Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 22:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 First impression/Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
@anand

Not only a DMF its also got a Hydraulic engine mounting too. To reduce vibrations, Uber cool?
COOL....
I am already pinching myself.
Way to go M&M, let's teach Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Skoda, a lesson or two.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:00   #47
BHPian

Renault duster thread is dead XUV effect.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Renault duster thread is dead XUV effect.
I agree with you,XUV has got everyone's attention just because of its aggressive pricing.I think other automakers like tata,skoda etc should learn from Mahindra.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:32   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Mahindra XUV500

Thought to share with you.....
The first two are good. But the third?! What's up with that?

Looks like it's wearing my mother's pearls!

And I don't think it was wise of Mahindra to introduce LED lights. C'mon Mahindra. Leave that to the Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Just give us a good VFM off-roader and leave it at that.

On another note, that's a great list noidaboy! Very informative and helpful! Waiting to catch the XUV500 on the streets. Haven't seen a single one yet!
Old 12th October 2011, 23:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The first two are good. But the third?! What's up with that?

Looks like it's wearing my mother's pearls!

And I don't think it was wise of Mahindra to introduce LED lights. C'mon Mahindra. Leave that to the Audi, BMW and Mercedes. Just give us a good VFM off-roader and leave it at that.

On another note, that's a great list noidaboy! Very informative and helpful! Waiting to catch the XUV500 on the streets. Haven't seen a single one yet!
LOL, My Vote with you Mr Suhaaas (Caaar)..
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 12:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Any idea if the XUV uses DMF?

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
XUV has dual mass flywheel (As told by the SA). Never read it anywhere though.
Yes, the XUV has dual mass flywheel.

You can read it here under the heading "physics defying agility".
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 13:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I test drove the vehicle from Koramangala to Indiranagar on IRR and back. Quick observations seconding the original observations in the 1st post:
Very smooth engine and NVH quite good.
Felt at ease immediately - drives like a sedan and side mirror visibility good (Centre was a bit poor IMO)
I drove the W6 and couldn't really make out that it was a 4x2
Car corners well and brakes felt well modulated
I sat behind for some time and the seat incline feature is great with 3 settings
Rear seat comfort commendable (no heavy roll felt on curves)

I am just waiting for detailed reviews and some owner feedback before I book mine!
Well done M&M!
Nice first hand impressions, with the bookings closed you might have quiet some time in hand to see how the Cheetah actually fares in the concrete jungle.
Personally speaking closure of bookings happened just in time when my heart & fingers were itching to write the booking amount cheque while the head was telling me to wait and not make the same mistake of jumping in the front for my Scorpio
Old 13th October 2011, 14:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Nice first hand impressions, with the bookings closed you might have quiet some time in hand to see how the Cheetah actually fares in the concrete jungle.
Personally speaking closure of bookings happened just in time when my heart & fingers were itching to write the booking amount cheque while the head was telling me to wait and not make the same mistake of jumping in the front for my Scorpio
I went on 10-Oct to book it with cheque, but did not get test ride, so decided to book it next day and 11-Oct got to know that from today the booking is closed.

I could have booked it if team-bhp's positive review were in place on time. Today is the last day for 72 hour deadline given by GTO ,

My brother took test drive, and it seems like the perfect SUV. My brother said he drove in bad roads as well and put it in big potholes and he was very impressed.
Old 13th October 2011, 14:23   #54
BHPian

I booked mine on 10 Oct evening .

But till now i haven't got any confirmation call/sms/email from Mahindra and when i called mahindra customer care they said only dealer can tell you.

How many days, generaly it takes to receive any information from Mahindra?
Old 13th October 2011, 14:39   #55
BHPian

I really like the looks and all the features in this vehicle. I may go in for a chnage in ayear or so and this is certainly something that I will look at then. I never imagined I would say that about a Mahindra car

I hope the quality of the interiors is better than what is on the scorpio?

Also this launch will probably help to reduce the prices of the Honda/Toyota/Mitsubishi cars in the SUV segment and will probably be a wake up call for Mitsubishi again to look at a Diesel engine for their outlander.
Old 13th October 2011, 15:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went on 10-Oct to book it with cheque, but did not get test ride, so decided to book it next day and 11-Oct got to know that from today the booking is closed.

I could have booked it if team-bhp's positive review were in place on time. Today is the last day for 72 hour deadline given by GTO ,

My brother took test drive, and it seems like the perfect SUV. My brother said he drove in bad roads as well and put it in big potholes and he was very impressed.
[COLOR=black]Personal experience and the market trends show that it will be for the better (the downside is that M&M may not continue with the introductory price which I feel is the main reason for the initial rush).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]After launches the companies look for the owner feedback and accordingly make changes and iron out the initial glitches, recent example being the Vento which gets a lot more including freebies now as compared nothing on launch when there was a mad rush to book.[/COLOR]
Old 13th October 2011, 15:38   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@noidaboy

You seem to have come fairly impressed with the drive & the features. I saw one on the road in Gurgaon, quite honestly I found the design quite over the top. Though I sure hope that it drives well & delivers the goods !!

Cheers
By any chance it was a silver W8? Saw it parked yesterday in the market near by (Sector 15 Part II)and spoke to the owner briefly, he was claiming his was the first one delivered in Gurgaon so far.

Of course when it comes to design view points are bound to differ. I found the car cute. It does not have an intimidating character of a say Fortuner and at the same time is not as feminine as say a CRV. The road presence is good and the car does not look ugly from any side. Yeah that red and light blue illumination combi may take time to get adjusted to
Old 13th October 2011, 15:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Today is the last day for 72 hour deadline given by GTO ,
Not 72, by today EOD it will be 48.
Old 13th October 2011, 16:13   #59
BHPian

According to ET ( Car cos Mahindra & Mahindra, Toyota Kirloskar, Honda and others rework strategy as demand overtakes output for new launches - The Economic Times ) of today, "The XUV 500, launched last month, has booking orders of more than 7,000 units leading to a waiting period of 17-18 weeks. The utility vehicle major, which planned to produce 2,000 units a month, will scale up production to 3,000 units. "While we can ramp up capacity, it's always more difficult to ramp up capacity at the supplier end. Every supplier has to increase capacity, only then can we increase production," said Pawan Goenka, president, automotive sector, M&M.

M&M, which has also launched the XUV in South Africa, plans to defer its plan of taking the vehicle to other global markets till the situation improves in the domestic market. It has deferred new bookings from October 11. "

So, XUV 500 is a real challenger to Toyota Fortuner. From what I feel is that XUV 500 has caught the imagination of the people because of its aggressive looks and road presence. And I think this is where Mahindra's experiecen with Bolero, Scorpio and Xylo has helped it in maturing and reading the pulse of its target market.

Way to go, M & M !! Having got a Jazz only few days back, I will look at this in about two years down the road, most probably at the then upgraded version !!
Old 13th October 2011, 16:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ok here goes my quick impressions on the XUV vis-a-vis, the Aria:

Places where the Aria scores:

1) Overall built, feels more solid
2) For five people, Aria's interiors are a tad better, more comfortable place to be
3) Brakes

Places where the XUV-500 scores:

1) Outright performance
2) Handling
3) Ride / stability
4) Overall features
5) Value for money

What would I recommend to myself, others : XUV 5 oh ho!!
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks