
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay

That's great news lamboguy! So from where are you planning to buy the LED's? If you could post some details about that. How can one before buying make sure that the bulbs are CANBUS compliant?

Also, a friend's cousin in Hyderabad bought a Jetta Highline DSG, and after just 500 odd kilometers on the ODO, a rattle has emerged from the dashboard. Have you faced any such issues?
From what I have learnt, you have to trust the seller about CANBUS compatibility. Although this comes from an extensive online research only. I have absolutely no idea where to look for these LEDs (in Mumbai) since in my current cars I have not performed any mods. Maybe the members here could guide us. (You could open a new thread for this to catch some helpful eyes )

In my jetta there is some light 'creeking' noise in the rear left door. But it comes and goes and isn't that apparent. It is absent now since a week.
Old 24th November 2011, 22:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my jetta there is some light 'creeking' noise in the rear left door.
Creeking noise inside are part and parcel of Jetta. Try this and test your creeking noise inside the car. Roads with a small slope like a culvert specially turning right or turning left are perfect for testing these creeks. Slowly turn left while climbing over the slope and you will be surprised on the amount of creeks you hear.
Old 25th November 2011, 02:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Creeking noise inside are part and parcel of Jetta. Try this and test your creeking noise inside the car. Roads with a small slope like a culvert specially turning right or turning left are perfect for testing these creeks. Slowly turn left while climbing over the slope and you will be surprised on the amount of creeks you hear.
Huh, I don't quiet understand. Why should there be any creeks at all? And that too, in a new car? You seem to be of the opinion that its the way it is with VW or with the Jetta, but at the same time we go on crying hoarse about VW's awesome build quality and finish! And are you also implying that this is characteristic only to the Jetta and say, the Laura or the Altis, or Fluence are free of creeks?
druk75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:22   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Huh, I don't quiet understand. Why should there be any creeks at all? And that too, in a new car? You seem to be of the opinion that its the way it is with VW or with the Jetta, but at the same time we go on crying hoarse about VW's awesome build quality and finish! And are you also implying that this is characteristic only to the Jetta and say, the Laura or the Altis, or Fluence are free of creeks?
Spot on! The major reason I am planning on buying one is because of the fantastic build quality the German's guarantee! If creaking sounds are an issue, why would one consider paying a premium for such cars? The Laura on the other hand does not rattle or creak at all. Anshuman, has mentioned this time and again.

Druk75- You own a Jetta too, right buddy? Do you hear such noises?

Lamboguy- I'm sure the DRL's are available on ebay.com. But you have to be sure about the wattage. Do you know what is the wattage of the stock bulbs?

Last edited by DeKay : 25th November 2011 at 11:41.
Old 25th November 2011, 14:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I didnt mean it the way you are talking here. The creeks develop when you remove your doors for doing the sun film. Observe very carefully and you will hear these creeks. It is not about the build, its about how the screen guys fix the doors after fixing the sun screens.

The plastic and rubbing cladding on the doors sometimes rub against body panel and specially at different weather conditions. With more moisture in the weather you may not hear a thing. When its dry there will definitely be a creeking sound which is not because of the build but because of the materials touching each other.

And the creeks will not appear in normal driving conditions for sure. The special case is when the car is in a position that almost appears like stretching the car across these rubber/plastic contact points with metal do make such creeking noise.

Sorry for the confusion. And i mean its part and parcel of Jetta because of the different forums where i hear the same creek noise complaint.

The double beading or rubber beadings for filtering noise is just made out of rubber over a metal. The intention is to avoid wind noise but the creeks will happen based on the dryness and due to very minor movement between the plastic/rubber and metal.

I am sure everycar get this very mild and minor creeks but we just dont realise that. I realise it because i am too specific about the noise inside and i can pick up those minor variations.

The same way i found a problem in my suspension which had a sqeaky problem replaced under warranty.

And remember the leather seats creek and sqeak too on a dry spell.

Last edited by VW2010 : 25th November 2011 at 15:06.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:33   #72
BHPian

Thanks for clearing it up vw2010. But apart from these creaks, there are no rattles right? One who spends so much money on a German expecting it to be rattle free will be really disappointed if these things are an issue.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:53   #73
BHPian

Creeking and ORVM update:

VW2010 is correct once again. The creeking noise was the result of rubber brushing against metal as explained. the workshop guys sprayed some stuff on it and the noise is gone.

Auto closing mirrors are not possible on the jetta.they are available only on the Passat. No software tweaking can do that.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 03:19   #74
BHPian

Thanks VW2010, for clearing the air. But try as I might, I don't hear any creaking or squeaking noises inside the cabin. I also got the sunfilm installed, but they did it without removing a thing from the car. I was very very particular about that.
Old 5th December 2011, 17:11   #75
BHPian

Just wanted to ask how is the Sound quality from the music system? And have you found any replacements for the alloys?

Most Viewed