Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 23:04   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Awesome.
First of all, congratulations for folllowing up with clinical precision and ensuring the service guys can reproduce the problem.

And it's really a relief to know the service guys did what was expected and now the company is listening and looking into it promptly.

Waiting eagerly on what comes out.
Thanks mate, ya it seems like the company is really looking forward to improve the bad image created in the market about their A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's sad that you have had a problem this early but I'm kinda impressed with Skoda's response. Till now they weren't even responding but in your case they have done pretty well by offering another Laura and acknowledging the problem.

Definitely the company is taking up the issue seriously from what i could make out. Even i was surprised when they offered me another laura to check up the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I've never driven it on manual mode for a long period (max ten mins). So after your post I drove for around twenty mins at a stretch on manual mode and it finally happened. I'm irritated but not very upset as I only tend to use my paddles which temporarily overrides the auto box on D and S. Still if it's a problem with the gearbox I better get it sorted...
But since you have recently gone for some really out of the way mods, so will it effect warranty.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd December 2011 at 15:11. Reason: back to back posts... merged
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:28   #77
Team-BHP Support

Re: My dream machine: Skoda Laura DSG, Ambiente

Quote:
I've never driven it on manual mode for a long period (max ten mins). So after your post I drove for around twenty mins at a stretch on manual mode and it finally happened. I'm irritated but not very upset as I only tend to use my paddles which temporarily overrides the auto box on D and S. Still if it's a problem with the gearbox I better get it sorted...
In that case I don't think driving it on manual much is good for the box. Anyway the DSGs are finicky. And the D and S mode are so good. If possible its better to avoid using manual mode too much.

Thanks for the heads up though, either an RS or a DSG should be joining my garage really soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post
But since you have recently gone for some really out of the way mods, so will it effect warranty.
Warranty should not be affected as they are all original Skoda parts installed without tampering any wires or anything.
Old 2nd December 2011, 02:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
In that case I don't think driving it on manual much is good for the box. Anyway the DSGs are finicky. And the D and S mode are so good. If possible its better to avoid using manual mode too much.

Thanks for the heads up though, either an RS or a DSG should be joining my garage really soon.

Warranty should not be affected as they are all original Skoda parts installed without tampering any wires or anything.
You maybe right. I've read through some threads in briskoda and the few who have had this problem used the manual mode extensively and after thoroughly scanning, checking & testing their cars no problems could be found. A dealer in the UK even suggested that the DSG's aren't meant to be driven on manual mode for long periods (not saying he's right..but that's what he apparently said)..

Honestly, more than being a problem its just the dissappoinment of knowing there could be a flaw in your new car. Practically it aint a big deal considering i drive only on D and S 99% of the times. And with my paddles now its becomes 99.9% as i can temporarily override the autobox with them.

Quote:
Yeah i got all my mods done by the skoda service center with a job card and a bill. I was also assured that it would not affect my warranty. Being friends with the service manger also helps . Not too worried about being denied the warranty claim.

Do keep us updated

Last edited by vinj14 : 2nd December 2011 at 02:31.
Old 3rd December 2011, 14:37   #79
BHPian

Any updates on the dsg tiptronic issue? Have the skoda chaps been able to identify the problem?

People with this problem have started a separate thread in briskoda. I you are a member of briskoda post your problem here. Might be of help to others with the same issue

DSG false neutrals (6 speed gearbox) - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community
Old 5th December 2011, 16:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the dsg tiptronic issue? Have the skoda chaps been able to identify the problem?
Just now got a call from Skoda chaps, they want me to bring the laura to the workshop tomorrow for replacing some part called Mechatronic.

My question is shall i go for the replacement?
Will the skoda chaps do the job perfectly?
My laura, being just 3 months old, i am a bit confused whether i should allow these guys to play around with the DSG?
To my worst fear, i dont want that after replacement, the DSG doesn't work as smoothly as it is now.
Also i am leaving for Hongkong after 2 days for few months, so i am confused whether to go for the replacement tomorrow or after coming back.
Old 5th December 2011, 16:58   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just now got a call from Skoda chaps, they want me to bring the laura to the workshop tomorrow for replacing some part called Mechatronic.

My laura, being just 3 months old, i am a bit confused whether i should allow these guys to play around with the DSG?
To my worst fear, i dont want that after replacement, the DSG doesn't work as smoothly as it is now.
Also i am leaving for Hongkong after 2 days for few months, so i am confused whether to go for the replacement tomorrow or after coming back.
Go for it with your eyes closed. Your car has this problem since the beginning, meaning this is a manufacturing defect. Skoda ASC guys have been working on DSG since years, they will know their work.
Old 5th December 2011, 18:27   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Wow...that's seriously F-A-S-T.
Of course, go for it as Anshuman said.

So finally, Skoda is responding and importantly, this shows that mechatronics can be replaced without replacing the entire gear-box.

I think this should be cross-posted on briskoda as well - to keep each other up-to-date on the DSG world.
Old 5th December 2011, 21:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Go for it no doubt. And well done skoda.
Old 5th December 2011, 22:23   #84
BHPian

Guys thanks for the prompt reply.
Will definitely hand over the car tomorrow morning.
So now i can say that skoda's A.S.S has improved a lot.

Will update tomorrow evening about the status, after getting the car back.
Till then keeping fingers crossed & hoping these chaps will do a nice job.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:17   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the Mechatronic unit supposed to be coded with the VIN no. of each car at the factory? I thought that this unit was imported from the Czech Republic and would normally take atleast a couple of weeks to arrive.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:24   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Isn't the Mechatronic unit supposed to be coded with the VIN no. of each car at the factory? I thought that this unit was imported from the Czech Republic and would normally take atleast a couple of weeks to arrive.
With so many issues being reported, I am sure they have started keeping some stock. And they can easily program the VON before dispatching from the factory or even at the service center, right?
Old 6th December 2011, 13:36   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
With so many issues being reported, I am sure they have started keeping some stock. And they can easily program the VON before dispatching from the factory or even at the service center, right?
Keeping stock makes sense. But many owners who have had problems with their DSG units thus needing a Mechatronic replacement were made to wait for the specifically coded unit from Europe. I may be wrong, but I thought that the mechatronic unit is a completely sealed box of equipment pre-coded with the VIN which the ASCs had no means of altering or getting inside.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:39   #88
Team-BHP Support

Isn't this the first mechatronics issue reported in the forum? I mean, on the 6-speed DSG. As Ashuman mentioned, this looks more like a manufacturing defect, and not the failure cases reported on the 7-speed one.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th December 2011 at 16:42. Reason: updated
Old 6th December 2011, 18:01   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't this the first mechatronics issue reported in the forum? I mean, on the 6-speed DSG. As Ashuman mentioned, this looks more like a manufacturing defect, and not the failure cases reported on the 7-speed one.
Not sure how you differentiate between manufacturing defect and failure - the problem seems to be reproduced during prolonged/sudden downshifting in tiptronic mode. The frequency of occurance is not 100% so it may or may not be a day 1 issue.

And @carmania has been frequently driving the DSG Laura the way it is supposed to be driven - in clutchless manual mode. How many Superb 1.8 TSi AT (7-speed DSG) owners do that?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 6th December 2011 at 18:03.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:46   #90
BHPian

This problem isnt limited to the laura 6 speed dsg. Europeans with 2011 yetis and superbs having the 6 speed dsg have also had the same issue (got this info from briskoda). It is extremely difficult to replicate the problem though. People who have had this issue suddenly stopped having the problem even after driving the tiptronic mode for long periods. The skoda dealers in the UK couldnt find any problem with the gearbox when customers went to them with this problem (after thorough scanning, testing etc).

After having the problem once myself, i tried to replicate it by driving my car in the tiptronic mode for long periods over the last few days but it didnt happen even once.

But with carmania being able to replicate the problem consistently on driving for 20 mins or so on tiptronic mode it definitely was a good decision to change the mechatronic and see if it fixes the glitch. Hope it does.

Last edited by vinj14 : 6th December 2011 at 21:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks