Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 18:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT

Firstly thank you guys for all the compliments! It really means a lot!

@druk75: I liked you feedback buddy! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Could you clarify certain facts-
- Incidently the website mentions "RCD 300 Plus" music system with CD player, Aux-in and 8 speakers" whereas you mentioned 6 speakers. Also is there any option to upgrade to the "RCD 510" touch screen music system with 6 CD changer, SD Card reader, Aux-in and 8 speakers" system as in the Highline and if yes, then at what extra cost.
- Also the website does not mention Cruise control on the comfortline whereas you have confirmed that it is there. I hope it is working and not a dummy.

Kindly also elaborate the other differences that you found from the company brochure's specification/feature list.
There is no option as such to upgrade to RCD 510. However, unlike mentioned on the website, the RCD 300 plus does have SD card reader. This is a plus point. I would rather stick with the RCD 300 plus because the only thing missing is 2 speakers and a media adapter (I am not that big a fan of touch screens on ICE). Does not make sense spending stupendous amounts for the upgrade.

The cruise control is very much functional. I have personally tested it.

CL has chrome on the front air-dam. Ground clearance is 159mm instead of 139mm mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Btw, how much more was the DSG when compared to the comfortline ? Any specific reason you didn't consider it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
If I may ask, weren't you tempted by the paddleshift available in the top end model?
The DSG costed some 2.25 lacs extra.
As mentioned in my first post, this car would primarily be chauffeur driven. I would have definitely considered the DSG variant if I would be the sole driver. Also, DSG gearboxes are not exactly known for their ruggedness.
And frankly speaking somehow I liked the manual Jetta better in terms of driveability than the DSG one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
These are the stock tyres, right? Is it goodyear? What are the recommended tyre pressures by VW?
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Those Goodyears NCTs suck big time. Swap them for some good rubber from Michelin or Yokohama and you'll be surprised with the difference in the ride and noise levels.
Yes these are Goodyear ones. I still have not received the Owner's manual from VW because there were errors in the original ones. Also I forgot to ask about the ideal tyre pressure. Maybe the members here could help me out?

Tire change is definitely on my mind but I shall wait sometime before I go for it.
I remember asking the dealer about Atlanta Alloys but he quoted some extravagant amount (dont remember) so dropped the idea.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 19:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
1. (I am not that big a fan of touch screens on ICE). Does not make sense spending stupendous amounts for the upgrade.

2. The DSG costed some 2.25 lacs extra.
Also, DSG gearboxes are not exactly known for their ruggedness.
And frankly speaking somehow I liked the manual Jetta better in terms of driveability than the DSG one.

3. I still have not received the Owner's manual from VW because there were errors in the original ones. Also I forgot to ask about the ideal tyre pressure.
Thank you for the clarifications lamboguy.

1. Spot on. Neither do I feel that the front ICE should be used for watching videos. But Added GPS capabilities would have been nice in such a high end car especially when you see VW offering it for free in the Trendline Vento.

2. There have been many threads running about the Skoda DSG's and this I presume is exactly the same unit. Also a true driver will always prefer the manual's.

3. This is indeed surprising (and disturbing) to note that a brand like VW is making so many errors on it's website and owner's manual. They need to show more pro-active behaviour to instill consumer confidence for them to be rated among the leaders in the industry which they presume to become.

The ACC as of now is the only drawback which is keeping me away from this sedan and I don't want to compromise at this stage of my life. Otherwise I feel it is indeed a complete package for my sedan upgrade. Waiting for them to hear this...

Last edited by dkaile : 10th October 2011 at 19:07.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Yes these are Goodyear ones. I still have not received the Owner's manual from VW because there were errors in the original ones. Also I forgot to ask about the ideal tyre pressure. Maybe the members here could help me out?

Tire change is definitely on my mind but I shall wait sometime before I go for it.
I remember asking the dealer about Atlanta Alloys but he quoted some extravagant amount (dont remember) so dropped the idea.
Its here, finally! Crisp well written review, partner in crime! Quick response to your question on tyre pressure. You should find it on the inside of your fuel cap lid, if I remember correctly. I think its 32 in the front and 35 in the back for just 2 people. Goes up to 42-44 for fully loaded with 5 people. If you havent, please get your tyre pressure checked as soon as possible. Mine was at 42 when I checked last week. After reducing it, the ride is muuuuch better. Even the initial complaints I had about low speed ride have gone. Also tyre noise seems to have come down, but that may be perception.
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 19:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

The tyre pressure is supposed to be 30-32psi max as told by Vw Downtown Mumbai guys. Lamboguy none of the pictures bring out the golden glow of your Silver Leaf colour. Let me re-post some pictures that i had captured of your car when I was at Vw Downtown on the date of your delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-photo0002.jpg  

Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-photo0001.jpg  

Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-photo0003.jpg  

Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT-photo0000.jpg  

S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 21:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The RCD510 can be fit along with the extra speakers. My guess is the cost would be on the upward of 70K and would not be surprised if they ask for 1L.

Instead you can get a navigation system along with Video playback and all the other features from the service centre by retrofitting the one that comes for Vento. Thats even cheaper with Navigation.

There is enough space to fit the RCD or RNS series while the 8 speaker requires some mods. I think the US version of VW 2011 comes with RCD510 only.
Easier way is to source RCD510 from ebay UK. I also think one member is selling a unit on T-BHP classifieds. I dont think the dealership would install it for you though, you would have to find a reliable audio guy with expertise or DIY using instructions from VW forums. Say tata to warranty before doing these changes though

I wonder why VW/Skoda cant give an option to upgrade to better audio systems especially as their stock systems dont even come with a USB in !
Old 11th October 2011, 00:38   #21
BHPian

She's such a looker !
Congrats lamboguy ! i personally love the face lifted jetta
The best pic is of those headlamps .. aggressive , as though they're questioning "what the hell are you staring at?"
regards !
Old 11th October 2011, 02:09   #22
BHPian

Can somebody explain to me what's this with those BLACK seat belts?!?! I've seen almost all manufacturers going this way. I had beige seat belts in my Aveo of 2006. So this excuse that they get soiled soon is all rubbish. Actually spoils the all beige interiors, those black strips of textile, at least for me! Is it some kind of mandatory regulation, that seat belts have to be black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The RCD510 can be fit along with the extra speakers. My guess is the cost would be on the upward of 70K and would not be surprised if they ask for 1L.

Instead you can get a navigation system along with Video playback and all the other features from the service centre by retrofitting the one that comes for Vento. Thats even cheaper with Navigation.

There is enough space to fit the RCD or RNS series while the 8 speaker requires some mods. I think the US version of VW 2011 comes with RCD510 only.

I'm sorry. I did not mean that one cannot fit the 510 into the car, rather, I meant that VW wont let you do it, and the dealer is given specific orders not to oblige any customer. I know because I tried to eke out from them even by paying extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congratulations on your new Jetta. The car looks simply brilliant. Just love the understated and timeless European designs.

Didn't you try to for an exchange deal with the dealer?

I think you mean 205/55/R16's. Those Goodyears NCTs suck big time. Swap them for some good rubber from Michelin or Yokohama and you'll be surprised with the difference in the ride and noise levels.
Well, I am sorry to intervene, but when I tried for an exchange with the dealer he quoted 75 grands plus the old alloys! Also I would be waiting for an indefinite period as they have to order it as a "part" and not as an accessory.

Thank you for the advice regarding tyres. I'm on the lookout as well. i plan to drive into a tyre shop directly from the showroom and get some good rubber.

@Lamboguy, couple of questions. First of all, which sunfilm did you opt for? Or is the green tinge seen here the original tint?

Did you check out the auto-foldaway ORVMs? Working just by switching off the engine or one has to manually press the button?

The foot-mats in the rear-seating photograph.... are they the original VW branded mats costing around 7-8 ks? Or you got it from outside? If so where, which brand and for how much? I kinda like them.

Last edited by druk75 : 11th October 2011 at 02:39.
Old 11th October 2011, 04:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Excellent crisp review and lovely pictures. All the cars that i have seen in my Downtown VW visit are a looker and plush interiors. The only area where i have found the dealers to be lacking is giving customer the attention it requires pre-sales experience and lack of support.

Congratulations on the buy, may you have a long satisfying experience. I am also looking for a car in this segment, although VW isnt the one on the shortlisted list i would make another attempt at getting a TD from the dealer. Lets see how it goes, my earlier attempts to get a TD have not resulted in anything to write about.
Old 11th October 2011, 08:10   #24
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the ownership report Lamboguy. Love the understated elegance of the new Jetta, especially in this shade.

Couple of questions:
(1) is the floor mat supplied by the dealer (seen in the picture of rear seat)?
(2) Does the windshield/window glass have a green tint? I remember reading it somewhere. Not sure if it was in the VW website.

Edit: Sorry, just saw that Druk has also asked the same questions

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th October 2011 at 08:12. Reason: Noted added
Old 11th October 2011, 09:36   #25
Team-BHP Support

Great review, and congrats on the car. It looks hot and the silver leaf colour is a nice change fromt he normal silver. I wish I could have picked one up, but now I'm going to have to settle with a Laura tsi.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
@Lamboguy, couple of questions. First of all, which sunfilm did you opt for? Or is the green tinge seen here the original tint?

Did you check out the auto-foldaway ORVMs? Working just by switching off the engine or one has to manually press the button?

The foot-mats in the rear-seating photograph.... are they the original VW branded mats costing around 7-8 ks? Or you got it from outside? If so where, which brand and for how much? I kinda like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Couple of questions:
(1) is the floor mat supplied by the dealer (seen in the picture of rear seat)?
(2) Does the windshield/window glass have a green tint? I remember reading it somewhere. Not sure if it was in the VW website.
1. The sunfilms are Llumars RTO approved ones. Got them for some 3.5k from local guy.(no tints on the front windshield).
The pricing of Llumars was consistent with the VW dealer's quotes. However Vkools costed a bomb as per dealer estimates.

2. There was no way I was gonna pay 7-8ks for floor mats! Again these are from a local shop. These costed some 1300 bucks I will have to check out the brand though (if any)

3. ORVMS have to be shut manually by rotating the mirror dial. However, again, due to lack of owners manual I dont know if these can be made automatic. Atleast the MFD doesnt have such an option.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:35   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

3. ORVMS have to be shut manually by rotating the mirror dial. However, again, due to lack of owners manual I dont know if these can be made automatic. Atleast the MFD doesnt have such an option.
Lock the car once with your remote, and then press the lock key again and keep it pressed. The ORVMs should shut.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Also I forgot to ask about the ideal tyre pressure. Maybe the members here could help me out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The tyre pressure is supposed to be 30-32psi max as told by Vw Downtown Mumbai guys.
Ideal tyre pressures are mentioned inside the Fuel door in the old Jetta. Perhaps you can check them and let us know if they are still so in the new Jetta.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Made my friend pick the trendline when it was launched! Love it! Was the first car at Trivandrum.

Some pix when we took delivery of it. Looks mean head on!
https://picasaweb.google.com/jyodas/VWJetta2011
Old 11th October 2011, 17:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the windshield/window glass have a green tint? I remember reading it somewhere. Not sure if it was in the VW website
You are right about that. The cars do come with a very mild green tint.

Quote:
Ideal tyre pressures are mentioned inside the Fuel door in the old Jetta
As aghosht said the pressures are mentioned inside the fuel door. But try something from 32 to 34 and check which is comfortable with respect to ride quality as well as FE for your needs

I drive my Jetta at 34 always. 34 is a perfect balance between ride quality and FE.

Quote:
but now I'm going to have to settle with a Laura tsi.

Not a bad car to settle down with

Quote:
I'm sorry. I did not mean that one cannot fit the 510 into the car, rather, I meant that VW wont let you do it, and the dealer is given specific orders not to oblige any customer. I know because I tried to eke out from them even by paying extra.
I understand and i feel your pain. I can source a RNS510 with the security code but none of the VW dealers will install it for me. And the worst case the warranty will become kaput once we install it outside.

The bluetooth module in Jetta2010 costs around 25k here in VW dealers. I can source them today at 175 usd TO 200usd with the wiring and yet i am not sure if the VW dealership will install the same for me.

I am going tow ork with a mechanic closely to find out how we can get this done so in the worst case, we can remove and move back to old set up in case of warranty issues.

Last edited by VW2010 : 11th October 2011 at 18:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks